• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't know why I keep doing this to myself, I really need to stop lurking in the test forum it's the worst of worst.

The official forums are a cesspool (as usual with any game)

Lord Phol

The official forums are a cesspool (as usual with any game)

It's not superbad compared to blizzards forums, but yeah there are some rotten eggs in there. On a similar note, the patch might not release on friday because of whiners :(. It's one of few weekends when I'm all alone so I hope they make enough tards happy to be able to release it on friday.

Doomsaw said:
Hi I, quick update for you:

• We made a bunch of improvements to various things today based on test center feedback. They will be available as soon as possible tomorrow morning for review.
  • Test center will be coming down in a matter of hours for that refresh. We'll start a fresh test center forums with threads for everything that needs to be tested.
  • Wolverine and Psylocke will be ready for the patch and we spent the day fine tuning them and making some sweet adjustment.
  • We're shooting for Friday for the patch, but we'll hold it as long as needed to make everything rock solid.
  • Xarex posted today and even chose an avatar.
  • Days of Future Past is getting amazing reviews. Very nice to see that. I am guessing the Sentinels win, but not sure.

Have a good night and we'll see you tomorrow.

It's not superbad compared to blizzards forums, but yeah there are some rotten eggs in there. On a similar note, the patch not release on friday because of whiners :(. It's one of few weekends when I'm all alone so I hope they make enough tards happy to be able to release it on friday.

That's not what he said. He said they will hold it back if its "not rock solid", which is a reasonable position for a company that develops software to take. It's got nothing to do with whiners or tards on the forum, the quality of the update is in question by their customers, and they have to take that into consideration before releasing the update.

Lord Phol

That's not what he said. He said they will hold it back if its "not rock solid", which is a reasonable position for a company that develops software to take. It's got nothing to do with whiners or tards on the forum, the quality of the update is in question by their customers, and they have to take that into consideration before releasing the update.

No it's pretty much just a bunch of whiners on the test center that aren't happy with the rework of wolverine and therefore want to postpone the patch until they can do ZOMG awesome dps with two buttons again. There's nothing stopping Gaz from continue working on the hero after the patch is released, we are even getting another patch with the anniversary which is in about a week. They are never gonna be able to make everyone happy, there's always someone who founds something that bugs them.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
No it's pretty much just a bunch of whiners on the test center that aren't happy with the rework of wolverine and therefore want to postpone the patch until they can do ZOMG awesome dps with two buttons again. There's nothing stopping Gaz from continue working on the hero after the patch is released, we are even getting another patch with the anniversary which is in about a week. They are never gonna be able to make everyone happy, there's always someone who founds something that bugs them.

I've seen people asking to postpone the implementation of the wolverine review, but people asking to postpone the patch itself (with psylocke and whatever else) seems pretty sparse.

Lord Phol

I've seen people asking to postpone the implementation of the wolverine review, but people asking to postpone the patch itself (with psylocke and whatever else) seems pretty sparse.

Exactly which is why you shouldn't always listen to the loudest and angriest.

Well there was also some tuning of cosmic terminals that is getting done before the patch. Not sure what requires more engineering time, but it seems like it's not just the Wolverine/Psylocke stuff. Doomsaw even said they (Wolvie and Psylocke) will be ready for the patch, so I think it's some of the other changes they made that are still being worked through.

edit: Haha, I take it back. Everyone commenting on Doomsaw is talking about fixing Wolverine. There was definitely a test center thread about how the new cosmic difficulty on the test center was way overdone, especially with sentinels appearing randomly, but maybe it is the community's perception of where Wolverine should be.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I tried Loki on the TC last night and instantly liked him. I kind of want to get him immediately but I'm forcing myself to wait to see whats up for the anniversary event.

inky

Anniversary is in a week? Damn. Have they teased anything yet? I was thinking of making an anniversary thread in the gaming section to see if we can get some new folks to try the game.

Anoregon

Anniversary is in a week? Damn. Have they teased anything yet? I was thinking of making an anniversary thread in the gaming section to see if we can get some new folks to try the game.

2 Weeks, I believe. Kicks off June 4th

Lord Phol

Think it's early June so a bit over a week but yeah soon. That would probably be a great idea! I wouldn't be suprised if they give away some free stuff like a hero, team-up or similar.

All I saw about the anniversary was Doomsaw suggesting we take a week off from work, and Brevik saying

Our 1st anniversary is coming up in a few weeks (June 4th) and the entire team is working nonstop to create a superb patch for this exciting and significant event.

inky

Thanks. I need to start making a semi-short list of improvements. Maybe add some pictures and stuff. Last thread I did was when Loki was coming out and I found it hard not to fill an entire post with a list of the most significant changes the game has had. It's going to be nuts.

Anoregon

Indeed. It really is a pretty much totally different game for folks who tried it and dropped it early on (like me).

LuuKyK

Thanks. I need to start making a semi-short list of improvements. Maybe add some pictures and stuff. Last thread I did was when Loki was coming out and I found it hard not to fill an entire post with a list of the most significant changes the game has had. It's going to be nuts.

A thread explaining the changes the game went through, the new characters added, new systems, etc. would be great, please do inky.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i missed the big 10 event (or whatever it was called) since I wasnt playing at the time, so Im really excited about the anniversary one now that im "back"

also, breaks are good. That 2 month or so break I took was the best thing I did, really into it again atm

inky

Thanks for the resources guys. If you have any more suggestions or specific things you want to see please keep them coming.

Rhaknar

Thanks for the resources guys. If you have any more suggestions or specific things you want to see please keep them coming.

whats this for inky, what did I miss? updating the OP?

for whatever it is, a big one in my opinion is a list of all the quest rewards in story mod, so you know which quests you have to do for the points/health/spirit bonuses

like this thread

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Inky, somebody posted an awesome list of all changes since release on the reddit marvel heroes page if you want to look at it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/marvelheroe...ayed_this_game_in_about_11_months_the/chmzxw9

Thanks for this. I actually should level Cyclops for that XP boost and Squirrel Girl for Supervillan damage boost.

Speaking of which, assuming you have access to every hero, which would be the most worth leveling to 25 for synergies that that aren't really "hero specific" (such as +crit, +dodge, etc)?

inky

whats this for inky, what did I miss? updating the OP?

Look above. It's for an anniversary thread in the gaming side to see if we can get some new people in, or bring back others.

I've thought about updating the OP several times, but no one really uses it as far as I can tell. It already has a link to important quest rewards. I know it's not up to date, but I haven't added a new one because I haven't felt people are really asking for it.

Thanks for this. I actually should level Cyclops for that XP boost and Squirrel Girl for Supervillan damage boost.

Speaking of which, assuming you have access to every hero, which would be the most worth leveling to 25 for synergies that that aren't really "hero specific" (such as +crit, +dodge, etc)?

have you seen the mh compendium? there's a whole sheet on synergies on there, under hero synergies.

Cable is great because he gives straight crit, Spiderman gives dodge, Wolverine gives Brutal Strike damage. Most of the others that boost dps give some type of damage i.e. ranged/energy/mental/melee/physical etc. Worth looking through the list and seeing what you would want. Now that I have 10+ heroes it's something I need to start considering as well I guess.

Vecks

Anyone having problems with Eternity Splinter drops?

I played for an hour with no drops.

No problems here.

You probably know this already, but you don't get splinters if the enemies you fight are well below your level. Also, if you don't get splinters in a while, try opening a treasure chest.

Rhaknar

I love Taskmasters first range basic, 1 handed dumping like a badass

also, "if you didnt want to have your ass beat, you shouldnt have gotten into the villainy business" true story :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
have you seen the mh compendium? there's a whole sheet on synergies on there, under hero synergies.

Cable is great because he gives straight crit, Spiderman gives dodge, Wolverine gives Brutal Strike damage. Most of the others that boost dps give some type of damage i.e. ranged/energy/mental/melee/physical etc. Worth looking through the list and seeing what you would want. Now that I have 10+ heroes it's something I need to start considering as well I guess.

I have not - this is good, thanks. I'll check this stuff out.

E: I'm dumb, there is a way to tell.

Rhaknar

am I the only one that only uses "canon" team ups with their heroes, hence being desperate for more being available? :/

am I the only one that only uses "canon" team ups with their heroes, hence being desperate for more being available? :/

No, when possible I do the same. Can't wait to get Havoc so I can run around as a Summers combo.

I actually wanna hold off on finally getting Cable to 60 until Domino is out. Heh...

Rhaknar

No, when possible I do the same. Can't wait to get Havoc so I can run around as a Summers combo.

I actually wanna hold off on finally getting Cable to 60 until Domino is out. Heh...

leveling Taskmaster without Deadpool (well, cowboy deadpool but still) is bumming me out

Vecks

Yay. I found my first ever Thor rune tonight.
I'll have to use it soon as I am running out of room to stash all my stuff.

Wow, nice. I still haven't found any thor or odin runes yet.
To speed up the rune hunt, I've been exchanging uniques for rune boxes, but so far the rarest runes I've gotten out of them are a Sif and Ymir.

Rhaknar

AMA with Doomsaw later tonight

hopefully some teases about the anniversary event, im so excited about it (I really shouldnt be, since I own every hero so a sale for example would be useless for me)

No problems here.

You probably know this already, but you don't get splinters if the enemies you fight are well below your level. Also, if you don't get splinters in a while, try opening a treasure chest.

I have three heroes at 60 and was running cosmic terminals.

I buff SIF and pretty much just play for eternity splinters and cube shards lately.

New costume for Cage (Earth X):

nOVmzdM.png

Vecks

I have three heroes at 60 and was running cosmic terminals.

I buff SIF and pretty much just play for eternity splinters and cube shards lately.

Ah, probably just a weird issue then.

I know that normal treasure chests are tied to the splinter timer (so if you don't find a splinter within 10 minutes, a splinter will definitely fall out of the next normal treasure chest you open), but I don't know if cosmic chests would apply.

Rhaknar

Rogue is officially the 12th character from the advance pack, coming late this year or early next

Vision is confirmed as playable (probably next year)

Nothing that we didn't figure out for ourselves, these AMA answers are always so safe

Edit: Shadowland one shot high on their list

Volimar

Rogue is officially the 12th character from the advance pack, coming late this year or early next

Vision is confirmed as playable (probably next year)

Nothing that we didn't figure out for ourselves, these AMA answers are always so safe

Edit: Shadowland one shot high on their list

Will it be Ms Marvel Rogue, or ordinary Rogue?

Top Bottom