• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

inky

I picked this back after a very long break and I am loving all of the changes. Can I get an invite to the supergroup? I'm currently leveling Nightcrawler and I just finished leveling up Loki and Taskmaster.

I don't know if anyone ever invited you, but if not and you are reading this PM your username. I tried Jube3 but nothing happened. There's a Jube in the guild already, don't know if that's you, but it says it hasn't been on for 333 days so I'm assuming it's not.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Will it be Ms Marvel Rogue, or ordinary Rogue?

Ms marvel powers tree at least

Edit: red FF coatumes for all the members coming confirmed (I didn't even know they were wearing red these days)

Edit: straight from the horses mouth:
"The 2015 short list includes some obvious ones like Ice Man, War Machine, Spider Woman, Ant Man, She Hulk and some big surprises. Obviously a longer list than that."

Edit: 2 interesting tidbits

"Q: Free suff for 1 year anniversary?
A: Log in during that week for 365 gifts of various sizes and shapes. You will be sad if you don't log in."

"Q: Secure Trading when?
A: Next week, most likely, assuming all UI stuff is worked out."

Dec

Q: Achievements, when?

A: July.

Q: Free suff for 1 year anniversary?

A: Log in during that week for 365 gifts of various sizes and shapes. You will be sad if you don't log in.

Q: How long will it take to max Omega?

A: Many months. (I will be proven wrong, I'm sure)

Q: Raid difficulties?

A: Two. Difficult and Difficulter.

Q: Secure Trading when?

A: Next week, most likely, assuming all UI stuff is worked out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Originally posted by CeruleanShadow
When is Magneto being released?

Most likely September 25th.

(Take that Blizzard)

What's this about? Did they announce Warlords of Draenor for September 25th and I missed it?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
oh lol , I read that wrong

;)

45 on Storm. My wife works on Sunday, and then Sunday night she's going out with her friends and spending the night at her house. That means I will be drinking beer and blasting some MH all night. I want to get my first 60 for the XP bonus...After that, I'll probably finish up Thor (I think he's 50 right now), and than tackle Cyclops for that synergy.

It's 4 60's for the best ROI for XP bonus, right? After that, it's only a few % boost?

Lord Phol

Holy hell this game is gonna have legs:

NEW NEWS 05/22/14 DOOMSAW VIA MMORPG.COM Q&A AND RYAN ON TWITCH

When asked about Kitty here was his reply: Kitty Pryde will absolutely 100% be a Team-Up at some point. There is a chance she will also be a fully playable hero, but as you can imagine she is a bit light on abilities, so she is not in the top 10 list for 2015. But there are many years ahead of us...

One shot with Daredevil as leader of the Hand Ninjas for the Shadowland Storyline is high on their list.

Mr. Fantastic, Starlord, Juggernaut, Venom, Magneto, Silver Surfer at the 2014 heroes!! Magneto most likely September 25th. Mr. Fantastic is the 11th Hero from the Advance pack. He is heavily underway and will be released in July. He looks amazing and fun. I might make him my new main hero.

Rogue is the 12th Hero from the Advance Pack. Her release will be late 2014 or first one of 2015. I am 100% sure she is going to be the favorite release for many players. She has so many options available to her. One very unique thing he mention is that she will be able to Steal 1 power from enemies!! Considering the 2014 heroes all seem set, it's looking like first hero of 2015.

Juggy's Fear Itself costume confirmed! But will not for launch day.

We are getting 2 Raids this year!

Ice Man, War Machine, Spider Woman, Ant Man, She Hulk will be playable and have been confirmed for 2015. I'm guessing since 2014 looks set Blade will be seeing 2015.

Mystique will make an appearance in the game in 2015. Hinted she may also be in the game atm, you just don't know it yet. Mystique will be a team up at one point.

Solid Frank, Spider Girl, She-Hulk Teamup, Shared Quests, Veteran Rewards, Midtown Madness Mondays are coming this year!

95% Chance Vision will be playable

75% chance for Dazzler.

Wiccan is definitely planned as an enhanced costume for Scarlet Witch since they can technically share the same powerset. He would also make a very reasonable playable hero on his own, with the design goal of creating a significantly different mechanical play pattern compared to Scarlet Witch.

War Machine will be Rhodey as the base hero.

ETA on Deadpool's rework: He is planned for late summer, after the X-Men finish up and we get Thor, Hulk and Thing complete. He is getting a single-target ranged spirit spender very soon (minigun) since he didn't get shipped with one.

Missions in Space and Underwater confirmed! Classic Iron Man Space suit and/or Hydro armor confirmed!!

When asked about replacing spirit with something else: Both Rage for Hulk and Odin Force for Thor have been discussed, but nothing is final yet. We won't change stuff away from Spirit unless it's extremely flavorful and we can do something interesting with it. There is a hero in the design pipeline right now who uses a different resource than Spirit...

Only a 38% chance on Jamie Madrox... It's not looking good at all for Multiple Man.

Spidey 2099 is most likely going to be an enhanced costume/

When it comes to buffs: Along with, or shortly following the release of raids, we will be expanding the functionality of the buff section in the bottom right of the UI, along with a few other potential improvement to buff visibility in general.

Chaos Terminals have been confirmed!! I'm gonna go with a guess here, but Chaos Terminals are probably bringing Chaos Gear!! Might be the set items that are in the works!

Black Cat will be a team up! 75% she will be playable one day.

Agent Venom will either be a highly enhanced suit for Venom or his own Hero.

Spider-Woman team-up will definitely be this year, probably the second half of the year. She is definitely going to be a playable hero at some point, perhaps at the end of next year.

X-23 is still a side project in development.

Coulson will be a Team-Up Hero for sure. I would say 20% chance he is also playable at some point. Having a SHIELD agent as playable is perfectly reasonable, but he would be in line behind Nick Fury.

Coulson could have Hill as the enhanced costume.

Player housing in some form has been discussed. Nothing super fancy, but perhaps a private training room for your supergroup or yourself is within the realm of possibility, but is not currently on the schedule for this year. I would support the idea. All of the Fantastic Four are getting their new red costumes and their Future Foundation costumes. Reed also has a couple more in the approval process. He has a lot of interesting ones from some of the crazier storylines.

Nova? We are still awaiting a significant event to occur before finalizing and releasing Nova. He is fairly close though.

UI scaling (of various flavors) is on the big task list for the UI engineering team. ETA is unclear, but it's not too far off.

Beta testing for the Omega System will be in 2 weeks. It's getting very close now.

It revolves around some highly-experimental and often mysterious divisions within S.H.I.E.L.D. that are researching every possible method of human augmentation to deal with Omega-Level threats.

Omega-Level Threats include everything from Mjolnir, to Omega-Level mutants, to alien invasions of various kinds. The Omega research divisions within S.H.I.E.L.D. are: Psionics, Nanotechnology, Human Augmentation (includes Super Soldier and Weapon Plus programs), Nueral Enhancement, Radioctive Origins, Arcane Attunement, Molecular Adjustment, Special Weapons Division, Temporal Manipulation, Extra-Dimensional Travel, Interstellar Exploration, Xenobiology and Cosmic Entity Research. The first 8 are known and available to all heroes at launch of the system. The remaining 6 are unlocked through in-game events throughout the year. (Their name hints as to which events unlock them).

Antman will most likely be Hank Pym

Quicksilver is still TBD on what exactly we can do with him in the game.

Fantomex is on the list for the future.. possible teamup.

Sunfire will be considered for a playable hero.

Polaris is someone they want to see playable.

Achievements will be in July

Trading will go live possibly next week.

365 gifts of various sizes for the 1 year celebration!!

Bronx Zoo is waiting on the final boss to be finished along with some zoo animals. As soon as they are done, it will be added to Chapter 2, I believe. Probably by end of summer.

Archangel? Playable (Arch)Angel in 2015 is a fairly safe bet, but not 100% yet. We have discussed options, but haven't settled on the final answer yet. I will let you know once we have a solid decision.

Endless Dungeons are 30% done and are a feature that I will really enjoy when it launches in 90-100 days or so. They are highly replayable group or solo "dungeons" with an element of randomness included. There will be 5 "tilesets" at launch, with more planned on a regular basis.

Shared Quests are in final testing internally and should be ready within 2 weeks. It's a much more robust system than sharing Legendaries are is available for the whole server and will allow heroes to play together, even if they are in slightly different level ranges.

Gk79RBA.jpg

RYAN ON TWITCH

Beta Ray Bill is the next team up!!

No Alpha Flight members planned to be playable yet. Maybe some will be team ups for next year.

Luke Cage Earth X costume confirmed! Looks pretty kool.

Omega Sentinel will always drop his Medallion for the weekend coming up. This weekends and weeks event pic below!

That Wasp looks sweeeet! Glad I got the pack now. Starlord for July and probably Nova not too long after, oh yes :D.

Rhaknar

so... crafting prices went bananas in the latest TV, 100k to remove a stack of relics lol

Lord Phol

Those were the original prices, they discounted them with one of the big patches and now it's reverting back to normal. Not a big deal for me since I'm pretty much always over 200k but I do think they need to raise the credit limit more. They also need to do something about relics, make it like the synergy system or similar.

Rhaknar

must get tasky to 60 before the servers go down!

Wasp looks good.

(edit) Although even Wasp has a curvier hip-to-waist ratio than Psylocke. That makes no sense to me

Yeah, Wasp does look good.
Psylocke looks bad (from the pics Ive seen). At his point Im just hoping she looks better in motion/in game.
Hopefully I'll be rolling a new costume tonight in the blender. I wouldnt mind getting the new Moon Knight one.

Rhaknar

Taskmaster is my 22nd level 60 o/

516063-an18.png

got a shitload of uniques on him (4/5 and 3 xtra chests lol. traded them for a random and got cap's head which i didnt have woot). now the pain of doing heroic and SH story quests sigh. oh well

pretty sure my next is Black Widow, everyone is going to be running around with Betsy and Logan for now, and theres still a lot of Sue's. And I want those drones!

Rhaknar

Do you just run through Normal -> SH once you ding 60??

now I do. i used to do them in the ...proper order (normal at 30ish, heroic at 45ish etc). im also switching to other characters and porting to the places, and then switching back (wheneve possible)

so its actually not that long. Doom castle is long as shit, thats annoying. and CH9 is VERY annoying if the bosses leading to malekith arent dead, and SH loki is always annoying

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
i have no mains. I do have OCD tho :p

One day, I plan to have a full roster of 60's. Seems like it would be pretty fun. But until then, I'll focus on getting my first 4 to 60 and then prioritizing.

E: I bought 2100 G last night, grabbed 2 new storage slots and bought Magik for her passives. I may invest in the Team Up pack at this point since they seem pretty cool to have around, even if only for the passive boosts.

Rhaknar

edit: nvm its a Magik spell lol, just saw mine do it while I was on Storm

that reminds me, need to spec out of Magik on Colossus now that I can just have a perma one

inky

Wasp looking nice, but I'm still not buying the pack (is the pack still even a thing? Probably not). Most of the times I forget to call mine into play and the best effects happen when they are away. I'll just cherry pick with splinters.

I'll also try to have the anniversary thread up today.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I think I'm much more likely to prestige the chars I really like than level every one don't to 60.

The only problem I have with this game right now is storage space. I was trying to not spend any more G's for a little while, but running with a lot of alts (especially during Midtown Madness week) yields a lot of uniques. I might just have to bite the bullet and donate a lot of my non-duplicate uniques.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The only problem I have with this game right now is storage space. I was trying to not spend any more G's for a little while, but running with a lot of alts (especially during Midtown Madness week) yields a lot of uniques. I might just have to bite the bullet and donate a lot of my non-duplicate uniques.

Yeah, I'm hitting that point too. Unique droprate at 60 is decent enough as is, especially with events, that bogging down my inventory with random level 30 items just so I can hopefully toss 3 in the blender lately isn't all that exciting.

Anoregon

Spiderman was my 2nd 60, as I had 2 extra tokens taking up space in my bank thanks to lolrandom box rng

hamchan

I've stopped playing until achievements are added because I have too many other things to play. But I've redeemed every single code so far so it'll be fun to just log in and blow all those boosts at once.

Rhaknar

"Hero Changes

The speed for all travel powers such as Ride and flight abilities has been increased. Rejoice, Ghost Rider racing groups!"

megaton

"Captain America

Captain America will now place his shield on his back during his out of combat animations."

thats a awesome detail

Wasp looking nice, but I'm still not buying the pack (is the pack still even a thing? Probably not). Most of the times I forget to call mine into play and the best effects happen when they are away. I'll just cherry pick with splinters.

I'll also try to have the anniversary thread up today.

Looking forward to it! Just make sure people know that the actual anniversary event isn't for another two weeks or so. The X-Men weekend should be pretty awesome. If anyone wants to run any X-Def, my in-game name is the same as my Gaf name. I'm still debating leaving my supergroup, but a few of my IRL friends promise they are coming back for raids.

Rhaknar

modern costume, while faithful, is too bland and dark for my zoomed out tastes. also the hair looks weird. Default all the way for me with Betsy (also she looks awesome, wtf at ppl complaining :/)

edit: whoa nice upgrade on travel special moves speed, ghost rider's bike actually looks like a bike now :D also lol at random sentinels. was fighting bullseye in chapter 4 and a sentinel just flies down and attacks me. or us actually, i think he was targeting bullseye too

also is it me or are loading times much better after the patch? performance seems better too?

Lord Phol

Apperently the Wasp model was made buy the new guy, he's also doing Alejandra which so far looks pretty sick. Hope to see more from him, might be my favorite Gaz modeler atm.

Rhaknar

hey guys you know what that super fun superheroic loki fight needed? Sentinels, lots of sentinels, yaaaaaaaaaaaay for sentinel party during SH Loki

edit: actually nvm they didnt spawn during Loki, i just assume they would lol. my bad :p SH Loki on the first try still feels great no matter how many times Ive done it

Top Bottom