• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

LuuKyK

Is the modelling really up to Gaz though? I thought they submitted every character for Marvel's approval before releasing them... so maybe its actually Marvel's input into what the characters should look like. But yeah, whatever the reasons, I agree with inky, some characters like Psylocke really should have a more sexy model, not only for the sake of appealing to said fanbase, but because its part of what that character is...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
took Strange from 44 to 47 earlier doing legendaries and the game (re)clicked, that was fun as shit. my only problem atm is doing story mode for the points/health/spirit, I really wish Gaz would "fix" that

KePoW

Banned
Alright - going to grab Dr. Strange and start a fresh hero! Is it best to just jump into MM, pop an XP pot, and go to town?

Have you already played the game before and finished the Story once?

If so and you just want to level Dr. Strange, then do X-Def from 1 to 20 with an xp boost. Then do Legendary Quests

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Have you already played the game before and finished the Story once?

If so and you just want to level Dr. Strange, then do X-Def from 1 to 20 with an xp boost. Then do Legendary Quests

Yeah, did the story a LOONG time back with RR. I've never actualely done X-Def, so that would be fun.

LuuKyK

Currently (with the event going on) I am finding MM way better to level up.

And whats up the insane difficulty of these One Shot stories? What the fuck.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just don't do them. Problem solved.

no, that doesnt solve anything when you want those points. might just do the point ones in the future tho instead of points/health/spirit

Just do them whenever an event is not going on, at least you're a character with a great teleport.

the problem isnt Strange, its everyone else. I have 20 60s, and own every character

KePoW

Banned
I don't bother with those Story rewards anymore. Since I have every single character in the game, I don't have time for that lol.

I just ignore them or only do them if a LQ takes me to the area.

Rhaknar

I havent been following the news super close, any clues (or actual confirmation) of tho is next after Reed (aka who is in july)?

I think KID NOVA

They already said that Nova is gonna be Richard Rider, and that they're waiting for Marvel to give green light so they can release him. He also doesn't fall into the regular release schedule if I remember correctly.

I'm pretty sure the August character is going to be Star-Lord for the movie, but I'm not sure if there will be a character between Reed and him. But probably not, since GotG is gonna be in early August.

Rhaknar

They already said that Nova is gonna be Richard Rider, and that they're waiting for Marvel to give green light so they can release him. He also doesn't fall into the regular release schedule if I remember correctly.

I'm pretty sure the August character is going to be Star-Lord for the movie, but I'm not sure if there will be a character between Reed and him. But probably not, since GotG is gonna be in early August.

They actually said Nova will be Dick Rider? My splinters are ready!

KePoW

Banned
That name still cracks me up every time. Dick Rider.

I know he was created a long time ago in a different age, but I still wonder if they made that name on purpose.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Decided to level Storm because I didn't feel like spending money at the moment. One round of X-Def later, I go from 1-10. Nice. She's fun - love the massive AoE damage. I'll probably put some levels on her. I like her more than Thor at the moment.

LuuKyK

Yeah, I am pretty sure the August character is Star Lord. And don't forget X-23 is pretty far into development and was already teased multiple times by Doomsaw, so we can see her releasing any month from now considering she is a 200 ES character.

Decided to level Storm because I didn't feel like spending money at the moment. One round of X-Def later, I go from 1-10. Nice. She's fun - love the massive AoE damage. I'll probably put some levels on her. I like her more than Thor at the moment.

Storm is awesome. Lots of fun. She was my first 60 character too. :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, I am pretty sure the August character is Star Lord. And don't forget X-23 is pretty far into development and was already teased multiple times by Doomsaw, so we can see her releasing any month from now considering she is a 200 ES character.

Storm is awesome. Lots of fun. She was my first 60 character too. :)

Yeah Storm is fun. I'm getting a bunch of disconnects tonight...I may need to figure out what's up with my connection?

It makes more sense for Star Lord to to be the "July character" since releasing him the last week of the month would line up with the GotG American release (which has always been the plan).

Was there an update on this? Doomsaw has said on two occasions that Sam is definitely going to be the default Nova character/costume. Actually, I remember one of the first updates Doomsaw ever gave on this subject was that Marvel wanted to wait for Sam's story to progress to a certain point before he was released as a character.

Was there an update on this? Doomsaw has said on two occasions that Sam is definitely going to be the default Nova character/costume. Actually, I remember one of the first updates Doomsaw ever gave on this subject was that Marvel wanted to wait for Sam's story to progress to a certain point before he was released as a character.

Any Nova talk has been very scarce, but the last info I had was the default being planned to be Richard (which would make sense because he also has more costumes than Sam), Sam being an enhanced alt, and the character being guaranteed in 2014.

Rhaknar

It's much more likely that Kid Nova would be default and Rider be the enhanced, business wise that is

Also I forget, was Rogue confirmed to be the 12th or is it still between her and Blade?

Rogue was confirmed to be the last character in the Advance Pack.

And it doesn't really make that much sense, even from a business standpoint - if every costume but the default (i.e. Sam) ended up being an Enhanced one, you wouldn't get many people buying the skins. :p

Rhaknar

Rogue was confirmed to be the last character in the Advance Pack.

And it doesn't really make that much sense, even from a business standpoint - if every costume but the default (i.e. Sam) ended up being an Enhanced one, you wouldn't get many people buying the skins. :p

Guess it depends on how short term or long term their plans are

Lord Phol

I don't think Gaz has ever stated which costume is going to be the default, only that we are most likely to get both. Personally I would like Richard to be the default since I prefer his powerset. Having a Nova Prime Enhanced Costume with Worldmind banter would be really fricking sweet as well though.

I'm guessing Star-Lord & Nova are the July-August heroes, but Nova could be a later release depending on how Original Sin unfolds.

LuuKyK

Another teaser:

proxy.jpg

GManDH

okay it doesnt look like her, but doesnt it seem like she is going to be a character that can do melee and ranged??? PS did we get a release date on second wave of teamups??

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
okay it doesnt look like her, but doesnt it seem like she is going to be a character that can do melee and ranged??? PS did we get a release date on second wave of teamups??

Well they did say Beta Ray Bill would be out before the anniversary, at least.

LuuKyK

You know, based on those teasers I would never tell it's Psylocke :)

Why not? Because she is using a bow? She can create all sorts of psychic weapons based on the Marvel Now comics.

Also, I remember a dev saying Psylocke will probably be the character with the biggest number of viable builds in the game. She is all about variety it seems.

Rhaknar

she always used blades (mostly the knives but I remember her making a psi sword even back in my day... thats like 15 years ago :p) so theres no reason why she couldnt extend that to ranged weapons. in fact its just a different look to her "butterflies" projectiles

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What should I be using my ARMOR capsule things for? Also, should I focus on leveling my crafter or enchanter? My crafter is level 11 whereas my enchanter is level 4. It takes SO long to level those dudes....

GManDH

no i have never read the comics but i have watched every xmen episode 3 times already and havent seen her new look. hence y i want to do a marvel comics/marvel heroes podcast.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What should I be using my ARMOR capsule things for? Also, should I focus on leveling my crafter or enchanter? My crafter is level 11 whereas my enchanter is level 4. It takes SO long to level those dudes....

The weapon is pretty good for a few chars, so that's not a bad choice if you want.

For item donation, what I did was get crafter to 10, then enchanter to 10, then crafter to 20. Am currently working on getting enchanter to 20.

I did crafter to 20 first, mostly because the enchanter was still only in Odin's Palace at the time and I never felt like going there specifically to donate to him. Also because I had molecules and costumes I wanted to put in the blender.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Alright, I'll get my enchanter up a little more and than focus back on the crafter.

Another question...Are Team Ups worth spending money on?

Anoregon

Alright, I'll get my enchanter up a little more and than focus back on the crafter.

Another question...Are Team Ups worth spending money on?

I'm holding out to see if we get a free Coulson or something with the anniversary event, but if that doesn't happen I'll probably end up getting Bill just because he looks cool.

What should I be using my ARMOR capsule things for?

You can exchange them with Jocasta for stuff (a new vendor in the hubs, she stands near the enchanter).

Also, should I focus on leveling my crafter or enchanter? My crafter is level 11 whereas my enchanter is level 4. It takes SO long to level those dudes....

Tell me about it - luckily I had my crafter to 20 before the enchanter came out so the question didn't come up for me, but I think crafter is more important than enchanter. Enchanter seems to only be really valuable in the higher levels, while you can use the crafter's stuff for virtually any level. That said, don't forget to level the weapon and gear vendors as well once you're done with the 2 crafting vendors.

no i have never read the comics but i have watched every xmen episode 3 times already

The cartoon is a pretty bad source for knowledge about Marvel. :p

KePoW

Banned
Crafter is more important first than Enchanter.

Enchanting is not necessary until 60. Except for maybe the XP boost one Seers Brilliance, but I think that's available very early anyway.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I guess I can focus a bit more on the crafter. It just takes so damn long. If I could just donate while I wander MM, that would be MUCH more convenient. As of now, there's too much of a disconnect from Legendary Quest farming and donating to make it not dumb and feel slow, haha. I should just buckle down and make it happen...

Is there an event going on right now? I've been getting a lot of cosmic and uniques to drop the past two days.

KePoW

Banned
no i have never read the comics but i have watched every xmen episode 3 times already and havent seen her new look. hence y i want to do a marvel comics/marvel heroes podcast.

Are you talking about the X-Men cartoons from back in the 90s?

Or are there new current cartoons?

Rhaknar

forgot to say yesterday, but that fear itself dr strange costume looks much better in game with the staff as opposed to the leaked render... now I kinda want it

Top Bottom