• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Toppot

Another code, gives you one retcon potion so that anyone can take advantage of the unlimited retcons this week. Plus it's another potion to use after the week is over.

InfiniteRetconWeek

Vecks

For my free random boxes, got Spiderman (dupe) and Cable Armored Cyborg.
Bought Colossus' Acolyte costume for the sake of BOGO (only 450g costume that I like) and got Spiderman's big time.

Somewhat satisfied.

Moondrop

Banned
For my free random boxes, got Spiderman (dupe) and Cable Armored Cyborg.
Bought Colossus' Acolyte costume for the sake of BOGO (only 450g costume that I like) and got Spiderman's big time.

Somewhat satisfied.

Costumes are BOGO too? Goddamit I'm leaving work.

Edit: train halted one stop from my place /karmaed

Edit2: walking home...

LuuKyK

Am I the only one experiencing some massive lag that eventually leads to disconnects? Just missed the final chest of a 30 waves X-DEF run because of this. Annoying. -_-

inky

Kinda unlucky day for me:

BOGO = Repeated Spidey Costume
Random Costume Box = Repeated Cap Costume
Blender Try 1 = Repeated Dr. Strange Costume
Blender Try 2 = Storm's X-Men Uniform (yuck).

+ Wolvie's DoFP from MK I FC

Update:

BOGO 2 = Bought Hulkbuster, got Lady Deadpool
Blender Try 3 = Got Cap's First Avenger Costume

Well, I guess my luck improved a bit. This game loves giving me Cap costumes for some reason. Now I'm broke so no more crafting until Psylocke is out I guess.

Scirrocco

Thinking about getting a 900 g hero, settled on gambit nightcrawler. How do each play? I remember people complaining gambit wasnt that good wjen he was released, is he any better now?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Free hero: Punisher
Free costume: Iron Man Mark IV

That's my 2nd iron man costume. If I don't get him after 2 BOGO's I'm gonna have to buy him outright.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just bought Taskmaster and got Moon Knight free :) He was one of the ones I was eying actually, so I'm pretty happy with that.

Xevren

Am I the only one experiencing some massive lag that eventually leads to disconnects? Just missed the final chest of a 30 waves X-DEF run because of this. Annoying. -_-

I am, but it's probably more because my internet is being ass though.

Scirrocco

I got some of that today. Got booted, came back and could harldy mov eit was so laggy. Eventually after a few minute si got booted again, and it wa sfixed when i logged back. So logging seem sto fi xit. Sucks it got you when it did though.

Anoregon

Wow...

I just bought Rocket raccoon, and my BOGO was...

Rocket Raccoon.

LuuKyK

I am, but it's probably more because my internet is being ass though.

I got some of that today. Got booted, came back and could harldy mov eit was so laggy. Eventually after a few minute si got booted again, and it wa sfixed when i logged back. So logging seem sto fi xit. Sucks it got you when it did though.

Glad I was not the only one. And, yes, it was in such an unfortunate time. Leveling up Emma has been such a pain in the ass, so I was really anticipating that last chest for the exp plus a chance to get the last unique I needed, but no, lets get disconnected in that exact moment. My luck really has no boundaries lately. lol

... Wait.

Wow...

I just bought Rocket raccoon, and my BOGO was...

Rocket Raccoon.

... well, looks like someone who can challenge my luck. :p

Anoregon

I currently have 1800G and I don't really know what to do with it. 2 900 heroes or one 1350 and a 450. With either choice I don't even know who I'd buy. For the latter I'm leaning deadpool and either black widow or Hawkeye, if I go two 900's probably Nightcrawler, and, oh, I dunno, thor?

LuuKyK

I currently have 1800G and I don't really know what to do with it. 2 900 heroes or one 1350 and a 450. With either choice I don't even know who I'd buy. For the latter I'm leaning deadpool and either black widow or Hawkeye, if I go two 900's probably Nightcrawler, and, oh, I dunno, thor?

Wait for the best character in the game that is coming next month.

Thank me later.

Vecks

if you aren't sure about thor, why not get both black widow and hawkeye?

LuuKyK

bogo or gtfo

smashtard.gif

Gtfo you then. Missing on such a god
dess
tier character for this lame sale. She is worth much more than that and I can assure you you will blame yourself later.

Xevren

smashtard.gif

Gtfo you then. Missing on such a god
dess
tier character for this lame sale. She is worth much more than that and I can assure you you will blame yourself later.

Watch her end up being like Gambit/Luke Cage at release, and if so we can blame you for hyping it up so much.

LuuKyK

Watch her end up being like Gambit/Luke Cage at release, and if so we can blame you for hyping it up so much.

Stop trying to jinx me. Thank you.
If this actually happens I will blame you and your witchcrafts. And you will pay.

And if she really ends up being lame (which is as possible as GAF surviving E3) I swear to God that I will personally buy myself a ticket to wherever the fuck Gazillions offices are so that I can make Doomsaw pain with the saw from his own name for the commitment of such a crime.

Anoregon

I'm just not interested in invisible woman, she's not a character I've ever cared about.

inky

I would consider why I'd want the characters. Do you think they'd be fun/different to play than what you have now? Are they your favorite characters from the comics? Have you seen them running around and they looked like fun?

Just make a list, try to rank them and see what your top 2 picks are in price. If you want to make the best of the 2x1 and you don't mind too much who you get just pick one you absolutely want, bu that, then buy one of the cheap ones. That way you might have some Gs left over if someone else catches your eye in the future.

I'm just not interested in invisible woman, she's not a character I've ever cared about.

Well, he's talking about Psylocke, but he is a fanboy so don't mind him :p
I actually think Psylocke is going to be great fun to play. IW I couldn't care less about either.

Anoregon

if you aren't sure about thor, why not get both black widow and hawkeye?

I did that and got Black Panther and Deadpool from my BOGO's. That was absolutely the right call, and you are a wonderful gentleman.

900 left to sit on for a bit, will probably end up getting nightcrawler just because he's always been one of my fav xmen.

Xevren

If you're a fan of Nightcrawler then you'll love playing as him. Starts off a little rough but he gets better and better.

Foofaraw

Free Hero: Deadpool
Free Costume: Wakanda Tech Black Panther (Who I have!)
Bought Taskmaster, got another Deadpool.

Very much debating paying for Daredevil, or a costume.

Those are the ones that just got added. The ones in the mass message are from a few weeks ago.

Here's a list of everything: Promo Codes

Damn, that's a lot of free stuff. Even though I haven't been playing lately I've been redeeming any code I can get my hands on for when I start back. I've honestly been on a break, waiting for Venom's eventual release later this year or whenever it may be. Maybe I need to go ahead and buy Gambit or someone seeing as how there is a BOGO deal going on.

edit: Damn, I just noticed I have 3400 G to spend.

Ploid 3.0

Random box = Phoenix (didn't have her, nice)
Random Costume = Pirate Deadpool (I already had and liked Ultimate Deadpool, but I guess I can change it up)

Tcbys

Banned
Just bought Taskmaster and got Moon Knight free :) He was one of the ones I was eying actually, so I'm pretty happy with that.

Same here :D

I got SG for the Free Hero and got Jean Grey Black Queen for the Free Costume :D Made out like a bandit today.

inky

I'm pretty sure I can invite you even if you are offline now, but if you have any problems just send me a tell (command /t inky) and I'll sort you out.

Anoregon

Oh right, I'm Anoregon, so I'll take a supergroup invite whenever!

Anoregon

Ok bed time. Spent $30, got 10 heroes, and every BOGO hero I got would have cost either 900 or 1350 G. SUCCESS.

Thinking about getting a 900 g hero, settled on gambit nightcrawler. How do each play? I remember people complaining gambit wasnt that good wjen he was released, is he any better now?

Both Gambit and Nightcrawler are very fun to play and strong characters.
I personally like Gambit the best. He is tied with Dr. Strange for being my main.

Ragin Cajun + 52 card pickup has to be one of the strongest combos in the game.

Scirrocco

Both Gambit and Nightcrawler are very fun to play and strong characters.
I personally like Gambit the best. He is tied with Dr. Strange for being my main.

Ragin Cajun + 52 card pickup has to be one of the strongest combos in the game.

Thanks for the opinion, but i already went with nigjtcrawler. Gambit seemed a bit like ms marvel, with a mix of melee and ranged, so itjought id go with something different. So far his highly mobile playstyle seems fun. I also got punisher for free off him. I might save up my shards for gambit though, cause hr does look fun.

Volimar

Free hero: Captain America.

Free Costume: classic spiderman.

But I don't have Spidey.

I'm GoodOldVoli if you want to invite me to the supergroup.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh shit free rradom costume and free random ultimate token? yes please (costume was wolverine brown and hero was punisher)

also, I really should have fucking bought hulk marvel now today instead of a few days ago when it came out for the BOGO :(

oh and I bought the team up advance pack, fuck it. even if I was disapointed at their survivability, who knows, maybe they buff that, and I did want to have every hero with a different team up eventually. and I know I would regret not getting it down the line when I come back to the game full time

Top Bottom