• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

inky

There were many rumors about him for a long time. I remember posting in this thread about what his trees would look like even, and Gaz I think confirmed they were considering him in the forums since last year.

Crownjo

That datamine was a loooong time ago. Everyone supposed it was just for the boss Taskmaster or a team-up or something.

No matter. I shall throw my card at my screen once again. I heard that the Udon costume is his second one.

edit: It is!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
a unannounced hero that wasnt even on the test server is still a surprise, no matter if his model was data mined months ago

if they released x-23 today, that would be a surprise also, even tho we know shes coming eventually and russians have datamined her model

KePoW

Banned
a unannounced hero that wasnt even on the test server is still a surprise, no matter if his model was data mined months ago

if they released x-23 today, that would be a surprise also, even tho we know shes coming eventually and russians have datamined her model

Yeah, the thing is nobody knew he was coming out TODAY

Lord Phol

Even my friend who's a white list tester had no idea about this.
I wasn't feeling him at first, but he's growing on me! Going with a Captain/Archer build.
Can't decide on a basic attack though, one of his sword ones, but which one?

Really like the small details like him holding a bow when using archer powers and his sword being on his back in his Udon costume.
The cotume itself is great too, wouldn't have enjoyed him as much in his classic one.

Lord Phol

It's a test group made out of people from the community/forums who have contributed in some form that caught Gaz attention (like having popular opinions, doing statistics, making guides etc). They get to try stuff out before it hits the test center and have a special forum where they discuss with each other and the developers.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
It's a test group made out of people from the community/forums who have contributed in some form that caught Gaz attention (like having popular opinions, doing statistics, making guides etc). They get to try stuff out before it hits the test center and have a special forum where they discuss with each other and the developers.

yup thasts why the dev tracker messes up sometimes normally when a hero is coming

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
22 on Taskmaster, was doing a melee build up to 14, then tried a range build, both using bouncing shield heavily lol (how can you not, its awesome).

Think I prefer melee tbh, and with his normal passive, plus cap and DD toggles, he is a survivability BEAST. my only issue is spirit management, and I really dont want to use the spidey toggle just for that

also, he is a fucking dick to heroes AND villains with his lines, and I love it

I actually prefer the spidey aura over the Daredevil one because of the movespeed. :p
But yeah, Cap one is pretty much the go-to one for anything.

One of my favorite lines of his so far is when you destroy props, he sometimes says "Bill the Avengers or something".

Rhaknar

I actually prefer the spidey aura over the Daredevil one because of the movespeed. :p
But yeah, Cap one is pretty much the go-to one for anything.

One of my favorite lines of his so far is when you destroy props, he sometimes says "Bill the Avengers or something".

does he say anything against himself in the terminal (or chapter 2 instance), because he didnt when I fought him in a xdef wave

LuuKyK

New datamines contain the new costumes for Black Widow (fear itself), Captain America (winter soldier), and the official model for Invisible Woman.

m3Z7WYE.png

4Gujon0.png

5pA91ra.png

PS: Will they ever give us a different hair style? >_>

Quick question about Xdef.
Paired up with the missus last night, she's 3 levels below me. She started an Xdef, but I wasn't able to join as I didn't meet the level requirement.

How does the level requirement work in Xdef? I've definitely been in games before when people have outleveled me significantly so why couldn't I join?

Is there anything I need to know before I do the cow level? Will a level 60 cut it? Or is it more like Cosmics where even tough level 60's still get hammered?

Anyone?

Blank!

Quick question about Xdef.
Paired up with the missus last night, she's 3 levels below me. She started an Xdef, but I wasn't able to join as I didn't meet the level requirement.

How does the level requirement work in Xdef? I've definitely been in games before when people have outleveled me significantly so why couldn't I join?

Anyone?

1- IIRC, it's 1-9, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60. If you fall outside of that range, you can't play together.

2- Which cow level? The crafting one or the one you buy with shards/splinters? The crafting one is technically level 55 but features insane mob density and a lot of ranged. It can be difficult for some heroes (and not very rewarding anymore IMO). The latter is best ran with a group regardless simply because the loot availability shouldn't be done alone :)

1- IIRC, it's 1-9, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60. If you fall outside of that range, you can't play together.

2- Which cow level? The crafting one or the one you buy with shards/splinters? The crafting one is technically level 55 but features insane mob density and a lot of ranged. It can be difficult for some heroes (and not very rewarding anymore IMO). The latter is best ran with a group regardless simply because the loot availability shouldn't be done alone :)

Ahh, blocks of ten is it? That probably explains it, we would have been 28 and 31 at the time I think.

We have both now from the Cow weekend. I was thinking we'd try the 55 one by ourselves, but probably leave the 60 for a group. Though if you say it's not particularly rewarding now anyway, it probably doesn't matter.

Thanks!

5pA91ra.png

PS: Will they ever give us a different hair style? >_>

Yeah. Sues face and hair both look pretty terrible. Apparently The Dink is working on Sue and Im pretty sure she did Emmas Phoenix outfit (and face), which both look really good, so Im not sure why the Invisible Woman looks so... bleh.
We'd better get that sexy 90's outfit for her too. I will have my wallet ready, if Gaz make it.

LuuKyK

Yeah. Sues face and hair both look pretty terrible. Apparently The Dink is working on Sue and Im pretty sure she did Emmas Phoenix outfit (and face), which both look really good, so Im not sure why the Invisible Woman looks so... bleh.
We'd better get that sexy 90's outfit for her too. I will have my wallet ready, if Gaz make it.

The Dink is great indeed. But actually she is doing Sue's alt costume and, wait for it, she is the one responsible for Psylocke! Great news.

Thats her post from the forum:

Oh wow! I'm so happy some are excited XD I will do my uber best! I have always loved Psylocke, I really like how Capcom drew her!

Right now I am working on a Invisible Woman's costume!

I will try my best but everyone sees her differently so I'm sure not everyone will be pleased O_O

Oh the pressure!

Lord Phol

The Dink is great indeed. But actually she is doing Sue's alt costume and, wait for it, she is the one responsible for Psylocke! Great news.

Thats her post from the forum:

Awesome, love her work on Squirrel Girls GTX costume (even though I dislike the hero itself).
The new Captain costume looks great, the Black Widow one is pretty meh but her face and hair looks awesome. Sue Storm looks horrible, hope TheDink can wow me with the alternative costume.

When items drop, can they be picked up by anyone? I ran into some event where a bunch of people were killing a boss and other people appeared to be picking up items as they dropped. At least it looked that way. Another thing I saw was people picking up items from some kind of chest that appeared in the "neutral" area before the starting zone

Vecks

When items drop, can they be picked up by anyone? I ran into some event where a bunch of people were killing a boss and other people appeared to be picking up items as they dropped. At least it looked that way. Another thing I saw was people picking up items from some kind of chest that appeared in the "neutral" area before the starting zone

When items drop from enemies, no, it can only be seen and picked up by you. When people drop items, then anyone can take them.

Rhaknar

that widow costume looks awesome, think thunderbolts is still the best tho

does he say anything against himself in the terminal (or chapter 2 instance), because he didnt when I fought him in a xdef wave

He didn't say anything in Midtown, but I also didn't get around to playing the terminal yet. I probably will do that today after class. :)

I just got around having to do Taskmaster's terminal with Taskmaster as LQ. He doesn't say anything at the start of the fight (sadly), but after beating himself, Tasky says something like "Whoop dee doo, another mirror badge".

KePoW

Banned
I just got around having to do Taskmaster's terminal with Taskmaster as LQ. He doesn't say anything at the start of the fight (sadly), but after beating himself, Tasky says something like "Whoop dee doo, another mirror badge".

He says "merit" badge. I've heard him say that line many places haha

He says "merit" badge. I've heard him say that line many places haha

Ohh, yeah, I might've misheard it, there were still some Hydra stooges pew-pewing there due to Taskmaster's Hail Hydra modifier.
Never heard him say it before, either. :)

So I guess it's no unique line for fighting himself!

Lord Phol

Well, after watching Winter Soldier last night (so good) I had to buy the new costume for Cap. Really like the design and it translated well in-game.

Marvel NOW Hulk preview:

Yeah the Winter Soldier costume ooks great, would definetly buy it if I played the Captain more and didn't all ready have his Director of S.H.I.E.L.D costume.
That Hulk costume looks awesome as well! Might have to throw my apocalypse/war one into the costume mixer.

Rhaknar

YES at that Hulk Marvel Now costume, I was hoping it was coming, insta buy for me

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
two codes

INSTITUTE Taskmaster's Mystery Box 1 x Credit Drop Boost 2 hours, 1 x Rarity Drop Boost 2 hours, 1 x Special Item Find Boost 2 hours.

RECRUIT 04/06/14 S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Preparedness Kit 1x Iridium Triple Boost, 1x Retcon, 1x Iridium Triple Rush

Top Bottom