• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Lord Phol

The 2015 on the countdown site just means that their new 1 year period is starting. Nice to see some permanent price reductions, quite rare to see that in F2P games this late into a games launch. I submitted a ticket to get a 200G refund on the Nightcrawler X-Force costume Mwaha!

Dec

The 2015 on the countdown site just means that their new 1 year period is starting. Nice to see some permanent price reductions, quite rare to see that in F2P games this late into a games launch. I sumbitted a ticket to get a 200G refund on the Nightcrawler X-Force costume Mwaha!

Hey man, League of Legends increased some prices!

some got reduced but this cancels it out x2

Wallach

The 2015 on the countdown site just means that their new 1 year period is starting. Nice to see some permanent price reductions, quite rare to see that in F2P games this late into a games launch. I submitted a ticket to get a 200G refund on the Nightcrawler X-Force costume Mwaha!

Well, it was probably also supposed to be a hint at the code 2015 for the free Fortune Cards.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

did you buy it within 7 days?

Lord Phol

did you buy it within 7 days?

Nope but they incresed it to 30 days for this reduction! Source.

Well, it was probably also supposed to be a hint at the code 2015 for the free Fortune Cards.

Ah that makes sense!
This is what I was referring to:

Doomsaw said:
Yeah, the first year was our 2013/2014 season and next year will be the 2014/2015 season.

It's somewhat tied to our 12-month planning process with Marvel. We have the next year of their publication plans and are organizing our tie-ins for 2014/2015. (this is amazing fun btw)

So Marvel Heroes 2015 is basically summer 2014 to summer 2015. Like Madden, Magic the Gathering, etc.

Really looking forward to see what they have in store for us.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ah that makes sense! This is what I was referring to:

Really looking forward to see what they have in store for us.

Nope but they incresed it to 30 days for this reduction! Source.

ah nice. :D

Psylocke3.jpg

one of the last joe mad issues I believe? issue right after Onslaught, when they are all having breakfast. I love that period, when the x-men felt like a family... I stopped reading comics regulary like 10+ years ago but I keep up and the x-men are so...weird these days :/

Dec

Wow did LoL really do this??

Without getting too much into it, ya they did. They restructured skin prices to be based on how much work went into them which meant some went down a bit but also some that were sold for a year or more at their old prices went up permanently.

Volimar

I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Also I would love a Crimson Dawn Psylocke costume with the belt and not the sash. Too many female heroines wear sashes in this game XD

Psylocke3.jpg

I never noticed before how unrealistically small her waist is...

Damn, more downtime :(

Doesn't look like I'm going to get any of this event done this week.

I have looted plenty of mega sentinel medallions, but not a single sentinel piece. I hope the downtime means they're upping the drop rate.

ah nice. :D

Psylocke3.jpg

one of the last joe mad issues I believe? issue right after Onslaught, when they are all having breakfast. I love that period, when the x-men felt like a family... I stopped reading comics regulary like 10+ years ago but I keep up and the x-men are so...weird these days :/

Yeah I always love stuff like that. Like in some of the earlier Uncanny X-Men stuff (somewhere in between 180-220?) when Nightcrawler is leading the team and there is a news report about Juggernaut wrecking shit in Manhattan. They are all trying to ignore it and get some sleep. Until Wolverine shows up and gets 'em moving.

I really hope the Sentinel drop rates are finally fixed. I still haven't seen one.
And I donated the one in the giftbox because I didn't realize it could be crafted into something useful. :(

Rhaknar

nice price drops on the costumes, although some are still 1250g (Hulkbuster for example)

good news for a eventual sale tho

inky

Hulkbuster has different animations, so it is understandable they opted to keep the price high.

At first I thought it looked ugly as hell. Inferior triangle chest piece without exposed arc reactor made it look ugly, and the body plates looked terrible, but now I love my HB costume and can't live without it. I even switched out one artifact for a crystal for the increased size on top of crafting one into the costume itself.

Rhaknar

wait wait wait...

you can add ANY artifact with a visual effect to the costume recipe? I thought it was just those visual-only artifacts (like the flames and shit)

just wasted a bunch of low lvl cyttorak gems these last few months lol (not that its rare or anything)

edit: also what was that signature creator site, with the hero grid and all the levels / costumes

KePoW

Banned
At first I thought it looked ugly as hell. Inferior triangle chest piece without exposed arc reactor made it look ugly, and the body plates looked terrible, but now I love my HB costume and can't live without it. I even switched out one artifact for a crystal for the increased size on top of crafting one into the costume itself.

Heck yeah, that's what me and -Deadpool- are running with too.

I believe you can actually stack a total of 3 size increases.

KePoW

Banned
wonder how many people used a pym shrinking artifact in that recipe without realising how rare it was :p

WOW you just brought out a rage-inducing memory for me. No joke, that's what I fucking did.

I found a Shrinking very early on around launch time. I had absolutely no clue how rare it was. So I crafted it onto a Rocket Raccoon costume because I thought it would be cool for him to look tiny.

And it does look funny... but now that everyone knows how super rare the artifact is, I hit myself every time.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I finally spent some odinmarks last night and stuck a Gung on Nightcrawler. Couldn't really make up my mind on which legendary to get, so I just went with the default. That combined with Omega system will give me plenty of reason to play a max level char instead of chain leveling. Even though chances are good I'll start prestiging dudes soon, assuming I can pick up some stash space on sale next week.

wonder how many people used a pym shrinking artifact in that recipe without realising how rare it was :p

You might cry to hear it, but people who think Rocket is "too big" have actually done this. Saw someone mention it on the forums. Use one as an artifact and have another on their costume for a double size decrease.

Rhaknar

are crafters busted? most have a blank page, and the one that didnt wouldnt blend my costumes no matter how many times I pressed the blend button

KePoW

Banned
are crafters busted? most have a blank page, and the one that didnt wouldnt blend my costumes no matter how many times I pressed the blend button

Just have to re-log

(edit) WTF did you personally just get that from??? If so man that's bullshit... you are always a lucky dawg with everything RNG!!!

Rhaknar

Just have to re-log

(edit) WTF did you personally just get that from??? If so man that's bullshit... you are always a lucky dawg with everything RNG!!!

thanks for being happy for me >_>

Dec

You might cry to hear it, but people who think Rocket is "too big" have actually done this. Saw someone mention it on the forums. Use one as an artifact and have another on their costume for a double size decrease.

Rocket is too big!

He's like 4 feet in the game and a bit under 3 in the comics looks like to me.

062912-guardians-of-the-galaxy11.jpeg

Rhaknar

Hulk all done with points/health/spirit, its Sue
Storm
Richards time!

edit: already loving her after the prologue! and is that a bouncing basic I see there? omnomnom

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Playing this lately and also watching Clone Wars on netflix has made me really want a star wars online ARPG. I have an online star wars itch that isn't getting scratched since SWTOR is mediocre and it's really the only option. Fast-paced ARPG action is way better suited to force powers and lightsabers and bounty hunter explosions than tab-target, global cooldown traditional MMO combat anyway.

MH just reskinned in star wars would be rad. And now that Disney owns Star wars, Gaz should totally get on that.

GManDH

so two questions came up today; do synergies that increase damage apply to teamups and is the magik teamup costume the "classic" costume. i kind of want my colossus to match her now.ohhh one more, does anyone want to farm today/tomorrow for boss exclusive items, the artifacts and uniques?

KePoW

Banned
so two questions came up today; do synergies that increase damage apply to teamups and is the magik teamup costume the "classic" costume. i kind of want my colossus to match her now.ohhh one more, does anyone want to farm today/tomorrow for boss exclusive items, the artifacts and uniques?

Not sure if this is her classic or not:

Preview_Magik_Classic.jpg

Rhaknar

yes thats her new mutants costume, so its the "classic" look

Anoregon

Man I dunno why, but after not thinking about it all day, on the drive home from work I got so fucking mad about getting shit on by random box rng, lol.

Vecks

Man I dunno why, but after not thinking about it all day, on the drive home from work I got so fucking mad about getting shit on by random box rng, lol.

Just curious, did you buy or open the random boxes all at the same time? Maybe I'm just superstitious, but sometimes the RNG in this game seems really weird, like getting "2 or 3 of the same type of uniques within 10 minutes" kind of weird.

Anoregon

I can't wait for us to get another free random hero code next week and get fucking spiderman again

Just curious, did you buy or open the random boxes all at the same time? Maybe I'm just superstitious, but sometimes the RNG in this game seems really weird, like getting "2 or 3 of the same type of uniques within 10 minutes" kind of weird.

They were all spaced out

Top Bottom