• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

LuuKyK

I just dont see the point of costume crafting honestly, unless you own all the heroes. Otherwise the chances of getting a costume for a character you dont own are way too high. Of course, if its a dupe it kinda makes sense, but still... Idk.

Vecks

I hear molecules have a very shitty droprate. They only drop in cosmic stuff, I assume?

It's not that bad. About on par with, if not a bit better, than retcon drop rate for me. I mostly get them from midtown. I've got 35 now, and that's after crafting 5 costumes in the last month.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's not that bad. About on par with, if not a bit better, than retcon drop rate for me. I mostly get them from midtown. I've got 35 now, and that's after crafting 5 costumes in the last month.

Oh wow, I thought Retcon's didn't even drop anymore after they added eternity splinters. I've yet to see one, so I'm assuming they are a 60-only drop?

LuuKyK

Oh wow, I thought Retcon's didn't even drop anymore after they added eternity splinters. I've yet to see one, so I'm assuming they are a 60-only drop?

They drop quite frequently to me actually. Had 5 dropping in one X-DEF this week while leveling up Emma. Of course this considering all the server side boosts going on for this week.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
man wtf. I was playing all weekend, hitting the boosted zones, and didn't see any retcons while leveling my mans.

KePoW

Banned

No, you can get retcons any level. But I would not call it "often".

But you can get enough of them if you play for a few months. For example I have like 120 of them now, but that's playing about 1000 total hours.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
in regards too 1 year anniversary doomsaw said this

I would schedule off the week starting June 5th.

Call in sick ahead of time.

Change wedding plans.

Move vacations.

Save up canned goods.

Level everyone to 60.

Buy stock in AT&T servers.

Anoregon

Hah. They really do have very solid community interaction.

I just dont see the point of costume crafting honestly, unless you own all the heroes. Otherwise the chances of getting a costume for a character you dont own are way too high. Of course, if its a dupe it kinda makes sense, but still... Idk.

Lot of players do own lot of characters, and if you have a lvl 20 crafter you play the game a hell of alot. Also there is not a ton you can do with the crafter anyways.

inky

Well, now I regret buying Spidey's black costume. If only I knew it was going to be up during a BOGO weekend. I haven't even used it yet -.-

ev0

Was hoping to get the Tyr rune today but even with the bonus and buffs doesn't look like it'll happen. Thing must be pretty rare huh?

Vecks

Yeah, even with the boosted rune of the day drop rate I didn't find a Tyr either. I did somehow manage to find a Loki rune.

Lord Phol

No Tyr rune but I had lots of luck with uniques yesterday. Found Betty Ross' Big-Ass-Sword and Satan Claw. Also exchanged some duplicates for Ninja Tabi, Death Seed, and Dragonfang.

I got no idea which one I should give to which hero.

Anoregon

I think I'll start leveling Spidey tonight, seeing as how I got my second fucking spiderman token (third total, but first unlocked him) in as many random boxes yesterday.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
If you lost any boosts, please put in a support ticket. Please be aware, support replies will be slower than usual as we work through this.

also patch notes

NEW HERO ADDED - INVISIBLE WOMAN!
Susan Storm Richards has joined the Marvel Heroes roster! Utilize forcefields to crush enemies, turn invisible, and protect your allies!

RUNE WEEK
For this week, the drop rates of “daily runes” such as Tyr, Odin, and Frigga have been doubled!

BIG TEN UPDATE
Thanks for joining us for the Big Ten week! The festivities will be ending this Friday with a Game Update, but we have plenty more events coming up!

HERO CHANGES
Black Widow

Black Widow’s Signature now slows nearby enemies and gives bonus damage to unaware targets.

Human Torch

Fuel for the Flame now triggers on dealing damage with any direct damage power, with the exception of Extreme Combustion. The tooltip has been reflected to show that damage-over-time effects do not trigger the passive's burning effect. With this change, the Spark keyword has been removed from Human Torch's powers.

ITEM CHANGES
Three new Runeword recipes have been played on the Special Events Vendor: Hammer of the Gods, Allfather’s Fury, and Lady of the Sword.

Players can now trade 5 of the new “Day” rune to obtain a bag of 10 random runes from the Special Events Vendor.

Juggernaut now drops a new Runeword recipe: Unstoppable Force.

Squirrel Girl’s uniques have been adjusted to better fit her newly tuned abilities.

PRESTIGE LEVEL
The 1/25 XP divider on Cosmic Level Prestige will no longer apply to XP for Legendary Items or the upcoming Omega System.

BUG FIXES
Fixed an issue that were causing server performance issues and resulting in some players being unable to login for a short time.

Fixed issues with boost pausing in hubs or being removed on changing zones.

Fixed an issue where Savage Axe of Ares was not refundable for Odin Marks

Fixed an issue where the bleed proc on the Savage Axe of Ares was not dealing the correct amount of damage.

Fixed an issue where damage rating (and damage to attacking targets) was not a valid costume roll. In light of this issue, we are reducing the cost of Offensive/Defensive costume affixes to ⅕ their normal cost.

Fixed an issue where some event bosses would spawn every thirty seconds.

Corrected the life on hit for artifact Frigga’s Circlet to it’s intended amount.

Captain America's Airborne Assault now correctly has the Shield Throw tag.

Colossus' Colossal Punch will now properly have its spirit cost reduced by the Strength attribute

Fixed an issue where Dr. Strange's Astral Projection and Astral Legion powers would toggle off and would leave a projection out when changing certain items.

UPCOMING PATCH
We'll have a patch later this week (Friday) to disable the Big Ten Weekend special items & provide additional bug fixes!

inky

I lost several boosts during the past couple of days. They would just disappear while I was walking around a hub and checking vendors (after tp'ing to make sure they were not counting down). I'm sending that ticket for sure.

GManDH

I lost several boosts during the past couple of days. They would just disappear while I was walking around a hub and checking vendors (after tp'ing to make sure they were not counting down). I'm sending that ticket for sure.

i sent in a ticket almost a month ago and it still hasnt been resolved. I also think i lost some Odin marks. you can mention me by name on your ticket.

KePoW

Banned

You mean boost *items* in your inventory?

Same happened to me. My theory was they were still actually counting down in hubs even though you couldn't visibly see it.

inky

You mean boost *items* in your inventory?

No, active boosts disappearing. And I am aware of the "count-down bug" so it wasn't that, or like Absoludacrous says, maybe it was happening invisibly. Although it felt more sudden than that.

Wallach

No, active boosts disappearing. And I am aware of the "count-down bug" so it wasn't that, or like Absoludacrous says, maybe it was happening invisibly. Although it felt more sudden than that.

Certain boosts were also immediately ending if you swapped characters.

inky

Certain boosts were also immediately ending if you swapped characters.

You know, it was most likely this then. I noticed that some boosts would start to count down again if you switched characters, but I was doing several things at a time (leveling Widow and Tasky and doing terminals), so I had to switch between characters often. Then suddenly I was selling my stuff after clearing a terminal and noticed the boosts with plenty of time left were gone.

Maybe it is petty to contact them considering I don't ever pay for boosts and that they likely have tons of tickets with other issues to respond to, but some additional boosts would be nice. It was a pretty widespread issue they might as well just give everyone some extras and leave it at that.

KePoW

Banned

You know, it was most likely this then. I noticed that some boosts would start to count down again if you switched characters, but I was doing several things at a time (leveling Widow and Tasky and doing terminals), so I had to switch between characters often. Then suddenly I was selling my stuff after clearing a terminal and noticed the boosts with plenty of time left were gone.

Maybe it is petty to contact them considering I don't ever pay for boosts and that they likely have tons of tickets with other issues to respond to, but some additional boosts would be nice. It was a pretty widespread issue they might as well just give everyone some extras and leave it at that.

Ah okay, good to know.

I hit 60 with Cyclops last night. My first max level character. I'm conflicted whether I should gear him up or work on another character. I have a lvl 40 Human Torch as my next highest, but want to level Scarlet Witch, Ms. Marvel, and Loki. What to do... what to do...

Anoregon

I hit 60 with Cyclops last night. My first max level character. I'm conflicted whether I should gear him up or work on another character. I have a lvl 40 Human Torch as my next highest, but want to level Scarlet Witch, Ms. Marvel, and Loki. What to do... what to do...

I hit 60 on my first last night too (Taskmaster) and I'm leaning towards leveling new chars. Don't get me wrong, i dig TM a lot, but I'd rather have a small stable of 60's ASAP than just focus on the one and ignore everything else. Besides, I might discover a new favorite while leveling.

GManDH

I hit 60 on my first last night too (Taskmaster) and I'm leaning towards leveling new chars. Don't get me wrong, i dig TM a lot, but I'd rather have a small stable of 60's ASAP than just focus on the one and ignore everything else. Besides, I might discover a new favorite while leveling.

lvl as many 60s as u can, at least to 50 so u can get synergies.

Anoregon

lvl as many 60s as u can, at least to 50 so u can get synergies.

Yeah, that's the current plan, but I figure if I get a guy to 50, I might as well go all the way.

I was originally planning to get Nightcrawler up as my next dude, but since I have 2 Spiderman tokens taking up space in my bank I might do him instead. I also like Rocket and Deadpool, but they can wait as they haven't had their reviews yet.

Yea, I was switching around a ton as well, so maybe that is it.

GManDH

Yeah, that's the current plan, but I figure if I get a guy to 50, I might as well go all the way.

I was originally planning to get Nightcrawler up as my next dude, but since I have 2 Spiderman tokens taking up space in my bank I might do him instead. I also like Rocket and Deadpool, but they can wait as they haven't had their reviews yet.

be careful, deadpool is a BLAST. you can play him so many ways that youll want to play him for a while. i just finished my Daredevil and tried going back ot my hawkeye but now i suck at it. as long as you have fun its all the same.

Anoregon

Yes, even though I am not sure how that works. I think the more lvl 60 characters you have the more EXP you earn.

The first level 60 gives an account-wide 30% xp boost, second is 20 (for a total of 50%), next is 10, then everyone after that is 5.

I THINK. I know the 30% for the first is right, but me off on the rest.

1st is 30%, 2nd is 20%, 3rd is 15%, 4th is 10%.

Every one after that is 5%, up to a max of 200% XP.

You also get 1% when a hero reaches level 30 and 3% when they reach 50. This will then get replaced by the relevant amount once they reach 60.

LuuKyK

1st is 30%, 2nd is 20%, 3rd is 15%, 4th is 10%.

Every one after that is 5%, up to a max of 200% XP.

You also get 1% when a hero reaches level 30 and 3% when they reach 50. This will then get replaced by the relevant amount once they reach 60.

Ah, nice. Thanks for explaining that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so hows Sue? Im amost done with DS2, should be back in this full time at least around when Psylocke comes out

Has moves from Cyclops (bouncing sphere basic), Iron Man (bubble ordinance drop), and Ms. Marvel (ground pound) that I'm using on her. If she had a Bodyslide-like teleport, she'd be the perfect character for me.

Top Bottom