• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

LuuKyK

Good lord, I think I've got 5 uniques to drop in 4 boss fights in Midtown just now. The loot there is amazing atm. AND I finally hit 60 with Emma. Feels awesome to finally finish that. Emma is not bad, but she only gets really good 40 onward.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just about ready to finish Dark Souls 2, just in time too because ive been getting the MH itch again lately

DrBo42

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys. I'm gonna try blak widow since I actually own her and then go to scarlet witch. See you guys online. I also have Taskmaster. I should probably concentrate on getting one character leveled all the way first though.

Worth it for the XP bonus.

Xevren

Doomsaw posted an image for Psylocke, figured LuuKyK would at least want to see it.

nhdov5r.jpg

Also, daily missions.

inky

What resolution is that? Do they have like an internal contest on who can get the shittiest screenshot of the game out?

LuuKyK

What resolution is that? Do they have like an internal contest on who can get the shittiest screenshot of the game out?

Seriously. I am excited for Psylocke, but even I can't deny that looks out of a PS2 game. lol And why is her hair not purple? Why does every character has the same hair? I hope thats not her final model to be honest.

Seriously. I am excited for Psylocke, but even I can't deny that looks out of a PS2 game. lol And why is her hair not purple? Why does every character has the same hair? I hope thats not her final model to be honest.

That's just her npc model. TheDink's hasn't been approved yet. Maybe tomorrow.

LuuKyK

That's just her npc model. TheDink's hasn't been approved yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Whew, thank God for that.

I kinda expected though, because they said that as soon as her model was approved they would give her a sub-forum, and if they showed her in-game she would probably have a sub forum already, so yeah, seems like its not final really.

LuuKyK

Hey I haven't played MH since about August 2013, have there been any significant changes since then?

Its, like, a completely different game. LOTS of things added (not only new heroes, but modes, items, systems, etc), old heroes are being revised constantly, player feedback based balancing going on weekly, great dev support. I recommend you trying it again because its certainly a much better game.

So I just beat the story with a lvl 30 Wolverine....what do I do now? I tried doing the PvP and it took forever to join, so I did one of the green terminals. What else can you do after the story mode?

badbrains

Its, like, a completely different game. LOTS of things added (not only new heroes, but modes, items, systems, etc), old heroes are being revised constantly, player feedback based balancing going on weekly, great dev support. I recommend you trying it again because its certainly a much better game.

Sounds great, maybe I should brush the dust off the ol' Hulk. Got him to level 60 fairly quickly but back then there were limited options as to what to do for the end game and many of my friends stopped playing but I never forgot about it. What new modes have they added?

LuuKyK

So I just beat the story with a lvl 30 Wolverine....what do I do now? I tried doing the PvP and it took forever to join, so I did one of the green terminals. What else can you do after the story mode?

X-Defense is great for both exp and loot. And its a lot fun too. So you can go there to level up your character to 60, farm for uniques, artifacts, relics, credits, eternity splinters (to unlock new heroes), etc... Holo-Sim is like a harder version of X-Def (only two players and harder missions - but also great loot/farming possibilities). There is also Legendary Quests for a great amount of exp, and Midtown Manhattan, but I find these two boring to be honest. LQ are only really useful in the last stretch of leveling up, like the last 5 levels until 60. PvP is pretty bad still, its in beta and not a lot of people are invested in it.

Sounds great, maybe I should brush the dust off the ol' Hulk. Got him to level 60 fairly quickly but back then there were limited options as to what to do for the end game and many of my friends stopped playing but I never forgot about it. What new modes have they added?

Look at my answer above, I think that covers about everything they added, modes wise. They are going to add a new infinity system and omega system that will add even more depth to character developing/customization and daily quests, but I don't really remember when they will actually release that. Probably next month.

LuuKyK

I honestly think this trend of revealing things in a bad, uhm, fashion, is intentional. So that when people actually see these new additions for themselves they think there were improvements. Its the only explanation.

AGH WHY AREN'T YOU IN MY ROSTER YET BETSY!?!?

Man I am pretty hyped for Psylocke but also really worried. I picked up Invisible Woman with splinters and I have to say I am disappointed in the lack of imagination with her powers. It is especially surprisingly after having Tasky and Dr. Strange both of which were done so well for their types of characters.

I only just hit 40 with her but it feels like there is just too much focus on shoehorning offensive options into her skill trees. The lack of CC options with her just makes me a little sad. I mean some of her most common moves in the comics are trapping people in forcefields or using forcefield walls to block people/objects. And the closest thing we get is a tiny column that can barely block the smallest alleyway in Midtown.

She doesn't seem like a bad character by any means, but the lack of imagination with her skills just bothers me.

So I am hoping they were so busy coming up with amazing skills for everyone's favorite Psychic Ninja of Indeterminable Ethnicity that Sue Storm got the short end of the deal.

Then again her ideal skillset should be fairly straight forward when compared to IW.
Here is hoping for a Psychic Bow!

I really hope her melee basics are Psychic Dagger (single target + DMG to elites) and Psychic Katana (Area slashes)

So what is everyone hoping for as her alternate costume?

I am hoping for her second X-Men costume from her first incarnation.
PSYLOCKE_costume_2_050811.jpg

Lady Mandarin would also be amazing but I could see that coming later.
LADY_MANDARIN_050811.jpg

Her newest costume from the All New X-Men is the most likely one though.
Psylocke-X-Men-1.jpg

Depending on the costume this might be the first time pick up the pre-sale pack as she has always been a personal favorite of mine. With her addition MH will actually have a large majority of my favorite characters (Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Spidey, and Cable)
Just gimme Surge and/or Darkhawk in 2015 and I will be happy GAZ!

Lord Phol

Psylocke-X-Men-1.jpg

Hopeing for this one myself! Though not sure if I'll use it over the default one, hard to give up that amount of skin xD. With her and the the Wolverine rework comin up, it's gonna be a sweet month for MH gaming.

Also managed to farm myself a Mental Focus Headband from Modok (100-200 runs). Don't think I'll be doing that again >>. Now to prestige my first hero; Nigthcrawler and try out Loki.

Wolverine won't have spirit! :O
http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/88483/wolverine-won-t-have-spirit-said-doomsaw/p1

KePoW

Banned
So what is everyone hoping for as her alternate costume?

I am hoping for her second X-Men costume from her first incarnation.

Lady Mandarin would also be amazing but I could see that coming later.

Out of those three, definitely All New X-Men.

I don't like the first two at all, but I typically don't like the look of old outdated costumes.

Out of those three, definitely All New X-Men.

I don't like the first two at all, but I typically don't like the look of old outdated costumes.

Yeah I admit I kind of enjoy them because of their horribleness.
It's the same reason I run around as Cyclops in his yellow underwear and booties costume(classic). XD

I definitely think the All New X-Men one is the best design.
Having armor and a cape would be more of a change which is why I kinda want one of the old costumes. Even if their designs aren't as nice.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Psylocke is pretty cool. Since I'm planning on saving enough splinters to buy 2-3 random boxes at once anyway, I guess I'll just blow what I have when she comes out and maybe get her.

I got Spiderman to 60 last night, so I'm rocking that 50% xp boost for everyone. I'm still less interested in actual endgame then leveling, but that will probably change by the time I get another char or two to 60. I tried out Moon Knight for a bit last night, got him to 6, and really enjoyed him. Similar to DD but I find him a bit cooler, even if his cape physics are just ridiculous. I've still never looted any of the rarer special items like unstable molecules or retcons and it's eating at me. I don't even need the retcons, but just knowing that they do drop and I haven't seen any is bothersome, and I'm almost at level 19 crafter and I have costumes to junk.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
saw this on the marvel forums

Gazillion Chief Executive Dave Brevik said the company had $11 million in 2013 revenue and he expects $25 million this year based on the number of daily active users and the number of players converting from free to paying customers.

He said "Marvel Heroes" has three million registered users, and the game has doubled the number of daily active users and its monthly revenue during the past five months. The conversion from free to paid users is also strong, with roughly 14% of total users now paying for special characters, time savers and other items to make the games more enjoyable. The ARPPU, or average revenue per paying user, is more than $50 a month, Mr. Brevik said.

Roughly 85% of Gazillion's revenue comes from "Marvel Heroes," and the company's recent valuation reflects the promise of the game, Mr. Brevik said.

a poster was saying he couldnt believe someone could spend that much so i decided to post my spend since janurary 10th 2014

the total sum was £444

Betsy will probably be a day 1 buy for me.

I'm playing Strange and Taskmaster at the moment. My first three characters were ranged (Cyke, Torch, Iron Man) and I want to play Taskmaster for a change of pace, but I just enjoy the glass cannon characters a lot more. I tried Ms. Marvel before these two and my love of the character couldn't get me past how dull she is. I can't find a build to make her fun. Strange seems pretty great even if he dies at the faintest breeze. It's just so rewarding putting down all of those aoe dots. There seem to be a few ways to build him though and his trees are a little overwhelming compared to the other characters I've played.

Anyone have any tips to reduce stuttering? Even putting everything at the minimum levels I get it. I don't have the newest PC but I typically play other PC games just fine at med or high settings.

Xetherion

I love deadpool, my only complaint is really the slow speed of his grenade powers. But his kit is extremely solid and his uniques are pretty damn good too. There's some pretty crazy synergy between stink bomb/foot gougers/big ol' stab and the Idol on Khonshu/Guns with No Name/Katana of Gratuitous Violence. That rotation basically procs one thing or the other so that as long as they're all ticking, you're getting ALL the bonus damage to nearly everything you do.

Throw in the lowest (?) cooldown self-revival with an amazing side effect, a 0 cooldown teleport, a taunt that actually works (and not directed to you), and one of the few %-based heals in the game on top of natural regen with good dodge/defense and crit/crit damage passives... I honestly expect his rework to change almost nothing about him and just add a ranged spirit spender.

Having specific item synergies doesn't make a hero good to me. Especially not when it involves powers I don't like having to use, stink bomb and gougers, because stink bomb has way too much travel time and gougers can't be aimed.

I do like all the things you mentioned in the second paragraph, though I don't see the taunt working all that well (I might be spoiled by Black Widow's new Timed Explosives though). He already has a ranged spirit spender with SATB so I don't see why they would add that. Really all I want is his bombs' travel speed increased, the ability to throw Foot Gougers, and Slice & Dice reworked as a spinning attack with either a bigger AOE or the ability to move around while using it.

Moondrop

Banned
Usually not a super fan of old costumes either (though there are of course exceptions). Found some neat ones over at the forums:
Yeah I admit I kind of enjoy them because of their horribleness.
It's the same reason I run around as Cyclops in his yellow underwear and booties costume(classic). XD
How dare you?!? Boots and underwear Cyclops is the greatest Cyclops. Seriously, I think his new costumes are a joke. One doesn't even have a visor or eye-holes or anything.

In fact I will take the classic costume virtually every time. Fortunately many defaults are classic (Cap, Daredevil, Hawkeye). Wolverine and Storm's default costumes are sufficiently close to their iconic looks. I also rock:
Marvel Girl
Classic Nightcrawler
Classic Colossus

Exceptions:
Betsy (Tricky, in that her original costume and body are inconsistent with her current powers)
Professor X (Gold hover-chair 4tw)
Kitty Pryde (Which is truly her iconic look?)

KePoW

Banned
How dare you?!? Boots and underwear Cyclops is the greatest Cyclops. Seriously, I think his new costumes are a joke. One doesn't even have a visor or eye-holes or anything.

In fact I will take the classic costume virtually every time. Fortunately many defaults are classic (Cap, Daredevil, Hawkeye). Wolverine and Storm's default costumes are sufficiently close to their iconic looks. I also rock:
Marvel Girl
Classic Nightcrawler
Classic Colossus

Exceptions:
Betsy (Tricky, in that her original costume and body are inconsistent with her current powers)

Classic costumes suck =P

Get with modern times broski!!

Moondrop

Banned
Classic costumes suck =P

Get with modern times broski!!

Seriously though, at my age, I have to leave the comics frozen in time for myself at the point at which I read them.

I caught up with some more modern stuff when I was in college (Kitty Pryde and I were attending the same school). And I read some great stuff at the time, particularly New X-men and X-statix, but I knew I couldn't keep it up indefinitely. The only comics I've bought in the past decade have been the black and white "Essential" reprints.

Marvel Girl
Classic Nightcrawler
Classic Colossus

Exceptions:

Yeah part of the reason I like the classic looks is because I feel that era of comics is still the best era of Marvel. Although I like a LOT about the Jim Lee era 90s X-Men the story telling started really going off the deep end in that era and not in a good way.

I am probably in the minority here though. ;p

GManDH

Hawkeye is boring as hell. Got him in the free random code, and he's blah. I even enjoy Cap more than Hawkeye.

yea he was my ordinary character and i cant go back and get all the uniques and really 100% him. its like a chore, the only non fun character ive had so far.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i will buy the yearly pack every year and the other heroes ill acquire with splinters, over time that is.

Same for me. Any surprise hero I'll get with splinters and then I'll buy the 2015 advance pack, assuming they make one (which I'm sure they will)

Rhaknar

I thought this was about MH Nova being confirmed to be Rider again, not about comics... who cares about comics! :p

Lord Phol

The reason they haven't released Nova yet is because they've been waiting for Richards return in comics, so this is pretty much a confirmation for a Nova release in July/August :D. Also what the hell man! Sam lovers and comic haters all over this place, what kind of intergalatic hell have I stumbled upon here! D:

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
First raid and Omega system patch confirmed for first week of June via Doomsaw (or ryolnir ,one of thems.). Sweeet business.

Also on a whim I did an ebay search for marvel heroes and someone was selling a few 2600g cards for $12. Booyah.

Edit: Just a small update, the code to enter for the G was delivered quickly and worked, he had 7 left ont he ebay listing so if anyone is looking to jump on it, I can confirm it is legit.

Rhaknar

First raid and Omega system patch confirmed for first week of June via Doomsaw (or ryolnir ,one of thems.). Sweeet business.

Also on a whim I did an ebay search for marvel heroes and someone was selling a few 2600g cards for $12. Booyah.

Edit: Just a small update, the code to enter for the G was delivered quickly and worked, he had 7 left ont he ebay listing so if anyone is looking to jump on it, I can confirm it is legit.

will raids work like xdef and shit, you auto get grouped, or do we have to organize groups for them?

Top Bottom