• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Blank!

I've had good luck with the random hero box. Forgot how many times I did it, but only a handful of duplicates. I've got enough characters that I don't mind all that much.

Made out like a bandit whenever they do the BOGO hero sale though. I bought all the cheapest heroes and ended up with guys I didn't have too.

Vecks

I've had good luck with the random hero box. Forgot how many times I did it, but only a handful of duplicates. I've got enough characters that I don't mind all that much.

Same. My first 10 random boxes had no dupes. Now that I have more than half the roster, I've been getting dupes the last 3 attempts, so I've stopped, but I'm pretty satisfied with the amount of heroes I have.

Now I'm just focusing on prestiging. I'm probably the only one who does this, but I try to prestige toward a color that suits the hero. Like, I have Scarlet Witch at red prestige, I'm keeping loki at green, etc. Aiming for purple for Psylocke, but blue would probably be okay too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
got to 21 with Invisible Woman in XDEF so I could start doing legendaries, from all the spells so far, Ive stuck with the big aoe with bubbles coming out of it (why cant you cast multiple ones tho, you can with scarlet witch or hawkeye or spiderman) and the homing bubbles, the defensive passive (as always).

I got my eye on the signature, the lvl 47 spiky ball thing and then something else. She has a lot of group utility spells, might get one of those like the dome or something, dunno, still need to try a few more spells first to see what clicks.

KePoW

Banned
Same. My first 10 random boxes had no dupes. Now that I have more than half the roster, I've been getting dupes the last 3 attempts, so I've stopped, but I'm pretty satisfied with the amount of heroes I have.

Now I'm just focusing on prestiging. I'm probably the only one who does this, but I try to prestige toward a color that suits the hero. Like, I have Scarlet Witch at red prestige, I'm keeping loki at green, etc. Aiming for purple for Psylocke, but blue would probably be okay too.

You need to get Wolverine to yellow pal

I have looted plenty of mega sentinel medallions, but not a single sentinel piece. I hope the downtime means they're upping the drop rate.

I managed to get about 50mins of play before the servers went offline again last night, but still no new pieces. I have one, the Torso, from the weekend.

Only supposed to be an hour thankfully.

Lasted almost two. Was after 11pm when they went back online, so no more Marvel for me again last night :(

Vecks

All I'm missing is the torso.
They said they'll be upping drop rates with next patch. Crossing fingers that they will overtune again.

Also, just saw this on forums:

We're trying to constantly include as many quality of life suggestions as we can each patch.

For next patch, S.H.I.E.L.D. Team-Up Gear on the ground will be much easier to see.

In addition, the next rarity of S.H.I.E.L.D. Team-Up Gear is almost complete and will be in the next patch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
All I'm missing is the torso.
They said they'll be upping drop rates with next patch. Crossing fingers that they will overtune again.

Also, just saw this on forums:

Next patch as in Friday?

Good news about the next tier of team-up gear coming soon.

I saw this on the official forums earlier;

Chapter 5 Ruined Projects Superheroic mode: (Thanks to @BabyProof) The most consistent way to get pieces is to do the events in chapter 5 story mode. As long as the incinerators event doesn't bug out and get stuck, you'll run into a mega-sentinel about every 10 minutes. Try to finish all the events, not just the sentinels, so it advances to the sentinels event faster, and so it doesn't get stuck.

Anyone tried it? Might have to give it a go tonight when I get home (if servers are online haha)

Rhaknar

I can only see myself use Bill with Rocket and Thor (I guess Loki also) because lore/canon

Oh and Starlord when he's out

Rhaknar

Nothing good I'm afraid, dev actually answered my question in one of their streams though and made it sound like they do want him but odds are we're in for a wait.

Sue has a spell that apparently Iron Fist taught her, that's something...

lol

Rhaknar

I'll use him with Nova too (if we get Sam Nova).

Ah yes Nova too. Clea exclusively for Strange, Deadpool The Kid for Taskmaster and... Deadpool (lol), Wasp, Spider Woman and She Hulk as avengers (and in Shulky's case, F4) members are easier to pair with any Avenger/F4, Domino for Cable and whatever else other x-people that have history with her, Havok for random X-peeps

Blank!

Good news about the next tier of team-up gear coming soon.

I saw this on the official forums earlier;

Anyone tried it? Might have to give it a go tonight when I get home (if servers are online haha)

The one problem with that method is that a new event spawns every 3 minutes, but there are 3 (or 4?) events possible. The incinerators, the 3 leaders, and the sentinels. So you have a 1 and 3 chance of getting the sentinel wave or you're boned and get to sit around and farm level 54 enemies for a while.

It's probably the fastest method but by no means guaranteed for anything. Even if a piece does drop, the head/torso seem rarer than the limbs too.

All this for a shitty slot 5 unique...

Ah yes Nova too. Clea exclusively for Strange, Deadpool The Kid for Taskmaster and... Deadpool (lol), Wasp, Spider Woman and She Hulk as avengers (and in Shulky's case, F4) members are easier to pair with any Avenger/F4, Domino for Cable and whatever else other x-people that have history with her, Havok for random X-peeps

I really like Domino with Deadpool too.

There's going to be some great combinations and plenty of variations once the second pack is out.

The one problem with that method is that a new event spawns every 3 minutes, but there are 3 (or 4?) events possible. The incinerators, the 3 leaders, and the sentinels. So you have a 1 and 3 chance of getting the sentinel wave or you're boned and get to sit around and farm level 54 enemies for a while.

It's probably the fastest method but by no means guaranteed for anything. Even if a piece does drop, the head/torso seem rarer than the limbs too.

All this for a shitty slot 5 unique...

Still gotta be on par with the other ways to get Sentinel waves?!

I probably won't have time to get it for the rest of the event anyway.

Has Deadpool dated Domino before??

No, well - sorta, but no. Deadpool MAX had him and Domino together with child, but it wasn't actually Domino.

But still, there's sexual tension between Domino and Deadpool, and they've "teamed up" before on a number of occasions.

Dec

Brevik has been doing late night streams with his wife lately, maybe 10 days ago on stream he said trade was planned for the 29th so that should be the next patch if it's on track. I think it is because it's been on the test for a day or two.

Also has the apollo bug fix and crafter.

Rhaknar

You can't trade uniques right?

Edit: oh shit patch is Thursday not Friday? Cool

KePoW

Banned
Brevik has been doing late night streams with his wife lately, maybe 10 days ago on stream he said trade was planned for the 29th so that should be the next patch if it's on track. I think it is because it's been on the test for a day or two.

Who's Brevik?? Is he the guy who has a blood feud with the creator of Diablo 3 ?

Rhaknar

Brevik just confirmed on a stream a 4th difficulty for story, Cosmic Story, level 60 from the start.

Unless they make it so you retroactively get all the points and shit from the other difficulties I don't care at all. If they do tho, it would be awesome

Dec

He's the CEO of Gazillion, Doomsaw is the creative lead.

Ah okay cool. I thought one of the Gaz devs had a feud with the creator of Diablo 3 or something, but I'm not sure

He was interviewed shortly after D3's release about his thoughts on where they took the series and he said he would have done it differently. Members of the D3 team took it as an insult and returned in kind, insulting his last game, Hellgate: London and Jay Wilson famously saying "Fuck that guy".

Brevik just confirmed on a stream a 4th difficulty for story, Cosmic Story, level 60 from the start.

Unless they make it so you retroactively get all the points and shit from the other difficulties I don't care at all. If they do tho, it would be awesome

Killing Cosmic Loki for dat 5 spirit, fun times ahead.

On the plus side LQ variety will be much higher now that you can get quests for the first five or so chapters at level 60.

And some fresh Doomsaw teases:

2mPZ4ig.jpg

8Qu717Q.jpg

12H8ele.jpg

Rhaknar

On the plus side LQ variety will be much higher now that you can get quests for the first five or so chapters at level 60.

Wait you don't just reroll until you get a MM one, or at least a terminal? I shake my head in disgust in your direction frost!

Wait you don't just reroll until you get a MM one, or at least a terminal? I shake my head in disgust in your direction frost!

They changed the hell out of LQs recently. Experience and marks gained are much less for the quick ones, so over a long period of time there's minimal benefit to re-rolling only into easy ones. With a teleporter/Ziggy most of the story ones are quick anyway. Also I need the credits for all the uniques I have to upgrade to 60.

Have they changed the rate of MM LQ's spawning too? The other night I rolled 10 in a row outside of MM - seems like they're pushing you back out into the Story mode.

One night of 56-60 leveling up in MM cost me like 300k credits.

I won't be doing much more of that haha

Those Doomsaw teases... Gazillion haven't released information about how Omega points are earned, but is it fair to assume that hero levels will contribute to some degree? Every hero level reached earns X amount of Omega points, for example.

KePoW

Banned
He was interviewed shortly after D3's release about his thoughts on where they took the series and he said he would have done it differently. Members of the D3 team took it as an insult and returned in kind, insulting his last game, Hellgate: London and Jay Wilson famously saying "Fuck that guy".

Ohhhh yeah!!! So it WAS this Brevik guy who started a feud with Diablo 3 haha

Rhaknar

I have so many uniques in the bank, I wish you could trade them. Surely I must have the ilusive 5th slot for a lot of people and it's just rotting away waiting until I have 2 more to blend (actually 1 more since in most cases I have 2 of them)

Top Bottom