• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Did you read the comix??

Yes I did. :) The "mighty"/"worthy" were the only good things to come out of the event. Most of the supposed, lasting universal changes were resolved within one or two issues and thus made the event feel pointless.

Is this confirmed? That's awesome. So what happens right now if you use Spider-Man with Spider-Man (I never tried it)?

The Spider-Man team-up hero becomes Scarlet Spider-Man. Pretty nifty.

I actually only saw this for the first time (or maybe only noticed it for the first time) like a few days ago. SO good. I had to switch to my Spider-Man just to try it out haha..

I love the little details such as this, that the developers have gone to the trouble to add. I don't actually own Spider-Man myself, but just as soon as I buy that Pro-pack, this is the first thing I'm doing.

I'd love to see some of the Age of Ultron costumes used in-game at some point. I know that the event was even less received than Fear Itself, but the costumes and new hero aliases were fantastic.Here is Colonel America (Nick Fury), Captain Marvel (Wasp) and Cable (Cyclops).

Age+of+Ultron+007-011.jpg

ageofultron7teaserbig.jpg

Wallach

I'd love to see some of the Age of Ultron costumes used in-game at some point. I know that the event was even less received than Fear Itself, but the costumes and new hero aliases were fantastic.Here is Colonel America (Nick Fury), Captain Marvel (Wasp) and Cable (Cyclops).

Taskmaster's outfit in this was pretty cool, and he doesn't have a ton of options as far as costumes go so I am hoping it makes it in at some point. Unfortunately with their love of gender-swap Enhanced crap I think Finesse will happen first, so I'll be waiting a while to buy a new Taskmaster costume.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gender swap enhanced costumes are the best costumes, you sir are wrong

And the real costumes they need to focus on are more age of apocalypse costumes!

1 handed wolverine, short haired Jeanie, long hair acolyte cyclops, badass short hair rogue, monk juggernaut (eventually), that's just off the top of my head.

Gambit and Nightcrawler pretty much looked the same iirc

Age of X is another great source of alternate costumes. I love Cyclops' mask/visor.

alt-x-men-1.jpg

Age-of-X-Lineup-Close-ups.jpg

Gambit, Rogue, Magneto & Psylocke

Age-of-X-Lineup-Close-ups-2.jpg

Eclipse (Sunspot), Dazzler, Bezerker (Warpath), Jubilee, Chamber, Frenzy & Basilisk (Cyclops)

Age-of-X-Lineup-Close-ups-3.jpg

Colossus, Nightmare (Pixie), Storm, Namor, Avalanche, Cypher & Cannonball

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just got trolled hard by the blender >_> used up my remaining defaults (with the theory being that I can always prestige to get them back), including psylocke whcih gutted me, and a few others I didnt care for to get... original green rocket racoon, and then I blended that and got marvel now rocket racoon (dupe).

see, for every superior spiderman, theres 10 kicks in the nads like these :p

Bought Gambit, received Luke Cage.
Bought Nightcrawler, received Nightcrawler (oops)
Bought Gambit's 90s costume, received Emma's White Queen
Bought Dr. Strange's Fear Itself costume, received classic Scott (bleh)

Funny thing is the Dink made both of those XD

Dink definitely does good work with the male bodies and the male costumes. No question about that. I just hate how both Psylocke and Sue look though. I hope she leaves the females to Tyler in future.

I think she looks fine, bit ugly but definitely going for a older look (which Sue is). I don't understand people's obsession with faces in a game where you spend 99% of the time zoomed out

Sues face would be tolerable, if her body wasnt so bad...

j7O0ewhFPULhu.jpg

This shot shows how bad Sues ass is, compared to the rounder ideal that Jean has. You can also see Sues giant feet here too :/
Ugh, anyway I might buy Daredevils noir costume. I think it is very underrated, as it has a sinister 1950's Halloween party feel to it and hardly anyone wears it. I also thought it might look good with that red smoke artifact.

Rhaknar

Dink definitely does good work with the male bodies and the male costumes. No question about that. I just hate how both Psylocke and Sue look though. I hope she leaves the females to Tyler in future.

j7O0ewhFPULhu.jpg

This shot shows how bad Sues ass is, compared to the rounder ideal that Jean has. You can also see Sues giant feet here too :/
Ugh, anyway I might buy Daredevils noir costume. I think it is very underrated, as it has a sinister 1950's Halloween party feel to it and hardly anyone wears it. I also thought it might look good with that red smoke artifact.

you realise that is most likely intended. her boobs are also slightly...you know...less than perky. shes a mother of 2. I dont think its just a case of bad modeling tbh

you realise that is most likely intended. her boobs are also slightly...you know...less than perky. shes a mother of 2. I dont think its just a case of bad modeling tbh

As far as I can tell, Sue still has a perfect body in the comics (as comic characters of both sexes tend to have). I suppose she will look however artists want to make her look. I wish Dink/Gaz wanted her to look good.

3521865-2505860193-fanta.jpg

Fantastic_Four_2_Adams_Variant.jpg

KePoW

Banned

What Hoya said. There are plenty of comix where Sue is very curvy and voluptuous.

I like the original Sue game model & face a lot better.

But in the end it's just artistic preference.

GManDH

so in an interesting turn of events, this game has spread to Brazil and now my cousins want to create a supergroup. I will always be a GAFfer, however i am going to play with family. I will still be on the forums and if you guys ever want to do something together i would be more than happy to join in. thanks for all the fun times guys,

j7O0ewhFPULhu.jpg

Don't you think that's a little offensive? You're judging a character based on the roundness of her ass. Honestly. Sue's model is fine, as is Psylocke's. Their body proportions are completely acceptable.

Don't you think that's a little offensive? You're judging a character based on the roundness of her ass. Honestly. Sue's model is fine, as is Psylocke's. Their body proportions are completely acceptable.

Im judging her on her looks and I think thats fine, because she is not a real person. There is a heavy emphasis on ideals in comics, whether its Captain Americas abs or Emma Frosts butt.
I like things to look nice. Visual appeal is important to me.

Oh god Steam changed their system so we have to actually press the goddamn big green button to publish games now.

Maaaaaan, I already have a bad enough time on release days staying out of the community forums and lives sales pages and all that.
Now I actually have to stress out and push the button.

AHHHH I JUST WANTED TO PLAY MARVEL HEROES!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
If that mac pack does indeed imply that we are getting doom team-up next week I will be be pretty psyched. So weird to have Doom as your side-kick, though. He is DOOM! He is second fiddle to no one! You are HIS team-up!

Bought Thor, got Rocket Raccoon (sweet)!
Bought Invisible Woman, got Invisible Woman (d'oh)!
Bought Punisher, got Punisher (d'oh again)!

Bought Moon Knight's NOW costume because it's amazing. Got Rocket Raccoon's casual clothes or whatever it is (meh).

RNG wasn't great to me but still pretty happy to have scored RR at least from my Thor purchase. Only a few characters on the roster left for me to own now and I'll leave them for Splinter purchases.

EDIT and bought Psylocke with Splinters.

Rhaknar

As far as I can tell, Sue still has a perfect body in the comics (as comic characters of both sexes tend to have). I suppose she will look however artists want to make her look. I wish Dink/Gaz wanted her to look good.

3521865-2505860193-fanta.jpg

Fantastic_Four_2_Adams_Variant.jpg

well comics will be comics. fucking Madame Web looks like a super model and shes like 100. I was talking about artist interpretation and maybe Dink (who also modeled psylocke, who IS all model like) wanted to not gloss over the fact that shes a bit older and popped 2 out by now (isnt Dink a woman as well?)

this is just what im assuming by the way, it might just be a case of bad modeling

edit: also those red and black costumes are badass, is that what they rock these days?

Kikarian

Sorry for my ignorance as I'm fairly new to the game.

What do I do with my new character I bought (Moon Knight) in terms of leveling him up? As he's only level 1 at the moment.

KePoW

Banned

What do I do with my new character I bought (Moon Knight) in terms of leveling him up? As he's only level 1 at the moment.

Is that your first character ever? Just start playing the Prologue and Story.

Not sure what you're referring to??

Sorry, just random shop talk. I publish various JP indie games on Steam as my day job.
I'm only a sexy Japanese Psychic Ninja by night.

Our new hotness, Astebreed, launches in a few hours. So it's a late night for me.

inky

Do the story mode until you get more familiar with the game, and then we can recommend some more efficient leveling and give you some tips. Top right corner of the screen should show you where you are, and under the map is your current mission. Just go out and kill stuff :p

inky

Second. My Punisher is level 18. Do I go to the teleporter thing that allows me to go back to previous missions in order to level my Moon Knight?

The story missions are per character, not shared. So you need to start from the beginning again. If you don't feel like repeating the story mode again (although you should, you are still early on) you can try the other modes and see which one you like. =)

Xevren

You're arguing with a dude that has a scantily clad DOA 5 chick as an avatar, this shouldn't be that surprising.

Second. My Punisher is level 18. Do I go to the teleporter thing that allows me to go back to previous missions in order to level my Moon Knight?

Yeah any teleporter will carry you anywhere in the game now. The left tab has all of the story mission waypoints. You have to unlock them each time for the characters, so there won't be many you can pick from so it should be obvious where you need to go.

KePoW

Banned
I'm not familiar with Surtur from comix, never read him before. Does he work with Loki or is underneath Loki's control??

Lord Phol

Bad-ass! Can't wait to loot that shit! :D. Will most likely be doing Raids with Ghost Rider and Wolverine, with Nightcrawler and Gambit as back-up.

Rhaknar

We will need a tank right? Someone needs to play Thing for us

Hulk or Colossus and thats me. either tht or ill bite the bullet and play Sue or Strange with no offensive spells, just buffs and heals and shit lol

Rhaknar

Marvel Heroes ‏@MMMSociety 15m

Countdown to #MarvelHeroes2015 and anniversary has begun! http://bit.ly/1jB8Fzm

too bad we found that site like 1 week ago :p

Bought Squirrel Girl got Scarlet Witch

then I bought me a Hawkeye and got me a Ghost Rider. Pretty cool. Debating on if I wanna blow my last 500 gs on a costume, or buy another cheap hero and then pick up another 20 bucks to spend on costumes. Hmmm.

Top Bottom