• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

inky

Man, I wish the rested XP bug would just stay forever. I did all my available dailies with Thor and I actually felt like I progressed a bunch. It's really weird what they did to the leveling curve, but I'm not surprised considering there are already people nearing the cap. Gotta sell those XP boosts as well.

Isn't supposed to be available until level 20 but I got an epic belt at level 15 that gives me 3 ranks of the ability. Does 269-391 to every mob every time I fire it off

I love when you get gear like that, and get to try abilities before you are supposed to have them, especially when they synergize or are powerful compared to the mobs you are facing.

I was hoping by playing the game you could unlock all the characters with time put in. But I guess it doesn't work that way

You'd have to put an insane amount of hours into it, but it is "technically" possible. It's hard to say how realistic is that considering the game has been live for about a week or less.

Once you complete the game with one character, can you just switch characters and WP your way to specific exp places to grind a new character up quick?

You can, yes.

There's people who let you replay chapter missions (though the current chapter progress would be wiped).
In Avengers Tower, it's Manifold, who stands in front of the endgame terminals. In X-Mansion, it's Gateway who's in front of the house. I didn't check who's on the Helicarrier. They're tagged with a purple vortex icon.
I believe replaying those chapters will also allow you to acquire the constant stat boosts to your characters.

What are the prices on individual things? Can't find that online anywhere

What exactly do you want to know?

inky

What are the prices on individual things? Can't find that online anywhere

Here:

Heroes and Costumes

Black Panther- 900 G
Armored Panther 1,300 G
Tribal 1,000 G
Wakandan Tech 1,100 G

Black Widow- 600 G
Classic 1,000 G
Gray Suit 900 G
Original 650 G

Cable- 900 G
Armored Cyborg 1,300 G
Classic X-Force 1,200 G
Original 600 G

Captain America- 1,200 G
Avengers Movie 850 G
Marvel NOW 850 G
Original 650 G
Reborn 800 G
Director Of S.H.I.E.L.D. 1,100 G

Colossus- 900 G
Classic 700 G
Magneto's Acolyte 700 G
Phoenix Force 800 G
Marvel NOW 1,100 G

Cyclops- 900 G
X-Men 90's 1,500 G
Classic 600 G
Marvel NOW 1,200 G
Original 550
X-Factor 700 G

Daredevil- 600 G
Armored 1,110 G
Secret Wars 1,400 G
Shadowland 1,300 G

Deadpool- 2,000 G
Special Enhanced Pirate Deadpool 2,000 G
X-Force 1,450 G
Classic X-Men 700 G
Sheriff Deadpool 800 G

Hawkeye- 600 G
Avengers Movie 1,300 G
Modern 1,200 G
Old Man Hawkeye 1,250 G

Hulk- 1,200 G
Avengers Movie 1,450 G
Gray Hulk 900 G
Mr. Fixit 1,200 G
Planet Hulk 1,400 G

Iron Man- 2,000 G
Avengers Movie 1,500 G
Classic 750 G
Mark I 1,200 G
Mark II 1,100 G
Mark III 650 G
Mark IV 800 G
Mark V 1,450 G
Mark VI 1,350 G
Marvel NOW 1,400 G
Silver Centurion 800 G
Starboost Armor 1,500 G

Jean Grey- 1,200
Black Queen 1,000 G
Dark Phoenix 1,250 G
Marvel NOW 700 G
X-Men 90's 1,050 G

Ms. Marvel- 900 G
Agent Of S.W.O.R.D. 1,000 G
Classic 1,150 G
Captain Marvel 1,000 G

Punisher- 900 G
Classic 1,050 G
Trenchcoat 1,250 G
War Torn 450 G

Rocket Raccoon- 1,200
Guardians Of The Galaxy Marvel NOW 1,250 G
Marvel NOW 950 G
Original Green 1,000 G

Scarlet Witch- 600 G
The Crossing 1,000 G
Reborn 1,250 G
Marvel NOW 1,200 G
Romani 1,100 G

Spider-Man- 2,000 G
Big Time 1,400 G
Big Time (Green Variant) 1,400 G
Classic 650 G
Future Foundation 1,450 G
Scarlet Spider 1,350 G
Sensational Spider-Man 1,200 G

Storm- 600 G
Classic 1,000 G
Classic White 1,250 G
Mohawk 1,000 G
X-Men 90's 500 G

Thing- 600 G
Black Jersey 650 G
Future Foundation 900 G
Fantastic Pants 700 G

Thor- 1,200 G
Avengers Movie 1,300 G
Classic 800 G
Marvel NOW 1,000 G

Wolverine- 1,200 G
Classic Brown 1,000 G
Leather Fang 650 G
Wolverine Patch 1,200 G
X-Men 90's 750 G
X-Force 1,450 G

Other Items

XP Potion 150 G
Rarity Potion 150 G
Cosmic Key 100 G
Unstable Molecules 50 G
Holo-Vendor 300 G
(Cosmetic Pet) Old Lace 1,250 G
(Cosmetic Pet) Iron Buddy 1,500 G
(Cosmetic Pet) H.E.R.B.I.E. 1,000 G
Retcon Device 300 G
Fortune Card 100 G

But you can complete those specific missions to get the boosts, right?

I think you'll have to do it via the mission reset NPC's (Manifold in Avengers Tower and Gateway I think in X-mansion) in order to get the boosts. But if you do that make sure you're not halfway through your current chapter because it resets your progress in that chapter.

Personally I find this kind of annoying because I lose track of who I've ran through the missions with. I'd rather just be able to port to where I want and just grind.

Scirrocco

A question for people who've been around a while.

Are early powers still viable later on? To use ms marvel as an example, she starts out with a move called mighty punches, but later on gets photon punches. Photon punches seems better all around. Is the synchronicity bonus enough so that mighty is still useful, or am I just supposed to respec out of it and put all those points into photon? Is this generally true that higher level powers are just better?

Mupod

Just hit level 20 playing with my friend, him as Thing me as Rocket Racoon. Right around when the game was getting tedious I found a belt that gave me level 3 Tactical Destruction (charge up blast that eats your shield). After sending a T-Rex flying into orbit with one shot I think I'm having fun again.

Thing/Rocky is really working out well for us. He holds everything down and I blast it while dropping turrets - if it gets too hairy for him we back off and everything dogpiles my turret. Turrets have a LOT of hp and I can block doors or distract entire groups while I revive him, hell I haven't even died yet myself thanks to them.

I find myself with an excess of power points though. It'll probably be fine once I hit whatever the max level is, but early on there's just no reason to spend them since all the good stuff comes late. I've already found a couple retcon potions but I'm still being careful with my build since I have no idea what's good or not.

I also don't like the wonky-ass skill bar/keybind system. Ideally I'd like to have everything bound to my razer naga, but it's arbitrarily not letting me bind certain keys. Plus my keybinds don't work until I restart the game...and even if I rebind the default buttons, ASD and such still perform their old functions. Really weird and I guess I need to spend some time figuring things out later.

Just found a Wolverine Days of Future past costume.

Is it worth something in terms of trade? I'd definitely be willing to trade it for a new character.

Thanks! So can costumes be drops in the game/I don't have to use actual money?

Waiting on Mac version

Yeah, you can get every costume and character as drops. The only exception are the exclusive costumes for the ultimate pack owners.

Though, some of the suits only drop from the Fortune Cards (those essentially give you a random drop, like an XP boost or such, but also possibly a character or costume, some of which are only in there).

Are early powers still viable later on?

That really depends on the character. For instance, Thor's Level 2 ability that lets him rain lightning is still godlike later on. Rocket Raccoon's pistol whip, which is his starting right click ability, is one of his best abilities, same with Black Widow's Widow Bite.

That said, I don't know much about Ms. Marvel, so I can't respond to your question directly.

I also don't like the wonky-ass skill bar/keybind system. Ideally I'd like to have everything bound to my razer naga, but it's arbitrarily not letting me bind certain keys. Plus my keybinds don't work until I restart the game...and even if I rebind the default buttons, ASD and such still perform their old functions. Really weird and I guess I need to spend some time figuring things out later.

If you have access to the Early Access forums, report that as a bug. I don't think that's intended, and as long as they're not aware of it, they won't fix it.

sado

Y'know, things break...
Rocket Raccoon's pistol whip, which is his starting right click ability, is one of his best abilities, same with Black Widow's Widow Bite.

As a player of Rocket Raccoon, I can see that. Once you get forceful shot that rules the day though. Other early game abilities are just awful until later on when paired with ones down the tree. Game sometimes feels like its trees need reordering.

Also, that rested xp bug :)

To OP: Name in game is sadonomic, would love to be added to the list if it's not too late.

Qvoth

how easy is it to re-spec in this game?
something like d3 where there's no cost at all?
or like f2p mmos where you need to buy something with real $?

Oh my god, it's 3:00am. I've played almost 4 hours straight, then 2 hours earlier today, 6 hours total. My Thing is up to level 17. Upgraded my crafter to level 4.

I can't go to bed without mentioning the level of detail in the game's graphics. The
Hand Tower
looked so nice. UE 3.0 at work here and it looks great. Detailed environments, high-res textures, some incredible character models (look at Hulk, jesus), the ability effects are great and flashy, sound effects are great, combat is smooth and responsive. I mentioned this before but it feels so much better than when I played months ago, much more polished.

I'm also digging the varied environments. I think the prison starting area was a poor choice because when I first played it long ago I thought the game would be like that, mostly closed in areas. But if you keep playing the areas get huge and most importantly, have very different environments. I was worried about repetitive environments because that was an issue long ago in the beta but that's not an issue at all now. They're very different and beautifully created.

I'm pretty sure 975 RP is $7.50
Yes but the minimum you can spend to get 975 RP is $10. You get like 1200 or whatever but still the only lower option is $5 for 600. A lot of these F2P games use this method in their stores, including Marvel Heroes. It makes sense from a business perspective, forcing the customer to get points in increments, $5, 10, $20, etc.

You can either buy one of the items for $3 or find it as a rare drop in game.
I just got a free respec token as a quest reward. I was around level 15, forgot which quest exactly.

I can't go to bed without mentioning the level of detail in the game's graphics. The
Hand Tower
looked so nice. UE 3.0 at work here and it looks great. Detailed environments, high-res textures, some incredible character models (look at Hulk, jesus), the ability effects are great and flashy, sound effects are great, combat is smooth and responsive. I mentioned this before but it feels so much better than when I played months ago, much more polished.

I'm also digging the varied environments. I think the prison starting area was a poor choice because when I first played it long ago I thought the game would be like that, mostly closed in areas. But if you keep playing the areas get huge and most importantly, have very different environments. I was worried about repetitive environments because that was an issue long ago in the beta but that's not an issue at all now. They're very different and beautifully created.

I agree with you 100%. The game looks great to me. And to think there were people in the beta forums saying the game had PS2 graphics.

I'm planning to try this out tonight once I finish this damn presentation and go home!

I doubt it will be able to distract me from my go-to loot game, Phantasy Star Online 2, for very long but as a die-hard comic book fanboy I know I need to try it out.

Please god add Nightcrawler and you can have my monies!

Fuck I‘m addicted to this game. When I’m not playing I think about playing. And I’ve got 5 more characters coming my way. What exams?

Just found a Wolverine Days of Future past costume.

Is it worth something in terms of trade? I'd definitely be willing to trade it for a new character.

Cant trade costumes or characters unfortunately.

Lyonaz

Characters and costumes are also rare drops right?

Liking the game a lot, currently have Hawkeye as my main and also got the Thing as a reward from earlier.

I wish I could play this with my MS controller.
I know its traditional to play Diablo-esque games with a mouse, but this is going to give me terrible RSI.

antonz

Characters and costumes are also rare drops right?

Liking the game a lot, currently have Hawkeye as my main and also got the Thing as a reward from earlier.

Costumes etc do drop. I manaed to get another costume for jean grey tonight. What people can dois overtime build a loot drop set to where when farming for enhanced chance at drops.

2 of my 4 epic pieces on jean have 8% each and it works for sure. I had at least 10 epic drops tonight a costume and an artifact

maintenance right when i'm starting the game for the 1st time....
derp

I got booted while I was in the process of picking up loot, from a boss I just beat :'(

When you start playing, are you automatically meant to get allocated to games with other people in them?
Maybe its just that no one was playing near where I live, in that case?

So is this like the old Marvel Alliance games?

Saw it's F2P, but those £60+ DLC Packs have me cautious. Are those just to unlock content early, or unique stuff?

So is this like the old Marvel Alliance games?

Saw it's F2P, but those £60+ DLC Packs have me cautious. Are those just to unlock content early, or unique stuff?

I believe that only 5 costumes are hidden behind the super high pay wall, the packs just give you access to characters that'd you'd either have to wait to drop or pay for using paid currency
So if I spend $10 I can start with Ms. Marvel? Good.
Heh good choice, I bought the xforce PACk but still plan to get ms marvel and start with her

Do the in-game motion comics change depending on who you are using? Playing through Chapter 2 last night using Spidey and was pleasantly surprised to see that he was in the forefront in those scenes. Was that a lucky coincidence?

Do the in-game motion comics change depending on who you are using? Playing through Chapter 2 last night using Spidey and was pleasantly surprised to see that he was in the forefront in those scenes. Was that a lucky coincidence?

Yep coincidence. The motion comics are the same no matter who you play as.

Level 13'd my Storm, yay. :) Liking the game so far.
Costumes etc do drop. I manaed to get another costume for jean grey tonight. What people can dois overtime build a loot drop set to where when farming for enhanced chance at drops.

2 of my 4 epic pieces on jean have 8% each and it works for sure. I had at least 10 epic drops tonight a costume and an artifact
If I'm looking for characters/costumes then do I want the rarity bonus or special item bonus?

Lord Phol

No they don't change, and spiderman does get alot of screen-time in the motion comics!

Level 13'd my Storm, yay. :) Liking the game so far.
If I'm looking for characters/costumes then do I want the rarity bonus or special item bonus?

Special Item Find!

No they don't . I played through the story with Deadpool and he's never in any of the motion comics.

I really despise the practice of F2P and try to avoid supporting any game using it when possible so needless to say i'm really displeased by how much I enjoy this game. I suppose there's always an exception to the rule.

Started as Storm and got up to level 15, got super lucky with gear drops and am currently in full epics in every slot with really great +skills on them all. pretty much 1 shot everything that isn't a boss and never run out of mana. Haven't even come remotely close to dieing so far and it feels good to be so powerful in a loot game again. Heavy Diablo 2 feelings on that front.

There's a decent amount of clunkiness in various parts of the game still and it could really use a fresh coat of production values but so far so good and I am enjoying my time with it.

Cable gets much better when he hits his 20s, he becomes a crazy AoEDoT monster with a skill that prevents 90% of things that can hurt you. Some of the powers seem poorly balanced though, for example my telekentic shield only provides 30% damage resistance for 5 seconds where where as the skill he gets before it in the tree provides a barrier that practically nothing can get through which will defend your entire party for a short duration.

On another not I really like how the loot is handled in the game, lots of power increases, attack modifiers, and even actives on artefacts make it much more interesting than D3's only 1 stat matters.

inky

Cable gets much better when he hits his 20s, he becomes a crazy AoEDoT monster with a skill that prevents 90% of things that can hurt you. Some of the powers seem poorly balanced though, for example my telekentic shield only provides 30% damage resistance for 5 seconds where where as the skill he gets before it in the tree provides a barrier that practically nothing can get through which will defend your entire party for a short duration.

And it used to be 50% damage reduction; his teleport at rank 1 had 1500 range.

His barrier thingy is insane too. It just melts mobs/bosses. He is not my kind of character to play, but he is a very well rounded one.

Lord Phol

Yeah he's great! His Pulse Blast (third standard attack) also increases in speed for each point added, he's just going to get better the more you level him.

Top Bottom