• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Thanks for the quick replies guys! I was always partial to summoner characters and judging by what someone said on the last page it seems like there's quite a few to pick from.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just don't get Wolverine for now, he's the most boring character gameplay-wise.

Well, the caveat here is that the above is only accurate for about a week. His level 52 overhaul is going live I think a week from today.

LuuKyK

Well, the caveat here is that the above is only accurate for about a week. His level 52 overhaul is going live I think a week from today.

Yep, it was confirmed his review + Psylocke are coming next week.

Glad I had Wolvy on hold till his review. Its not like I was enjoying playing with him anyway. lol

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yep, it was confirmed his review + Psylocke are coming next week.

Glad I had Wolvy on hold till his review. Its not like I was enjoying playing with him anyway. lol

I actually have wolvy on my alt account, which currently is just him, storm, and human torch. I don't really use that acct though, so I'll probably end up buying him, loki, and whatever other 900g heroes I like that I haven't randomed yet come the anniversary sale.

So what is Midtown Madness and when can I get to Midtown to experience it? Also oh man I'm already in love with this game. Decided on starting with Black Panther. I contemplated Luke Cage since you can summon Iron Fist...but really I just wanna play as Iron Fist, not summon him! I'm also assuming I should just donate everything as opposed to selling stuff?

Game still completely bias towards ranged characters? I tried to make a brawler spider-man but corrosive web was just so much more effective. :(

Not at all. The majority of the melee characters/melee specs are really good now. And if you're talking about Constrictive Webbing on Spider Man, that's a key part of his kit even for a melee spec.

Anyone know if +summon stats count toward your Team-Up Hero?

The only thing that affects Team Ups are their own gear.

Is the Gambit Death costume out? I bought the advance pack so I am guessing it isn't.

Should be coming with the Wolvy/Psylocke patch next week, but don't quote me on that.

So what is Midtown Madness and when can I get to Midtown to experience it? Also oh man I'm already in love with this game. Decided on starting with Black Panther. I contemplated Luke Cage since you can summon Iron Fist...but really I just wanna play as Iron Fist, not summon him! I'm also assuming I should just donate everything as opposed to selling stuff?

You should be able to access Midtown from any teleport pad. If not, clear the prologue and it should be unlocked in the challenges tab. Also yes to donating. Level Crafter first then Enchanter.

Teggy

It's actually called Midtown Patrol but everyone calls it Midtown Madness for some reason. Just go to any transporter pad and click on the third tab and you can go from level 1.

Well the popular abbreviation is MM for Midtown Manhattan, though the terminal is actually called Midtown Patrol, but this weekend/week is the Midtown Madness event so it's very confusing.

Blank!

The only thing that affects Team Ups are their own gear.

Not entirely true. They benefit from auras (insignias, some hero powers) while out. Passively, their damage scales with your gear. My Scarlet Witch with spiderman teamup rank 3 ability only deals 60K damage, but if I switch to a physical damage character (Thing/Deadpool) it goes up to 90K damage. So type of damage matters as well.

The end to my first long term goal (get everybody to 30) is nearly complete. Finished Iron Man today, now I just need Captain America, and then it is done. :3
Also found 2 Uniques dropping from the same Midtown boss wave, it's pretty crazy, heh.

They buffed the one shot. Now I can't keep the wakandan soldiers alive while protecting the Vibranium with Scarlet Witch.

:(
For real.

I pop All-Seeing Eye, Seal of Vishanti, and Vatlorr and all my other skills rotating cool down and not even THAT MUCH DAMAGE can clear enough to keep them alive.

Blank!

I've only ran it with a handful of characters since stealth buff. First time was with deadpool, didn't realize how much was changed and failed. Re-ran it and basically kept perma lil'deadpool/gougers down and did fine. Spiderman did fine with just pure damage output and his CC. Summons are handy too. I can usually use my 30 second summon on 1st and 3rd wave (use early on first, late on 3rd, will be up for Ape-man). which just provides another target.

Now the problem is loot seems greatly nerfed and not worth doing :( So meh.

Blank!

What happens if even one dies? Does the whole instance immediately fail and end?

Nah, all 2 or 3 (depending on the chest) need to die for it to fail. You can also fail the scientist section if time runs out (next to impossible unless you're killing everything with basic attacks only and not using a travel power...).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what are you guys even talking about? wakandan soldiers, what? is this a new thing?

You can also fail the scientist section if time runs out (next to impossible unless you're killing everything with basic attacks only and not using a travel power...).

lol. Thats where I failed.
I have only tried the One Shot once so far and I wasnt really paying too much attention to what was going on. I took my time in the caverns with the scientists, and then the screen faded out and I was teleported back to the Avenger Tower.
I hate time limits in games, so I dont think I'll be playing the One Shot again.

Lord Phol

Some new Teasers:

Psychic Ninja Espionage Action
HJJLCeN.jpg

S03mENw.jpg

What's up Bub?

2024539-205895_188246_psylocke_super.jpg

This should be all the motivation you need!

And this will kill your motivation just as fast...

DQz1F9E.jpg

Sorry to be so negative. Im just very disappointed at how un-sexy Gaz's Psylocke is shaping up to be.
The broad shoulders, flat ass and narrow hips really detract from the traditional hottie I was hoping to see :mad:

Anoregon

If gaz releases a temporary wolverine+fear costume bundle in conjunction with the 52 review I don't know if I will be able to resist.

Volimar

So I just got 250 g for hitting level 15. Are there any other quests that award G or should I just go ahead and spend it now on Cards or something?

That's it I think. I still haven't spent mine. Never know when something will come up. Besides, with cards you almost almost always end up with some crappy boost or something.

inky

I'm really not one to care about game body figures and stuff like that, but yes, that ass is absolutely disappointing. If you have a sexy ninja assassin that fights around in a leotard, come on, use it. At least for that outfit. I know they are doing away with the hourglass figures in the game, and giving characters more athletic proportions, but square hips are just a different body type, and it doesn't work for everyone. Hourglasses do exist in real life, and obviously the outfit is meant to work better with that body figure.

The most disappointing thing is her face tho, but I'll live.

So I just got 250 g for hitting level 15. Are there any other quests that award G or should I just go ahead and spend it now on Cards or something?

That's just a 1 time thing. 250g is not much, and Fortune Cards are not worth it imo. Just save it up and come a sale it might give you a nice boost to get something else you want.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any new codes floating around?

edit: also ever since a few patches ago, all my UI (bank ui, chat ui etc) is smaller and its annoying, is there a way to scale it back to how it was?

KePoW

Banned
Now that my computer works again....

Who are the most ranged oriented heroes that don't suck?

Any ranged hero is at least solid... I can't think of any that suck. Dr. Strange is pretty strong right now.

I'm really not one to care about game body figures and stuff like that, but yes, that ass is absolutely disappointing. If you have a sexy ninja assassin that fights around in a leotard, come on, use it. At least for that outfit. I know they are doing away with the hourglass figures in the game, and giving characters more athletic proportions, but square hips are just a different body type, and it doesn't work for everyone. Hourglasses do exist in real life, and obviously the outfit is meant to work better with that body figure.

I agree 100% with you.

btw -- Gaz actually made a specific comment about removing female hourglass figures? If so, WTF. Have they ever seen comic art before??

And also like you said, there are plenty of women in real life that have hourglass figures, so it's not even unrealistic.

inky

No they didn't make any comments. It might just be the artist's/art director's preference. They made a similar change to IW's that's why I was saying that.

Top Bottom