• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Rhaknar went on a spending spree earlier this year and nabbed all the heroes. I was sorely tempted to follow his lead on that but stuck to splinter buys. He may have won out here.

For straight splinter buys, I've gotten black panther, ghost rider, and punisher. Don't like panther, abhor ghost rider (600. UGH), and I got punisher out of my promo random box last month. Still saving for my last character, gambit, now.

LuuKyK

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! Test center is up and I am at work! Argh. Fml. Please tell me how is Psylocke, someone. ;-;

Edit: saw some pics. Holy fucking shit. She looks amazing.

Lord Phol

Don't wanna spoil myself too much but initial reaction (only lvl 1):

• Skill Trees look varied and fun.
  • Classic Costume looks like crap (it's very low res though so probably buggy, but the face..).
  • Holy hell! Those attack animations! So Ninja!
  • Damn nice telepath effects too!

I was gonna use her X-Force costume anyway, cause I really don't like the 90s leotard suit. I really hope we'll get a pre-90s non-Asian Betsy too, though.

Lord Phol

Also Wolverines motorcycle looks quite odd and is a bit buggy..

vroom.png

Lord Phol

Berserker Barrage is pretty rad, his sweeps look nice now as well. Signature is kind of weird and Swift Claws looks worse than his other basic. Mostly good changes IMO.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm installing the test center now. Partially because I want to see wolverine and psylocke, and partially because I'm just curious to see what I'll get with random hero boxes :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm bored at work so let's speculate!

2015 advanced pack

Assuming its 12 (1 a month) like the first one, here are my new predictions for the 2015 one, considering Taskmaster was a surprise release (I had him pegged for the 2015 pack) and it's seeming more likely that both x23 and beast will come out this year (also had them pegged for the 2015 pack a few months ago)

1 - Blade (100%, it was between him and Rogue for this year and since Rogue was confirmed for 2014...)
2 - Iceman (100% they have mentioned him lots of times for 2015)
3 - Domino (100% her model and some animations will be done for the team up, and we have seen a picture of her gear screen as a playable hero)
4 - Wasp and
5 - Vision (100% for both with Avengers 2 out next year, and like Domino, Wasp will have some work done already from the team up)
6 - Magik (100% they have confirmed her many times and work done from team up)
7 - She Hulk and
8 - Spider Woman (85%, both will have work done from the team ups, and both are different enough from their male counter parts to just be enhanced coatumes)
9 - Falcon (75%, again, has half the work done from the team up, and might get the rub from Avengers 2)
10 - Doctor Doom (75% assuming there will be more villains/anti heroes, this seems like a no brainer, especially with all the Future Foundation costumes in the game :p)
11 - Elektra (50% I used to be more sure, not so much these days, but still, she has a model in game and fits the villain but sometimes hero theme)

my third villain/hero (assuming there's 3 like this year) was Taskmaster for sure but they screwed that up lol. So I'm going out on a limb and say...

12 - Havok (40% only because he will be done as a team up and I don't see him being just a enhanced costume)

Speaking of the rest of the team up models, Clea WILL just be a enhanced costume, Beta Ray already is and so will be Deadpool the kid. Firestar will also just be a costume, for Torch.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
AWWWWWWWW YISSSSS Just got my first 10-splinter drop!

LuuKyK

I'm bored at work so let's spaculate!

2015 advanced pack

Assuming its 12 (1 a month) like the first one, here are my new predictions for the 2015 one, considering Taskmaster was a surprise release (I had him pegged for the 2015 pack) and it's seeming more likely that both x23 and beast will come out this year (also had them pegged for the 2015 pack a few months ago)

1 - Blade (100%, it was between him and Rogue for this year and since Rogue was confirmed for 2014...)
2 - Iceman (100% they have mentioned him lots of times for 2015)
3 - Domino (100% her model and some animations will be done for the team up, and we have seen a picture of her gear screen as a playable hero)
4 - Wasp and
5 - Vision (100% for both with Avengers 2 out next year, and like Domino, Wasp will have some work done already from the team up)
6 - Magik (100% they have confirmed her many times and work done from team up)
7 - She Hulk and
8 - Spider Woman (85%, both will have work done from the team ups, and both are different enough from their male counter parts to just be enhanced coatumes)
9 - Falcon (75%, again, has half the work done from the team up, and might get the rub from Avengers 2)
10 - Doctor Doom (75% assuming there will be more villains/anti heroes, this seems like a no brainer, especially with all the Future Foundation costumes in the game :p)
11 - Elektra (50% I used to be more sure, not so much these days, but still, she has a model in game and fits the villain but sometimes hero theme)

my third villain/hero (assuming there's 3 like this year) was Taskmaster for sure but they screwed that up lol. So I'm going out on a limb and say...

12 - Havok (40% only because he will be done as a team up and I don't see him being just a enhanced costume)

Speaking of the rest of the team up models, Clea WILL just be a enhanced costume, Beta Ray already is and so will be Deadpool the kid. Firestar will also just be a costume, for Torch.

Playable Elektra needs to happen.

while i HIGHLY admire your dedication, dont you wish you wouldve gotten some more heroes to 60??

No. The thing is, getting people to level 60 takes much longer than to 30. I first wanted to get people to 60 then move on to the next, but then I realized that my progress just would feel so slow. I'd rather have all heroes at 30+ than have 5 people at 60 and everybody else at 1. My next long term target will be 45 for everyone.

Is there a website you use to make that graphic??

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/43655/hero-roster-2-x/p1

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Add War Machine to the list.

No thank you. Unless it's modern transformer version of WM... but if it's just a ironman with a shoulder Gatling gun, enhanced costume or bust

GManDH

inky

No thank you. Unless it's modern transformer version of WM... but if it's just a ironman with a shoulder Gatling gun, enhanced costume or bust

Don't look at me. They are the ones who want to make it a standalone, and I'm pretty sure you'll see him because some work has already been done on him. It feels obvious he'll be part of the 2015 pack.

Rhaknar

Don't look at me. They are the ones who want to make it a standalone, and I'm pretty sure you'll see him because some work has already been done on him. It feels obvious he'll be part of the 2015 pack.

Hmph. Well, like I said, if it's based on his ridiculous transforming armors he uses lately ("look ma' I'm a space station lol") that might have potential

Xevren

Got the Lady Loki enhanced costume from the blender today (used a couple doubles and unmasked deadpool that I dont care for, so no big loss), pretty happy about that.

Rhaknar

Got the Lady Loki enhanced costume from the blender today (used a couple doubles and unmasked deadpool that I dont care for, so no big loss), pretty happy about that.

Lucky bastard, I love that one. I blended my brown wolverine/black MK/blue use the other day and got a dupe marvel now Scarlet Witch :(

I need to get Kate and Marvel Now MK, come on another costume sale

LuuKyK

lol wow, people on test center are saying Wolverine is worse than before his review? Wtf. Really?

Oh and btw I love Psylocke. <3 Her energy bar is kinda annoying though, from the little I played.

Aside from that every move I wanted her to have is there except for this one:

psylocke-antiair.gif

Lucky bastard, I love that one. I blended my brown wolverine/black MK/blue use the other day and got a dupe marvel now Scarlet Witch :(

I need to get Kate and Marvel Now MK, come on another costume sale

Will the trade option enable costume trades too or not? If so, I want that marvel now SW if you are willing to trade it for another costume.
I only have one to trade, a Cap. one. But still.

LuuKyK

I said Psylocke's resource bar is annoying, but its beyond annoying. It drains way too fast. Its so limiting it makes her seem like a slow character. -_- Gaz better make it replenish easier or make the powers consume less of it.

No way will costumes ever be tradeable.

I don't even know why I had hopes honestly. ;-;

Rhaknar

So what's wrong with Widow and Sue? Bugs or just low damage? I can deal with low damage

Sue has low damage. The only thing she's missing as far as moveset is a good teleport and she'd be perfect. I love her damage abilities.

Eh, I think they shoehorned too many offensive abilities into her skill trees.
I think she is fun, but as I have said before I wish they would have come up
with more interesting defensive and CC abilities as her power set lends itself well to that stuff.
Not everyone should be a DPS monster but I can see how that would cause problems with the fanbase...

Psylocke sounds awesome. I will have to update the TC tonight when I finish work to try her out. I really shoulda started leveling Wolvie but I guess I will just start from lvl 1 with the rework. Will probably be more fun that way in the end.

[*]Classic Costume looks like crap (it's very low res though so probably buggy, but the face..).

I think the face or head is too small for the body. Her ass isnt as prominent as I'd ideally have liked, but I expected that.

ipmyAurVLqPO0.gif

Dink has done some very good costumes for sure, but I dont think Invisible Woman or Psylocke look as good as the other females in the game. There are too many issues with their proportions.

Rhaknar

As someone who prioritizes defensive passives / actives over dps on all of his characters, freaking out over low damage always makes me smile

Lord Phol

lol wow, people on test center are saying Wolverine is worse than before his review? Wtf. Really?

Just the normal people who only care about high numbers and being OP. Numbers can always be tuned but from what I've tested he looks much better, is much more fun and has a much more varied powerset. Also the horrible spirit to fury mechanic is gone. Wolverine can do some crazy damage on live by basically spamming two buttons, and people are crying because they can't do that anymore on TC. Same thing that happend to Storm.

KePoW

Banned
Just the normal people who only care about high numbers and being OP. Numbers can always be tuned but from what I've tested he looks much better, is much more fun and has a much more varied powerset. Also the horrible spirit to fury mechanic is gone. Wolverine can do some crazy damage on live by basically spamming two buttons, and people are crying because they can't do that anymore on TC. Same thing that happend to Storm.

Yeah I don't care about DPS much. I do care about how 'fun' the powers feel, mainly referring to animations and aesthetic coolness factor.

I think the face or head is too small for the body. Her ass isnt as prominent as I'd ideally have liked, but I expected that.

ipmyAurVLqPO0.gif

Dink has done some very good costumes for sure, but I dont think Invisible Woman or Psylocke look as good as the other females in the game. There are too many issues with their proportions.

She actually mentioned she prefers working on male heroes because the fans of the female characters all envision the character differently, and tend to be very vocal about it.

Lord Phol

Personally while I enjoy most of The Dinks work (except this one) I find her to be a bit of a drama-queen. She needs to work up some self-esteem, most people love her work but all it takes is one single single person mentioning something less positive and she's all like "Yup I knew it, this always happens when I post something. I can't please everyone I try to do my best blablabla..". Kind of a pet-peeve of mine, makes it hard to be critical of her work because you always have 10 people down ur neck defending her.

I understand where you're coming from, Phol, but I find absolutely no issues with any of the female models Dink did. I think Psylocke looks perfectly fine, and I think Sue looks perfectly fine too. That and people have been really nasty to her in the past, so I can also understand why she's more reluctant about stuff.

So what's wrong with Widow and Sue? Bugs or just low damage? I can deal with low damage

Low damage is part of it, but they both have some skills that just don't function in viable ways. Also, both of their secondary resources (and how they're utilized) are half-baked. Mind you these issues are only really glaring if you're trying to optimize your efficiency. Whether you find either of the two characters fun won't be hinged on these problems though.

Yeah I don't care about DPS much. I do care about how 'fun' the powers feel, mainly referring to animations and aesthetic coolness factor.

This is actually where I think they succeeded most. Berserker Barrage is a great example. I normally hate using the "Whirlwind" movement powers, but BB feels much better to use than any of the other ones in the game and is an excellent trash clearer. His signature is the exception to this though. Goddamn is that thing clunky as hell to use.

Top Bottom