• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

inky

Hopefully they will have daily or weekly deals giving a good % off.

laffezqbq.gif

I suspect 20-25% off at most, at least in the near future.
Sorry, I just wanted to use the gif :p

This game is honestly pretty awful considering the business model. For $20 you could get Torchlight 2. If you prefer completely F2P, Path of Exile is a much better deal (cosmetics-only shop) and provides a great deal more depth.

All I see here is a buggy mess nickle-and-diming comic book fans to death. I could forgive its many, many shortcomings if anything about the business model wasn't outright gross.

What's interesting was that in the betas, they presented a cash shop where - eventually - 1200 was the highest priced hero, and they went down to 180 for the starter heroes. Then they said "hey guys, guess what? You can't buy any individual heroes. Just these tokens for random heroes, and once you get a hero, the chance of getting a token for that hero goes UP!"

The beta testers cried foul, and rightfully so. So Gazillion relented and brought back the cash shop...with its inflated prices. With my 2000 from the starter pack I bought, I figured I could get Iron Man and then maybe top it off to get a future hero. Now I don't know what I'm gonna do.

Lord Phol

This game is honestly pretty awful considering the business model. For $20 you could get Torchlight 2. If you prefer completely F2P, Path of Exile is a much better deal (cosmetics-only shop) and provides a great deal more depth.

All I see here is a buggy mess nickle-and-diming comic book fans to death. I could forgive its many, many shortcomings if anything about the business model wasn't outright gross.

Yeah it's pretty bad atm, then again you can get pretty much everything for free if you play enough.

Kurod

Banned
Got the cow level recipe earlier.

Need all gold medallions for it + 10k credits

(Open image in new window/tab if you can't see)

Is the recipe the "rare mystery prize" from the fortune cards?

Has anyone here managed to pick up a hero token outisde of the starters on a loot drop? I'm wondering just how rare these are...

Having fun with the game though!

Someone posted a screenshot earlier in the thread of them getting Black Widow from a level 11 trash mob.

Pojo_King

Neo Member
Has anyone here managed to pick up a hero token outisde of the starters on a loot drop? I'm wondering just how rare these are...

Having fun with the game though!

Gartooth

Anyone having trouble getting the game to start? As soon as I log in, all I get is a black screen save for the cursor still appearing.

Edit: Nevermind, got in but it just took a long time.

RPGCrazied

Anyone having trouble getting the game to start? As soon as I log in, all I get is a black screen save for the cursor still appearing.

Edit: Nevermind, got in but it just took a long time.

Black Screen When First Launching Game
6/05/13: We are aware that some players may see a longer than normal delay when first launching the game. Please be patient, your login should continue but may take some minutes. We're working to resolve the issue.

Scirrocco

Welp, thats frustrating. I just beat dr doom and was looking forward to getting a new character. Instead I get the same guy i got after the raft.

RS4-

Ugh, soloed Taskmaster at level 8 or something, left the area through the portal, been sitting at loading screen for the past 5 minutes.

Sounds like I'll just have to end the task and start over again

alba

Little is the new Big
Ugh, soloed Taskmaster at level 8 or something, left the area through the portal, been sitting at loading screen for the past 5 minutes.

Sounds like I'll just have to end the task and start over again

Game's offline right now for a 30 minutes maintenance or whatever :/ Should be back up soon they said.

Neo Child

Banned
cant load game.

installed via steam and after i login to the game on the title screen it just stops loading, i can still move the cursor but nothing is there & i cant do anything

WHYYY

Im looking at the prices for this game on Steam and it is blowing my mind. Who set the prices for this crap? $85 for 4 heroes and 8 costumes in the Avengers Assemble pack? I just don't understand how they came up with these numbers lol.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Been playing the game all morning and loving it so far. They even managed to squeeze 15 dollars out of me which is not easy! But I just couldn't bare playing as Thing any longer and the fact that crafting mats don't stack I needed that extra storage. -_-

Free Heartbreaker iron man costume courtesy of Alienware if you register on their site :)

Thank you sir. I hope to get Iron Man one day.

inky

So if you use the key before having Iron Man is it wasted, or will the costume be waiting for you once you unlock him?

You get the costume, you just won't be able to use it until you have Iron Man unlocked.

Game is back up, and the costume is already in =)

RPGCrazied

You get the costume, you just won't be able to use it until you have Iron Man unlocked.

Game is back up, and the costume is already in =)

Nice. Hope it drops for me soon. 80% on the client download, I'm not going to play while the client downloads, it screwed up on me last time.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Out of curiosity what would everyone feel is an acceptable price to pay for a hero ? From a business move it's obviously very clever to price heroes like Spiderman etc much higher as they are much more popular. From my/our perspective I was the same as many folk here 'you're charging THAT for Spiderman!' though thankfully Punisher/Hulk didn't cost me too much (and will do me for a while). Genuinely curious.

Out of curiosity what would everyone feel is an acceptable price to pay for a hero ? From a business move it's obviously very clever to price heroes like Spiderman etc much higher as they are much more popular. From my/our perspective I was the same as many folk here 'you're charging THAT for Spiderman!' though thankfully Punisher/Hulk didn't cost me too much (and will do me for a while). Genuinely curious.

I'd say $15 max. If you think about it and compare it to other popular F2P games, it's a fair price. The cheapest you can get a newly released League of Legends champion is $10. The heroes in Marvel take far more development time and resources to create. They have lots more skills, they have more animations, sfx, and better graphics in general. I wouldn't pay more than $15 and it would have to be like Emma Frost. <3

inky

$5-$10, $15 if it's brand new, but I think that's pushing it.

anddo0

$5-$10 MAX.

Savitar

I managed to get the game downloaded to 80% or so, but it seems stuck on that. I can play the game, did the RAFT, but when I went back to Avengers Tower I got stuck with a loading screen that didn't seem to want to end.

Bah.

And yes the pricing model for this game is batshit nuts.

RPGCrazied

I'm happy they're getting used fast. 6k already. It's a good sign of interest in the game at least.

I had a lot of fun with it this morning. Aside the fact I can't get AA to work, and I had to redownload the entire client again. If I can get AA to work, I will stay with this game longer than most F2P games. Though I won't be spending $20 on 1 hero, forget that noise.

On the subject of price I think basically cutting everything in half would be reasonable.

Less popular characters $5
More popular characters $10
Costumes / Stash / Everything else $2.50 - $5

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Where do you enter the iron man suit key, in-game?

alba

Little is the new Big
Holy shit $20 for Iron Man ?! Muahahahahhaa.

I paid the same amount for the Iron Man starter pack a long time ago, it's crazy. They retired all the "selling" characters and put all of them in $60 premium pack, I wish they'd still offer the starting ones on top, oh well.... Heartbreaker looks awesome ingame btw.

On the subject of price I think basically cutting everything in half would be reasonable.

Less popular characters $5
More popular characters $10
Costumes / Stash / Everything else $2.50 - $5

I'd agree. I got a started pack, and due to cost, i basically just have to sit on it until Squirrel Girl comes out and hope she isn't 20 dollars.

Top Bottom