• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
As someone who doesn't read comics but has at least a cursory knowledge of the major players, playing this game has at least caused me to spend a good amount of time at the marvel wiki.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I hit 375 splinters last night, which means I'm 150 from my goal of being able to pop 3 random boxes at once come psylocke/anniversary event, which I should meet easily. Hell, I'll probably have enough for 4-5 boxes by the anniversary event depending on my daily play time over the next couple weeks.

Assuming no surprise doom/nova release, that leaves about 7 heroes I would be very glad to get (psylocke, wolverine, loki, dr stange, iron man, ghost rider, gambit), and a handful more that I would not be sad about. Hopefully I don't get totally RNG boned when the time comes. And even if I do, I'm certain to buy at least 2 of them with the 3200G im sitting on.

Strange might be my favorite character in the game so far. I love how many buttons he has and that it forced me to find a way to bind the 2nd page of hot keys (this should be default!). Rolling mysticism for zero cooldowns feels really involved for this kind of game, almost MMO-like.

I got Sue from a random box and when trying to find some info on a build for her, I ran into a lot of complaints. Is she lacking right now?

Once I finish Strange I'll have Cyclops, Human Torch, Iron Man, and Dr. Strange at 60. Wanda is next.

Volimar

Strange might be my favorite character in the game so far. I love how many buttons he has and that it forced me to find a way to bind the 2nd page of hot keys (this should be default!). Rolling mysticism for zero cooldowns feels really involved for this kind of game, almost MMO-like.

I got Sue from a random box and when trying to find some info on a build for her, I ran into a lot of complaints. Is she lacking right now?

Once I finish Strange I'll have Cyclops, Human Torch, Iron Man, and Dr. Strange at 60. Wanda is next.

I randomed Wanda and I'm liking her so far.

Lord Phol

DQz1F9E.jpg

Psylocke Booty!

Other heroes will feel very mundane next to Strange, especially Scarlet Witch. She basically presses 1 button every 5 seconds and kills everything on the screen. Extremely powerful, but exceedingly unengaging.

Anoregon

Man, I always found Xavier's voice and face so fucking weird in that show.

Dec

They will probably just update it to match the playable model. Just like they did to Invisible Woman on Shield Helicarrier.

Dink said she just took the NPC model and added details to it to make the playable model, so I assume they'll be the exact same.

Anoregon

This makes me still want to push for playable Professor X.

I just imagined his movement skill being a roll, where he just tumbles forward, chair and all, end over end like a boulder. It made me laugh way harder than it should have.

LuuKyK

Dink said she just took the NPC model and added details to it to make the playable model, so I assume they'll be the exact same.

She was referring to the body I think. She said the same thing about IW and we all saw how different she looked from the NPC.

Vecks

Oh good. Looks like they are adding a midtown event to the mix, boosting boss loot in midtown and giving them a chance to drop the ARMOR research drives as well.

I was getting tired of doing terminals.

Dec

She was referring to the body I think. She said the same thing about IW and we all saw how different she looked from the NPC.

Well of course. That's what I meant, I just mean if she is updating the NPCs model to be the playable model, the NPC model will be the same as the playable one after it's finished unless they go out of their way to not update the NPC for performance reasons which seems unlikely.

Volimar

Ran cosmic MODOK while he was boosted. I ended up solo'ing and got 3 cosmic chests.

feelsgoodman.jpg

Too bad the loot was junk...

Lord Phol

Well of course. That's what I meant, I just mean if she is updating the NPCs model to be the playable model, the NPC model will be the same as the playable one after it's finished unless they go out of their way to not update the NPC for performance reasons which seems unlikely.

Haven't actually checked the helicarrier since Sues released but normally they just replace the NPC with another character.

Argh! Psylocke has no curves.
Dink may have created a realistic/regular female body, but I wish she would have given us a hot one instead.
I wish whoever made Emma, was tasked with making Psylocke :(

LuuKyK

Argh! Psylocke has no curves.
Dink may have created a realistic/regular female body, but I wish she would have given us a hot one instead.
I wish whoever made Emma, was tasked with making Psylocke :(

Emma's face is awful though. It looks like a chubby baby from hell. I agree with Psylocke's body though. She was always known as one of the sexiest marvel heroines and her in-game model is very... average.

Emma's face is awful though. It looks like a chubby baby from hell. I agree with Psylocke's body though. She was always known as one of the sexiest marvel heroines and her in-game model is very... average.

Hmmm. I quite like Emmas Phoenix face. I know her others are bad, but thats mainly because of the "crazy eyes" thing. The below body on Psylocke really would have been nice though :'(

ic4ciEKLEfDit.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Marvel NOW Moon Knight costume is out, will deffinately buy it, but probably only when theres a costume sale again, as even if I was playing the game atm, I wouldnt be playing MK

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Was about to ask if anyone had those pics, and of course Frost is on the case :)

Gambit looks awesome (and I own it from the advance pack yay), Strange is alright but Strange is one of those characters I only really like the classic look

Lord Phol

Death costume is pretty neat, I wonder if the SSJ5 hair is only for the render or if he'll keep it for the in-game model. Looking forward to hearing his new dialogue and voice.

Top Bottom