• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Scirrocco

Have JG or SW even had kids before? Like real ones, not from the future or robot ones

Cable as born in the main universe, just then sent to the future. Eandas kids are real again after not being real for the while. They were a big part of the young avengers.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So I'm rushing through normal dif on deadpool for power points/recon, and the first time you talk to xavier he goes "Wow, I can't believe you guys got jean luc picard to be in your game!"

That shit made me laugh. It wouldn't be nearly as funny if it actually was patrick stewart.

LuuKyK

Yeah, some things these characters say in-game are pretty funny. I can't really understand this one thing Emma keeps saying... I know it ends with "... I will stick to protecting (?) avenue." Something like that.

Yeah, some things these characters say in-game are pretty funny. I can't really understand this one thing Emma keeps saying... I know it ends with "... I will stick to protecting (?) avenue." Something like that.

I believe that is the line she says to Daredevil.
"You can have Hell's Kitchen. I will stick to protecting Fifth Avenue."

or something along those lines.

Vecks

I'm pretty sure she's saying Saks Fifth Avenue. The department store.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Playing deadpool is doubly funny since I've been playing nightcrawler the past few days. NC is all sincere and kind with his dialogue, and deadpool is just a belligerent mess.

LuuKyK

Oh its the Saks part I didn't understand. lol So thats what it means! I kept thinking what the hell is she saying before Fifth Avenue... Thanks guys.

Another one I like from her: "People call you a goddess? They must have low standards where you come from." lol I think she says that to Storm.

Also, any clue what this is:

pjHCBAa.png

It was datamined in the last test center. I am guessing those will be those hexes that will take part in the Omega System.

GManDH

Oh its the Saks part I didn't understand. lol So thats what it means! I kept thinking what the hell is she saying before Fifth Avenue... Thanks guys.

Another one I like from her: "People call you a goddess? They must have low standards where you come from." lol I think she says that to Storm.

Also, any clue what this is:

It was datamined in the last test center. I am guessing those will be those hexes that will take part in the Omega System.

YEP!!!! remember, SHIELD has taken part in every kind of research possible. as doomsaw said.

Moondrop

Banned
Have JG or SW even had kids before? Like real ones, not from the future or robot ones

Actually, there's a canon storyline in which Jean and Scott's minds go into the future and raise Cable as a baby for many years. So she kind of is his mother, but I guess that doesn't count.

EDIT: And I suppose you don't count that Rachel Summers is her daughter from an alternate timeline or whatever.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
eh so they completey pushed back thor and things reviews for others...

wolverine is this month

storm is now june and then jean, cyclops and rocket

When is Storm's review? June?

Hopefully June for Storm. VFX work for her may push her slightly later.

When can we expect Cyclops' review?

Jean and Cyclops are next on the list, with Rocket in there to get done before his big-time movie premier.

also ILOVEMOM for a sweet rush candy boost

Blank!

Kind of a bad event this week. None of the uniques are any good. Mechanical Arm looks to be the best, but is ultimately just a worse Dragonfang (sound familiar?). Portal helmet is straight up a bad cosmic unless you REALLY want health regen. And the Siege Artifact is blah unless you really enjoy red numbers.

Moondrop

Banned
A few notes:

I was reading one of Squirrel Girl's tooltips wrong and consequently running a gimped summoner build. She's now back to pre-rework beast levels. My problem remains being suddenly one-shot because you can't see through the chaos.

Why did no one tell me that Scarlet Witch can cancel boss ground-targeted AoEs e.g. Electro?

I just received SHIELD Meditech Support Boots with a quote from SHIELD Agent Jemma Simmons.
Team-ups incoming!

Xevren

A few notes:

I was reading one of Squirrel Girl's tooltips wrong and consequently running a gimped summoner build. She's now back to pre-rework beast levels. My problem remains being suddenly one-shot because you can't see through the chaos.

Why did no one tell me that Scarlet Witch can cancel boss ground-targeted AoEs e.g. Electro?

I just received SHIELD Meditech Support Boots with a quote from SHIELD Agent Jemma Simmons.
Team-ups incoming!

Scarlet has been able to do that since the game came out man!

Xevren

Kind of a bad event this week. None of the uniques are any good. Mechanical Arm looks to be the best, but is ultimately just a worse Dragonfang (sound familiar?). Portal helmet is straight up a bad cosmic unless you REALLY want health regen. And the Siege Artifact is blah unless you really enjoy red numbers.

I do agree that the new vendor uniques are pretty garbage but I was able to at least get a good number of arts/uniques, a bunch of the new ones that were added in the last patch so I'm happy. Think everything is just gonna feel lackluster after the Big 10 weekend though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Got fuck all from the advance pack cards, literally just boosts this time.

In fact, logging on today to check the cards and a million other things to open from the codes and whatnot bummed me out because I realized that, at least right now, I'm kinda done with the game. Tried playing both Tasky and Strange, the 2 characters I was playing when I stopped for ESO / Dark Souls 2 and it was doing nothing for me :/

I guess it's not that strange since I do have close to 700(!!) hours in it, but still bummed me out, and it's especially worrisome since I got both advance packs (heroes and team ups).

Meh, hopefully it will pass and the bug bites again. At least I'll have a bunch if new heroes to play when/if I get the itch again

Got fuck all from the advance pack cards, literally just boosts this time.

In fact, logging on today to check the cards and a million other things to open from the codes and whatnot bummed me out because I realized that, at least right now, I'm kinda done with the game. Tried playing both Tasky and Strange, the 2 characters I was playing when I stopped for ESO / Dark Souls 2 and it was doing nothing for me :/

I guess it's not that strange since I do have close to 700(!!) hours in it, but still bummed me out, and it's especially worrisome since I got both advance packs (heroes and team ups).

Meh, hopefully it will pass and the bug bites again. At least I'll have a bunch if new heroes to play when/if I get the itch again

It's the kind of game for me where I play it heavy for about a month or two and then cool off on it until I decide to go back. I don't really play any other ARPGs so whenever I get the itch to play that kind of game I just go back to Marvel.

LuuKyK

I don't even have time to play. t_t

I can't fucking deal with having to work, study and game. My gaming schedule is a mess during the week because obviously its not the priority (sadly, or not idk). My weekends are usually busy with maintaining my social life, erm, active. So yeah, I have no idea how some people find the time to play so much. I envy you guys. :(

But anyway, it works like that for me too. I usually get back to the game whenever I have nothing else to do (free time) and/or there is a character I really want to play with (hi Psylocke) or a huge event going on. Something like that.

Still, I am surprised I finally found an online game I see myself playing for such a long time. Every other one I tried (dota, lol, diablo, guild wars 2, tera) I had to quite after two months or so because I was bored. I guess the "new hero per month" thing is what keeps me coming back. The fact that there is something new every month for sure makes my interest never fade.

KePoW

Banned
MH is definitely not a game where you want to play for 12 months straight.

It's best if you play only when you feel like it, that's where it shines because it's so easy to get back into.

I don't even have time to play. t_t

I can't fucking deal with having to work, study and game. My gaming schedule is a mess during the week because obviously its not the priority (sadly, or not idk). My weekends are usually busy with maintaining my social life, erm, active. So yeah, I have no idea how some people find the time to play so much. I envy you guys. :(

But anyway, it works like that for me too. I usually get back to the game whenever I have nothing else to do (free time) and/or there is a character I really want to play with (hi Psylocke) or a huge event going on. Something like that.

Still, I am surprised I finally found an online game I see myself playing for such a long time. Every other one I tried (dota, lol, diablo, guild wars 2, tera) I had to quite after two months or so because I was bored. I guess the "new hero per month" thing is what keeps me coming back. The fact that there is something new every month for sure makes my interest never fade.

I totally sympathise. I have six assignments due over the next three weeks, following that, four weeks of placement, plus work and maintaining some kind of social life. I was lucky to be able to spend as much time as I did during the Big Ten week. I jump in and out of the game when I can. I have barely scratched the surface in terms of heroes, so I have a reason to come back.

Xevren

MH is definitely not a game where you want to play for 12 months straight.

It's best if you play only when you feel like it, that's where it shines because it's so easy to get back into.

Yeah definitely, I still try and at least do daily cube shard runs since I can do it quickly (deadpool unmasked costume from fortune cards today, woo!). Been playing MLB The Show on ps4 for the most part this week.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's just weird to me that I'm burned out on it (again, close to 700 hours makes that completely normal) while being away from it lol. Like, when I stopped playing it for ESO and then DS2, I wasn't really burned out, I was still playing everyday. Granted I wasn't really feeling doctor strange nor taskmaster when he came out of the blue, so maybe that was a sign, but now when I try to go back it just does nothing for me. Anyway, like you say, I probably just need to give it some months

Volimar

It's just weird to me that I'm burned out on it (again, close to 700 hours makes that completely normal) while being away from it lol. Like, when I stopped playing it for ESO and then DS2, I wasn't really burned out, I was still playing everyday. Granted I wasn't really feeling doctor strange nor taskmaster when he came out of the blue, so maybe that was a sign, but now when I try to go back it just does nothing for me. Anyway, like you say, I probably just need to give it some months

Wow, I completely forgot that I have ESO.

Weird, because I enjoy it when I play it.

J-Tier

So I have all these heroes at level 60...

Loki
Black Panther
Hawkeye
Invisible Woman
Dr. Strange
Emma Frost
Rocket Raccoon
Ghost Rider
Storm
Scarlet Witch
Spider-Man

and I have Iron Man at level 57.

I'm having some real trouble figuring out who I want to level next, any advice for a fun character? I started Wolverine...but as of now, he's pretty boring.

J-Tier

Do NOT play Wolverine right now, he's universally recognized as the most boring character by far.

Yeah, that was the word. I was thinking about doing him before the review so that I can have a fully leveled Wolvie and be able to mess with dif builds but...I just don't have the motivation now haha.

Volimar

Loki
Black Panther
Hawkeye
Invisible Woman
Dr. Strange
Emma Frost
Rocket Raccoon
Ghost Rider
Storm
Scarlet Witch
Spider-Man

I'm having some real trouble figuring out who I want to level next, any advice for a fun character? I started Wolverine...but as of now, he's pretty boring.

I'm having fun with Cap. I just like his shield bounce.

He needs a Xena costume.

Loki
Black Panther
Hawkeye
Invisible Woman
Dr. Strange
Emma Frost
Rocket Raccoon
Ghost Rider
Storm
Scarlet Witch
Spider-Man

Torch, Gambit, Cage, Ms. Marvel, Nightcrawler and Daredevil are all solid choices.

J-Tier

Torch, Gambit, Cage, Ms. Marvel, Nightcrawler and Daredevil are all solid choices.

Thanks! Gambit might be one I'll pick up. I also have Ms. Marvel.

Torch I leveled up to 51, and kinda stopped. I dunno, he just doesn't feel as good as Wanda, Ororo or Stephen (Okay, I'll stop embarrassing myself, he doesn't feel as good as Scarlet Witch, Storm or Dr. Strange).

KePoW

Banned
Thanks! Gambit might be one I'll pick up. I also have Ms. Marvel.

Torch I leveled up to 51, and kinda stopped. I dunno, he just doesn't feel as good as Wanda, Ororo or Stephen (Okay, I'll stop embarrassing myself, he doesn't feel as good as Scarlet Witch, Storm or Dr. Strange).

Do you read comix??

Anoregon

So I got 2 molecules yesterday, after never seeing one until then. They were both off cosmic terminal bosses buffed by the event, so I'm not sure if they have a higher chance to drop in cosmics, or if the fact that the bosses were event buffed is what made the difference.

Anyway, I crafted a shitty ironman costume so I now have 3 ironman costumes and don't have ironman. If I do get ironman any time soon I'll probably rock the free heartbreaker I got from the code a while back and nuke the rest.

Anoregon

lol I had a first reply to a gaz post and it recieved 33 agrees. I am the marvel heroes forum king.

Top Bottom