• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
will raids work like xdef and shit, you auto get grouped, or do we have to organize groups for them?

It's hard to say. Generally I'd assume they are for organized groups, but MH in general is very auto-group friendly so maybe not.

Vecks

Also on a whim I did an ebay search for marvel heroes and someone was selling a few 2600g cards for $12. Booyah.

Edit: Just a small update, the code to enter for the G was delivered quickly and worked, he had 7 left ont he ebay listing so if anyone is looking to jump on it, I can confirm it is legit.

That is an amazing deal. I guess I'll grab one.

I bought one of those cheap codes a while ago, was pretty awesome. Just a heads up for people though, you can only activate one on your account, so don't buy more than one code.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
That is an amazing deal. I guess I'll grab one.

I occasionally did the same thing with Dungeons and Dragons online. Sometimes people would have codes for less than half the price of the in-game store, I'm assuming generally after getting them free from promotions. Or, you know, the backs of trucks.

I now have 3200g sitting in my account for the inevitable madness that will come with next month's event. If I haven't random'd Ghost Rider by then I'll probably just shell out the 1350 and feel not so bad about it as those 1350 cost me like $6.50.

Anoregon

I'm still waiting for playable Galactus.

Anoregon

Man I really hope the official forum speculation of Doom being a surprise playable hero with the 1-year event is true. I want to rule Latveria.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man I really hope the official forum speculation of Doom being a surprise playable hero with the 1-year event is true. I want to rule Latveria.

Dunno about surprise hero but I'm 100% sure he will be in the 2015 advance pack at least

They better offer Doom with his 2099 costume.

doom2099peint1.jpg

Anoregon

Beta Ray Bill team-up confirmed for imminent release (prior to 1-year anniversey)

This makes me happy, as I am currently sans-team-up and he is the one I am most interested in.

Anoregon

I just realized I really want to play Loki. I'm still holding off on buying anything until next month's event, but I'll probably end up dumping 900g on him if I don't get him from randoms.

inky

Yep, I saw it. Probably her second best costume.
--

Oh guess what? Spidey Black costume team up is exclusive to FCs MK VI. That is why you can't change their appearance! Isn't that great?

Lord Phol

You guys saw the new Storm costume? :O

Looks amazing. And it has a loooong different hair too.

I like the concept and design but that hair looks like clay. Some more detailed texturing would fix that easily.

Oh guess what? Spidey Black costume team up is exclusive to FCs MK VI. That is why you can't change their appearance! Isn't that great?

As with most things FC this really doesn't bother me. Though a better solution would have been to give team-ups a costume slot and then make that a spiderman team-up costume instead of just another team-up.

Wallach

What's the next event?

There's a "Bounty Hunter" event this weekend, with a rotating schedule of terminal buffs tht drop some kind of event currency. Hopefully there will be live-tuning buffs for the duration so I can get some more leveling done.

Volimar

There's a "Bounty Hunter" event this weekend, with a rotating schedule of terminal buffs tht drop some kind of event currency. Hopefully there will be live-tuning buffs for the duration so I can get some more leveling done.

Sounds like enough to keep my attention. Thanks for the info.

Anoregon

Patch today, so bounty event should be live when the servers are up (I think)

The amount of the new terminal currency it takes to buy stuff is looks similar to odinmarks, ~300 for the big toys and less for other stuff.

Anoregon

Bounty week infos:

A mysterious thief has stolen research from A.R.M.O.R. (Alternate Reality Monitoring and Operational Response) and jumped through multiple alternate realities, dispersing Research Drives to super villains in each of them at a high price. Jocasta is on point for this mystery, and is sending heroes to various alternate realities to collect those Research Drives in exchange for various rewards. Heroes will receive a notice via Jocasta every 3 hours as to what super villains have been discovered to be holding Research Drives.

What does this mean for me?

Starting Friday afternoon, Pacific time, every three hours, two terminals will contain buffed loot and the super villain will drop A.R.M.O.R. Research Drives! We'll posting a schedule on our website and forums.

Each difficulty of terminals give a different number of A.R.M.O.R. Research Drives! Cosmic Terminals give 3, Red Terminals give 2, and Green Terminals give 1.

Turn in your A.R.M.O.R. Research Drives for special items including new uniques, a new artifact, Ghost Boxes, and Costume Cores!

Will there be any login gifts?

Yes! On Saturday, we're giving a very special Bounty Box to anybody who logs in. If you were a fan of the Easter Basket, you might want to check this out...

On Sunday, we'll be honoring Mother's Day with a gift as well!

inky

Looking forward to the event.

As with most things FC this really doesn't bother me. Though a better solution would have been to give team-ups a costume slot and then make that a spiderman team-up costume instead of just another team-up.

Obviously what I'm getting at. It's not that it is in the FC as an exclusive, it is that TU are overpriced as is (very disappointing for what they do imo), so alternate looks are going to be at least the same price. Hardly worth the splinters or Gs right now. Spidey is even less worthy when his default look is terrible and his good look is behind a lottery system.

Lord Phol

Obviously what I'm getting at. It's not that it is in the FC as an exclusive, it is that TU are overpriced as is (very disappointing for what they do imo), so alternate looks are going to be at least the same price. Hardly worth the splinters or Gs right now. Spidey is even less worthy when his default look is terrible and his good look is behind a lottery system.

Well you don't have to buy them if you don't like what they are offering, vote with your wallet and all that. It's mostly cosmetics anyways. I've bought like 5 cards or so total, rest are from drops, events or through my advance pack.

I'm still on the edge on the team-up advance pack, honestly I don't use them all that much. It's nice to see certain combinations of heroes duoing it up though.

Edit:
Not a bad haul, usually have horrible luck with these :p.

Anoregon

I'm gonna end up buying Beta Ray Bill just because I need to have at least one team-up and I always thought he was a silly, fun dude. Unless of course they do end up giving everyone like a free Coulson next month with the birthday event.

Edit: Grats on the team-up and colossus suit!

inky

Well you don't have to buy them if you don't like what they are offering, vote with your wallet and all that.

That's what I'm doing. I think I've shown many times that I'm willing to buy what I think is worth it and skip what I think is not.

Can't I express my opinion on top of that?

Lord Phol

That's what I'm doing. I think I've shown many times that I'm willing to buy what I think is worth it and skip what I think is not.

Can't I express my opinion on top of that?

Yeah sure express away, I'm doing the same thing. It just isn't bothering me, so I really don't care for an argument or whatever :p.

I'm gonna end up buying Beta Ray Bill just because I need to have at least one team-up and I always thought he was a silly, fun dude. Unless of course they do end up giving everyone like a free Coulson next month with the birthday event.

Edit: Grats on the team-up and colossus suit!

Hah I could actually see something like that happening! They gotta have something good in store for the anniversary anyways.
Thanks! :). Think I'm gonna buy Colossus next because of the costume, just bought Loki because I crafted a Lady Loki costume. Will be a while though, for some reason my splinter collection rate is horrible compared to everyone elses (or so it feels).

Anoregon

My splinter rates been good past 2 days. I got 30 last night.

My favorite loki costume is his default/movie look, so I actually would be kind of irritated if I crafted a lady loki, because I would much rather have a slew of other ehanced suits.
WHICH LEADS ME TO MY NEXT TOPIC -

Seriously when the fuck am I going to see my first unstable molecule drop??

Lord Phol

So it just bothers you that it bothers me because it doesn't bother you?

Not quite sure how you came to that conclusion :s. No I'm not bothered at all, I just really don't care either way. If I could I would have given you the spiderman team-up. I don't think I'm the right person to have this argument with or whatever it is :p, you could take it up on the forum where I've noticed there are others that feel like you do.

inky

Well, you cared enough to comment. If you don't want to have it, fair enough, but I want to post it here and not somewhere else.

Lord Phol

Yeah I kind of didn't expect you to get all serious and riled up, nor am I implying you can't comment here either, go nuts man. Just trying to make the bad vibes dissapear but I've never been much for diplomacy :eek:. Anyways sorry if I upset or insulted you. Some people take things more seriously than others, no need for me to be insensitive. If Gaz fucks up Nova I'll probably go batshit insane on every forum there is.

On a different note these events are starting to take their toll on me x.x. So much to farm and do and I got other games to play damn you gaz! I gotta take Nightcrawler through two prestige levels too before Raids are here! (or else I will be the laughing stock of my guild, not really, or will I?)

Anoregon

So far the only none-common item I've got from a fortune card is a matrix of unbinding. I need to get in the habit of daily green/red terminal clears just for fortune cards because I want dinosaur.

Top Bottom