• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Gothos

oh shit free rnadom costume and free random ultimate token? yes please (costume was wolverine brown and hero was punisher)

also, I really should have fucking bought hulk marvel now today instead of a few days ago when it came out for the BOGO :(

MH has 1 week return policy in such cases. Write ticket to the support and they'll refund you the costume or give the random costume box :)

Anyway, decided to roll the dice and bought the random hero with splinters. Got Black Panther and since:

1) I had 50% chance to get dupe since I got half the roster already
2) I always wanted to try him out

So I'm happy :) So far he's quite fun to play, already got an idea for basicless build using my second Pym :p

Wallach

This event is a blast! I took Taskmaster straight from 1-60 and found like 12 uniques on the way. Not to mention probably 3 million credits or so, and almost 4 ranks of the Shield of Perseus I put on him at the outset.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
This event is a blast! I took Taskmaster straight from 1-60 and found like 12 uniques on the way. Not to mention probably 3 million credits or so, and almost 4 ranks of the Shield of Perseus I put on him at the outset.

I just hit 26 on my Taskmaster, which makes him my highest char. I've started playing through the story on heroic, since I got to 25 purely though terminal/challenge stuff. If I never did the quests on normal, will doing them on heroic give me the same rewards? The splinters for beating doom, retcons/power points etc?

Lord Phol

Oh man all this free stuff!
Got Spiderman as a free hero and Hulk Avengers costume from the random costume box, not too bad.

Wallach

I just hit 26 on my Taskmaster, which makes him my highest char. I've started playing through the story on heroic, since I got to 25 purely though terminal/challenge stuff. If I never did the quests on normal, will doing them on heroic give me the same rewards? The splinters for beating doom, retcons/power points etc?

You can get the rewards on each difficulty with each character, except for the Eternity Splinters from Doom. Those you can only get once per account.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ah, so I'm gonna want to go back and do then on normal anyway, Blarg.

I used some codes and got..

Free character = Dr Strange. I was very happy with this as he is one of the few characters I didnt own and he costs a lot of Splinters.

Free costume = Black and gray Wolverine (with red eyes). Pretty cool. I already have a Wolvie outfit I really like (the mask-less 90's one), but Im sure I will use my new one too.

Moondrop

Banned
So much for the match-up of Black Widow and Squirrel Girl.

This new Black Widow is pretty fun, you can bounce around and avoid damage pretty well. But you have to rely on multi-DoT layering for dps, which is kind of eh. The change to Rolling Grenades is really disappointing. I should explore bomb builds. Overall still fun, but not the kind of character I'd bring for raids.

My melee/summon Squirrel Girl is now getting blown up in the Cosmic Shocker terminal. Her healing is ok, but it seems like she has no damage mitigation now. She should be dodging, but it's harder to keep squirrels out with the revision. Still I don't know how one can be expected to pull off a Squirrel Girl melee/summon build without extreme gearing; she has none of the mitigation abilities of the tanky characters.

Fortunately my tanky Cap and non-Phoenix Jean can still run through Cosmic Shocker terminals without dying, so I have two viable characters. Jean benefited a lot from the stat rework; at level 60 she has 7 energy and 4 fighting (bizarre) which boosts her dps.

Toppot

Got a hankering to spend money on the game again while this sale is on.

5500 G's

2400 on 36 Fortune Cards Mark 2, 3 or 4.
450 on Storm or Taskmaster + Free Hero
450 Captain America Original Costume + Free Costume.

2000 on 4 STASH's
Couple of extra Cards
or
3 STASH's and Magik or Spider-Man Team up.
Plus 1 Card

Fortune Card 2 for Eternity Splinters + possibly another Spider-Man Noir Costume
Fortune Card 3 for possibly Spider-Ham + Ultimate Deadpool Costume
Fortune Card 4 for easier chance of Symbiote Spider-Ham

Please could I have any advice on:

Storm vs Taskmaster? I think I'll prefer Taskmaster but apparently Storm is pretty fun?

Worth getting a Team up? If so Magik or Spider-Man? I have none ATM and they seem cool.

Which card pack to go for? FC2 I'd easily get enough eternity splinters to buy a random hero box or 2. FC3/FC4 I'd like a Spider-Ham Pet.

Thanks =]

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
saw this posted on marvel forum about omega system (alternate leveling)

The Omega System (Alternate Advancement) looked really robust. They showed 1 of 6 (or so) tabs that will be in the game, and there tons of options for that one. Essentially, any xp you gain will also (equally?) go towards the Omega System. It's another XP bar that you get if you right click the character XP bar. Once that fills up, you get an Omega Point to spin.

They showed the tab for "Arcane Attunement", which was comprised of many hexagons in the shape of a peace sign (essentially). Each Hexagon had a picture in it and a rank (like "1/5"). I don't recall them mentioning what exactly putting a point in the hexagon would do, but there were a ton just for that tab. Then knowing there were 5 more (or so) tabs of hexes, you get kinda overwhelmed with the possibilities.

It also works like Synergies. Meaning, if I have a total of 100 Omega Points, that's 100 Omega Points per character. Doomsaw was saying stuff like "That's 100 points for wolverine, 100 points for Hulk, 100 points for Dr. Doom". The audience took a couple of seconds for that to sink in and everyone laughed. Anyways, you get to distribute them per character, like Synergies, which is awesome.

KePoW

Banned
Please could I have any advice on:

Storm vs Taskmaster? I think I'll prefer Taskmaster but apparently Storm is pretty fun?

Worth getting a Team up? If so Magik or Spider-Man? I have none ATM and they seem cool.

Which card pack to go for? FC2 I'd easily get enough eternity splinters to buy a random hero box or 2. FC3/FC4 I'd like a Spider-Ham Pet.

These are pretty personal questions.

I would go for whichever characters you like best from a comic-standpoint. Don't worry about how effective they are in the game.

Anoregon

I might save up splinters for Magik teamup, just because she's the cheapest and I am unlikely to buy more G's so soon after my recent bounty. I also think she looks spiffy with her fancy sword.

Confession time: I'm not really a comic book reader at all so I don't really know who a lot of the chars are aside from the big names, and Magik is one of them. Apologies to the Magik fans out there who don't find "girl with shiny sword" to be a worthy descriptor :p

KePoW

Banned
I might save up splinters for Magik teamup, just because she's the cheapest and I am unlikely to buy more G's so soon after my recent bounty. I also think she looks spiffy with her fancy sword.

Confession time: I'm not really a comic book reader at all so I don't really know who a lot of the chars are aside from the big names, and Magik is one of them. Apologies to the Magik fans out there who don't find "girl with shiny sword" to be a worthy descriptor :p

Magik is not really a huge comic character, so don't feel bad. But she's pretty cool

Toppot

Well, my luck with the game finally ran out xD

Got nothing special in my 36 Fortune 4 cards, got a Deadpool token as my random hero with Storm purchase and got Scarlet Witch Costume as my free costume for buying Captain America First Costume.

At least I have Magik and some more bank space. Hope I get better luck next time, probably in the Anniversary sales.

Anoregon

Are teamups account-wide? Or do you like, need to buy a new one for every char you play?

Entropia

No One Remembers
I got Jean Grey as my free hero, and some ENHANCED Black Panther costume.

Also, I finally beat Dr. Doom, after having stopped playing shortly after launch. What now?

Also, I finally beat Dr. Doom, after having stopped playing shortly after launch. What now?

Did you pick up your final 100 splinter bonus from beating Doom?

Now you are going to grind X-Defense, Terminals, and Midtown until they give us something new. Haha.

Going with their Reaper schedule is the best idea!

Vecks

You could go beat up loki too if you feel like it. Other than that, it's a loot game. You can do legendary quests for good xp or play cooperative modes like x-def/holo-sim, aim for lv60, and hunt down the best loot you can find along the way to make your hero feel super powerful while you wait for new content, like raids. Or maybe just play a different hero.

LuuKyK

I have so many boosts going on right now that they almost take half the screen. lol

This weekend has been awesome so far.

I have so many boosts going on right now that they almost take half the screen. lol

This weekend has been awesome so far.

I had so many boosts at one point that it couldn't display all of them. I got 0 uniques in about 3 hours then 2 dropped within 30 minutes once they wore out... Still, I managed to get a whole heap of xp on my legendary.

Xevren

This whole event weekend has been pretty insane, can't believe it's going to be going on for as long as it's going to be.

Teggy

So much for the match-up of Black Widow and Squirrel Girl.

This new Black Widow is pretty fun, you can bounce around and avoid damage pretty well. But you have to rely on multi-DoT layering for dps, which is kind of eh. The change to Rolling Grenades is really disappointing. I should explore bomb builds. Overall still fun, but not the kind of character I'd bring for raids.

Have you taken a close look at Rolling Grenades vs. Widow's Kiss? BW was the first character I ever played, and I really enjoyed it because I really didn't spend much time looking at the stats, but instead just did what was fun. I was making liberal use of Rolling Grenades because honestly it was just great blowing everything up.

I prestiged to try out the new build and now I am looking a lot closer at the numbers. There isn't a new calculator out so I can't see how everything scales, however, so far I am seeing the following:

-Rolling grenades is now a dot where it used to give all damage at once
-Initial damage is pretty similar between RG and WK
-dot damage is better for WK and it lasts two additional seconds

Plus you get the weakness for WK. The only thing I am not clear on is how damage stacks for RG. If a mob is caught in the explosion of 2 or more of the 5 grenades does the initial damage and the dot stack for each grenade?

At this point I'm not clear on any advantage to Rolling Grenades and if it is even worth a spot on the bar anymore, with the exception that spamming Widow's Kiss is pretty boring :p The only big difference is the way the grenades roll out, and they can be good for just dropping them into a group and then moving the other way to create some distance.

BTW: I finally gave in and picked up Kate Bishop even though paying $20 for a costume is one of those things I'm going to have to pretend I didn't do. But I wanted to try Hawkeye and I really dig her in the comics and decided I wouldn't play the character until I got the costume. I got a Storm costume as my BOGO, meh.

KePoW

Banned
Have you taken a close look at Rolling Grenades vs. Widow's Kiss? BW was the first character I ever played, and I really enjoyed it because I really didn't spend much time looking at the stats, but instead just did what was fun. I was making liberal use of Rolling Grenades because honestly it was just great blowing everything up.

I prestiged to try out the new build and now I am looking a lot closer at the numbers. There isn't a new calculator out so I can't see how everything scales, however, so far I am seeing the following:

-Rolling grenades is now a dot where it used to give all damage at once
-Initial damage is pretty similar between RG and WK
-dot damage is better for WK and it lasts two additional seconds

Plus you get the weakness for WK. The only thing I am not clear on is how damage stacks for RG. If a mob is caught in the explosion of 2 or more of the 5 grenades does the initial damage and the dot stack for each grenade?

At this point I'm not clear on any advantage to Rolling Grenades and if it is even worth a spot on the bar anymore, with the exception that spamming Widow's Kiss is pretty boring :p The only big difference is the way the grenades roll out, and they can be good for just dropping them into a group and then moving the other way to create some distance.

I'm not sure about this. If you find out, let us know

Lord Phol

Meh Sues new visuals looks worse IMO. They totally ruined Crushing Force, which used to look fucking awesome.
Not sure about the Black Widow rework. I found a pretty cool stealth build for her but it's not working 100% at the moment since Covert Sniper is bugged.

Moondrop

Banned

This is exactly the problem- no, you cannot layer multiple grenades DoTs. So it doesn't matter what trick I use to maximize grenade hits; all that matters is landing one.

Widow's Kiss, while seemingly redundant as an energy DoT, does stack with the grenade DoT (as well as the knife bleed DoT). So one basic strategy I'm trying is to layer all 3. But as I alluded it's kind of meh, you roll around as you stack all 3 DoTs then swap hotbars to pick off elites with Acrobatic Assault/Coup de Grace.

I want my Black Widow to be bursty. Hopefully they'll roll the grenade changes back (pun intended).

Hero

So because of the event going on I decided to try this out finally. It is pretty fun!

Got Doctor Strange for my free character which is pretty cool.

Question though, I have a bunch of Valentine's Boxes and Eggs. Where can I turn these in?

Vecks

The big money items like Valentine Boxes are for upgrading your crafter and enchanter. Just look for them, and I forget, but i think it's alt + right click on the item to donate.

For the eggs, go look for beast npc to trade them for stuff. He should be next to enchanter.

Alllllright! Getting really close with my current goal to get everybody to 30. I have only Colossus, Iron Man and Cap left (I specifically kept characters that I really enjoyed playing through the tutorial and in beta for last).

RetroMG

So I played this a little bit in beta, but with the event this weekend, I decided to hop in. Problem is, I can't seem to settle on a character. I've played the Bank Robbery section with about a half dozen different characters. Hulk is super satisfying, and I like how Rocket can set up the turrets, but I haven't settled on one to play as. I remember kicking ass with Thor in beta, but he doesn't seem as amazing now.

EDIT: Tried Cap, and yep, I've found my main. Shield Bounce is awesome.

ev0

Is the Saturn Rune just a random drop? Want to craft something for my Hawkeye but I never get it. I've got so many of these things now too just eating my inventory space. Not sure what to do with them heh.

For my free hero I got Human Torch. Curious as to how he plays.

Free costume I got Emma's Marvel Now Costume. I had been debating buying her with my splinters for quite awhile and this just made me go do it, so that worked out I guess haha.

This event has been pretty fun so far

LuuKyK

How do you even trade? Had no idea it was possible currently. Aren't they still working on a trade system? I swear I heard they say something like on that C2 presentation that was posted here.

There's no actual trading system as of yet. Currently trading amounts to find a still corner to sit in and drop the item next to the guy who you want to trade with.

Xevren

That feeling when you get disconnected after opening up the reward chest after going 25+ waves in holo sim and seeing 2 uniques and unable to grab them... :(

LuuKyK

That feeling when you get disconnected after opening up the reward chest after going 25+ waves in holo sim and seeing 2 uniques and unable to grab them... :(

I am seriously disconnecting all the time. Its so annoying. Its probably my shitty internet. -__-

Blank!

You can trade for runes since they are not bound. Many people trade runes.

But a Saturn will require giving up something rare.

Saturns go for a blessing atm. It's really only for those people looking for bowazon as voice of spirit walker runeword is pretty subpar (not enough of any one stat to really matter).

For early enchanting options:

Seer's Brilliance is still good for leveling. +100 xp per kill adds up.

River of Soul is the go-to runeword for anyone with spirit issues. It won't completely fix it, but it'll make it a lot more bearable.

Ancient Grove is the cheap alternative if you don't have spirit issues. It's got decent health values and the proc is underrated.

Midtier options:

Bone Breaker/Fire - Basically 'cheap' damage rating. Nothing fancy but if you don't need the spirit management of River of Soul or the defense from Ancient Grove, these are your only mid-level options.

Viking's Vitaility - 2000 HP. Was better when 25% medkit cores weren't capped, but still if you need to hit a certain HP milestone to prevent a 1-shot in cosmic terminals... this is a possible route.

Trap runewords (don't use these):

Fortitude of Lion- It's a worse Ancient Grove. The health regen is bad.

Valkyrie- Even hybrid players are likely better off with something else.

Brigand's Fortune- Only if you REALLY need the attack speed. Generally not a stat worth stacking and comes for 'free' on a lot of already good artifacts/uniques.

All other runewords require a significantly more expensive rune. I've got Beastmaster on my rocket raccoon but none of the others (sans Bowazon) seem worth it considering the rarity.

Top Bottom