• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Lord Phol

My SG is kind of dead atm, though I think it might get a bit better when raids arrive. I've been thinking about leaving it for the gaf guild but it's kind of nice being in an EU-centric SG where those few people who play, play alot.

It's kind of a curse in general at Neogaf that most guilds die out pretty fast :p, though the FFXIV:ARR and GW2 guilds have done pretty well. Would be sweet if you guys see an increase in players when inky is done with the anniversary thread.

GManDH

My SG is kind of dead atm, though I think it might get a bit better when raids arrive. I've been thinking about leaving it for the gaf guild but it's kind of nice being in an EU-centric SG where those few people who play, play alot.

It's kind of a curse in general at Neogaf that most guilds die out pretty fast :p, though the FFXIV:ARR and GW2 guilds have done pretty well. Would be sweet if you guys see an increase in players when inky is done with the anniversary thread.

dude ive been thinking that since we started. also when ppl play more it causes other ppl to play more. you can play alone for hours but if you play with someone else you can play for days, imo. i need to take care of some stuff in my life but once its done, 2-3 months, i want to start playing 8-10 hours like i use to at launch. would be awesome if i had ppl to play with from the SG. everyone here is VERY helpful, but most of the time we play solo more than parties.

Xevren

Experienced a wonderful boon party tonight. Wow. Super generous community!

Also, no offense to GAF, but I joined a super active supergroup and ran some 60 X-Def with Storm. Such a huge difference when you run with people who know what they're doing! The GAF group is awesome I'm sure, but there are only a few active members left...

No biggie man, if you're having fun with some other people don't feel bad about leaving. All good. <3

Probably gonna take it easy this week other than shard runs, gonna be on that Watch Dogs tomorrow!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
No biggie man, if you're having fun with some other people don't feel bad about leaving. All good. <3

Probably gonna take it easy this week other than shard runs, gonna be on that Watch Dogs tomorrow!

I guess there's just not enough active GAF folks. If the group were super active, I'd be all over it! But this new SG is full of insane people. Like, multiple cosmic prestige dudes. That's nuts to me.

Also, I am having a really hard time with deciding if I want to gear out Storm if I want to level new heroes. It's hard because I love the idea of synergies and having multiple 60's, but I also want to be able to farm credits, gear, and goodies. Since they are upping the droprates of the Sentinel goodies, I am tempted to do stuff with Storm. She's actually a lot of fun to play...Good to farm with, too.

inky

I don't have a problem inviting people (if you post your username or send me a PM I'll send an invite your way), but there's also a million people in the guild with officer status who could send an invite as well :p

What if I'm not around?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't have a problem inviting people (if you post your username or send me a PM I'll send an invite your way), but there's also a million people in the guild with officer status who could send an invite as well :p

What if I'm not around?

make me an officer (and tell me how to invite), im always fucking online anyway when im not at work (or not taking a break from the game)

im sad :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
really happy I went back to Hulk instead of waiting for the review. He is pretty much where I want him even without a review (fun wise), just like Storm and Ironman, so I dont mind not saving him.

I would level (or continue leveling) Jean but her review is soon enough anyway I might aswell wait. Cable, Punisher and Thing I will deffinately wait for the reviews since I think they are boring as shit atm, Thor I havent actually played yet so I dont know where he stands in needing the review, and Scarlet I guess is in a good place, but unlike Hulk, Storm, Ironman and Jean, I didnt really like her (besides the awesome giant aoe) so I might aswell wait for the review since im not jonesing to play her

of course this might all be moot in a few months when I have noone except those guys to level and have no choice :p

edit: also, I need Nova or another surprise hero bad, these splinters are burning a hole in my inventory (first world problem I know)

Vecks

Psylocke is so fun to play. After experimenting a few days, I've pretty much settled on a melee build. Love the ninja assassin tree. Strong, and crazy fast.
It's like a blur in midtown, zipping around, killing everything left and right.
Can't seem to find any uniques for her though.
I'm lvl 54 and I've only found the outback cloak so far, but that's telepathy focused.
Might have to try out some of the any-hero's I've got in the stash.

Wanted to ask this earlier when I was actually home and not at work but does anyone have a surplus of ranged uru forged they want to get rid of? I have a million melee ones for trade if anyone needs those (I'm talking about level 50 ones if course)

I don't really save any of the uru-forged unless I'm looking for a specific one. I did find a ranged one today though. If you still want it, I'll message you if I see you online.

Rhaknar

I don't really save any of the uru-forged unless I'm looking for a specific one. I did find a ranged one today though. If you still want it, I'll message you if I see you online.

yup. I have lots of every other if you need any

Xevren

What if I'm not around?

I've sent invites, you usually ninja me often to where it's not needed though.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I always say hi in GAF sg chat and try to talk things up, but nobody seems to like to talk as much as me.

Well Xevren usually talks back so he's cool, but others are very quiet even if they're on lol.

i talk quiet a bit in game queen of hunting is my name. everytime i talk Rhaknar goes offline makes me feel bad lol

Rhaknar

i talk quiet a bit in game queen of hunting is my name. everytime i talk Rhaknar goes offline makes me feel bad lol

like I said earlier, I rarely have the chat window up because I click it by mistake and start typing instead of doing spells, its quite annoying

also half the people have different names in game, wtf :/

Lord Phol

like I said earlier, I rarely have the chat window up because I click it by mistake and start typing instead of doing spells, its quite annoying

The default state for the windows is semi-transparent which means that nothings happens when you click on it. That's what I'm using, only need to press enter when I need to write something, as soon as I click somewhere else or send the message the chat window becomes transparent and inactive again. Pretty useful!

KePoW

Banned

What Lord Phol said. There are different chat tab modes, I think you're in the wrong one or something lol... I never have that problem

LuuKyK

I leave the chat opened but I hardle ever pay attention to it. Sorry if I ever left someone unanswered. We should do some meet-ups in game and interact more if possible.

Hey guys, could I get an invite to the super group? My game name is Terminal. Pretty sure this is going to be my go to game for the summer, I've been playing it most chances I get since last week when I first started, so I should be pretty active.

Xevren

I leave the chat opened but I hardle ever pay attention to it. Sorry if I ever left someone unanswered. We should do some meet-ups in game and interact more if possible.

I honestly feel like the content that it's possible to group for is just kinda meh. You have terminals/holo sim/xdef, and cows. Story too but after awhile most people probably just skip it. Maybe if rewards felt better in groups I'd aim for that in terminals but I can do them solo much faster than I can in groups. It is nice to have a good partner for holo sim though. Xdef is still a mode I don't really like all that much, even with the buffs for the event this weekend I just don't have fun in it.

I really wish they'd have legendaries shareable by now, that'd be pretty amazing.

Hey guys, could I get an invite to the super group? My game name is Terminal. Pretty sure this is going to be my go to game for the summer, I've been playing it most chances I get since last week when I first started, so I should be pretty active.

...and invited!

KePoW

Banned
I'll always group for X-Def and Holo-Sim, I like those modes a lot.

But they definitely need to have some mechanic in place where you get more rewards for grouping. Otherwise no one wants to get together much.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member

ive used queen of hunting as my in game name since original guild wars release, stuck with it ever since lol

Rhaknar

The default state for the windows is semi-transparent which means that nothings happens when you click on it. That's what I'm using, only need to press enter when I need to write something, as soon as I click somewhere else or send the message the chat window becomes transparent and inactive again. Pretty useful!

i might have to check this but for me everytime I click anyware in the chat box (while clicking to move or something) it starts typing, which usually ends up being fffffffffffffff and me not dashing anymore (yes my movement spells are on F)

KePoW

Banned
i might have to check this but for me everytime I click anyware in the chat box (while clicking to move or something) it starts typing, which usually ends up being fffffffffffffff and me not dashing anymore (yes my movement spells are on F)

I just tested all the chat modes in-game, and none of them do that lol.

The only time it becomes active is if you click the skinny vertical blue "Chat" bar on the side. But that's a very small area.

I started Wolverine yesterday.

Got him to 26 now, and totally honest, I'm really enjoying playing him. Crazy fast, plenty of damage and seems like there's a long way to go in maxing him out. Chucked the Excalibur on him too, seems like the best bet and I haven't used it before.

Got the Unstable Carbonadium Warsuit and Dept. K Tactical Vest drop within 5 mins of each other last night - opinions of which would suit Wolverine better?!

I'm liking the +Fighting and +Speed on the Warsuit (and I'd think his regen is enough to deal with the health loss).

Dodge and Crit seem great on the Vest, but the Tenacity is wasted as you never see Wolverine with low health.

Thoughts?

Vecks

I think they fixed that issue a couple of months ago. Haven't had that happen in a long time.

Thoughts?

If you think you can handle the health loss, I think the warsuit would be good.

Volimar

What if I'm not around?

I'm GoodOldVoli. invite meeeeee

Rhaknar

Hmm Invisible Woman -> Psylocke -> Wolverine after Hulk, or maybe IW -> Wolverine -> Psylocke to let the Betsy craze die down a bit?

I like my flashiness and both Sue and Betsy look flashy from what I've seen in midtown (Sue looks crazy) but Wolverine just looks like stabby slashy

Volimar

Hmm Invisible Woman -> Psylocke -> Wolverine after Hulk, or maybe IW -> Wolverine -> Psylocke to let the Betsy craze die down a bit?

I like my flashiness and both Sue and Betsy look flashy from what I've seen in midtown (Sue looks crazy) but Wolverine just looks like stabby slashy

That's kind of his bag though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I inadvertently decided to main Storm last night. Bought my first Legendary (Cosmic Control Rod). She's a ton of fun to play, so I'm OK with this. Gearing her up is going to be a treat. Been running a lot of 60 X-Def and am going to start farming artifacts so I can pimp her out.

Any tips on where the hell to find a Shrinking Serum? I have NO idea where to grind for one of these.

Lord Phol

I inadvertently decided to main Storm last night. Bought my first Legendary (Cosmic Control Rod). She's a ton of fun to play, so I'm OK with this. Gearing her up is going to be a treat. Been running a lot of 60 X-Def and am going to start farming artifacts so I can pimp her out.

Any tips on where the hell to find a Shrinking Serum? I have NO idea where to grind for one of these.

It's a random drop and one of the rarest in the game, you can't really farm for it as it can drop from anywhere. I think you need to be above a certain level for it to appear though. You could trade for it, or find someone who is nice to give you a spare.

Rhaknar

It's a random drop and one of the rarest in the game, you can't really farm for it as it can drop from anywhere. I think you need to be above a certain level for it to appear though. You could trade for it, or find someone who is nice to give you a spare.

dont you also need to be BELLOW a certain level too (since its a 44ish artifact) making it almost impossible to get unless you luck out since you level so fast?

lets just say that wiht 23 (soon) 24 level 60s and the rest of the full roster at at least 30 I only have... 1 >_>

Is this Pym's Shrinking Serum? Is it honestly that rare or is this just conjecture? One dropped for me at about 150 hours and I have two level 60 characters. Who is the best hero to use this with? Hawkeye?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is this Pym's Shrinking Serum? Is it honestly that rare or is this just conjecture? One dropped for me at about 150 hours and I have two level 60 characters. Who is the best hero to use this with? Hawkeye?

It just depends on your build. I want one with Storm because I've already boosted my dodge a ton with Quickening Breeze. Toss in the Shrinking Serum dodge bonus + the proc bonus, and it's a great spirit generator (and Storm drinks spirit).

Rhaknar

It just depends on your build. I want one with Storm because I've already boosted my dodge a ton with Quickening Breeze. Toss in the Shrinking Serum dodge bonus + the proc bonus, and it's a great spirit generator (and Storm drinks spirit).

a Pym on a ranged character is the most wasteful thing ive ever heard of in this game considering how rare it is (no offense, to each its own and all)

its really a melee artifact, why would you worry about dodge with storm, shes always flying around

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
a Pym on a ranged character is the most wasteful thing ive ever heard of in this game considering how rare it is (no offense, to each its own and all)

its really a melee artifact, why would you worry about dodge with storm, shes always flying around

Because with a Pym's, I'm at well over 2000 dodge rating. Stand in ANY AoE attack and I can basically hold down my Ball Lighting button and spam it forever. It's really a specific setup, but it works like magic.

Rhaknar

Because with a Pym's, I'm at well over 2000 dodge rating. Stand in ANY AoE attack and I can basically hold down my Ball Lighting button and spam it forever. It's really a specific setup, but it works like magic.

ugh... standing in aoe is such a bad habit to have (one which I hope raids will not allow), but hey, whatever, to each its own

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
ugh... standing in aoe is such a bad habit to have (one which I hope raids will not allow), but hey, whatever, to each its own

Yes, to each their own. You don't always stand in the fire (some AoE damage is too strong), but for something weak like Poison Cloud or weak Cosmic Circle things? Absolutely. Don't be dumb and stand in Cosmic Doom circles, but if you can afford it, you need to exploit it.

To be honest, I think building like this and maximizing the effectiveness of various Artifacts is the smarter way to play.

Rhaknar

all these people on the official forums expecting a surprise hero for the anniversary are in for a rude awakening methinks

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Recently, after DD's re-work?

Yeah, wasn't feeling him at all. I don't like Street Sweeper, doesn't fit him at all, and I didn't like the combo system and spenders in general. This doesn't really have any bearing on how good he actually is, I just couldn't find an enjoyable build on him personally. I'd rather play NC, MK (despite some copy-pasted powers) or Gambit, even.

KePoW

Banned

Have you actually tried this out yourself, or it sounds like this is something you just read about or someone told you to do?

Because I agree with Rhaknar on this... Shrinking Serum on Storm is a waste (factoring in how extreme rarity of the item).

Now if you've got some source where you're being given several of them, then go ahead and use it on whoever. But I've only found two over 1000+ hours of play, so I would never use it on a ranged character just based on theorycrafting.

Top Bottom