• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

It doesn't need to be 50%, but certainly more than 4 out of 25.

IMO every Marvel game needs to have at least 30% to 40% of the roster be female. (for Marvel games that pull from entire universe)

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here. I love a lot of Marvel's female characters - some of my favorite characters of all time are even fairly obscure ones (like Moondragon and Monica Rambeau), but I think exposure for whatever Marvel has planned, as well as acknowledging popularity is more important to a video game that draws from the entire Marvel roster. It's a product that is trying to sell, so appeasing to the broadest amount of fans is important.

Like, a game with Hulk, Iron Man, Wolverine and Spider-Man will certainly appeal to more of the super hero-interested audience than a game with Hulk, Spider-Man, Ms. Marvel and Storm.

J-Tier

I'd like Nico Minoru. She's kinda bland at points, but I just want a Runaway representative in MH, and she'd have the most spectacular moveset.

I'd personally want them to add more villains to even it out. I'd like at least 30-40% villains.

I'd like to see Viper, Mysterio (he's minor, but I can't help but think he's the coolest fishbowl ever), Green Goblin, Annihilus, Dracula, Ultron, Doctor Octopus, Enchantress, and others besides the already coming Doctor Doom, Magneto and Juggernaut.

LuuKyK

I really have no idea what they are going to do with Juggernaut. He is like the worlds lamest character. How will they even make him different than Hulk and Thing (who are already very similar)?

J-Tier

I really have no idea what they are going to do with Juggernaut. He is like the worlds lamest character. How will they even make him different than Hulk and Thing (who are already very similar)?

I'd imagine he would be boring. I'd like to be proven wrong, but there's only so much you could do with another "super strength" character. (Despite that, I think She-Hulk should be playable because she deserves it, but idk about Juggs).

Heavy emphasis on movement powers along with momentum as a secondary resource. There will definitely be redundancy (especially with how Gaz designs heroes), but they can carve out a special gameplay flow if they try.

grabbed the capt marvel costume for carol and got Punisher Marvel NOW.

How's punisher currently? If he's bad, is he getting his rework anytime soon?

LuuKyK

Where the hell is Maylocke?

They usually release heroes on the last week of the month.
sobbing.gif
sobbing.gif
sobbing.gif
sobbing.gif
sobbing.gif

But they put the new heroes on the test center a week or so before the official launch, so Maylocke should start around May 20th. I hope.

What really matters is that she is coming.

psylocke-snes-walk.gif

Heavy emphasis on movement powers along with momentum as a secondary resource. There will definitely be redundancy (especially with how Gaz designs heroes), but they can carve out a special gameplay flow if they try.

Really can't blame Gaz, theres only so much you can do in this type of game, and adding new heroes each month, i'ts going to be a tough act to keep them unique. Also there is tons of redundancy in comic books when it comes to hero/villain powers.

Fantomex

Hi guys, just started playing. I was trying to figure out if there's a way to just purchase costumes for characters i already own? Can't seem to find it on the store page.

Purchase them in the store in the game. Hit X when in the client. You can also purchase in-game currency with the green button in the upper right corner of the store window.

LuuKyK

Hi guys, just started playing. I was trying to figure out if there's a way to just purchase costumes for characters i already own? Can't seem to find it on the store page.

Well, there is a costumes tab on the store (press X in-game). You can select a hero and see/buy whatever costumes you like there.

Edit: Beaten.

grabbed the capt marvel costume for carol and got Punisher Marvel NOW.

How's punisher currently? If he's bad, is he getting his rework anytime soon?

He's my main and I love him. Durable, mobile, and packs a punch.

Having said that, under his current design he's extremely straight forward. Probably the least complicated character in the game. If you want depth, wait for his review.

I've temporarily shelved him for Doctor Strange and the difference is insane. Strange is squishy, but such an active play style is a breath of fresh air. I had to modify the settings to access my second hotbar with my shift key just to fit all his powers into my rotation. I'm regularly using twelve abilities, unlike the four I use on Frank. So good.

Finaika

They usually release heroes on the last week of the month.
sobbing.gif
sobbing.gif
sobbing.gif
sobbing.gif
sobbing.gif

But they put the new heroes on the test center a week or so before the official launch, so Maylocke should start around May 20th. I hope.

What really matters is that she is coming.

psylocke-snes-walk.gif

Awesome.

136550396038.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Now I want MvC2 HD o_O where is that sprite from?

Xevren

Thanks! Only been playing the game a couple of weeks after ignoring all of the alpha/beta invites. It's pretty fun now though. Looking forward to Star Lord.

Me too, hopefully we'll get more of the Guardians as playable characters. Have a feeling if anything we'll get some team ups when the movie gets closer.

Wallach

Can someone help me out with a run down of Taskmaster. I'm thinking about buying him to see out the BOGO deal.

He's basically a melee/ranged hybrid, with moves from Hawkeye, Captain America, Spider-Man and Daredevil. You can play him strictly as melee or ranged if you want, but I think he's most effectively leveraged as a hybrid as his ranged has better area tools, while his best single target DPS *by a wide margin) comes from a melee spender. Very solid all around; he became my favorite hero very quickly.

I've been doing multiple prestiges on him since I picked him up, which was the day the event started. A lot of it was on stream, so if you want to look through the past recordings on my channel you can see some gameplay at various levels: http://www.twitch.tv/glockner

There's a highlight I clipped out there with him, where right after I finished my second prestige I put my 60 gear on and ran a quick Kurse cosmic terminal if you just want to see him in endgame content.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Can someone help me out with a run down of Taskmaster. I'm thinking about buying him to see out the BOGO deal.

He' my favorite of the 450g/200 splinter chars for sure. Definitely a good choice to BOGO (Is it still going?I thought yesterday was the last day.)

Most builds have dismember and rebounding shield as the bread and butter single target/multi-target abilities, but the tear gas is also very effective. I haven't played him with any signifcant focus on ranged abilities, but I still use the Hawkeye stance because dat bleed.

He's basically a melee/ranged hybrid, with moves from Hawkeye, Captain America, Spider-Man and Daredevil. You can play him strictly as melee or ranged if you want, but I think he's most effectively leveraged as a hybrid as his ranged has better area tools, while his best single target DPS *by a wide margin) comes from a melee spender. Very solid all around; he became my favorite hero very quickly.

I've been doing multiple prestiges on him since I picked him up, which was the day the event started. A lot of it was on stream, so if you want to look through the past recordings on my channel you can see some gameplay at various levels: http://www.twitch.tv/glockner

There's a highlight I clipped out there with him, where right after I finished my second prestige I put my 60 gear on and ran a quick Kurse cosmic terminal if you just want to see him in endgame content.

Thanks! This was exactly what I wanted. You gave me enough confidence to buy Taskmaster. Unfortunately, the random hero box that came with him was also Taskmaster. :S Not having the best luck with the RNG. Before this box, I received four Cyclops' in a row, not including the Cyclops bundle I purchased via the web-store.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Thanks! This was exactly what I wanted. You gave me enough confidence to buy Taskmaster. Unfortunately, the random hero box that came with him was also Taskmaster. :S Not having the best luck with the RNG. Before this box, I received four Cyclops' in a row, not including the Cyclops bundle I purchased via the web-store.

Yeah man that random box RNG can be a real shitter I'm going to save up enough splinters for 3 random boxes instead just blowing them as soon as I get 175, because that way I'm at least much more likely to not end up totally disappointed. Or I'll get 3 more fucking spidermans at once, who knows.

KePoW

Banned

Wow jeez...

Anoregon

I leveled Deadpool a bit last night, probably my favorite of the pre-review characters I've played. It is quite satisfying to drop stinkbomb+gougers and just slice dudes up. The voicework was certainly not half-assed, either.

Also I just saw this and it made me laugh

celebrities_leonardo_dicaprio_strolling.jpg
250px-Wade_Wilson_%28Earth-616%29_from_X-Men_Battle_of_the_Atom_Vol_1_1_cover.jpg

Xetherion

I leveled Deadpool a bit last night, probably my favorite of the pre-review characters I've played. It is quite satisfying to drop stinkbomb+gougers and just slice dudes up.

Wow, really? I just got him to level 33 or so the last couple days and he is my least favorite of the pre-reviews I've played so far. I hate that he has no melee aoe powers, and I dislike all the aoe powers he does have. His bombs take far too long to reach their target and go off, and gougers are always centered on him. Shoot All the Bullets might be alright, but the vfx on it are really bad, plus I want to play melee anyway. I really wish he had some kind of spinning aoe melee power. I liked Cyke and Storm way more than I like Deadpool. I think I'm going to shelve him until his review.

I'm 6 levels away from my second 60 with Human Torch.

Bought a splinter random hero box and got Cable! 2 for 2 so far with him and Loki. I'm going to keep doing random until it lets me down.

Also got tempted and broke down with the b1g1 free offer. I bought Dr. Strange, Iron Man, and Taskmaster. Received Squirrel Girl, Hulk, and Black Widow (duplicate). Bleh.

I wasnt really paying attention to the latest event, and I didnt realize you could trade in those blue Easter eggs for random items.
I managed to unload about 60 blue Easter eggs for random boxes just in the last half hour, but I still have another 60 unused, sitting in my inventory.
Oh well, I got a nice yellow chest from one of those random gifts and it had 25 Odin Marks in it :)

KePoW

Banned
Wow, really? I just got him to level 33 or so the last couple days and he is my least favorite of the pre-reviews I've played so far. I hate that he has no melee aoe powers, and I dislike all the aoe powers he does have. His bombs take far too long to reach their target and go off, and gougers are always centered on him. Shoot All the Bullets might be alright, but the vfx on it are really bad, plus I want to play melee anyway. I really wish he had some kind of spinning aoe melee power. I liked Cyke and Storm way more than I like Deadpool. I think I'm going to shelve him until his review.

I like Deadpool a lot, but it depends how you want to play him. Gougers and SAtB is enough for my AoE needs.

Xevren

I wasnt really paying attention to the latest event, and I didnt realize you could trade in those blue Easter eggs for random items.
I managed to unload about 60 blue Easter eggs for random boxes just in the last half hour, but I still have another 60 unused, sitting in my inventory.
Oh well, I got a nice yellow chest from one of those random gifts and it had 25 Odin Marks in it :)

I have picked up so many odin marks just because of the mysterious eggs. I got 2 50 mark chests yesterday, so good!

LuuKyK

And the awesome week comes to an end. Oh well. It was certainly useful. I think the events earned my around 70 Eternity Splinters from those daily boxes that had a chance to come with 10 inside, so thats good.

Anoregon

And the awesome week comes to an end. Oh well. It was certainly useful. I think the events earned my around 70 Eternity Splinters from those daily boxes that had a chance to come with 10 inside, so thats good.

I don't know If I got quite that many, but definitely a helpful chunk. I'm kind of bummed to have to be transitioning to the normal game, since other than a brief stint when the game launched, I essentially started playing last week.

My spidey is 38, gonna get him to at least 52 this weekend to use the two ult tokens taking up space in my stash. I also want to get Deadpool to 50 for the SIF synergy. I also want to level Rocket a bit more, as he got much more fun as soon as groot came into the picture. Then there's my remaining level 1 roster, which includes Moon Knight and Black Panther, both of whom seem pretty cool.

I made sure to use an infinite retcon one last time last night on taskmaster, so next time I hop on him I'll settle on a 60 spec and try some endgame stuff. I'll probably go with the spec that maxes dismember, rebounding shield, shield crash, nerve gas, and the hawkeye+cap stances. Since I have the river runeword, I don't need to max a basic anymore.

There is no event at all this weekend. I think I'm going through withdrawal.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/89136/marvel-heroes-2-44-patch-notes

But also there's this, at least:

The Rune Week bonuses are still active and we have another special event coming next week and every week until the end of time!

Fantomex

So let me ask you guys. So far I have Storm, Cap and Hulk. Hulk seems extremely boring so far. Cap is ok I guess. Storm is pretty cool. In WOW i played a Warlock because it was just so engaging. I could dps, dot dps, beat you down with my pet etc. It was just the "fun" class. Does this game have a character that would classify as the fun/swiss army knife type? I've heard good things about Loki and Mrs. Marvel.

Blank!

I love deadpool, my only complaint is really the slow speed of his grenade powers. But his kit is extremely solid and his uniques are pretty damn good too. There's some pretty crazy synergy between stink bomb/foot gougers/big ol' stab and the Idol on Khonshu/Guns with No Name/Katana of Gratuitous Violence. That rotation basically procs one thing or the other so that as long as they're all ticking, you're getting ALL the bonus damage to nearly everything you do.

Throw in the lowest (?) cooldown self-revival with an amazing side effect, a 0 cooldown teleport, a taunt that actually works (and not directed to you), and one of the few %-based heals in the game on top of natural regen with good dodge/defense and crit/crit damage passives... I honestly expect his rework to change almost nothing about him and just add a ranged spirit spender.

Xevren

So let me ask you guys. So far I have Storm, Cap and Hulk. Hulk seems extremely boring so far. Cap is ok I guess. Storm is pretty cool. In WOW i played a Warlock because it was just so engaging. I could dps, dot dps, beat you down with my pet etc. It was just the "fun" class. Does this game have a character that would classify as the fun/swiss army knife type? I've heard good things about Loki and Mrs. Marvel.

Loki and Ms Marvel are good, I'd say look into Dr Strange as well. He has a lot of utility. Also Scarlet Witch.

Moondrop

Banned
Daredevil is infinitely better since his rework. I'm doing a combo build, and while it's a little silly to have these stricter combo rotations, it's a refreshing change to the single target spirit dump. He's like Cap except you trade survivability for more dps.

Black Widow to me is the fun Swiss Army character- highly mobile, combines burst DPS and DoTs, flashy gadget attacks. There are a lot of Loki enthusiasts here, but personally I wouldn't say he meets this definition at all.

LuuKyK

Those two are pretty good characters.

I would suggest Black Widow and Scarlet Witch basing on what you said you like.

KePoW

Banned

I got nothing for you, because we basically think the exact opposite haha.

Warlock was by far the most boring WoW class to me for pretty much the entire run of the game.

And I love Hulk in MH.

KePoW

Banned
Throw in the lowest (?) cooldown self-revival with an amazing side effect, a 0 cooldown teleport, a taunt that actually works (and not directed to you), and one of the few %-based heals in the game on top of natural regen with good dodge/defense and crit/crit damage passives... I honestly expect his rework to change almost nothing about him and just add a ranged spirit spender.

I agree with this, I think Deadpool is fine currently.

Fantomex

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys. I'm gonna try blak widow since I actually own her and then go to scarlet witch. See you guys online. I also have Taskmaster. I should probably concentrate on getting one character leveled all the way first though.

Top Bottom