• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

KePoW

Banned
Yeah I'm with inky, I like playing different heroes all the time so I don't regret my costume purchases, outside of maybe a couple

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I regret buying classic ms marvel...I think thats about it. but thats because I only really want 1 costume per character, I cba changing them

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I will say I'm still totally in love with the latest Jean outfit. If they ever make playing her non-Phoenix fun, I might just get that.

GManDH

I think costumes are a waste. i bought the 2 big packs and i have tons of them. I wish i could trade them in for uniques or other stuff. maybe when the trade screen comes up ill trade some for stuff.

I've bought the Hulkbuster and Cyk Phoenix Force costumes.

I think I'll probably grab the really important/favourite ones for me, but I'm not too bothered. I have Thor's Destroyer costume from a Fortune Card I got way back, so I'll probably use that eventually.

I would have bought Superior Spider-Man if the extra "legs" had been active all the time.

LuuKyK

This (awful) pic was just posted by Doomsaw as a teaser for Cosmic Iron Buddy.

But the really interesting parts of it are the new map and the "Infinity Point" warning. What would that be?

bLrsE26.jpg

But the really interesting parts of it are the new map and the "Infinity Point" warning. What would that be?

Wakandian Mine One-Shot, Infinity Points.. Dayumm, and that Cosmic Buddy looks cool (I'll never get one).

Infinity Point might be the paragon thing?

Lord Phol

That map looks like one of the old purple(?) survival mode challenge terminals, where you had a set amount of lives and had to complete certain objects that led to a big boss fight. I hope they bring them back. They were pretty challenging and fun. Great for tactical team play unlike the mindless x-defense.

I love costumes in this game and there are only a few I regret purchasing (mainly because they are fugly and I don't know what I was thinking). For me a specific costume can make me love or hate playing a hero.

Infinity Point might be the paragon thing?

Yeah that's a reasonable guess! They did say that it's ready for launch very soon, I'm guessing this month.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
attribute review

As you know we've been working diligently on a review for the attribute system. We're ready to roll it out in 2 weeks, alongside the item review.

Overall goals for the review:

Make every rank in an attribute matter.

Provide freedom for attributes to scale as high as a you want. If someone wants to focus on extremely high Fighting, Durability, Speed and so on, they can now do so with help from the revised interface, shown here:

Generally clean up the system to make it clear and parse, with no extraneous complexity.

To allow for infinite scaling and the new UI, all attributes should scale evenly per point, with clear tooltips. This means every point of strength would provide all benefits, starting right at rank one.

The only exception to the above is "car throwing" which would remain at Strength 4.

All the penalties for having a "1" in an attribute have been removed.

Speed should be the place to get attack and move speed, consolidating it from other sources.

Summary of new Durability:

Physical Defense: 2% per Durability rank

Energy Defense: 2% per Durability rank

Health Regen: 2 per Durability rank

Duration of Stuns on You: -1% per Durability rank

Health (L60): 180 per rank

Summary of new Speed:

Attack Speed: 1% per Speed rank

Move Speed: 1% per Speed rank

Fly Speed: 1% per Speed rank

Tenacity: 15 per speed rank

Dodge Rating: 60 per Speed rank

Bonus Damage to Movement Powers: 2% per Speed rank

Spirit Cost Reduction to Movement Powers: -1% per Speed rank

Summary of new Intelligence:

Mental Defense: 2% per Intelligence rank

Critical Rating: 30 per Intelligence rank (not yet tuned)

Critical Damage: 90 per Intelligence rank (not yet tuned)

Attack Speed with Mental Powers: Moved to Speed.

Experience Bonus: Cut.

Spirit: +2 per rank

Summary of new Strength:

Damage with Physical: +4% per Strength rank

Thrown Object Damage: +4% per Strength rank

Chance to Stun with Melee: Cut.

Spirit Cost Reduction to Physical Powers: -1% per Strength rank

Summary of new Energy:

Damage with Energy: +4% per Energy rank

Damage with Mental: +4% per Energy rank

Spirit Cost Reduction to Energy Powers: -1% per Energy rank

Spirit Cost Reduction to Mental Powers: -1% per Mental rank

Summary of new Fighting:

Damage with All Powers: +4% per Fighting rank

Brutal Strike Rating: +60 per Fighting rank

Brutal Strike Damage: +180 per Fighting rank

Spirit Cost / Attack Speed to Fighting Powers: Removed

Fighting Power Damage: +25% Base Damage bonus

Items

There are a few item buffs as a side effect to this system:

The Mole Man Medallion will get a buff to experience gain.

Seer's Brilliance runeword will get a buff to experience gain.

There are several unique items that provide either cost reduction, attack speed or increased damage to Fighting powers. All of those items will be changed to apply to ALL powers.

Black Widow - Drop Leg Holster - Cost Reduction for ALL powers

Cyclops - Legacy of Punchclops - IAS for ALL powers

Rocket - Timely Inc. Staple Gun - Damage Rating for ALL powers

Punisher - USMC Jungle Boots - Cost Reduction for ALL powers
more in depth info at link with comparison to what u would have with x attrib at rank 5 compared to new rank 5

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/82660/improved-attribute-system-sneak-preview#latest

From a comics nerd perspective I don't like the idea of being able to tweak attributes. Punisher should not be able to achieve cosmic level speed and energy...I like that the attributes right now kind of correspond to the character profiles featured in the official marvel handbooks and gear is what makes people more or less powerful beyond their baselines.

inky

I'm with you on that. You can make them useful, while still keeping them in line with the character lore. Tweak them a little, sure. Allowing them to break the mold... not so much,

It just seems like "what's the point of playing the different characters" other than movesets, which are diverse and cool, but I don't want Super Genius wolverine running around with Lightspeed Thing.

KePoW

Banned
From a comics nerd perspective I don't like the idea of being able to tweak attributes. Punisher should not be able to achieve cosmic level speed and energy...I like that the attributes right now kind of correspond to the character profiles featured in the official marvel handbooks and gear is what makes people more or less powerful beyond their baselines.

This is a valid point

Not sure we need to get overly worried about having characters with attributes that are way higher than what they are in lore. It's not like this refining is going to allow all characters to get 10s on all their attributes (or does it? that would negate everything I am saying). Thing (and Colossus and so on) will likely have a fairly low Speed attribute that may grow a little as he levels, but he is not going to all of a sudden become Quicksilver. Yes, equipment cores and other items can pump them beyond their standard levels, but in a way those items become the clear reason why they are doing things beyond their normal abilities.

Also, just going on the Speed thing about one more thing - they have actually decreased how much move speed bonus you get from getting that number higher.

LuuKyK

How active is the PVP thing in the game? Never even tried it tbh, and overall my impression is that people really couldnt care less about it. I guess its still on beta/testing, so there is that...

Not sure we need to get overly worried about having characters with attributes that are way higher than what they are in lore. It's not like this refining is going to allow all characters to get 10s on all their attributes (or does it? that would negate everything I am saying). Thing (and Colossus and so on) will likely have a fairly low Speed attribute that may grow a little as he levels, but he is not going to all of a sudden become Quicksilver. Yes, equipment cores and other items can pump them beyond their standard levels, but in a way those items become the clear reason why they are doing things beyond their normal abilities.

Also, just going on the Speed thing about one more thing - they have actually decreased how much move speed bonus you get from getting that number higher.

"Provide freedom for attributes to scale as high as a you want."

"To allow for infinite scaling and the new UI, all attributes should scale evenly per point, with clear tooltips. This means every point of strength would provide all benefits, starting right at rank one."

It looks to me like they're going to basically function like relics...which means that from a min-maxing perspective they will essentially be completely comic inaccurate.

"Provide freedom for attributes to scale as high as a you want."

"To allow for infinite scaling and the new UI, all attributes should scale evenly per point, with clear tooltips. This means every point of strength would provide all benefits, starting right at rank one."

It looks to me like they're going to basically function like relics...which means that from a min-maxing perspective they will essentially be completely comic inaccurate.

Well, it might allow for infinite scaling but that doesn't mean the best equipment will have those bonuses. Now yes, if they come up with a runeword-type system where you can add attribute bonuses to every piece of equipment you use then that will be disappointing.

Let me use a real example. My Colossus has enough +STR gear that it actually exceeds the max. Now, with the new system he would get those extra points (to be +11 or 12 I don't remember exactly how over he is) and those extra points would give me a standard bonus. I don't recall what my SPD attribute is, but I doubt I will be able to maintain the high STR and get the same number on SPD.

GManDH

heres how its going to work!:

@tallsooner said: So, I am curious then, if attributes can scale infinitely now, I presume that there will be a program in place that will allow us to earn more attribute points? I am curious as to what possibilities exist.

Yes, there will be several ways to increase attributes coming:

New item types

Crafting-related recipes (mostly related to new items)

The alternate advancement system (inspired by David Brevik's 2nd favorite game, Everquest)

Blank!

Very stupid.

Why anyone would gear for anything BUT Fighting in this system is beyond me. And even then, you wouldn't "waste" a gear slot on this (+1 stat costume cores are already very bad/pointless) but why bother get anything other than Fighting when those systems go live.

Incredibly disappointed.

KePoW

Banned
Very stupid.

Why anyone would gear for anything BUT Fighting in this system is beyond me. And even then, you wouldn't "waste" a gear slot on this (+1 stat costume cores are already very bad/pointless) but why bother get anything other than Fighting when those systems go live.

Incredibly disappointed.

I don't min-max but I don't really see why Fighting would be better for every single hero.

GManDH

i would go for speed and then pick the best stat for the persons power. they did say that if you want to you can max out all skills. so y not get someone who has a +100% attack speed and then +100% mental damage or physical or antyhing else. I think that the PVP in this game will suck, but this means that the pve will be harder and harder.

Blank!

I don't min-max but I don't really see why Fighting would be better for every single hero.

The damage is the same for points invested in Fighting as is it for points invested in Strength/Energy, except it's UNIVERSAL damage so anyone with not all energy, physical, or mental damage benefits more from fighting.

Then there's the 1% cost reduction for strength/fighting versus brutal strike chance/damage... and while it's not a huge amount or anything, it's clearly better than the minimal cost reduction you're getting per point in energy/strength.

Safe to assume Pyro medal is probably the best for Cyclops? Or Madame Hydra maybe?

Got my Cyk to 40 last night, he's getting pretty squishy, so I'm just smashing my way to 50 so I can equip ASSS and a few other +health +def artifacts and items I've got sitting around. Chucked the Death Seed on his slot 1 last night basically just for the health haha.. Though I still haven't seen a Cyk-specific unique yet anyway.

Blank!

Safe to assume Pyro medal is probably the best for Cyclops? Or Madame Hydra maybe?

Got my Cyk to 40 last night, he's getting pretty squishy, so I'm just smashing my way to 50 so I can equip ASSS and a few other +health +def artifacts and items I've got sitting around. Chucked the Death Seed on his slot 1 last night basically just for the health haha.. Though I still haven't seen a Cyk-specific unique yet anyway.

I believe this is still relevant:

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/65955/practical-testing-medallions

Basically, not much of a difference either way you slice it. I'd personally go with whatever you get a cosmic of first. My 60 cyke has both a cosmic pyro and mandarin medallion, I find the mandarin medallion superior for x-defense but my cyke's gear isn't anything amazing so meh.

I believe this is still relevant:

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/65955/practical-testing-medallions

Basically, not much of a difference either way you slice it. I'd personally go with whatever you get a cosmic of first. My 60 cyke has both a cosmic pyro and mandarin medallion, I find the mandarin medallion superior for x-defense but my cyke's gear isn't anything amazing so meh.

Oh, nice thread. Hadn't seen that before.

Surprising as I hadn't considered Mandarin before.

I've only seen two Cosmic Medallions in my time, so not holding out for them, but might stick a Mandarin on tonight and see how it goes. In the same boat as you, my Cyk gear is pretty crappy at the moment.

In the last few weeks, Ive found a Cosmic Pyro, Hood, Sabretooth and Rhino medallion (all level 40-50). I really want to use them, but I cant walk away from the Hydra and Jugg medallions that almost ALL my characters use, because I love the invincibility they offer.
I checked the stats of a Unique item someone found last night and it offered a health regen number of almost 20,000 hp per min! Thats crazy. My level 52 Sabretooth Cosmic medallion has a health regen number of less than 1,800 hp per min. lol. That medallion really needs a buff, IMO.

hamchan

Having just read Annihilation and Annihilation Conquest, yeah I hope they release Nova soon. Since Doomsaw said in the above FAQ that they don't have control over the timing, I wonder if Marvel have something planned for him.

Lord Phol

Having just read Annihilation and Annihilation Conquest, yeah I hope they release Nova soon. Since Doomsaw said in the above FAQ that they don't have control over the timing, I wonder if Marvel have something planned for him.

There's a rumour that Richard is making a return very soon, most likely this summer. I'm 90% sure that this is why we've been waiting for Nova so long and it makes me very happy since he's my most wanted Marvel hero! They can take all the time they want as long as I get my Rider and he's fun.

If you enoyed Annihilation I can also recommend Dan Abnett & Andy Lannings Nova run from that period (Volume 4), as well as Guardians of the Galaxy (Volume 2) and Thanos Imperative (which is the follow-up to Nova Volume 4).

Okay, question:

what is the fastest way to get Splinters? Is there one that isn't just grinding that shit out? I just want more heroes without spending money.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
they lowered drop of splinters in xdef recently, for me i mostly use mm for splinters

Got my first Pym Shrinking Serum last night :)

220 hours played haha, damn.

Was rocking MM with my level 44 Cyk and it dropped in the middle of a mob.

LuuKyK

Wow the new model certainly is... Different.

Was not expecting that. She looks old. Not that its bad. Her hair is definitely an improvement, the face too. The lowered waist line... Not so much.

Still like it a lot though. At least she looks different than the other female heroes. Confident TheDink will also do a great job with Psyocke.

KePoW

Banned
I'm with Hoya, I definitely prefer the old Sue.

The new one looks like she's 40 years old. And yeah I understand that's more "realistic mom-like", but I like a sexier Sue.

But the new one is not objectionable. I'll wait to see what her alt costumes are.

Lord Phol

She's a milf.
Amen! We'll most likely get a younger version of her down the road, but I quite enjoy the motherly look she has here. Theres plenty enough of younger boobilicious heroines in the game to go around as is (not that I got anything against that), so having one that looks a bit more grown-up is fair in my book.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Marvel Heroes 2.41 Patch Notes

HOLIDAY EVENT
We’re holding a special holiday event this week! That’s all you gotta know!

Mysterious Eggs are appearing all over Earth! Hank McCoy (a.k.a) Beast wants to collect these for research so that he can discover their origin and purpose. Collect the Eggs and turn them into Beast for rewards!

Beast has been placed as a vendor in all hubs. Mysterious Eggs, Shiny Mysterious Eggs, and Golden Mysterious are dropping from enemies all over the game. They can be exchanged for White Rabbit’s Mecha-Rabbit, White Rabbit’s Umbrella, Frog-Man’s Leap-Frog Suit Mask, Special Ghost Boxes that contain Odin Marks, and portal to the Cow Level and Bovineheim.

Additionally, we're running a daily gift that begins tomorrow and goes all weekend, but we're giving away an EXTRA special one on Saturday! Login to check it out!

HERO CHANGES
Damage for Emma Frost and Thor Hero Synergy procs have been doubled for now. Synergies will continue to be reviewed for fine tuning over the next few weeks.

PRESTIGE CHANGES
A Cosmic Iron buddy is now available for purchase for those who are level 60 with Cosmic Prestige.

MISSION CHANGES
X-Defense scenario "A Doom of Doctors" has been adjusted from 9 Doombots to 6 for performance reasons; the 3 Doombots removed were the non-boss Dr. Doombot version to minimize impact on loot.

Queens Bank will no longer Auto-Party players. This change is made to make the beginning of the game less confusing to players when they eventually tackle the Raft.

BUG FIXES
Fixed an issue with Moon Knight's Truncheon Ricochet providing too little damage rating.

Fixed an issue with Loki's Meteoric Illusion and Illusionary Projection not scaling their damage correctly.

Summoned entities with limited durations that persist across transitions, such as the Dora Milaje, will no longer have infinite summon durations after a transition occurs.

Taskmaster's Peerless Archer DoT is now able to critically hit.

Taskmaster had a bug in his attribute progression, the bug is now fixed -- net result is he gets 1 additional Strength at level 58

Magik's Seven League Step no longer prevents the player from using Shield Bounce type powers

Magik no longer incorrectly gives critical rating as part of her away bonus

Spider-Man (Team Up) - Amazing Smash is no longer an irresistible CC and now respects normal CC resistance/immunity rules.

Black Panther's Jungle Snare visuals now properly persist for the duration of the effect.

Non-combat and untargetable allies like vanity pets and squirrels no longer display health bars, even when "Show Pet Overhead Health Bars" is enabled in the options menu.

STORE CHANGES
Increased the number of available general S.T.A.S.H. tabs by two.

Thor - Old Thor costume is now available in the store!

This version of Thor comes from a far future where Asgard has been destroyed and it's inhabitants have been slain by the "God Butcher." In this future, Thor has lost both his eye and his arm to the God Butcher, and had replaced his missing arm with that of the Destroyer's.

Hulk - Marvel NOW! costume is now available in the store!

Tired of trying to contain the monster inside of him, Bruce Banner decides that using his brain to help save the world with S.H.I.E.L.D.'s resources and using Hulk's strength to smash their enemies is the only way to manage himself. This armor was custom made to protect Bruce while out in the field and expands to fit his green alter-ego as well.
more stash tabs awesome

inky

That just means there's 2 more stash tabs to buy, not that they are giving you 2 for free :p

Did you buy them all already?

Top Bottom