• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

GManDH

two codes

INSTITUTE Taskmaster's Mystery Box 1 x Credit Drop Boost 2 hours, 1 x Rarity Drop Boost 2 hours, 1 x Special Item Find Boost 2 hours.

RECRUIT 04/06/14 S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Preparedness Kit 1x Iridium Triple Boost, 1x Retcon, 1x Iridium Triple Rush

recruit works now.

LuuKyK

I am loving Scarlet Witch. She is like... a better Storm. This power where she floats around creating a massive bubble of energy is such an amazing looking power, and its effective too. I am cleaning Holo-Sim hordes so fast. Feels good.

Using all these boosters Gaz is giving to level up her. I have to say it went quite fast. Also, I got all five uniques for her in one holo-sim session (three from the same Venom). They were not kidding when they said the loot would be improved this weekend. :lol Almost level 50 already.

Oh, and I am 50 splinters short of 400. Psylocke is coming.
scared.gif

inky

Cosmic Doop was nice to me the other day. Which means they will probably nerf it :p

h0LXK3G.png

Gaz will be all liek: 2 Cosmics? This will not stand. It is called "Cosmic Doop", not "Cosmics Doop"!

KePoW

Banned
Whoa is he really that big, or maybe it's hard to gauge with the angle of your screenshot. Is he really twice as big as Spider-Man?

inky

Yes, he is that big.

Edit: Also, Team Ups are up on the test center. At least Spidey and Magik are. Their passive effects are pretty good, maybe even better than their active ones. The fact that you can't costume up your team ups (which means Spidey is in his fugly pajamas default costume) means I won't really feel bad for not owning them all, at least not the ones based on existing heroes.

KePoW

Banned
Yes, he is that big.

Edit: Also, Team Ups are up on the test center. At least Spidey and Magik are. Their passive effects are pretty good, maybe even better than their active ones. The fact that you can't costume up your team ups (which means Spidey is in his fugly pajamas default costume) means I won't really feel bad for not owning them all, at least not the ones based on existing heroes.

I'll still buy them all with splinters, which is not a big deal. But yeah, if it's a character costume that I don't like then I certainly wouldn't pay real money for one.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i got the pre sale pack for all 4, I thought the price was decent enough. Ill use splinters for heroes like Nova or some surprise like Tasky

LuuKyK

Who in their right mind would buy a Spider Man team up when he can be bought as a playable hero? lol I just don't get the appeal honestly...

GManDH

Who in their right mind would buy a Spider Man team up when he can be bought as a playable hero? lol I just don't get the appeal honestly...

he is actually an awesome team up for people who are ranged or for someone who just wants to melee everything.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

people that already have him as playable?

Pretty good weekend with those free boons. Also got 10 splinters as my daily login bonus yesterday, so that was nice. Saving up for Tasky now, 145 Splinters and counting!

Got Hulk and Iron Man to 60 in the last week.
Started on Captain America now, 20 already just last night and enjoying him too. That Shield Bounce is great.

Didn't get much out of Holo Sim, but did roll a couple of Iron Man uniques around level 57-59 which was nice, as I hadn't gotten one in all that time. Got the Extremis Undershealth and the ST99 In-Helmet thing. Both really nice rolls.

Missus has her Wolverine up to 47 now, but she's finding him pretty boring.

EDIT: Had my second Cosmic Doop as well. Two Cosmics; one for Squirrel Girl and one for Daredevil.

I hate holo-sim...my partners scrubbing out at level 6 like every damn time.

I'd never tried it before this weekend's event haha..

Had a good run with an Emma Frost. Think we made wave 16. Mostly just wave 9-10 runs though. My Iron Man is good for clearing out the big packs.

It's a lot slower paced than Xdef and nowhere near as action-packed as MM though so I can understand the lack of interest (but don't condone people scrubbing out of course lol)

Have any of you got the Superior Spider-Man costume?

Does it come with the "Iron Spider" legs/spider-arms on his back? Or is that purely for illustrative purposes?

I've seen people around in the costume but without the extra legs, yet the display photo on the store page has the legs (or is it as simple as you can turn them on or off?).

LuuKyK

I never made it past Wave 10 on holo-sim. lmao

Its kinda fun though. Clearing those huge waves of enemies with Scarlet Witch has been so much fun.

I still prefer X-Def though.

I never made it past Wave 10 on holo-sim. lmao

Its kinda fun though. Clearing those huge waves of enemies with Scarlet Witch has been so much fun.

I still prefer X-Def though.

Damn haha.. I must have gotten lucky with a good partner.

I'm a bit the same with Iron Man, loving micro-missiles + jericho bombardment spam, then charge in to drop a one-off. SO much crowd clearing ability.

Iron Man has been great fun and I think I'll keep going with him so I can run Cosmic Terms.

Lord Phol

I find holo-sim way more fun than x-defense. Mainly because it feels more varied and less like a mindless zergfest, but also because every mob isn't a health spoonge so it actually feels like you're the one doing damage.
I also just like the thought of two heroes teaming up to do missions.

Lord Phol

Have any of you got the Superior Spider-Man costume?

Does it come with the "Iron Spider" legs/spider-arms on his back? Or is that purely for illustrative purposes?

I've seen people around in the costume but without the extra legs, yet the display photo on the store page has the legs (or is it as simple as you can turn them on or off?).

The "legs" only show when ur doing /pose or /showoff unfortunately.

I personally like Holo-sim a lot.
It's the only truly challenging mode in the game as your deaths are limited. I hope we get the same sort of thing when the Danger Room eventually comes.

With Strange the farthest I have made it is wave 11 with a very good Hulk partner.

LuuKyK

I personally like Holo-sim a lot.
It's the only truly challenging mode in the game as your deaths are limited. I hope we get the same sort of thing when the Danger Room eventually comes.

With Strange the farthest I have made it is wave 11 with a very good Hulk partner.

What a coincidence, I said my best was wave 10, but I also just reached (15 mins ago) wave 15 with a very good Hulk player. I died to Pyro. He always kills me. So annoying. -_-

What a coincidence, I said my best was wave 10, but I also just reached (15 mins ago) wave 15 with a very good Hulk player. I died to Pyro. He always kills me. So annoying. -_-

Is the boost going until Monday as usual?

Going to use up some boosts to get Strange to 60 and then I was thinking of taking on some more holo-sim runs with Gambit as he is probably my best toon at the moment.

Pretty sure I can get further with him.

Got my Cap to 33 now.

Finding him a little bland and I'm not happy with my skill choices at the moment, so I think I'll reroll tonight and probably use one of the builds on marvelbase.

Haven't had much luck with artifacts or gear with +health yet either, so finding him a tad squishy, but he's doing some great damage. Still love the Shield Bounce haha..

Running my Terminals each day with Iron Man. I think he's definitely my favourite thus far and he just smashes through the Terminals. Got my first L60 Unique with him last night. It was a duplicate, but it replaced a L30, so it's been a nice boost.

160 splinters.. I can almost taste Taskmaster!

Lord Phol

Remember that Taskmaster is 25% Captain America though, so he might not feel super fresh after playing the actual captain.

Started playing earlier this week; really, really enjoying the game so far! Rolling with Luke Cage as my starter hero, with Black Widow as backup. Considering buying some costumes and stuff but they seem quite pricey.

Are the Captain America and/or Black Widow bundles worth the G's? Having seen Winter Soldier, I'm hankering for some of that action, but can't decide between just buying one costume/character or the bundle. The inclusion of stash tabs helps.

I'm still slowing levelling my Crafter vendor. Once I hit 20 and unlock the ability to make random costumes, do the costumes I use need to be the same? Or can they be different?

Lord Phol

Are the Captain America and/or Black Widow bundles worth the G's? Having seen Winter Soldier, I'm hankering for some of that action, but can't decide between just buying one costume/character or the bundle. The inclusion of stash tabs helps.

I'm still slowing levelling my Crafter vendor. Once I hit 20 and unlock the ability to make random costumes, do the costumes I use need to be the same? Or can they be different?

Bundles are usually better priced than buying every item in them individually. If it's worth to buy them or not is subjective and only something you can decide. Do you want all the costumes? If yes then go for it, if no, then perhaps you should hold off for now.

The costumes can all be different, duplicates or a mix of the two when crafting. As long as you have 3 costumes to "sacrifice" it doesn't matter if they are the same or not. Do note that you can end up with a costume you all ready have or even with one of the 3 you used for crafting.

CalhounBurns

Neo Member
Got my first 60 last night (Black Panther). Not sure what to do next - gear him up or level someone new. I have DD, SW, Hawkeye, Punisher and Iron Man at my disposal.

Got my first 60 last night (Black Panther). Not sure what to do next - gear him up or level someone new. I have DD, SW, Hawkeye, Punisher and Iron Man at my disposal.

Of those, I would say SW and Iron Man will be the easiest to level. DD and Hawkeye recently had their 52 reviews and are supposed to be pretty good (I do have Hawkeye and will say the new skill layout does make him easier to play). Don't have Punisher so I can't offer anything about him.

LuuKyK

Firestar had her visuals approved and will be on test center tomorrow. Teasers:

Regarding Invisible Woman's model, TheDink posted this:

I redid her model so the one you see in the game currently is not the one you will be getting. I would love to show her off once she gets approved but that is not my call ^_^

Nice!

KePoW

Banned
Are those screenshots directly from Gaz? If so, they really need to learn how to take better quality settings for shots, lol

LuuKyK

Isn't that the game running on max settings? I think that's how it looks like when you zoom in.

I don't think it would be fair of them to show it running with all these added visual effects, as in it would not be a representation of how the game actually looks when you first start playing it.

But I agree that their art direction (those banners for new characters and such when you log in/on the store) are all over the place. Ugly backgrounds, ugly fonts, weird placement. They can definitely improve on that.

inky

Isn't that the game running on max settings? I think that's how it looks like when you zoom in.

Considering something like FXAA or AF can be added from your driver settings, which everyone should have because they obviously have a GFX card to play the game, I don't think it would be that misleading.

It's just such a shame -especially when they do all these HQ models- that they look so blurry and jagged to hell in-game and promo shots.

LuuKyK

Considering something like FXAA or AF can be added from your driver settings, which everyone should have because they obviously have a GFX card to play the game, I don't think it would be that misleading.

I feel kinda dumb now. Where do I even change these driver settings? lol Unless you mean, the in-game settings...

Top Bottom