• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think the general consensus is that most characters get much better around 20. Rocket Raccon becomes an entirely different animal (no pun intended) once he opens his gravity mine and charge laser. I should probably take advantage of this infinite rested XP bug plus some XP potions to bring a few more characters to 15+ while I can. I just need to figure out an efficient means.

I agree with you 100%. The game looks great to me. And to think there were people in the beta forums saying the game had PS2 graphics.
One thing I forgot to mention is the physics. Reminds me of D3's physics and destruction, which is a good thing.

Fuck I‘m addicted to this game. When I’m not playing I think about playing. And I’ve got 5 more characters coming my way. What exams?
THAT'S when you know it's a good game, I had the same feeling when I woke up this morning.

When you start playing, are you automatically meant to get allocated to games with other people in them?
Maybe its just that no one was playing near where I live, in that case?
There's an option box in the options menu that says "join parties automatically" and that's on by default. Is that what you're talking about? I really like this feature. No need to queue for match-making, it just automatically puts you in a party if other players are starting the same instance.

I wish I could play this with my MS controller.
I know its traditional to play Diablo-esque games with a mouse, but this is going to give me terrible RSI.
Its not the most efficient way to play, but I use my 360 controller via xpadder just fine. My settings:
Sticks move cursor. Face buttons are lmb/rmb/ability 1 n 2. Shoulders / Triggers are 3-5 n shift. Left analog click is ability 6 (always medpack for me). Right analog click is hero swap. Dpad are shortcuts to powers inventory, social and map. Back is alt and start is escape.

I wouldn't worry, I bet he will be added into the game later on! He's quite popular.

Yeah I hope so! It still irks me he has never been in any of the cross over fighting games. Loved playing him in Legends but he doesn't get enough love in games!

So far I am digging it. I was hoping movement could be set to wasd. It does seem like the abilities are meant to make up for the lack of precise and quick movement.

Umm so it gave me The Thing as my first new character who just happens to be my least favorite character in the entire lineup.

Should i just make a new account and replay the prologue?

Vecks

Yeah I hope so! It still irks me he has never been in any of the cross over fighting games. Loved playing him in Legends but he doesn't get enough love in games!

So far I am digging it. I was hoping movement could be set to wasd. It does seem like the abilities are meant to make up for the lack of precise and quick movement.

Umm so it gave me The Thing as my first new character who just happens to be my least favorite character in the entire lineup.

I think you're going to get another starting character as a quest reward later on as well, for a total of 3. And you're gonna get other random hero drops anyway, so I don't think there's much point in restarting.

Thing is fun and can get around the map fast with his Rock Charge ability. Like you, I also don't like his actual character in the Marvel lore but he's fun to play and the only really 'tanky' character from the starter group. If you're just at the beginning then starting over wouldn't be a big deal I think but like Vecks said you get a 3rd quest reward starter character later (not sure when, I'm 17 and haven't gotten the third yet), and they are rare drops as well.

jrcbandit

I started Scarlet Witch so I can clear minions at higher levels via AOE with ease. However, which character should I play/purchase that is a good high level boss killer since Scarlet Witch is one of the worst at it? I am willing to purchase a single character, but I don't really want to buy multiple to test them out since the pricing is too high IMO.

Deadly

I started Scarlet Witch so I can clear minions at higher levels via AOE with ease. However, which character should I play/purchase that is a good high level boss killer since Scarlet Witch is one of the worst at it? I am willing to purchase a single character, but I don't really want to buy multiple to test them out since the pricing is too high IMO.
I'm going through the same, Scarlet Witch just sucks vs. Bosses...

sophora

Fuck I‘m addicted to this game. When I’m not playing I think about playing. And I’ve got 5 more characters coming my way. What exams?

I feel you dude, fighting the urge to play right now since I NEED to eat haha. Kind of sucks this weekend I have social stuff going on so I'll be away from the PC mostly. Running Hawkeye right now and got Storm as my extra hero.

RPGCrazied

I'm really liking the game, just wish I could get some aliasing to work. Sad to see I don't see that option in the game. Only have daredevil and hawkeye so far. When do you get costumes? Armor and weapons don't change appearance sadly.

sophora

I'm really liking the game, just wish I could get some aliasing to work. Sad to see I don't see that option in the game. Only have daredevil and hawkeye so far. When do you get costumes? Armor and weapons don't change appearance sadly.

Costumes are random drops and can happen anytime I believe. I've found them in the beta from; destroying stuff in the environment, mobs, bosses. Don't think there's a loot guide yet.

Thing is fun and can get around the map fast with his Rock Charge ability. Like you, I also don't like his actual character in the Marvel lore but he's fun to play and the only really 'tanky' character from the starter group. If you're just at the beginning then starting over wouldn't be a big deal I think but like Vecks said you get a 3rd quest reward starter character later (not sure when, I'm 17 and haven't gotten the third yet), and they are rare drops as well.

Yeah, just never a big fan of Tank characters or classes. Always play DPS or Controllers. Healing and Tanking I always leave to others no matter the game.

I made a second account anyway as I was planning to try out Scarlet Witch anyway as I can never get enough of my Omega level ladies and what do you know I get Storm as the first unlock! I guess I shall make this account my primary one!

Everyone please add me because I hate soloing!
BudokaiNinja

When I put on an artifact does it bind to Thing only or can I put on any character on the account?

2) How the heck do you find your DPS or any kind of damage numbers? I can't tell which weapons do more damage

inky

Artifacts bind on equip like the rest of the gear. You can unbind them with an item got from the Fortune Cards. It's pretty common, you should get some during endgame.

I need to start making more GIFs, hehe, but I also need to get better at placing the gifcam:

http://abload.de/img/3210doki.gif

RPGCrazied

I've tried playing the game twice today. Every time I click on the button to login, I get a black screen. What's going on?

I was playing while downloading the client. Now when I try and start the client again I get a grey play button and my game client isn't resuming the download.

I've tried playing the game twice today. Every time I click on the button to login, I get a black screen. What's going on?

I have run into that twice out of like 4 tries.
In my case It seems to screw up the resolution when going full screen so maybe make sure your default resolution is a fairly standard one. Thats my guess at least!

Edit: oh i think I misunderstood. My problem is when I hit the play button on the launcher

Foofaraw

I am bummed at how frequently I get disconnected from the game, but I still keep playing. Gotta cast them lightning bolts with my weather witch. Is there any trick to getting lots of special item find or am I being foolish for trying this while running through the game?

Tadale

I think for this kind of game, I would have actually preferred more of a hub system for finding groups. Stumbling in to a crowd of seriously like 40 guys (20 of them Hawkeye) pegging away at a boss isn't exactly fun. I'd rather be forced to make a small group with battles that have to be handled a little more tactically.

Having a lot of fun though, especially for a free to play game. I think $10 for a character is fair, considering that you don't pay any up front. $20 is steep, though, and especially $20 for a costume.

EDIT: I was also very impressed with its stability on the first day. I had no disconnections after about 3 hours of play, and no real lag even in huge group events.

RPGCrazied

Anyone guess whats wrong with my issue? I had the full game about 81% done, but when I try launching the launcher again, it scans all the files, and doesn't resume the download and I get a grey play button.

Dunlop

Cable gets much better when he hits his 20s, he becomes a crazy AoEDoT monster with a skill that prevents 90% of things that can hurt you. Some of the powers seem poorly balanced though, for example my telekentic shield only provides 30% damage resistance for 5 seconds where where as the skill he gets before it in the tree provides a barrier that practically nothing can get through which will defend your entire party for a short duration.

I'm really digging Cable and am only lvl 12 atm. Need to figure out which other character I should level for a different experience

Have:

DareDevil
Hawkeye
1000G (will pony more money for a 1200 toon, but no way am I doing 2000G)

Is there any logic behind the price differences or is it basically "these guys have movies which rake in fucktons of cash so we know people will pay"?

I really want Iron Man and Spidey as those are two of my favorite heroes.
But goddamn 4000G for both is a little ridiculous.

I could understand if paying that much unlocked all the costumes or something as well but damn....

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there any logic behind the price differences or is it basically "these guys have movies which rake in fucktons of cash so we know people will pay"?

I really want Iron Man and Spidey as those are two of my favorite heroes.
But goddamn 4000G for both is a little ridiculous.

I think you nailed it. Prices based on popularity.

I'm enjoying this game a ton, I find myself having a LOT more fun with it than I did with Diablo III. I'm pretty sure I'll put money into it at some point considering I feel that it's well deserved. F2P games like this put a smile on my face, when it's done right, it's an awesome feeling. A co-worker of mine is just getting into PC gaming, so I told him to check it out and he said that it's crazy because he's so happy with the game that he feels like he paid for it and he didn't.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
I got Wolverine's Days of Futures Past costume out of a fortune card! Unfortunately, it seems like I can't craft a visual effect on to it? Anyone know if there's done sort of limitation?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Odd. I had no problems playing yesterday, but today, I hit Log In and get the same black screen everyone else mentioned. The cursor is there, but it's just sitting...

SUPARSTARX

Got the cow level recipe earlier.

Need all gold medallions for it + 10k credits

598293D68363D71E31B7B12738FC81F140CE4785

(Open image in new window/tab if you can't see)

ElRenoRaven

You know looking over the list of character and costume prices together like that really makes one thing clear to me. At no point should a costume for a character cost more then the actual character. That's just so screwed up.

Mikor

You know looking over the list of character and costume prices together like that really makes one thing clear to me. At no point should a costume for a character cost more then the actual character. That's just so screwed up.

All we can hope is that a low enough % of the total playerbase buys into the costumes enough to make Gazillion pay attention and lower their prices to reasonable levels.

Of course, Perfect World Entertainment and other F2P publishers seem to do OK pricing for whales only, so maybe that's part of the plan all along.

The logic was that in the betas they gave people limited amounts of cash shop cash and they saw which heroes people were buying the most. They based it on the demand.

RPGCrazied

Wow, guess I have to redownload the game. Protip don't play while you are still downloading the client, can screw up. Or at least it did for me.

Yeah before looking at the in game store I thought the idea was that you could buy a version of the character with each costume attached. Did not realize it you need to buy the character and then a costume again on top of that.

CzarTim

This game is honestly pretty awful considering the business model. For $20 you could get Torchlight 2. If you prefer completely F2P, Path of Exile is a much better deal (cosmetics-only shop) and provides a great deal more depth.

All I see here is a buggy mess nickle-and-diming comic book fans to death. I could forgive its many, many shortcomings if anything about the business model wasn't outright gross.

Top Bottom