• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

I put 3 costumes in the blender tonight and got Moon Knights black costume!
Im super happy about this because I held off playing him until I got something other than the default outfit to wear. It wasnt the new MK costume I asked for in my previous post, but it was very close :)
Overall, my blender costume luck has been pretty good, even though Ive never gotten an Enhanced costume.

Volimar

I've been using the unique blender, with mixed results. Some good any hero uniques, and then a deadpool one...

Now I have the deadpool pulp costume and a deadpool unique. But no deadpool.

Is it a sign?

I got a cosmic mole man medallion and a Wonderman Uniform. I also got a Mini-Vision pet from one of the cards. I'm happy with the pet, didn't have one so that's cool.

Dec

Loots explosion gave me Grim Reaper cosmic medallion. Seems useful since I'm playing Daredevil right now.

Also... how fucking good is Daredevil? Having a lot of fun with him and his damage, aoe and single is crazy high. Been reading Daredevil: Man Without Fear while I get him to 60.

Edit: As a side note, I've been putting off playing Diablo 3 so hard to play this game and a huge part of it is comics. I've read comics before but never really dug into them so it's been quite fun for me to read some comics about the character I'm currently playing and it's making me enjoy the game a lot more. I love reading and playing games, so combining them is very nice and all the references to things they say in game, and abilities they have are fresh in my mind.

Wallach

Loots explosion gave me Grim Reaper cosmic medallion. Seems useful since I'm playing Daredevil right now.

Also... how fucking good is Daredevil? Having a lot of fun with him and his damage, aoe and single is crazy high. Been reading Daredevil: Man Without Fear while I get him to 60.

Really, really strong. I think he sort of flies under the radar (no pun intended) because of how bad the perception was with him for a long time. Probably the strongest of current melees alongside Colossus; one of the ones that I think is advantaged compared to most of the ranged in the game currently. Melee in general has become pretty strong as of late.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Nabbed the final unique for Storm, so I'm 46 in full unique gear. Once I start gearing her at 60, I'll start to care more about the affixes.

Also, I asked in chat, but for another point of reference...Do boosts countdown when you aren't logged in?

Dec

Nabbed the final unique for Storm, so I'm 46 in full unique gear. Once I start gearing her at 60, I'll start to care more about the affixes.

Also, I asked in chat, but for another point of reference...Do boosts countdown when you aren't logged in?

No, and not while in a hub either I think.

Blank!

Just cards, really. Ghost Boxes aren't really useful imo.

Cards only good if you have any faith in boosts at all or really like the mark 1 costumes (not a fan of either). Ghost boxes may suck, but there's at least some gameplay relevant useful shit in them... rare as hell of course but they're there.

Or just save them up and something may come along down the road.

I hope the Unstable Molecule drop rate gets boosted back to its normal level soon.
I am now down to 28 (from 40), but am worried I will run out fast if I have to upgrade too many Unique items, and roll too many blender costumes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my cards were useless as usual. blue mist artifact, credit boost and SIF boost

Gothos

He's a fucking beast to the point that I have zero pleasure in playing other heroes :p He has great single target dps, really nice aoe, self heal and nice defensive mechanisms and good damage if he needs to kite. Just a complete package :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I need to do a pass on all my characters one of these days and do all my costume buffs, havent done those in ages (besides the cores)

also, Black Widow makes 23 lvl 60s o/

ended up enjoying her. not amongst my faves but still cool. she clicked when I decided on the poison cloud as my last spell, which works nicely with drones and rolling grenades for lots of aoe

I used the explosives and detonator when I levelled Widow a few weeks back.
She is a fun character IMO. I also really like her Guile-esque flash kick, as a movement power.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Storm is 58...I want to make that final stretch, but man does XP slow down without 5 stacks of the buff candy. Too bad it's so expensive to buy them, otherwise I'd have a mondo stack of them for leveling all my guys, ha.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Really, really strong. I think he sort of flies under the radar (no pun intended) because of how bad the perception was with him for a long time. Probably the strongest of current melees alongside Colossus; one of the ones that I think is advantaged compared to most of the ranged in the game currently. Melee in general has become pretty strong as of late.

That's not how you spell Moon Knight.

For real though? I hated levelling DD so I stopped at 50, and my Colossus is kind of just sitting there at 60. Mostly too boring to play, just spamming one slow move over and over again.

Loving the shit out of Psylocke so far though, some bugs aside (Assassinate is garbage atm, works like half the time and damage is low compared to Falling Lotus).

Xevren

I really wanted to like assassinate, but it's just kind of wonky right now. If your target moves even a little bit it will probably miss which sucks.

LuuKyK

Bias aside, I am loving Psylocke too. She is so versatile. I already tried quite a few builds on her and they are all mostly fun.

I wasn't feeling Psylocke at all. Most of her moves felt awkward, she's really slow for a ninja, and all in all felt pretty boring to play. I moved on to Strange as I got him as a free hero with the last code and I'm loving him so far. His abilities and his animation make him an authentic representation of the character where as Psylocke's really lacking.

Lord Phol

I think she's great and plays alot like the psychic ninja she is in the comics, much thanks to the visuals and animations. The inlcusion of an alternative resource and pretty much 3 full trees of active powers makes for a ton of different builds. Having two damage types as well as melee and ranged powers brings another set of options. It's gonna be tough to come up with a build that has all my favorite powers while still being effective.

Vecks

I think she's great and plays alot like the psychic ninja she is the comics, much thanks to the visuals and animations. The inlcusion of an alternative recource and pretty much 3 full trees of active powers makes for a ton of different builds. Having two damage types as well as melee and ranged powers brings another set of options. It's gonna be tough to come up with a build that has all my favorite powers while still being effective.

Indeed, it has been tough for me to come up with a solid build. I usually try maximizing effectiveness by sticking with a few powers that I feel have good synergy, but even though I'm mainly focusing on the ninja tree I still feel like I'm spreading out my points too much.
I don't even want to give up assassinate, because I love backstabbing.

Dec

I've bought two random boxes so far and got Colossus then Cable. I don't know how good these heroes are but both seem pretty enjoyable so far.

I'm going to keep randoming but I actually really want to try spider-man and Dr. Strange. I just had to get 400 for Rocket before getting into randoms though.

MisterNoisy

Just started this and am having some good mindless fun. Rocking a Storm AoE build and having a good time. Any recommendations for noobs?

Rhaknar

Thinking about ignoring my "only level 52reviews" rule and level Hulk after BW. It seems the next few reviews are characters I already have at 60 (cyclops, storm) so Hulk won't be anytime soon, and I've been jonesing to get back to him since buying the marvel now costume.

Rhaknar

Wanted to ask this earlier when I was actually home and not at work but does anyone have a surplus of ranged uru forged they want to get rid of? I have a million melee ones for trade if anyone needs those (I'm talking about level 50 ones if course)

Vecks

Just started this and am having some good mindless fun. Rocking a Storm AoE build and having a good time. Any recommendations for noobs?

Don't sell stuff unless you really need the credits. Just donate unwanted items to rank up crafter. Except for uniques.
They don't have much value in credits, so if you can (that is, if you've got enough stash space), try to hold onto uniques so you can exchange duplicates at the crafter.
Don't bother picking up all the crafting ingredients you find. Just get what you need, or you'll be running out of space fast.
Legendary quests (start at lv20) are still, mostly, the best source of XP.
Try to focus leveling one character first to 60, for hero synergy xp. IIRC, you get like 30% or something for getting one character up to 60. You can see the details of this in the tooltip in game, under stats of your hero.
Game is pretty easy overall, so don't worry about your build until much later. Try out different powers and see what works for you. You get 3 free retcons per hero (one from each difficulty).
I'm not sure if this is mentioned in game, but I'm 89.6% certain you can use the team up inventory space to store stuff even if you don't have a team up.

For scheduled/times events, promo codes (to redeem for free in-game goodies), and general MH news, http://www.hub4heroes.com/ is pretty good.
People will post the newest promo codes here and in game (if you're in the supergroup), but some older codes may still work, so still worth checking/trying out older codes.

All the wikis are horribly outdated. Don't bother looking at them.
If you want most up-to-date info on all the stuff in the game this compendium offers everything.
If you prefer something that looks nicer, there's a website version here
Not as up-to-date as the google docs, but still much, much better than the wikis.

Back on deck the last few days after a month of holiday away.

Got my Storm and Moon Knight to 60 and late last night my Thing to 60.

Moon Knight is probably my favourite melee character at the moment. Of the ones I've used, he's easily the most fun and the most rewarding. Focused completely on +crit and +brutal with all my items, so he's doing insane damage now, especially at the end of Gruesome Frenzy. Crit/Brutal strikes over 1 million damage!

Currently working with a Lvl50 Nightcrawler who I'm also enjoying and will likely start Wolverine next now that he's had the 52 review (though I haven't been hearing great things).

Got a cosmic Magneto medallion myself out of that loot explosion thing.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Looks like marvelbase is up to date. Taskmaster, IW, and Psylocke are added, as well as Wolverine post-review.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Experienced a wonderful boon party tonight. Wow. Super generous community!

Also, no offense to GAF, but I joined a super active supergroup and ran some 60 X-Def with Storm. Such a huge difference when you run with people who know what they're doing! The GAF group is awesome I'm sure, but there are only a few active members left...

KePoW

Banned

Also, no offense to GAF, but I joined a super active supergroup and ran some 60 X-Def with Storm. Such a huge difference when you run with people who know what they're doing! The GAF group is awesome I'm sure, but there are only a few active members left...

I always say hi in GAF sg chat and try to talk things up, but nobody seems to like to talk as much as me.

Well Xevren usually talks back so he's cool, but others are very quiet even if they're on lol.

Rhaknar

I never have my chat window up becaue i keep clicking it by mistake and typing instead of doing spells >_>

anyway, resumed my 30 Hulk (now 41), god I missed him, he's probably my favorite hero in the game. I honestly think those leaps are one of the most satisfying things ive ever done in a videogame. If they ruin that part of him with the eventual review I will be seriously bummed out

Finaika

I always say hi in GAF sg chat and try to talk things up, but nobody seems to like to talk as much as me.

Well Xevren usually talks back so he's cool, but others are very quiet even if they're on lol.

Is there a NeoGAF supergroup?

Top Bottom