• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

LuuKyK

Doomsaw just confirmed there will be a Buy One Get One for costumes this weekend too.

Also, confirmed (I think?) new team-ups: Clea, Havok, Domino and Beta Ray Bill.

From here: http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/85786/new-info-from-austin

What are Invisible Woman's synergy bonuses? I'm still debating purchasing her stand-alone pack or the bundle with Mr Fantastic and Psylocke.

As for the new team-ups, Beta Ray Bill was teased, but I'm not sure that She-Hulk was. I hope the next four aren't far off. I have wanted She-Hulk to be playable for sometime, alongside Spider-Woman. I'm happy with a team-up for the moment though.

The synergies tab was not working on Test Center, but its offline now, which means they are updating the build, so the next time its up (should be really soon) that might have changed.

I think I will buy her standalone pack (liked her powers and I desperately need more stash space). I am not really a fan of Mr. Fantastic and I already have 400 splinters saved for Psylocke.

They have been saying She-Hulk is going to be playable for quite sometime now. She was never confirmed as in with a time-frame, but in one of those stream Doomsaw was very certain she was in the to-do list. So there is that.

Also, you will like this post that was just made by Doomsaw:

@Vyntage said: Joking aside, this game needs more Jennifer Walters. And Jessica Drew.

STRONGLY agree on both.

Maybe even Julia...

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1094292#Comment_1094292

Doomsaw just confirmed there will be a Buy One Get One for costumes this weekend too.

From here: http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/85786/new-info-from-austin

Interesting! I didn't consider Havok or Domino, I wonder how far off they are if Beta Ray Bill is already on the Test Centre.

The synergies tab was not working on Test Center, but its offline now, which means they are updating the build, so the next time its up (should be really soon) that might have changed.

I think I will buy her standalone pack (liked her powers and I desperately need more stash space). I am not really a fan of Mr. Fantastic and I already have 400 splinters saved for Psylocke.

I'm not the biggest fan of Mr. Fantastic, but the Wave 2 pre-sale pack seems like great value versus buying the characters individually. I probably only have until Thursday midnight to do decide right? Assuming the presale ends then.

They have been saying She-Hulk is going to be playable for quite sometime now. She was never confirmed as in with a time-frame, but in one of those stream Doomsaw was very certain she was in the to-do list. So there is that.

Also, you will like this post that was just made by Doomsaw:

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1094292#Comment_1094292

YES! :D Thank you for bringing it to my attention! Ms. Marvel and Spider-Woman were my favourite characters in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. I have Ms. Marvel, just been waiting for this very announcement. I'm guessing both She-Hulk and Spider-Woman won't arrive until 2015 though. Still, with the amount of content and support Gazillion have given this game so far, as well as planned for the future, I'll still be clicking away then.

LuuKyK

Oh shit:

The one catch - people will need to explore new builds, new item combos and new tactics to decide what they like best. There will be many more options than before.

To make that fun and not frustrating, we would like to announce the following:

For the next week following the patch, Retcon potions will not be consumed when you use them.

This means infinite free respecs for all heroes for one week.

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/85800/infinite-free-retcons

This week will be amazing.

Interesting! I didn't consider Havok or Domino, I wonder how far off they are if Beta Ray Bill is already on the Test Centre.

I'm not the biggest fan of Mr. Fantastic, but the Wave 2 pre-sale pack seems like great value versus buying the characters individually. I probably only have until Thursday midnight to do decide right? Assuming the presale ends then.

YES! :D Thank you for bringing it to my attention! Ms. Marvel and Spider-Woman were my favourite characters in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. I have Ms. Marvel, just been waiting for this very announcement. I'm guessing both She-Hulk and Spider-Woman won't arrive until 2015 though. Still, with the amount of content and support Gazillion have given this game so far, as well as planned for the future, I'll still be clicking away then.

Neither did I. I only guessed Clea right from those Team-Ups. Though the other ones doesnt really make much sense considering the hints Doomsaw dropped in that thread back then. We will see.

And I found out what Sue's synergies are. 2% Energy Damage (level 25) and 2% Chance to Reflect Projectiles (level 50).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait, why are retcons infinite for a week again? What did I miss, is this because of the new attributes?

Has there been any hints or teases as to how Mr Fantastic might play? I still can't decide between Invisible Woman's stand-alone pack or the bundle with Mr Fantastic and Psylocke.

Lord Phol

Oh yay gonna do some serious costume crafting and purchasing :D. Havok as a team-up ey, will be interesting to see how they visualise his powers, would love to play him someday.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
storm got major nerfs

75% nerf to one of her ksills

FREEZING TEMPEST

On Live 9800 twice per second

On Test 2532 twice per second

even her basic power got nerfed lmao

LIGHTNING COLUMN

On Live 11900-17800 9024 twice per second

On Test 11200-16800 6k twice per second

thundering malestorm got abuff but thats due to physical tag changing to energy tag

they nerfed her ultimate but buffed squrriels girls ultimate to the point she can kill a boss training dummy in 1 second and kill it again when it repsawns lol

Moondrop

Banned
At first Black Widow's and Squirrel Girl's rebalances seemed buggy and disappointing, but I think I was just lagging. Overall Black Widow's appears very solid, except for two sad choices of basic powers. She now has three awesome movement powers- maybe four if I figure out the point of the zipline. You truly have to embrace triple hotbar swapping (as with all of the 52 review characters).

Squirrel Girl I've only glanced at, but the review appears fairly subtle. I like Death from the Trees as a 6 second duration instead of a channel, and bleed on Twirl. Dive bomb will gain a bit of use as a movement power; she still should have an acrobatic leap for flavor. I don't understand why they've changed her signature power into Hulkbuster Squirrels, but I hope to incorporate it without diminishing the glory of Squirrel Special Forces.

Also, the changes to the stat system are up on the test center. Glad I held on to some +1/+1 cores; Fighting (more brutal) + Intelligence (more crit and summon damage) looking pretty juicy on Squirrel Girl right now.

Most importantly, I finally have a plan for this crazy weekend and beyond:
1) Finish levelling BW to 60
2) Compare BW and SG performance at 60
3) Choose a winner to be my primary dodge/crit hero
4) Give the winner my plum dodge/crit artifacts (FFoF, aPSS, aVRP)
5) Destroy, while anticipating repeating this process for Jean vs. Magneto in the fall

they nerfed her ultimate but buffed squrriels girls ultimate to the point she can kill a boss training dummy in 1 second and kill it again when it repsawns lol

I always forget the Ultimate powers; can't wait to see this.

Xevren

Domino team up shall be mine, ohhhhh yeahhhh. Gaz has been so good with the support, can't wait for the weekend. So refreshing playing this after dealing with so much damn lag in Diablo all friggin week.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
event times

UREQcLf.jpg

there an easy way to find out the times in gmt ?

Moondrop

Banned
Sigh, the more I investigate this patch the less I like what they did to Black Widow. My favorite skill, Rolling Grenades, has now been partially converted to AoE. This may not seem so bad, but it removes all the strategy in maximizing grenade impact as well as being redundant with Widow's Kiss. The animation for Acrobatic Assault is terrible.

I've read some more encouraging comments about SG's review though. Squirrel friends allows more active redirection of the swarm, and apparently you can now detonate the squirrels for burst damage. Lulz. It's strange though how they made her single target melee attack obsolete by giving the same functionality and dps to one of her basics.

Blank!

storm got major nerfs

75% nerf to one of her ksills

FREEZING TEMPEST

On Live 9800 twice per second

On Test 2532 twice per second

even her basic power got nerfed lmao

LIGHTNING COLUMN

On Live 11900-17800 9024 twice per second

On Test 11200-16800 6k twice per second

thundering malestorm got abuff but thats due to physical tag changing to energy tag

FWIW, the Storm nerfs were almost too obvious. An always on Screen wide AoE that randomly freezes enemies for 2 seconds or slows movement speed attack/speed AND deals stupid amounts of damage? Yeah, that wasn't going to last.

Compare it to Scarlet Witch's hoola hoop (ruinous) that ONLY deals damage around her and nowhere close to Storm's. You had to see that one coming.

KePoW

Banned
FWIW, the Storm nerfs were almost too obvious. An always on Screen wide AoE that randomly freezes enemies for 2 seconds or slows movement speed attack/speed AND deals stupid amounts of damage? Yeah, that wasn't going to last.

Agreed, Storm's AOE was overpowered. You literally didn't have to do anything other than just walk around.

Just added to the web store!

Team-Up Advance Pack $39.99

Be one of the first to fight alongside more of your favorite heroes with our new Team-Up Advance Pack! Included in this limited-time offer are 3 additional special bonuses. See below for details.

(Note: You will receive each Team-Up upon their release in game)

Items Included in this Pack:

8 Upcoming Team-Ups: Beta Ray Bill, Clea, Deadpool-the-Kid, Domino, Havok, She-Hulk, Spider-Woman & Wasp

3 Special Presale Bonuses:

Deadpool The Kid ENHANCED Hero Costume - Costume for playable Deadpool. Delivered at least one month before official release
ENHANCED Team-Up Bonus Hero "Arachne" - Black Suit Spider-Woman Team-Up with new powers and voice over
5x Team-Up Gear Find Boosts - Released when Epic Team-up Gear launches

She-Hulk, Spider-Woman AND Waspl! Bought so hard.

Didn't buy the original Team Up pack, but I'm going to go for this one. Solid set of characters and an Enhanced DP costume/Alt Spider-Woman TU? I'm in.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just found my first cosmic item. Thanks, cosmic doop!

inky

I'll probably just get Wasp <3 and She Hulk with splinters.

If they don't want to put Team Up packs in the in-game store, I'm not going to bother spending money on them. Those I can live without.

It's much better value than the initial team-up pack. Works out to be $4.50 per team-up (including "Arachne"), with the bonus Kid-Deadpool "Enhanced" costume and boosts.

Invisible Woman has been delayed to allow for more testing and implement changes as suggested by feedback, presumably to the visuals of her powers. Hopefully they are more translucent and less "blue".

Lord Phol

Don't think I'll get the team-up pack, will most likely just buy the ones I want along the way. It's a good list though and a great deal!

Also, god the people on the test forums are so awfully whiny and self-entitled. Almost wow-official forum levels at times. I'm glad Gaz got their white list and internal testers, else I reckon every hero would be a one button push wonder.

Xevren

How good are team ups anyway? I haven't played since Nightcrawler came out so I don't know a great deal about them other than the fact they exist.

Lord Phol

They work great in MM and the first few waves of X-Def, in Cosmic terminals and similar content they tend to die alot. They have 3 "modes" (permanent mode, out for for 30 seconds but much stronger mode, passive mode that gives your hero an increase in damage etc) so I tend to change them around depending on what content I'm playing.

Even if your not going to use them much you should still get one for the passives.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
not sure about this team up pack... I was really disapointed with the little I tried of them so far :/

CalhounBurns

Neo Member
Was really hoping for an Elektra or Black Cat TU to pair with my Daredevil. She-Hulk could be fun though.

BRB could be a beast with my Rocket Racoon summoner build.

With this and the BOGO I may end up dropping some serious cash on this game over the weekend. :/

Blank!

They work great in MM and the first few waves of X-Def, in Cosmic terminals and similar content they tend to die alot. They have 3 "modes" (permanent mode, out for for 30 seconds but much stronger mode, passive mode that gives your hero an increase in damage etc) so I tend to change them around depending on what content I'm playing.

Even if your not going to use them much you should still get one for the passives.

I find them a lot more durable than people say. For starters, don't use the "pets take 10% of your damage" mod or they'll be dead in seconds. It's just too much heat for them. Second, avoid spiderman (melee) he draws too much agro and can't take it (ideally better gear will allow him some actual tank up time, but it's just not there yet). Magik ends up taking a lot of hits when her summons are down too, but with Rocket Raccoon I'm producing enough targets that it's not an issue.

I can run (most) cosmics and my pet will live the entire time to the boss. Few exceptions: Aim/Doom/Kurse terminals: too long, too much damage and in Aim/Doom's case, too many bosses. Every other cosmic they'll usually make it too the boss, die early, get resummoned, and sometimes make it through depending on how the cosmic pools sway or if they have a 1-shot move (Shocker cave in or juggernaut charge is basically instant death).

Likewise, they survive fine in x-defense until the 10+ waves unless they run into a charger (rhino/jugg) and you can't reposition them or against the ground DoT'ers wave (Mandarin/Electro/Goblin/Cat combo). By 14-15+, they're in 1-shot land like most improperly built heroes. By 20+ everything is a 1 shot basically.

All that said, the largely uncontrollable nature of their AI makes them unreliable damage. Even as a passive, there's a chance it'll "waste" their proc on a single guy/trash rather than your main target.. and the proc's all seem to be 30 second cooldown. The passive bonus is alright but probably not worth spending money on (plus "buying" a passive feels very blah).

GManDH

Was really hoping for an Elektra or Black Cat TU to pair with my Daredevil. She-Hulk could be fun though.

BRB could be a beast with my Rocket Racoon summoner build.

With this and the BOGO I may end up dropping some serious cash on this game over the weekend. :/

not to be rude but dont worry bout making teamups like comics for now. they need to work out some stuff once they do they said theyll have almost as many teamups as regular heroes.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've seen screenshots of folks getting 10 eternity splinters to drop at once. Is that just a super rare chance to happen whenever, or from certain mobs/events?

I've played this game hundreds of hours and only seen it once. It's super rare. The only thing more rare is costume drops. I've never seen one of those since they changed the drop rates when splinters were put in the game.

Anoregon

Ok, thanks. I played my DD a bit last night, got the loots I mentioned above and hit 20. Hopped over to midtown to get my first 100 odinmarks from legendary thing, as well as uru gloves that I can runeword apparently?

This game is kind of overwhelming to hop into at this stage. There's so much shit to get a handle on! I didn't even know about hero synergies until today.

Anoregon

Also I'm totally planning to buy 3 heroes during the BOGO for 6 total (unless I get rng fucked and double up) The only one I'm certain of buying is Taskmaster, because he's cheap and seems like a fun choice with his mix of other dude's abilities. Maybe Rocket too, because racoons with guns lulz.

This weekend event is just nuts! How will i ever get to play Dark Souls 2????

Guess the team ups are going to start getting expensive as well.

I've seen screenshots of folks getting 10 eternity splinters to drop at once. Is that just a super rare chance to happen whenever, or from certain mobs/events?

Its a super rare event. Not as rare as a costume drop but close.

My recommendation is to buy two heroes in the cheapest tier you miiiight like and then be surprised/happy with your free ones. Then buy one hero that is best and closest to your nerdheart, and be happy when you get your duplicate Thing token.

Anoregon

My recommendation is to buy two heroes in the cheapest tier you miiiight like and then be surprised/happy with your free ones. Then buy one hero that is best and closest to your nerdheart, and be happy when you get your duplicate Thing token.

That's kind of what I was thinking, yeah. Either that or just buy one 450, one 900, and one 1350 and see where the chips fall. The shitty thing is that, if I were to spend $25 on G, I'd be at exactly 50 less than I need for that plan (2700 vs 2650).

I might just go 450 and 2 900's, because honestly the 1350's don't seem THAT much more appealing to me, even though Ironman and Deadpool both see fun.

Are there any up to date websites with a breakdown of hero G costs, so I can theorycraft my purchasing power while at work?

Moondrop

Banned
Patch is out.

Very excited for the stat rework, but there's one big nerf they downplayed- Intelligence bonus XP goes down from 5% to 1% per point.

Giving a lot of thought to Squirrel Girl melee/summoner builds post-review. It seems finding ways to keep maximum squirrels out will be key.

Also giving thought to group benefits as I settle on some primary characters for the forthcoming raids. Squirrel Girl for example has virtually none, other than a -75% AoE slow. Then I considered Captain America, who only has meager auras, a short duration damage/defense buff, and a taunt. He's really not bringing much more to the table; hell, he used to revive people. Now Cyclops is the best team leader :/

inky

I actually think the stat rework is the weakest point of the patch. I'm not sure I like what they did with it tbh.

My Steam isn't patching either.

GManDH

I actually think the stat rework is the weakest point of the patch. I'm not sure I like what they did with it tbh.

My Steam isn't patching either.

THIS IS PISSING ME OFF. once the feedback thread opens up i will definitely be opening up.

Hoping the patch is up on Steam soon, I won't have time to download it before work tomorrow morning and due to the time difference, will miss out on the first day of login bonuses.

Top Bottom