• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Wallach

This is actually where I think they succeeded most. Berserker Barrage is a great example. I normally hate using the "Whirlwind" movement powers, but BB feels much better to use than any of the other ones in the game and is an excellent trash clearer. His signature is the exception to this though. Goddamn is that thing clunky as hell to use.

Berserker Barrage just has the same problem all of those moves do (because at first it actually was Siberian Express), in that they do fucking awful damage. It's great when a move feels good to use, but it is not fun when powers that are good to use aren't effective and wind up not actually worth using.

Right now they need to focus on fixing up his defensive profile (it's like ~20% off target) and try to clean up the functionality of his signature. He's only going to come out of this review with one reasonable build on the bleed side, because there's no time before this pushes live to even come close to salvaging his direct damage kit. My gear profile in that build is around 80% lower DPS than live numbers. I'd have to go look at the full roster data but I imagine it dethrones whoever is at the bottom of the single target profile, it's hilariously fucking bad.

Lord Phol

Berserker Barrage just has the same problem all of those moves do (because at first it actually was Siberian Express), in that they do fucking awful damage. It's great when a move feels good to use, but it is not fun when powers that are good to use aren't effective and wind up not actually worth using.

Right now they need to focus on fixing up his defensive profile (it's like ~20% off target) and try to clean up the functionality of his signature. He's only going to come out of this review with one reasonable build on the bleed side, because there's no time before this pushes live to even come close to salvaging his direct damage kit. My gear profile in that build is around 80% lower DPS than live numbers. I'd have to go look at the full roster data but I imagine it dethrones whoever is at the bottom of the single target profile, it's hilariously fucking bad.

Remember though that we usually get an older build than the ones they are working with internally, but good constructive feedback is still helpful. If you have the math to back it up you should voice your concern in the official thread which gaz checks frequently.

I thought she did. She said she was very excited to do her & said Capcom's Marvel VS game sprites of Psylocke was her inspiration.

Don't get me wrong, I think her current model is fine (I've yet to see it in-game though).

Well, being excited to do her doesn't necessarily mean she volunteered to do her. :p I mean, it's her job, after all, I don't think she gets to choose which assets she's going to do if there's other model artists as well. Though I might be wrong.

That said, I think one thing she absolutely excels at is facial modeling and hair. Sue's and Psylocke's faces look absolutely fantastic, especially compared to the older female models. I'm still really upset with how Widow looks, it's incredibly ugly, and generally most faces look pretty horrible.

Lord Phol

UwR3852.jpg

zgQPzKu.jpg

Dat face! Seriously though that riggin and low res texture (not The Dinks fault) needs to be fixed for live :s. I know ninjas are usually agile but I don't think their arms are suppose to do that.

I also heard she requested to do Psylocke, problem is that she had to use the old NPC model to work with.

Well, being excited to do her doesn't necessarily mean she volunteered to do her. :p I mean, it's her job, after all, I don't think she gets to choose which assets she's going to do if there's other model artists as well. Though I might be wrong.

That said, I think one thing she absolutely excels at is facial modeling and hair. Sue's and Psylocke's faces look absolutely fantastic, especially compared to the older female models. I'm still really upset with how Widow looks, it's incredibly ugly, and generally most faces look pretty horrible.

Im sure I read in a thread, that Dink herself said she requested to do Psylocke. I havent seen Psylockes face close up, so I dont have an opinion on that yet.
If we ever get Gamora, She Hulk or Domino, I really hope whoever made Phoenix Force Emma will make those characters too.

I also heard she requested to do Psylocke, problem is that she had to use the old NPC model to work with.

Im sure I read in a thread, that Dink herself said she requested to do Psylocke.

Ah, I stand corrected then. And yeah, I remember reading that if a character model already exists, the model artists have to use that one as base. I don't remember why exactly, but they do, so that's something to consider when you are talking about a pre-existing model.

Ah, I stand corrected then. And yeah, I remember reading that if a character model already exists, the model artists have to use that one as base. I don't remember why exactly, but they do, so that's something to consider when you are talking about a pre-existing model.

Well, if thats the case then I feel sorry for Dink because I remember the original Psylocke (out the front of X Mansion) was AWFUL. Everyone seemed to agree on how bad she looked.
Using such a flawed starting point could only ever result in getting a flawed finished product. That seems like a very dumb move by Gaz.

I think it's not something Gaz is willingly doing. Again, I don't remember why exactly, if it was something coming from Marvel or such, but I do remember Dink posting an image on the forums showing the changes she did to NPC Sue Storm.

Speaking of the bleed build, does Eviscerate work with bleeds from item procs? I have nothing to test that with.

Gothos

Dat face! Seriously though that riggin and low res texture (not The Dinks fault) needs to be fixed for live :s. I know ninjas are usually agile but I don't think their arms are suppose to do that.

WOW, that looks absolutely HORRIBLE.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I understand caring about costumes or body, but caring about the face in a game where you are zoomed out 99.9% of the time?

Lord Phol

You are correct, but you'll still see it whenever you pop-up your inventory or hero menu. It's not the biggest deal for me, but it can be distracting.

I'm curious if you can make a good hybrid Psylocke. She has so many neat powers that it's hard for me to focus on just one part of her powerset. I've also been wanting to build a good hybrid hero for some time.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I bought 3 random boxes on the TC this morning, 1 dupe and a pair of 400-splinter non-dupes. Hopefully when I buy 3-5 on live I'll have a similar success rate.

inky

Well, after checking Psylocke's model out on the TC, even if the textures were higher quality, I would still say it sucks. Tiny head, ugly face, weird arms and hands, bad proportions, katana clips when standing still, running animation is bad...

Ptobably the worst job I have seen in a while in this game.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man, people are really shitting on the Wolverine review over on the TC forum. that's pretty disappointing, I was planning to get Wolverine soon under the assumption that the review was good. Everyone playing him on the TC seems really unhappy with pretty much everything.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man, people are really shitting on the Wolverine review over on the TC forum. that's pretty disappointing, I was planning to get Wolverine soon under the assumption that the review was good. Everyone playing him on the TC seems really unhappy with pretty much everything.

and by everything you mean his dps :p

LuuKyK

Can we stop with the GOATlocke hate please?
:p
She is a solid character with very cool moves. The only problems are that her basic model looks low poly, her running animation is weird, and her resource bar needs some tuning. But thats pretty much it. I expect at least one of those to be fixed for the actual release so I think its going to be fine.

Rhaknar

Can we stop with the GOATlocke hate please?
:p
She is a solid character with very cool moves. The only problems are that her basic model looks low poly, her running animation is weird, and her resource bar needs some tuning. But thats pretty much it. I expect at least one of those to be fixed for the actual release so I think its going to be fine.

youre right, she does look like a Goat in game

Rhaknar

btw -- what the heck is that thing in ur avatar??

Laharl from Disgaea 1, a playstation strategy jrpg series

edit: wait wait wait... while leveling Tasky I noticed my Spidey team up voice is different, more adult, not the stupid kid voice the playable spiderman has. what the fuck?

Rhaknar

Got Taskmaster to 37 today, rocking a ranged build since melee wasn't doing it for me. Basically made him a sturdier Hawkeye with cap/Hawkeye auras, poison arrow and shield bounce for aoe destruction, triple arrow for single target and the tv camera as a extra point dump, I'm happy with the build.

I like him because I like the character, but man does he feel like a 200splinter hero, everything feels very bland, and not just because he reuses animations. Kinda worried how bland x23 and especially Beast will be to be honest

Laharl from Disgaea 1, a playstation strategy jrpg series

edit: wait wait wait... while leveling Tasky I noticed my Spidey team up voice is different, more adult, not the stupid kid voice the playable spiderman has. what the fuck?

Is it BiB spidey? They got a different (better) voice for the BiB suit and superior suit costumes.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got Storm to 41 and hit 150 Odin Marks. It's 300 for a Legendary, right? Crazy. I may actually level more guys to 30 for Synergy bonuses for now, and than pick ssomeone to hit 60 with.

E: Also, any tips on gearing? I typically just donate my entire inventory because it's so overwhelming to compare gear. It's almost stressful...

Rhaknar

The next few reviews are all x-men correct? Cyke and Storm I think? Sucks for me because I already have them at 60 (well sucks in the sense I'm waiting for reviews to level my vanilla heroes)

KePoW

Banned
Also, any tips on gearing? I typically just donate my entire inventory because it's so overwhelming to compare gear. It's almost stressful...

What do you mean? I only pick up yellows or uniques, and it doesn't take long to compare if they're better than what you're wearing.

Rhaknar

Don't even worry about comparing gear until you're 60 it really doesn't matter while leveling

Blank!

What do you mean? I only pick up yellows or uniques, and it doesn't take long to compare if they're better than what you're wearing.

For leveling, anything that grants X skill before it's unlocked (on a good skill) is worth looking at. At worst, it's a preview of what a skill is and if you want to invest in it. You may decide it's not for you. For that reason alone, I would pick up most any piece of junk (usually I draw the line at blue depending on how far I'm outleveling my gear).

Otherwise, I wouldn't really worry about it. With the exceptions of uniques which you should keep around, you'll outlevel the other stuff anyway and then they won't matter. Unless you plan on cosmic prestiging it's pointless.

I'd say the vast majority of artifacts that aren't at least level 45+ are bad. There is a tiny fraction of exceptions, and even those are likely to be phased out over time. Nobody looks for Edge of Infinity anymore.... So go nuts with whatever low level artifacts you have, Scrolls of Pama, regular Super Soldier Serum, regular Starstone Tooth are all excellent early game artifacts because of the sustain they bring but will become obsolete late game.

Rhaknar

I haven't gotten an artifact in fucking ages, did they nerf the drop rates?

Edit: nerf, I hate auto correction

Anoregon

The costume resoultion is fixed on new TC build. No more low res jaggies

Top Bottom