• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Dr. Strange Fear Itself:

wrGKnAI.png

Holy shit, Dr. Strange's hands are gigantic. Guess they didn't bother remaking the hand part of the model.

Xevren

May have to get that Dr Strange costume once I see it, I really don't like the default or the other option and I love playing as him.

inky

Gambit costume is going to work well for when I prestige him. It kinda sucks I crafted his white costume, considering his trench-coat and this are all I will ever need.

Do all recent trench coat costumes have the appropriate flowing parts like Gambit, or are there instances of the coats still being stuck to the back of peoples legs? Unfortunately, I know this is still the case with Punisher, Emma and Wolverine trenchcoat outfits.
I would confirm the trench coat flows, before forking over $10 for it.

When I first started I just bought costumes based on the pictures. Ms. Marvel's chase costume taught me a valuable lesson. Now I check everything on the test chamber first.

Moondrop

Banned
When I first started I just bought costumes based on the pictures. Ms. Marvel's chase costume taught me a valuable lesson. Now I check everything on the test chamber first.

I do too. It's bizarre when you think about it- before I purchase this cosmetic gear, let me just boot up my alternate copy of the game and give it a test drive.

They really do need a model viewer of some sort for the store. Something similar to WoW's dressing room would be ideal.

And contrary to most complaints, there are actually several costumes that I thought looked bad in the store render and ended up buying them when I saw them in-game with lighting applied to the model.

Vecks

They really do need a model viewer of some sort for the store. Something similar to WoW's dressing room would be ideal.

And contrary to most complaints, there are actually several costumes that I thought looked bad in the store render and ended up buying them when I saw them in-game with lighting applied to the model.

Agree on both.
Some costumes do look better in game.

LuuKyK

I am so happy with how she looks. Only thing I would change is make her hair a bit longer, but its just me being nitpicky. Really really nice. Considering buying her pack now, even if I spent years collecting splinters to buy her in-game. Her alt costume is just too cool to pass. :X

Lord Phol

Well if you want to support the game it's a nice deal. Both costumes look great and having the hero stash tab can be quite useful.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp both costumes look great, so no blender this time. and I actually need 1 for the blender too :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, definitely blender the basic as you get another one free if you prestige.

I blended 99% of my basics for that reason and then realised im never prestiging. Not that I regret blending them, as I dont like 99% of th basic costumes, but yeah, not this time

inky

But can you put affixes on raw? Otherwise your needlessly handicapping yourself until you get to sixty.

Well, affixes don't make much of a difference until you put a high level core in the costume anyways. So sure, you lose some stats in the way but I think it's no big deal.

Just hit me that we're a week away from this month's character/rework and I haven't even touched IW or BW yet. I'm slacking :/

Looks like FI Strange turned out well in-game

0nIFDWs.png

Vecks

Anyone run the Wakandan one-shot yet?

Yeah. It's all right. Each chest at the mission objectives seems to give at least a cosmic gear. And the final boss chest is like a cosmic chest. Considering it's not hard, and can be run below lv60, it seems like a decent place to gear up a new character.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
uughhh I wish those 2600G codes weren't 1 per account. Just saw another one pop on on ebay at $10

who are the best "summoner" heroes? i have rocket and that's about it. i guess you could always build a colossus summoner build as well.

who are the others?

Hey guys, I just downloaded this game, haven't even booted it up yet. Any tips for starters? I honestly have no idea about anything involving this game except its free and its like diablo, and is Marvel. All of which sounds awesome to me.

Moondrop

Banned
who are the best "summoner" heroes? i have rocket and that's about it. i guess you could always build a colossus summoner build as well.

who are the others?

Others will cite Loki and Luke Cage, but I want to point out Squirrel Girl. SG is different than other summoners in that her squirrel are like a whirling cloud of chaos, but she also has an ability to redirect the cloud toward specific targets. Adding to her individuality is that her squirrels only benefit from summon damage and duration; they have no health and can't be killed. Definitely one of my favorite heroes.

Varna

Game still completely bias towards ranged characters? I tried to make a brawler spider-man but corrosive web was just so much more effective. :(

KePoW

Banned
Hey guys, I just downloaded this game, haven't even booted it up yet. Any tips for starters? I honestly have no idea about anything involving this game except its free and its like diablo, and is Marvel. All of which sounds awesome to me.

That's what it is. And it's awesome.

Just don't get Wolverine for now, he's the most boring character gameplay-wise.

inky

Some general starting tips:

Before spending money be sure you like your starter. If not, make a new free account and pick again.
Only use Eternity Splinters (special currency drop) for buying heroes and nothing else. If you want to expand your hero roster fast and cheap you can get Random Hero boxes with them. If you are eying someone in particular you'll have to save up or pay $$.
Some vendors and crafters can be leveled up by donating unwanted loot. It is recommended you level up your Crafter first (Hank Pym) instead of selling stuff for credits, because at higher levels he has more useful recipes.

Have fun, and if you have any specific doubts I'm sure someone here will help.

Toppot

I would look over some videos or descriptions of how the starter characters play as see which suits you best. I choose Captain America and I love him because he can be up close and ranged. I've played as several characters and he is probably only gone down to my second favourite (After Deadpool). You might prefer ranged or magic etc so pick wisely as it could be a while before you get to play as another character (Unless you just make another account) Also worth noting each character can have a 2-3 'builds' depending on what you spend 'skill points' on you can make someone like Captain America be all melee, or a melee range hybid etc.

Don't be afraid to explore and go down 'wrong' paths, they can often lead to treasure rooms with cool gear.

Enjoy the game, take it easy, learn what is valuable and keep it.

Oh and don't worry about the game forcing you to spend money, you can unlock new characters by collecting in-game items called Eternity Splinters, and only 175 will get you a box with a random hero in. I've gotten five or so heroes without spending a penny. By the time I had Levelled up Captain America I had enough to get a random hero. The main bug is running out of bank space, you don't get a lot, but it is fairly cheap to buy more.

There's plenty of info in the wiki, on the official forums or in this thread =] Feel free to ask anything here, I started a few months ago and people always answered my silly questions.

Top Bottom