• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Jube3

I used the sale to finally pick up some costumes and a few heroes I was excited to try out and it went pretty well. This should keep me busy for a really long time.

Characters bought -
Moon Knight - got cable
Gambit - got black panther
Dr Strange - got cable
Thing - moon knight...
Bought daredevil - gambit... lol

Costumes bought -
Bought Nightcrwaler xfactor - got Hulk Xmas (have it)
Thing enhanced - punisher classic
Bought Hulkbuster - loki classic (

I just said I liked her :/ that you don't quote, I see how it is!

But you canceled your positive with "bit ugly" =/
She's not ugly!

Also just saw the new webstore packs for the Mac launch and saw this in the description:
This Pro Pack offers 8 Heroes including the yet to be released Mr. Fantastic, an exclusive new Iron Man Armor, Future Foundation Black Variant costumes available only in this pack (and later in an upcoming Fortune Card)

So not only are they going back to exclusive stuff, but they're offering several sought after costumes that will otherwise only be in Fortune Cards (and we all know how people feel about that). Dammit Gaz, wtf?

Edit: Someone bought the pack and it also lists a Future Foundation Dr. Doom Team Up. Oh snap.

Teggy

I am so tempted by that pack. Of those I only have Thing and Nightcrawler and Spider-Man, Iron Man and IW are high on my list. If it came with stashes I think I would pull the trigger. As it is, I have had a $100 gift card lying around since Xmas so I have a feeling I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. (Plus I can show my Mac pride :) )

Varna

Weird. Every time I login I have random gift boxes. I had two random heroes and costumes today. Are they just giving away stuff now?

That's probably a FC version of a regular Doom team-up coming down the pipeline, then.

Which is fucking awesome. Do want.

It actually got more interesting. They updated the store page with a Mini Dragon Man pet as part of the pack, which means that the Dr. Doom TU is from something else. Anniversary gift spoiler?

Wallach

Weird. Every time I login I have random gift boxes. I had two random heroes and costumes today. Are they just giving away stuff now?

If you had random hero/costume boxes, you probably purchased heroes/costumes in the past week or so. They are giving those retroactively now if they do a BOGO and you purchased within the last 7 days prior to the start as part of their store guarantee.

Wallach

It actually got more interesting. They updated the store page with a Mini Dragon Man pet as part of the pack, which means that the Dr. Doom TU is from something else. Anniversary gift spoiler?

Free Dr. Doom would be even better. However I'd rather have the default Dr. Doom; fuck the F4 and their stupid foundation.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Surprise Doom team up release is at least more believable than full fledge character

Costume shit doesn't bother me much, well the Fc part does but I'm kinda numb to that now, I hate everything with those cards, so I don't even bother to get upset about them anymore

If I buy this bundle now, will the already released heroes/costumes be available in-game immediately? I already have Invisible Woman and Thing, but this bundle seems to be excellent value and I'd love the black variant Future Foundation costumes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Should be excep for mr fantastic

Why are taskmaster and ironman in the bundle tho lol. Shouldn't it be human torch at least, since it seems to be a F4 themed bundle?

Anyway, these team up variations will start to get old very fast imo

Thank-you! I wonder how long it'll be available for. Not sure if I should wait until after anniversary week has started or just jump on board now. Strange that Human Torch misses out on a feature in this pack, but I'm guessing that's because he wasn't part of the Future Foundation and is available as a starter-hero?

If I buy this bundle now, will the already released heroes/costumes be available in-game immediately? I already have Invisible Woman and Thing, but this bundle seems to be excellent value and I'd love the black variant Future Foundation costumes.

You will get the already released stuff immediately.

Edit: Annnnnnnnd they updated the store page again. Future Foundation Doom Team-Up is indeed exclusive to the pack. Does make it all the more likely that a regular Doom TU will be released for the anniversary now since the work on it will be done.

Not sure if this was posted, but for those holding off on buying heroes/costumes as part of the BOGO offer for anniversary week, from @Doomsaw on the MH Subreddit:

"The BOGO goes on for 1 week. We don't have a sale planned with Anniversary week, we want to keep the prices static since there will be many new players. So, we're doing our sale and price drop early so existing players can take advantage of it. The Year Anniversary will be about gifts instead of sales."

Rhaknar

What frost said, that bundle doesn't even mention that doom is to be released later like it says about me.fantastic so it seems like team up doom was to be the anniversary surprise, now ruined. If it's free, awesome. If it's not free... yay something to spend splinters on finally

I do hope they add stash tabs to that Mac-Pro pack. Surely that's not too much to ask for, though I am happy just the same with the value offered right now.

What frost said, that bundle doesn't even mention that doom is to be released later like it says about me.fantastic so it seems like team up doom was to be the anniversary surprise, now ruined. If it's free, awesome. If it's not free... yay something to spend splinters on finally

A free Doctor Doom team-up for the anniversary week would be a great gift. Hopefully people who are expecting a free hero/surprise hero won't be too disappointed and rage against Gazillion however.

I don't want to expect anything, but a Dr. Doom team-up for the anniversary week - either paid or gift - would be amazing.

Either way, with the focus off sales and on gifts and giving back to the community, we're in for a good time next week. I never have a problem justifying spending money on this game because Gazillion have taken such care to develop and maintain such a strong relationship with the player base.

When will the anniversary thread be going up?

EDIT:

Some good news. If you own most of the heroes and costumes in these packs and don't want to spend so much money on exclusive content doubling up, the variant team-up and costumes WILL be available via an upcoming Fortune Card.

Advance/Exclusive Content
The unreleased and/or exclusive content such as the Future Foundation Dr. Doom Team-Up, iBoosts, and the Guardians of the Galaxy White Variant Armor for Iron Man will all be automatically granted when they are ready for the game (not yet determined). They are exclusively guaranteed in these packs, however they will be available to win in a special Fortune Card planned for the future.

I'm guessing each new series of Fortune Cards will now contain one exclusive Team-Up hero/variant, alongside the usual two to three costumes going forward.

Rhaknar

I said it this morning, no way they would release a new hero and give it away. A new team up however, it slightly more believable, but still a long shot.

If course, if it did happen, it would be quite something. Certainly would make me happy I supported them as much as I did (not that I regret supporting the game).

But, always the pessimist, I prefer to assume the doom team up will just be a regular surprise release, and my splinters WILL be ready

Edit: Frost... Kate. Yes or no? I'm not playing Hawkeye atm but still... sell me on her

I said it this morning, no way they would release a new hero and give it away. A new team up however, it slightly more believable, but still a long shot.

If course, if it did happen, it would be quite something. Certainly would make me happy I supported them as much as I did (not that I regret supporting the game).

But, always the pessimist, I prefer to assume the doom team up will just be a regular surprise release, and my splinters WILL be ready

Edit: Frost... Kate. Yes or no? I'm not playing Hawkeye atm but still... sell me on her

I bought Hawkeye's Modern Costume in the last sale, but Kate has been on my wishlist for a good while. The discounted price is too good to pass up, especially during this BOGO offer. I've read she has some killer unique animations (using her staves) and quips.

Rhaknar

Using Kate and then having the unique summon another Kate is gonna suck tho :/

Rhaknar

Really? They actually thought if that? Kudos to them, awesome little detail

Wallach

Not sure if this was posted, but for those holding off on buying heroes/costumes as part of the BOGO offer for anniversary week, from @Doomsaw on the MH Subreddit:

Glad to know that in advance. Hopefully it will instead be packed with gifts and server-side buffs. My kingdom for a big ass server side buff right now as my Taskmaster is level 44 into Cosmic prestige and shit is about to get real in the XP progression.

Knowing that there won't be any sales I'm tempted to grab that pack of penta boosts... if there is a big XP buff during the anniversary I'm going to want to boost my way through it.

Yeah I got like two stacks of every Potion and Bar waiting for a huge server side buff. About to go ham on some farming once they open the gates.

What other female in the game has shades this stylish? What's that, no one? Thought so. My favorite Enhanced costume in the game still, even above Lady Loki and Shuri. Her model is just perfect.

Rhaknar

I love my Shuri and Lady Loki but I hate...HATE lady Deadpool.

Speaking of enhanced costumes, is fear itself Thing not good? Never ever mentions it. It looks awesome in the store :/

Wallach

Speaking of enhanced costumes, is fear itself Thing not good? Never ever mentions it. It looks awesome in the store :/

It's bad ass looking in-game. Nobody mentions it because nobody plays Thing anymore; he's actually a solid hero but very bland.

Shuri is fantastic. I love the effort that went into her model, right down to her animations. Sadly, I bought the Black Panther/Shuri bundle and received Shuri again, from a random costume box during the last BOGO sale.

Captain Mar-vell is coming in June, yes?

Rhaknar

Something that just occurred to me. Even tho I hate cards, one of these days I'm going to say fuck it and buy enough cards just to get up to 95 of those thingies you need for the costumes. It annoys me so much having like 30 of one type, 40 of another etc which are essentially useless as is

You better temper those expectations now. The Crushers have pretty sloppy AI and don't exactly perform the way you'd expect a summon to.

That's probably my biggest pet peeve in her power set and the reason
I say I feel they sorta shoe-horned too many offensive spells into her skill
when her powers are more unique than that.

Part of it is because I always saw Invisible Woman as a very practical fighter.
She isn't usually making ridiculous constructs when she doesn't have to
and usually sticks to simpler more effective methods. I just can't imagine her
summoning spiky derp balls to attack for her. Maybe something similar has
happened in the comics and they are basing it on that? But that seems like a long shot.

Something that just occurred to me. Even tho I hate cards, one of these days I'm going to say fuck it and buy enough cards just to get up to 95 of those thingies you need for the costumes. It annoys me so much having like 30 of one type, 40 of another etc which are essentially useless as is

You can always donate them? I think Fortune Cards would be better received if they were available to purchase with say, Eternity Splinters. I know you can already exchange Cube Shards for Series 1 Fortune Cards, but it doesn't take much effort to gain the ten needed, so I can't see Gazillion making later series available via the same means. That means that you can still buy Fortune Cards with Gs if you want the rewards faster, OR trade in your Eternity Splinters, with the rewards coming slower and more infrequently. This is especially when you have to consider whether you want to reserve your splinters for another hero, etc.

EDIT: Have Gazillion ever discussed making Fortune Cards available to purchase through in-game currencies?

Rhaknar

You can always donate them? I think Fortune Cards would be better received if they were available to purchase with say, Eternity Splinters. I know you can already exchange Cube Shards for Series 1 Fortune Cards, but it doesn't take much effort to gain the ten needed, so I can't see Gazillion making later series available via the same means. That means that you can still buy Fortune Cards with Gs if you want the rewards faster, OR trade in your Eternity Splinters, with the rewards coming slower and more infrequently. This is especially when you have to consider whether you want to reserve your splinters for another hero, etc.

Didn't know you could donate those things, but all my vendors are 20 anyway. And I'm actually running low on boosts, so I might just finish 1 set of cards, then one day finish another etc. We'll see, just something that has been bothering me :)

Didn't know you could donate those things, but all my vendors are 20 anyway. And I'm actually running low on boosts, so I might just finish 1 set of cards, then one day finish another etc. We'll see, just something that has been bothering me :)

Ah yes, once your vendors hit max. level their value decreases severely, unless you are happy to hold onto them in hopes of gaining enough to trade them in. I definitely see where you're coming from. In terms of the limited space available, unless you purchase additional stash tabs, these items are deadweight. I do appreciate their purpose though, in terms of guaranteeing you one of the more valuable costumes if the RNG hasn't been kind.

Teggy

What other female in the game has shades this stylish? What's that, no one? Thought so. My favorite Enhanced costume in the game still, even above Lady Loki and Shuri. Her model is just perfect.

Kate is my waifu
don't tell my wife
. I wish she didn't look so frowny, but other than that she is awesome. Her original costume is one of the coolest modern costumes out there and they did a fantastic job putting it in the game (sadly the costume she has in the new Hawkeye book is awful). She has some great lines too and I really like the voice they chose.

How is Thor's Beta Ray Bill enhanced costume? I'm awfully tempted to trade in my splinters for Thor and grab this costume while it's hot, especially given the arrival of the team-up next week.

Rhaknar

Just googled fear itself to see who else can still get costumes... Oh my god inject that Ms.Marvel costume straight into my veins now.

Ironman and Spidey look shit, and Red She Hulk (is that who it is? Is that even a thing?) isn't in the game.

Hulk and Juggs would look awesome in game too, especially Juggernaut

How is Thor's Beta Ray Bill enhanced costume? I'm awfully tempted to trade in my splinters for Thor and grab this costume while it's hot, especially given the arrival of the team-up next week.

Wait so you want double beta ray action, costume and team up? I'm physically grinding my teeth at your outrageous breach of canon :(

Just googled fear itself to see who else can still get costumes... Oh my god inject that Ms.Marvel costume straight into my veins now.

Ironman and Spidey look shit, and Red She Hulk (is that who it is? Is that even a thing?) isn't in the game.

Hulk and Juggs would look awesome in game too, especially Juggernaut

Wait so you want double beta ray action, costume and team up? I'm physically grinding my teeth at your outrageous breach of canon :(

I did not like the event whatsoever, but Ms. Marvel's Fear Itself is one costume I have long been waiting for. Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel is one of my favourite heroes period. I'm sure I read somewhere however, that as much as Gazillion want to make more Fear Itself costumes, it wasn't a priority/Marvel wasn't invested in the idea. Did I imagine that?

As for Beta Ray Bill, it's another case of model changing. If you play as Beta Ray Bill, the team-up becomes Thor. No grinding necessary!

Rhaknar

I did not like the event whatsoever, but Ms. Marvel's Fear Itself is one costume I have long been waiting for. Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel is one of my favourite heroes period. I'm sure I read somewhere however, that as much as Gazillion want to make more Fear Itself costumes, it wasn't a priority/Marvel wasn't invested in the idea. Did I imagine that?

As for Beta Ray Bill, it's another case of model changing. If you play as Beta Ray Bill, the team-up becomes Thor. No grinding necessary!

Is this confirmed? That's awesome. So what happens right now if you use Spider-Man with Spider-Man (I never tried it)?

Top Bottom