• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Blank!

Brevik just confirmed on a stream a 4th difficulty for story, Cosmic Story, level 60 from the start.

Unless they make it so you retroactively get all the points and shit from the other difficulties I don't care at all. If they do tho, it would be awesome

At least there will be a place to farm cosmic Tombstone/Elektra/Bullseye medallions now.

Brevik just confirmed on a stream a 4th difficulty for story, Cosmic Story, level 60 from the start.

Unless they make it so you retroactively get all the points and shit from the other difficulties I don't care at all. If they do tho, it would be awesome

I totally missed this! Hopefully there'll be some fantastic rewards and the loot quality/quantity will be higher.

Very cool about cosmic story, though most of my 60s haven't even finished the first 3 difficulty levels.

So if I were saving up for a 400 splinter hero, who would you recommend? It's kind of between Psylocke, Invisible Woman and Thor, with the added caveat that two of the costumes I have in my stash and can't use yet are IW Future Foundation and Thor Destroyer. I am thinking I might wait on Thor until after his review, which still seems a ways away since they want to finish all the X-Men first.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I wouldn't say so. I think this is the interview in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPEKv5-tHdg.

Following this, some Blizzard employees flamed him in a facebook discussion.

Edit: Like 6 mins in.

Yeah, it's much less a "feud" than him just giving a reasoned, rational response to a question and some of the D3 team acting like idiot fucking babies because he said anything other than "d3 is the best great job everyone!!!1"

Nightcrawler is pure amazing for doing Cube Shards. Shot through green and red terminals in a little over a half hour tonight haha! So good.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
So if I were saving up for a 400 splinter hero, who would you recommend? It's kind of between Psylocke, Invisible Woman and Thor, with the added caveat that two of the costumes I have in my stash and can't use yet are IW Future Foundation and Thor Destroyer.

I enjoy Psylocke the most of those. Thor needs his rework badly. IW is a good support but her DPS is pretty lacking.

Why is patch now and not tomorrow, have all day today and was really getting into it :( Gonna be gone this weekend. Really enjoying Wolverine now, at long last, and Psylocke as well.

Vecks

Patch notes seem rather small today. I hope they managed to get rid of most of the major bugs with this one. I'm expecting a ton of fresh bugs next week. With all the content they're adding and hyping up, I just hope they don't break too much of the game with the anniversary patch.

Speaking of which, is the anniversary thread going up soon? People are probably gonna need a few days heads up to download the game in case of login gifts on Wednesday.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Patch notes seem rather small today. I hope they managed to get rid of most of the major bugs with this one. I'm expecting a ton of fresh bugs next week. With all the content they're adding and hyping up, I just hope they don't break too much of the game with the anniversary patch.

Speaking of which, is the anniversary thread going up soon? People are probably gonna need a few days heads up to download the game in case of login gifts on Wednesday.

yup, doesnt even seem to include the trade window, I thought that was confirmed for today? oh well. seems the odin bounty event is coming back, probably my least favorite, but I guess they just needed something quickly because they are determined to have something each week, and they are busy with proper new stuff for the anniversary s no complaints here

yup, doesnt even seem to include the trade window, I thought that was confirmed for today? oh well. seems the odin bounty event is coming back, probably my least favorite, but I guess they just needed something quickly because they are determined to have something each week, and they are busy with proper new stuff for the anniversary s no complaints here

Some of the features might not be released next week as suggested by this comment:

A huge amount of good stuff for our 1-year anniversary month, including our first raid zone, the Omega System, the release of Trade Window, Shared Quests and other good stuff.

Maybe they'll be released gradually over the course of the month in anticipation of the increased server load?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ny the way, let me update you guys on Sue, since shes now 38 and ive tried most of the spells. Im having total Nightcrawler flashbacks playing her. Let me explain

When I started playing Kurt I was rapidely impressed with how his spells look, I thought they did a great job putting the comic book stuff on screen. I felt the same with Sue imediatly, her initial spells are very flashy and cool looking...

... then the more I played Kurt, the less fun I was having, and the less spells I was enjoying besides those initial first impression ones. And the exact same thing is happening with Sue :/ In fact not only am I struggling to find spells I like, the ones I did turned up kinda crappy like Seeker Orbs, which is a crappier version of Ironmans seeker missiles, but with a longer cooldown (lol whut).

Usually I stick with some defensive passives, 2 or 3 aoes and then 1 big spirit spender for bosses. I cant find a spirit spender, I hated the 3 palm strike thing when I tried it early on, and I just got the channeled one and its not doing it for me either. In fact I usually dont like those channeled spells in general (not to confuse with the charge spells... which I also usually dont like anyway lol)

the ground aoe with all the bubbles coming out is still good, the signature is good (I like that you can use it and get a defensive buff, but lets be honest, most of the time you just spam the button to release the charges for more dmg anyway), and I have hopes for the spiky ball, but...thats about it :/ I wanted to get the dome, and I still do, but yeah... I dumped point into the spirit recovery aoe now since I had been using it as a 1 point wonder anyway and I dont like anything else.

edit: oh and also, she does seem to have a lot of support spells, so im thinking it might be fun (well... fun isnt the exact word since you barely would have any offensive spells) to make a pure support build with all the support spells, but that would be horrible for solo play of couse

So yeha, right now, trucking along with her but not really enjoying her, just like with Kurt. The silver lining is that with Kurt, there WAS a point in later levels where he clicked and I ended up loving him in the end, so the same might happen here, who knows.

Dec

That feel when you are cleaning the basement and a huge spider jumps out. Yelled WHAT THE FUCK! and tripped over shit.

Anyway, I have 300 Odin marks and not sure who to buy a legendary for. Probably Rocket.

Rhaknar

dat Beta Ray

kPNvhVt.jpg

Rhaknar

You better temper those expectations now. The Crushers have pretty sloppy AI and don't exactly perform the way you'd expect a summon to.

well... :/

you know, sicne we're shitting on sue, whats up with the pilar thing? its completely useless, 20% slow...really? a million other spells do that and damage.

Vecks

I decided to try to see what worked on my loki summon build last night, and it came as a huge surprise when I found out that damage rating doesn't seem to affect his summon attacks-- like the move where he sends illusions charging at enemies, or the meteoric thing.

All this time I've been trying to build up mental damage rating and wondering why loki wasn't doing as much damage as everyone else. But, unless I'm looking at the numbers wrong, any kind of damage rating is useless for illusions. Switching gear to stuff that gives +summon/allied damage works though. Oddly enough, +summon damage also improves his basic melee since it's tagged as summon.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
everyone is thinking a surprise hero will come for anniversary alot are saying doom, i think nova if theres going to be a surprise release

I will never use Sue, purely because of how bad she looks. I know shes not meant to be Emma Frost sexy, but she is still meant to be attractive. Worst female character model in the game, IMO.
I liked levelling Nightcrawler though. He felt powerful, had some pretty stylish effects and I liked stabbing stuff with his swords. Gaz did a great job with his running on all-fours animation too.

Rhaknar

Everyone expecting a surprise hero is in for a huge disappointment, especially someone like Doom.

Don't get me wrong I would love it (like I said my splinters are burning a hole in my inventory) but it won't happen

GManDH

can we create a schedule or list our times online that way we can partner up. or can we figure something out like every BLANK day we do BLANK thing. i really feel that playing this game together makes it a lot more fun.

Rhaknar

BOGO is back

Marvel Heroes ‏@MMMSociety 14m

In celebration of our anniversary next week, we've turned our Hero or Costume "Buy One, Get One" promotion back on! pic.twitter.com/wLccuVpTod

time to buy some costumes and blend the extras i guess

Soooo...there's a buy one get one sale on heroes and costumes. There's no chance at something better coming along before the anniversary is there? I should probably buy a hero or two now, right? Or should I wait on it?

Rhaknar

Soooo...there's a buy one get one sale on heroes and costumes. There's no chance at something better coming along before the anniversary is there? I should probably buy a hero or two now, right? Or should I wait on it?

they offer refunds if you buy something and it gets cheaper in the next 7 days. and I doubt they would run bogo at the same time as a discount sale

Dec

I really don't think there'll be a surprise hero release. Ryolnir posted a few days back that he hopes no one will be disappointed if there isn't one after everyone has been hyping it up.

inky

Hmm... I don't know if I'll participate in this BOGO. I have around 2500G but not anything I really want. On the other hand, I did get a couple of pretty good costumes out of the last one (Cap America First Avenger and Lady Deadpool).

Rhaknar

still had a ton of G left from the last G sale a few months ago, so BOGO results:

Fear Itself Strange - Hawkeye Avengers (blender fodder)
Marvel Now Cyclops - Classic Cable (actually using it, I dig the shoulder pads)
X-Force Nightcrawler - Classic Punisher (using it its my fave)
Marvel Now Moon Knight - Human Torch Light Brigade (using it and it looks surprisingly good)

overall not amazing, but not terrible, since ill actually use 2 or 3 of the 4 costumes. Was hoping for a enhanced of course :p

and the blender from from the stuff I didnt use gave me a dupe armored daredevil :/

Teggy

I wonder if they will ever make an alternate costume for an enhanced costume? Like a different Kate Bishop costume? Pricing it would be kind of a mess because all the cost went into the original enhanced, but you wouldn't have to own one to get the other.

Awesome news about the BOGO.

So bought. I have 8 characters left out of the current roster, so I'll probably buy 2-4 more this evening. Try my luck with the remaining ones.

Might even get a costume or two now as these deals make the costumes fairly cheap.

Really pleased about the Odin bonus again - it's one of my favourites as, having started later, I'm always struggling to get enough. Maybe 6 of my characters have bought Legendaries (i.e. that aren't Pots of Gold), and I've never done a Blessing, so it's nice to get an opportunity to catch up a bit more.

dat Beta Ray

I want it now. NOW.

KePoW

Banned
can we create a schedule or list our times online that way we can partner up. or can we figure something out like every BLANK day we do BLANK thing. i really feel that playing this game together makes it a lot more fun.

I'm down for X-DEF at 9pm PDT, for the Odin's Bounty event.

Vecks

Current BOGO haul:
Bought Cyclops New X-men, got Enhanced Lady Loki (dupe...)
Crafted Lady Loki with some old costumes, got Scarlet Witch Ultimate (yay!)
Bought Emma's White Queen, got Gambit Classic (No Gambit yet. I guess I'll hold this one)

Still got 950g. Not sure what else to get at the moment. Gonna think about it some more before deciding.

Rhaknar

I want more bogo results, stop slacking

Edit: wish the Luke cage cop costume was out during the bogo, I would insta get it. I hate the noir one I have :(

inky

Well, went for 1 BOGO after all. Bought Colossus Phoenix Force, got Spiderman Sensational which I didn't own but I don't see me using that much when I already own Black costume and Big Time Red. It's not terrible at least.

Then decided to try my luck at crafting with Sue's and Psylocke's basics and got fucking Classic Spiderman which is the exact same one as his default, only slightly less shitty. Ugh. Why are they even 2 different variants. Seriously, it is like almost exactly the same thing but one has thinner lines and washed out colors. Nevermind I didn't need another Spidey costume game!

Meh.

Rhaknar

Does classic spidey not have adult voice like the team up? (I know it's not enhanced but was hoping it had the team up voice)

Vecks

Well, I decided to add 500 more Gs and continue my descent into the abyss of random costumes.

Bought Jean's New X-men costume, got old green rocket (Eh...).
Crafted green rocket with some other costumes, got Storm Classic (Not really something I want, but at least it's not the worst storm costume. Might as well use it.)
Bought Ms Marvel's Classic, got Deep Space Rocket Raccoon (Pretty good. A keeper.)
Decided to craft one more in the spirit of RNG... got Iron Man Mark IV. (Do not want.)
I'm all outta costumes to blend, so I'll have to wait until I get Gambit to do another craft.

Finaika

I will never use Sue, purely because of how bad she looks. I know shes not meant to be Emma Frost sexy, but she is still meant to be attractive. Worst female character model in the game, IMO.
I liked levelling Nightcrawler though. He felt powerful, had some pretty stylish effects and I liked stabbing stuff with his swords. Gaz did a great job with his running on all-fours animation too.

Funny thing is the Dink made both of those XD

Teggy

OK, here's what I got:

I decided to buy the Psylocke pack (should have just pre-ordered) which doesn't come with any bogo, but I scored the BIB Spiderman team up from the fortune card. Thumbs up there!

I then bought brown Wolverine and green Rocket and got classic Spiderman and Avengers movie Hulk. Don't have either of those characters, so meh.

Then I bought Squirrel Girl and got my second extra Loki token. Double meh.

To finish it off, I picked up the Squirrel Girl aviator costume and got Nightcrawler classic. I have him, so that's ok.

Sadly, the best RNG came from the fortune card.

Rhaknar

I think she looks fine, bit ugly but definitely going for a older look (which Sue is). I don't understand people's obsession with faces in a game where you spend 99% of the time zoomed out

Top Bottom