• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

LuuKyK

Figures that the weekend Magik makes it in I'm going away on a month+ long work trip.

Worst time to get a break from the game. :p

On the bright side, at least you will be back just in time for the release of the best character in the game. :D

Lord Phol

Yeah looking good, probably Thunderbolt och Default for me. I want the other new costumes to release so I can go wild with costume crafting and get really excited over the awful costumes I'm gonna roll!

Loving the team ups. Glad I got them all. Been rocking Falcon all day. Seems pretty solid unless you're up against the tougher bosses. Really cool having a team up all the time though.

Unique bonus has been awesome. Got three Cap specific uniques in about 4 Xdef's this afternoon so I have all of his uniques now. Pretty good before level 60.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so whats happens with team ups in parties? can you still use them with no restriction?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ugh my average framerate has dropped to like 54 since they introduced team ups.

I would do the biggest eyeroll in the history of eyerolls, but Im afraid my eyes would pop out of my head if I did :p

It was mostly a joke, but it has noticeably gotten worse...and it's never run smooth as butter.

Those demonspawn dogs or whatever that you can't move through really need to be fixed though.

KePoW

Banned
It was mostly a joke, but it has noticeably gotten worse...and it's never run smooth as butter.

At complete max settings, it only drops for me in big MM or XDEF fights with several other human players around.

I run FRAPS a lot so I can see exactly what the framerate is... it does dip into the 30s sometimes in those situations. Not ideal but not a dealbreaker.

Other than those big fights though, I'm above 60 always.

LuuKyK

Just a reminder.

Use code 2XFUN for two Triple Iridium Boosts.

Btw, got to level 60 with SW. Had lots of fun with her. Now leveling up Emma. She is kinda weak and boring until level 28-30 when she gets Kneel Before Me. Holy crap at the damage.

I got Magik, and she's pretty cool. Team-Ups are a fun addition. But holy hell, gear for them is rare, and when it drops it's white or green. Haven't seen a single blue/purple piece, other than 2 blues from the daily login rewards.

Neither blue nor purple gear for them are in the game yet. Aside from the blue login bonuses.

Blank!

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3299193636531311935/35C7B0FF91F3D49C3AD4719AE326610D6B7BF719/

Best X-def final chest I've ever seen. With like 400% RIF bonus though, and still no unique :(

I got Magik, and she's pretty cool. Team-Ups are a fun addition. But holy hell, gear for them is rare, and when it drops it's white or green. Haven't seen a single blue/purple piece, other than 2 blues from the daily login rewards.

I've gotten a whopping 1 unique out of the final chest. 0 rare runes, 0 useful cosmics.

LuuKyK

Weird. I am not even using boosts and I just got two uniques for Emma in one X-DEF run. Both weren't even from final chest, but from regular bosses. Maybe I was just lucky, I don't know.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Uniques, wtf is up with any hero uniques? I was playing as Strange and got THREE Amulet of Rights, one from handing in 4 identical Uniques for a Unique useable by my current hero. I took that to mean a hero specific unique, and I got my third copy of that shitty thing. Like, what are the odds of 3 of the same any hero uniques dropping within hours? Seems like they're weighted or something.

Rhaknar

I forget, is frost an insider, or just...keeps up more than anyone? o_O

wait he was repping Reaper of Souls, cant be an insider :p

Speaking of Uniques, wtf is up with any hero uniques? I was playing as Strange and got THREE Amulet of Rights, one from handing in 4 identical Uniques for a Unique useable by my current hero. I took that to mean a hero specific unique, and I got my third copy of that shitty thing. Like, what are the odds of 3 of the same any hero uniques dropping within hours? Seems like they're weighted or something.

they buffed any hero uniques drop rates a few patches ago, it IS weighted

Got Cap to 60 last night and ended up buying Cyclops & the Phoenix costume. Looks awesome.

Bjvdd11.jpg

Enjoying Cyk so far. That Ricochet Blast thing is amazing. No spirit cost?!?! Wow. I just roll in, few blasts of that, roll to the next group - wash, rinse, repeat. It's kinda monotonous, but holy hell it makes for quick levelling. Up to L25 already in maybe a couple hours, and purely doing story mode. He's going to be quick once I do a story run and start MM/Xdef.

Thinking about grabbing Strange later this week.

EDIT: Can anyone tell me what the Visual Effect is that has fire around the character's head? Want to get that for Cyk too.

KePoW

Banned
Oh really? Awesome, thanks mate.
SuperScottyBee in game.

I'm in AU, so I'll be on in about 5-6 hours time. How does that sit with you?

Oh wow, I didn't know they had Deadpool in Australia. I'll be sleeping and I won't be back on the game for another like 20 hours.

Do you play the game through Steam? I can add you there to see if you're on

Oh wow, I didn't know they had Deadpool in Australia. I'll be sleeping and I won't be back on the game for another like 20 hours.

Do you play the game through Steam? I can add you there to see if you're on

Damn, figured. No worries.

Yeah, I'm playing through Steam, just sent you an invite.

Derp. I assume that's not working as intended?

That sucks, is that a bug?

Intentional. They're going to add blue/purple versions separately.

I forget, is frost an insider, or just...keeps up more than anyone? o_O

wait he was repping Reaper of Souls, cant be an insider :p

I think Frostinferno is a Gaz developer, from what I recall

Hahaha. I, myself, am neither of those, but that's all I can say on that matter. And yes, RoS has the majority of what little free time I have on lock down for the time being.

LuuKyK

New post from Doomsaw. Most interesting parts of it:

I saw someone ask about Bronx Zoo. That part of the story is going to be added after our last bit of Asgard content (the final boss, Surtur, in the new raid zone).

Our achievements system continues to track on schedule, with internal testing in 5 weeks and public testing in 9 weeks.

Invisible Woman is nearing the stage where her VFX get approved, iterated and eventually sent to test center. It should be 12-15 days and she'll be ready for testing.

Trading system back-end is complete, but front-end is schedule to finalize next month and then we'll test for whatever number of days are required to be confident in launch.

Cosmic Iron Buddy looks incredible and will be in game next week.

Black Widow's level 52 review will be on public test center in approximately 1 week. We did an iteration pass and made a few small changes based on feedback from the sneak preview I posted.

He also teased the next team-ups:

A team-up that loves horsing around.

A team-up that Dr. Strange will appreciate.

A team-up that will doesn't talk much.

Any guesses?

Rhaknar

beta ray bill, model is in

clea, model is in or its a first step for a enhanced costume

and...blackbolt?

CalhounBurns

Neo Member
Beta Ray Bill could be being readied to release alongside Nova after their recent comic team-up. Nova even joked about him looking like a horse alien.
comics-beta-ray-bill-nova.jpg

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I was gonna buy Magik no matter what because fkkn MAGIK, dude, but I'm waiting for the next batch of team-ups to spend my remaining Gs. Fuck this incarnation of Spider-Man forever, such an annoying moron.

I don't know about you guys, but I've kind of stopped buying costumes because I just can't stick to 1 character in this game. So I kind of regret a lot of the money I've spent on costumes in that sense. I see it for a bit, and then it's sitting there. I kind of hope at some point you'll be able to use any of your heroes as team-ups with the costumes you've got equipped (pipe dream, I know).

inky

I don't think I regret buying any costumes, maybe Ronin Hawkeye because their "fake scarcity chase costume" tax is kinda idiotic, and he is not one of my mains or anything. That $13 would've been better spent on other things, but the rest of his costumes suck, except for Kate I guess.

For the ones who are or will be my mains (Strange, Thor, IM, Ms Marvel, SW, etc.) I don't mind having a few costumes to switch it up here and there. I wish double specs was already a thing so I could at least put them to use beyond the visual aspect.

That said, I don't go and buy them as soon as they are released. I wait for sales while I craft a few here and there. I've crafted about a dozen costumes that I wouldn't otherwise bought, so I think that aspect keeps me going in that department.

Top Bottom