• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmm werent they supposed to make it so heroes had all of the same sort of damage so itemization and whatnot would be easier?

Black Widow still has some energy based moves instead of physical :/

New guy is promising, but my favorite modeler is Tyler for sure. Some of my favorite models are the ones he's made

And Tyler did the Ghost Rider stuff, which IMO is amongst the best in the game. Default is so good I don't even want to buy any other costumes.

YehCXPj.png

I'll also try to have the anniversary thread up today.

Sure you don't want to wait till next week so we're closer to the anniversary? I figure if people are going to get into the game, it would be better if it's close to point where free stuff is raining on them to keep them hooked.

As for the thread itself, definitely make sure you add a lot of pictures. Bitches love pictures. Here's a good "current roster" image you can use too.

inky

And Tyler did the Ghost Rider stuff, which IMO is amongst the best in the game. Default is so good I don't even want to buy any other costumes.

He, when I won a free pack during one of the streams they asked me which one and I was tempted to say Ghost Rider because I had missed it for free during the Advance Pack offer. But after careful consideration I decided that his base costume was just excellent and I'd rather have Gambit's pack (even though it was "less value") because I definitely wanted his trenchcoat costume. Guess who did that one too? ;)

Sure you don't want to wait till next week so we're closer to the anniversary? I figure if people are going to get into the game, it would be better if it's close to point where free stuff is raining on them to keep them hooked.

I might, yes. I was planning on making the OP about the changes, then updating it next week with the specific anniversary info, but I think I'm just going to wait till next week so it doesn't feel like I'm just bumping it because. Maybe some more info surfaces in the meantime and it gives me time to not rush it out. I'll just do an outline today.

It also gives me more time to get more screenshots like you said. I just don't want the thread to feel like those threads that copy paste an infographic and it looks like I'm part of the PR team. Heck, I'm probably the most negative person about the game in this thread already, but they don't know that ;P

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
hmm werent they supposed to make it so heroes had all of the same sort of damage so itemization and whatnot would be easier?

Black Widow still has some energy based moves instead of physical :/

The intentionally left some heroes with multiple damage types across different builds, but now cores can drop with multiple damage types. Black panther still has energy and physical, but any given build generally uses one or the other, for the most part.

KePoW

Banned

I agree with this!

And hey Frost, aren't you the inside Gaz dev who teased that X-23 was coming out this patch, cause it's May 23rd?

Man you snookered me!!

inky

Thanks. I own them all now, so I can't really see the price anymore They used to be like $20 at launch didn't they? LOL.

I agree with this!

And hey Frost, aren't you the inside Gaz dev who teased that X-23 was coming out this patch, cause it's May 23rd?

Man you snookered me!!

I was trying to keep the hype alive
just for fun/messing around.

Thanks. I own them all now, so I can't really see the price anymore They used to be like $20 at launch didn't they? LOL.

Man, not only were they $20, but they were such awful characters at the time. Just thinking of launch state Iron Man makes me sad.

New guy is promising, but my favorite modeler is Tyler for sure. Some of my favorite models are the ones he's made:

All of these look fantastic in game
when you get rid of jaggies and blur :p
http://www.tylerfermelis.com/

His work all looks amazing. Misty was the one thing I liked about using Luke Cage. I hope she'll one day be playable. Does he post on the Marvel forums? I only ever seem to hear about Dinks work. I assumed that was because she is the only artist who posts there.

I will say this about Psylocke. She looks much better now than she did standing out the front of X Mansion. I still think her proportions need a touch up, but maybe this is as good as we'll get if Dink HAS to use that shonky skeleton. The shoulders bother me the most right now (followed by the ass and the hips).

So many things broken with this patch. Attack speed boosts show up as coding text on objects like nightcrawler's boots. Kirigiri the undying is almost impossible to kill with his healing being super buffed.

Xevren

So many things broken with this patch. Attack speed boosts show up as coding text on objects like nightcrawler's boots. Kirigiri the undying is almost impossible to kill with his healing being super buffed.

Yeah every time I went to xdef we got Kirigiri like immediately and it was impossible to kill him. Kind of hard to take advantage of the xdef buff when that's there.

On another note, really impressed with Psylocke. Her thrust movement skill is probably my favorite movement skill in the game, so good.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
new code

2015 = fortune card, fortune card 2 and fortune card 5

Vecks

Day runes are actually dropping for me now. Got like 4 in under an hour. Just need one more and I'll have all 3 of those recipes.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
We figured out what's happening with Kirigi - ironically, it's due to a bug fix, specifically with the Hand Sorcerers heal power that was not working properly. Now that it's working, Kirigi is being healed by the Hand Sorcerers.

We can't prevent him from being healed at all with live tuning, so we're going to simply reduce his health by half to compensate right now.

Let me know how that goes - maybe we leave the heal schtick in if with half health it's doable.

:D

LuuKyK

EOl9fAx.png

Change E3 for Marvel Heroes and Uncharted for Psylocke. :p

I am inclined to believe the entire userbase of the game bought her. lol

Maylocke seems to be a success. All hail the psychic queen.

And yeah every boss is dropping a day rune on x-def. I've got around 12 so far from five runs. Something like that.

I also noticed I picked up a lot of Day Runes (which is strange, because most of the runes I only have one of, maybe two. I think I got 5 from one run on X-Defense). What are they used for? Also, should I be keeping these runes? They take up a lot of space, but I've saved every one I've come across.

Dec

I also noticed I picked up a lot of Day Runes (which is strange, because most of the runes I only have one of, maybe two. I think I got 5 from one run on X-Defense). What are they used for? Also, should I be keeping these runes? They take up a lot of space, but I've saved every one I've come across.

Runes are used with an Enchanter to enchant Uru-Forged items which are rare drops from pretty much anything and go in their own item slot.

Day Runes are used as currency to the events vendor exclusively I believe. Check out the event vendor in any base, near the eternity splinter vendor.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The intentionally left some heroes with multiple damage types across different builds, but now cores can drop with multiple damage types. Black panther still has energy and physical, but any given build generally uses one or the other, for the most part.

I see, well that sucks :/ i barely played her yesterday because I just crashed shortly after finishing SH on Tasky, right off the bat (from only doing the prologue) I loved her range basic (love her dual weild stance) and I liked the big widowpower (or whatever her special resource is called) spender, also because of her badass stance / animation shooting it.

I did NOT love her roll tho, it is squirrel girl level of terrible, please tell me she has a better movement option :/

Anyway, it is BW Saturday for me, wonder if I can go 1-60 in one day (time wise you easily can with boosts and shit, but I usually take breaks)

EOl9fAx.png

And yeah every boss is dropping a day rune on x-def. I've got around 12 so far from five runs. Something like that.

that happens with every new hero, which is why I usually save them for later

Squirrel Girl's roll is actually good now. Hawkeye's roll should be the new standard of shit-tier.

oh really? I need to give her a try again one fo these days... so wait, youre saying Natash does NOT get a good movement option? youre killing me here frost

Xevren

EOl9fAx.png

To be fair, damn near every time a new character comes out a lot of people will be playing said person. Just like when Invisible Woman came out they were everywhere.

Rhaknar

preliminary thoughts on 'Tasha around level 25

- Im struggling to find spells I like. I love rolling grenades, and I assume ill love the drones, but thats about it. even from the descriptions of the later spells theres nothing grabbing me (i didnt like sniper shot on punisher so i wont like it here either for example)

- her special mechanic is boring

- her signature seems meh, was hoping for another gadget, not a stealth / damage buff

thats about it for now

Lord Phol

Man this artifact is amazing:

UvQ6GnP.jpg

It comes in 3 variants, Physical, Mental and Energy. Had two drop from Mega Sentinel in X-Def, but their rolls were pretty bad, still cool though. Itemization in this game is starting to look really good IMO.

GManDH

for you guys that watch twitch, anyone know how the streamers make those icons that let you click and takes you to a site??? i mean the design not the hyperlink.

Teggy

I did NOT love her roll tho, it is squirrel girl level of terrible, please tell me she has a better movement option :/

I've been using the line swing for the damage/knockdown. The stealth on the roll is nice, but not having damage any more sucks and the fact that you can't hold the button down anymore and keep traveling is annoying. It looked really stupid, but at least it was handy.

Rhaknar

I've been using the line swing for the damage/knockdown. The stealth on the roll is nice, but not having damage any more sucks and the fact that you can't hold the button down anymore and keep traveling is annoying. It looked really stupid, but at least it was handy.

i tried the swing but its the same distance it seems and no stealth so went back to the roll, meh. I need mah drones, come on 47

edit: lots of crying on the forums about them nerfing the one-shot, because now its too easy with a group... err, werent one-shots supposed to be tuned for solo play? :/

Blank!

i tried the swing but its the same distance it seems and no stealth so went back to the roll, meh. I need mah drones, come on 47

edit: lots of crying on the forums about them nerfing the one-shot, because now its too easy with a group... err, werent one-shots supposed to be tuned for solo play? :/

It went way too far the other way. The protect events you can just trigger and leave and they'll be fine.

KePoW

Banned
Opened my surprise loot explosion this morning and got a level 60 unique and a a level 60 cosmic Doom medallion. Not bad.

WOW wtf, that's a serious score.

How do you lucky dawgz get such good loot all the time? Xevren was telling me yesterday he has over 30 Uniques just for Dr. Strange... I mean wtf, how the heck do you get that many for just one character?!? Considering there's like 30 on the roster now, jeez

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

How do you lucky dawgz get such good loot all the time? Xevren was telling me yesterday he has over 30 Uniques just for Dr. Strange... I mean wtf, how the heck do you get that many for just one character?!? Considering there's like 30 on the roster now, jeez

I was shocked to be honest - I normally don't score as well as others. Although now that I think about it, my Storm is kit out in like, all uniques at the moment...

Rhaknar

Dude I told you earlier in the thread, they completely changed the damage on drones from Launch. That's been long gone.

I don't care about damage (I've said that many times). I mean the graphics. The old ones look much better :/

Rhaknar

The cards from the 2015 code seem to be a MK1, a MK2 and a MK5

Edit: XMEN141 is also a code, 2hour xp boost

Xevren

Just by playing man, there's no secret. I amassed a bunch on Strange just because I played him a lot and was waiting for a new hero I liked enough to do some exchanges for, have all but slot 5 on Psylocke so I'm happy.

Top Bottom