• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I hit 525 splinters last night. My goal for the anniversary was to pop 3 random boxes at once, so now that I've hit that I might as well push to 700 for a fourth.

Well even the tv show made a lot of changes. Kitty Pryde wasn't in it at all, for example. The whole Days of Future Past story on the show was a lot different.

I remember really liking all of the episodes featuring Apocalypse though. Between it and the trading cards, that's what got me into the comics, and then Age of Apocalypse happened and I think my mom wanted to kill me with all the books I wanted to buy every month.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
X-Men cartoon was the best

2708478-1974631_x_men_l200.jpg

Lord Phol

Bah, ended up buying the team-up pack, variety is always nice and having only Spiderman and Magik get's a bit stale.
I've spent ~330 USD on this game so far, so much for free to play >>. 1000 hours playtime though and I don't regret a penny spent because of Gaz being pretty good devs and all.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Looking at the spells Firestar uses, she could easily be a human torch enhanced costume. I fully expect all team ups to be enhanced costumes or characters eventually, since the model is half the work done anyway

Magik, Falcon, She Hulk for characters
Firestar, Beta Ray (already is), Clea for costumes

I forget who else is announced

KePoW

Banned
Bah, ended up buying the team-up pack, variety is always nice and having only Spiderman and Magik get's a bit stale.
I've spent ~330 USD on this game so far, so much for free to play >>. 1000 hours playtime though and I don't regret a penny spent because of Gaz being pretty good devs and all.

I've spent a little more than that, but a lot of it was front-loaded around the first couple months after release. Have not spent too much in the past few months.

I've got around 1030 hours played, so it's been fun and worth it.

Well for the most part... I regret about 50 bucks of purchases due to fucking Fortune Cards, which still pisses me off.

Rhaknar

I've spent a little more than that, but a lot of it was front-loaded around the first couple months after release. Have not spent too much in the past few months.

I've got around 1030 hours played, so it's been fun and worth it.

Well for the most part... I regret about 50 bucks of purchases due to fucking Fortune Cards, which still pisses me off.

My only regret is also one of those big bundles of cards...never again. I was almost temped with the current big bundle of cards and then remembered and said "nope"

Don't regret any hero, or the deluxe advance pack, or both team up packs. Oh and for the most part I don't regret costumes, maybe a couple (classic ms marvel for example)

KePoW

Banned
Don't regret any hero, or the deluxe advance pack, or both team up packs. Oh and for the most part I don't regret costumes, maybe a couple (classic ms marvel for example)

Yeah same here, I definitely do not regret buying any heroes because I want all of them anyway.

And yeah, only regretted a couple costume purchases out of... I dunno, at least 20.

GManDH

well i bought the founders pack, and the new beginning of year pack. i dont regret however i havent played enough to justify what i spent. at almost 1 year in i only have 4 characters at 60. and next year ill have even less time!!!!

Lord Phol

Some new info:

Question: How is Wolverine's rework?

Doomsaw: "Wolverine's frankly is really awesome, it's game changing"

Question: Will Cable be the soldier we want or the soldier we need?

Doomsaw: "Soldier You Need"

Question: doomsaw, will bronx zoo be a one-shot?

Doomsaw: "Bronx Zoo is a full zone"

Question: Endless Dungeons Doom?

Doomsaw: "Endless Dungeon is deep into development, there are 5 dungeons so far with 5 levels each; It's going to be super cool; X-Men week is super buffed X-Defense and something else that is related to the movie"

Question: hey doomsaw next week event will be like bonus loot in xdef because the launch of the guardians of the galaxy?

Doomsaw: "Next week is X-Men week"

Question: the streamer was talking about performance optimization, don't remember what the exact question was

Doomsaw: "I know the engineering team is always working on performance upgrades, but not sure details"

Question: Doomsaw Max Omega level?

Doomsaw: "I think Max at launch will be 5000 points, but not 100% sure yet"

Question: doomsaw, favorite enhanced costume?

Doomsaw: "favorite enhanced costume is either Captain Mar-vell or Alejandra Blaze"

Question: No American Dream?

Doomsaw: "American Dream not started yet"

Question: Doom could i make an Omega system FAQ?

Doomsaw: "I have Omega FAQ, just not posted yet"

Question: the streamer asked when will the captain mar-vell costume br released

Doomsaw: "Cpt Marvel likely next month; June"

Question: How is reed coming along doom?

Doomsaw: "Reed looks hilarious; Long arms; Bounce movement thing"

Question: hilarious=promising?

Doomsaw: "Yes, Reed is one of a kind as a hero; just one of a kind"

Question: i hear you hate the FF

Doomsaw: "I love the future foundation"

Question:
doomsaw, can we get confirmation on psylockes ES price yet?

Doomsaw: "400ES Psylocke"

Question: Thing rework 2020

Doomsaw: "Thing rework this year!"

Question: is there an ETA on Gambit as Death costume?

Doomsaw: "Gambit as Death next week for preowners"

Question: The question on everyone's mind: Dance emotes?

Doomsaw: "Dances are done for most heroes"

Question: Doom did u implement the Raid drops or not yet?

Doomsaw: "Raid items not in yet, but they have a higher item grade"

Question: When will achievements be added?

Doomsaw: "Achievement in late June, early July"

Question: whatever happened to that system that was teased where you donate items to level that one item? I forgot the name of the system sorry but it was teased ages ago?

Doomsaw: "Stark-Tech still coming late summer"

Question: Sets would be cool

Doomsaw: "Set items might come later in the year, but not sure yet. They aren't as cool as other stuff we have planned."

Question: the streamer asked about log in gifts for the anniversary

Doomsaw: "Oh, I have to ask the team what the gifts are; Maybe they are free Ryolnir beards"

Source

X-Men cartoon was the best

2708478-1974631_x_men_l200.jpg

Yeah I love the show honestly. Still the best animated version of the characters. Really wish that Marvel was on spot with their animation movies as DC.

lawful said:
What makes this different from DC Universe Online? Just the library of characters you don't get to play as?

Very different types of games. DCUO lets you create your own characters and then take missions/work alongside all the iconic heroes. It is also a straight up MMO format as far as gameplay. The combat is unique and well thought out for PvP though!

Marvel Heroes is less an MMO and more of an Online Action RPG. It has about the same level of MMO points as something like Phantasy Star Online. Hubs for people to congregate and customization, etc. The gameplay is basically Diablo.

DCUO also has an absolutely horrendous F2P model unless it has changed. I subscribed when it first released for a few months, but did not like their F2P model at all when I returned.

Marvel Heroes has a fairly decent model, although it is a lot of grinding still. It isn't as good as something like PSO2 mostly because of the lack of a player run economy, but it is good nonetheless. One of the best ones in the industry.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Well that answers my question. Can I be The Sentry and totally own everything with the power of a million exploding suns?

I don't know who sentry is, but I do know he's not in the game.

Lord Phol

Well that answers my question. Can I be The Sentry and totally own everything with the power of a million exploding suns?

Unlikely, the lead designer said he was boring. If they are gonna do any superman like heroes they would probably do Hyperion. Silver Surfer is coming though! And Nova!

Rhaknar

so werent atributes suposed to be reworked and you could respec them or something? I remember people saying that was stupid because hulk shouldnt have 10energy or jean gray 10 STR, stuff like that.

since ive been playing regulary again, I dont see a difference, what exactly changed?

Jube3

I picked this back after a very long break and I am loving all of the changes. Can I get an invite to the supergroup? I'm currently leveling Nightcrawler and I just finished leveling up Loki and Taskmaster.

Vecks

so werent atributes suposed to be reworked and you could respec them or something? I remember people saying that was stupid because hulk shouldnt have 10energy or jean gray 10 STR, stuff like that.

since ive been playing regulary again, I dont see a difference, what exactly changed?

There's no cap for attributes anymore, so you don't have to worry about having excess, useless points.
All attributes are useful in some way for all heroes (int gives crit, fighting boosts all powers, speed is no longer useless, etc.).
Every point in the attribute has equal value.
XP boost for int was either reduced or gotten rid of.

Rhaknar

There's no cap for attributes anymore, so you don't have to worry about having excess, useless points.
All attributes are useful in some way for all heroes (int gives crit, fighting boosts all powers, speed is no longer useless, etc.).
Every point in the attribute has equal value.
XP boost for int was either reduced or gotten rid of.

but you cant actually change them around then? you still only get them from cores or gear or whatever

Vecks

but you cant actually change them around then? you still only get them from cores or gear or whatever

Yeah. I think they said eventually you'll be able to add specific ones to gear, perhaps similar to how the enchanter works, but at the moment, no real change in how you get attributes.

Rhaknar

whats up with team up gear droprate? nothing ever drops :/

anyway, doctor strange makes 21 60s. now for the stupid story quests for points :(

Rhaknar

I bet you're not looking at white or green items right?

Because those are the only colors for team-up items right now. They drop plenty, you're probably just not looking for them.

green yes, white no, didnt know there were white ones

so I just beat Dr. Doom and I've got 265 eternity splinters. Should I use them on a random character box or will I be getting another 100 for beating Loki and at this point should just save them up for a 400 splinter character? Also I'm guessing I only get these splinters the first time I beat Doom, not with any other characters correct? Also why is Taskmaster only 200 splinters? Is he on special or is he always that price? I noticed the only other 200 splinter characters were the starting ones.

KePoW

Banned
so I just beat Dr. Doom and I've got 265 eternity splinters. Should I use them on a random character box or will I be getting another 100 for beating Loki and at this point should just save them up for a 400 splinter character? Also I'm guessing I only get these splinters the first time I beat Doom, not with any other characters correct? Also why is Taskmaster only 200 splinters? Is he on special or is he always that price? I noticed the only other 200 splinter characters were the starting ones.

Only one time per account. I can't recall if you get splinters for beating Loki.

TM is always that splinter price.

Scirrocco

Really it's up to you.

Which characters do you already have? good 200 characters are storm and Hawkeye. Box is fine too if you don't care.

If there's a 400 splinters character you want I'd save up.

Taskmasters so cheap because he's mainly reusing stuff from other characters.

Rhaknar

if you just started and only have 1 hero (the starter) I would random for awhile, unless you really want a specific one

Vecks

Some new info:
Source

Dance emotes. Soon MH will be a true MMO.

I think I saw on the forums that since next week is x-men week, they're gonna boost X-defense. Not sure if real, but makes sense in more ways than one. And they'll probably boost everything again on the anniversary week in June.

Lord Phol

Dance emotes. Soon MH will be a true MMO.

I think I saw on the forums that since next week is x-men week, they're gonna boost X-defense. Not sure if real, but makes sense in more ways than one. And they'll probably boost everything again on the anniversary week in June.

Lol yeah it's in the post you just quoted xD.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
X-Defense is pretty rad, but it feels so arbitrary when playing with randoms. Sometimes we get to wave 14+, other times we only get to wave 8 or 9. It's weird. I think it would be a blast with a supergroup or friends who focused on the enemies that needed to be focused and worked together.

Rhaknar

X-Men week means X23 surprise release, believe!

never gonna happen

hmm what to level next (only 52review heroes). Not Psylocke because thats what everyone will be running around with as usual with new releases. continue Taskmaster who is 25 or start Black Widow or Invisible Woman. and theres also Wolverine with the Psylocke patch

Vecks

never gonna happen

I think it's possible. It's also Wolverine review week...

X-Defense is pretty rad, but it feels so arbitrary when playing with randoms. Sometimes we get to wave 14+, other times we only get to wave 8 or 9. It's weird. I think it would be a blast with a supergroup or friends who focused on the enemies that needed to be focused and worked together.

Yeah, at lv60 it's tough. Hard to break wave 15. Below 60, it's complicated because of the loot game nature. Not everyone is as geared up as one would like, since most people are playing it to get good loot. And certainly some heroes have better abilities for x-def, like irresistible CC. I've lucked out a couple of times and reached much higher waves, but very few and far between.

Rhaknar

does BW still have those little drones after the review? I never played her but I remember a friend using her and that spell looked awesome

never gonna happen

hmm what to level next (only 52review heroes). Not Psylocke because thats what everyone will be running around with as usual with new releases. continue Taskmaster who is 25 or start Black Widow or Invisible Woman. and theres also Wolverine with the Psylocke patch

Well the patch (and DOFP in America) are both released on the 23rd this week, soooo...

And out of those characters you named go with Tasky. IW and BW both need some post-release tuning still.

Rhaknar

although I dont think they will release another non-scheduled hero so soon, I would love to use my splinters on her... 1050 and rising

Top Bottom