• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

LuuKyK

If you have an NVIDIA card, from the NVIDIA Control Panel.

Mine is not NVIDIA so I have no idea how to tweak this. lol

But yeah, I booted the game just to take a look at how it looked zoomed in, and it definitely didn't look that bad.

I play it on MAX settings though. But then again, you would expect the guys who developed the game to be running it on the max settings too. So yeah, weird.

KePoW

Banned
But I agree that their art direction (those banners for new characters and such when you log in/on the store) are all over the place. Ugly backgrounds, ugly fonts, weird placement. They can definitely improve on that.

Haha I never consciously noticed this, but now that you mention it you're right lol

I need some Captain America tips. Really the first character I'm not feeling like I'm "getting".

MM boss waves destroy him, blue/yellow packs smash him.. At level 39 now and about 8000 health, but two hits and I'm gone. Spirit is a big issue too.

I'm focusing on Airborne Assault, so I smash in, then Vibranium Bash/Shield Strike enemies, or if it's a big group, I use Shield Bounce to thin the herd a little.

Any of you Cap users have a better roll? Better tactic? Am I crazy, or does he seem to need to spend more time running around on health regen than fighting?

Remember that Taskmaster is 25% Captain America though, so he might not feel super fresh after playing the actual captain.

I only want to grab him next when I hit 200 Splinters. I'm going to buy (with real money) Moon Knight so I'll probably play him next (though I still have Thing and Luke Cage untouched as well).

Got my first 60 last night (Black Panther). Not sure what to do next - gear him up or level someone new. I have DD, SW, Hawkeye, Punisher and Iron Man at my disposal.

Iron Man.

Seriously, such a beast.

I'm doing all my Terminals/daily run stuff with IM now and he's quick, almost unkillable and amazingly good fun.

DrBo42

I need some Captain America tips. Really the first character I'm not feeling like I'm "getting".

MM boss waves destroy him, blue/yellow packs smash him.. At level 39 now and about 8000 health, but two hits and I'm gone. Spirit is a big issue too.

I'm focusing on Airborne Assault, so I smash in, then Vibranium Bash/Shield Strike enemies, or if it's a big group, I use Shield Bounce to thin the herd a little.

Any of you Cap users have a better roll? Better tactic? Am I crazy, or does he seem to need to spend more time running around on health regen than fighting?

I dump everything into Shield Swipe(? whichever the basic with the 360 is), the two passive damage skills for melee/thrown, indestructible shield, shield bounce or torque depending on if you want the consistent damage or the vulnerability, airborne assault, patriot's challenge and the attack speed aura. I don't put any points into the bash spirit spenders simply because my basics and airborne wreck. Oh and 10 or so in the signature that I use on cooldown.

I dump everything into Shield Swipe(? whichever the basic with the 360 is), the two passive damage skills for melee/thrown, indestructible shield, shield bounce or torque depending on if you want the consistent damage or the vulnerability, airborne assault, patriot's challenge and the attack speed aura. I don't put any points into the bash spirit spenders simply because my basics and airborne wreck. Oh and 10 or so in the signature that I use on cooldown.

Okay thanks. I haven't got a point in Shield Swipe so I might try a reroll on that.

Aggressive Shout is the aura I'm using too (+ attack spd, move spd, dmg rat).

I've got all my other points in the passives, but maybe I need more focus on them.

I'm just having trouble with his longevity and - it doesn't help having just come from Iron Man I guess - but Cap doesn't feel like he's really denting on the damage side. There's a lot more micromanagement going on and you seem to "chip away" at enemies a lot more.

DrBo42

Okay thanks. I haven't got a point in Shield Swipe so I might try a reroll on that.

Aggressive Shout is the aura I'm using too (+ attack spd, move spd, dmg rat).

I've got all my other points in the passives, but maybe I need more focus on them.

I'm just having trouble with his longevity and - it doesn't help having just come from Iron Man I guess - but Cap doesn't feel like he's really denting on the damage side. There's a lot more micromanagement going on and you seem to "chip away" at enemies a lot more.

He's a bit more fragile than he should be IMO. Getting a costume core with +1 Durability and the health/spirit gain on medkit use is pretty important.

He's a bit more fragile than he should be IMO. Getting a costume core with +1 Durability and the health/spirit gain on medkit use is pretty important.

Keeping an eye out for a good costume core now. Will play more tonight, so fingers crossed.

Hopefully start seeing some good +health/spirit Artifacts soon too.

So weird how this game sometimes runs great for a while but I come back a week later and it runs awful.

Lag wise you mean?

Some days I get on and and the lag is so bad it's unplayable - like walking around MM and there will be no enemies and suddenly I can walk to the edge of the textures like it's the end of the earth. Then things will pop in/fall through the floor before it all catches up again.

Usually takes two/three reconnects to find its feet.

KePoW

Banned
So weird how this game sometimes runs great for a while but I come back a week later and it runs awful.

Lag wise you mean?

Some days I get on and and the lag is so bad it's unplayable - like walking around MM and there will be no enemies and suddenly I can walk to the edge of the textures like it's the end of the earth. Then things will pop in/fall through the floor before it all catches up again.

Usually takes two/three reconnects to find its feet.

That's weird, I have not had any issues like this with MH in a long time

GManDH

Are you guys going to mix all of them up or are you going to put melee with melee and ranged with ranged. OR do the opposite that way you have a mix, melee with ranged and ranged with melee???

Irobot82

Mine is not NVIDIA so I have no idea how to tweak this. lol

But yeah, I booted the game just to take a look at how it looked zoomed in, and it definitely didn't look that bad.

I play it on MAX settings though. But then again, you would expect the guys who developed the game to be running it on the max settings too. So yeah, weird.

If your card is AMD then, download RadeonPro set of a profile for the game and apply SMAA on ultra to the game. No more jaggies for the most part.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Are you guys going to mix all of them up or are you going to put melee with melee and ranged with ranged. OR do the opposite that way you have a mix, melee with ranged and ranged with melee???

canon based for me. Falcon with avengers, Magik with X people, etc

GManDH

whats a toon that either uses a lot of damager over time powers or has one that is important, and someone besides colo please.

Rerolled my Cap again last night and now fairly happy with him. Got a few nice +health items last night too, so his staying power is a lot better now.

8Fj9jUh.jpg

AWW YEAHHH...
Not sure which character I'm going to stick this on yet, but I'll probably drop the 600k and make it L60.

That's weird, I have not had any issues like this with MH in a long time

Just last night:

oDonxM7.jpg

StJsBs3.jpg

The terminals/NPCs not loading in was a funny first for me haha..

KePoW

Banned
I think there's something wrong either with your internet connectivity or system, because I have not experienced those things in a very long time. And I've played this game 1000 hours now haha.

I've seen it a few times, but not since several+ months ago.

(in other words I don't think it's a server issue for every single player)

I'm sooooo tempted to grab Cyclops now that the Phoenix Force costume is in the store.

I think there's something wrong either with your internet connectivity or system, because I have not experienced those things in a very long time. And I've played this game 1000 hours now haha.

I've seen it a few times, but not since several+ months ago.

(in other words I don't think it's a server issue for every single player)

I'm going with user --> server issue as it's the only game I have trouble with.

LuuKyK

Doomsaw just posted an update on Invisible Woman.

Invisible Woman is moving through the pipeline as we speak.

She will definitely release before Mother's Day, likely first week of May or last couple days of April (possibly presale earlier).

I saw her flying visuals yesterday and they were absolutely glorious. My new favorite.

Also, The Dink about Psylocke:

Good to know guys!

I just finished Psylocke, she is now in Marvel Approval land so keep your fingers crossed! she also has the long Alpha hair O__O

I cannot wait to show off Sue! @Ryolnir said as soon as she is approved I can show her although it will be in her TPose since she is not rigged yet.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

PS: Btw, whats this Alpha hair they are talking about?

LuuKyK

Invisible Woman powers leaked!

Team Shield, Seeker Orbs, Invisibility, Bubble Spray, Bubble Storm, Spiked Ball, Bouncing Bubble, Shield Fist, Implode Explode, Force Wall, Orb Storm, Pancake, Force Dash, Boomerang Bubble.

And these seem like placeholder (yet to be named):

Passive Stealth, Passive Defense, Defense Hotspot, Flight, Team Stealth, Shockwave PBAOE, Passive Offense.

Interesting. Her trees are probably going to be Bubbles, Invisibility and Force then? Something like this I am guessing.

Also, official renders for the new batch of costumes (Thor and Hulk):

rvArLEz.png
2iFJoSV.png

Edit: Omg, sorry for the double post, was supposed to edit the last post. :|

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh the Chase costumes are back? Think ill buy Ms.Marvel then, I regret not buying some months ago when chase costumes were up, and Im not feeling the SWORD one or classic. And that Hulk costume will be day 1 (I gotta spend those Gs I got from the 15% extra promotion somewhere!)

on Ms.Marvel release date, I would be bummed if it was may... except with Elder Scrolls atm and especially Dark Souls 2 on the 25th... yeah, think ill play Sue and Psylocke in the summer only :p

inky

Old Man Thor looking great. I don't really see the point of The Hulk having armor. I feel it goes counter to his character, but I haven't really read that run (is it the current one?).

BP's Man Without Fear is mighty tempting and one of the best looking costumes in the game, but I don't know if I can get it when I am also thinking of getting Shuri pack. I should probably prestige some 60s and craft a few costumes first.

Moondrop

Banned
I want Kitty Pryde as a Team-Up so badly. Colossus+Kitty, Nightcrawler+Kitty, Wolverine+Kitty, Storm+Kitty.... it all works!

How delusional am I to consider this 99% likely to occur?

LuuKyK

I want Kitty Pryde as a Team-Up so badly. Colossus+Kitty, Nightcrawler+Kitty, Wolverine+Kitty, Storm+Kitty.... it all works!

How delusional am I to consider this 99% likely to occur?

IIRC they actually said she will probably be a playable character at some point.

But chances are way bigger for her to be a team up before that.

Lord Phol

Nightcrawler X-Force costume:

Neat! Once that one, Thors, Hulks and Ghost Riders costumes are in-game I'm gonna do some costume crafting.
Edit: Hm, the more I look at it, it's pretty much feels like a recolored classic costume. Will have to see it in-game before I pass judgement.

LuuKyK

Patch notes here, just in case.

Magneto’s health has been increased, as his health was still well under his Brotherhood of Evil Mutants compatriots despite his recent workout regimen. In addition, his damage was increased slightly to match his newfound mastery.

It always felt weird killing Magneto so easily. lol

Additionally, watch your email this weekend for a special bonus!

Hmm, what should it be? More boosters? The ones from last weekend are about to end, so yes please.

The Black Widow level 52 review in almost complete. A list of changes will be posted to the Black Widow forums in the near future for feedback and discussion.

A major improvement to the way the game handles on screen visuals in underway, which will significantly help users of all GPU configurations.

Invisible Woman is over halfway complete and looking great. She will release before Mother’s Day, possibly in late April or very early May.

The new alternate advancement system is underway and will release in May. Visit the Feedback Forums to add your ideas and thoughts.

Raids are approximately halfway complete. The first few encounters are in early alpha testing, while the rest of the encounters are completing the environment design and engineering stages. They are looking sweet.

Neat.

Rhaknar

set all the team ups with their corresponding heroes, that took a while lol

KePoW

Banned
Haha anyone see the latest email they just sent out? Titled "WE DOUBLED IT!!"

I wonder if that's a reference to D3 lol

inky

Figures that the weekend Magik makes it in I'm going away on a month+ long work trip.

Worst time to get a break from the game. :p

Top Bottom