• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Do it on your profile page at marvelheroes.com

Thanks. Armor looks rad, too bad I'll probably lose interest in the game long before RNG would bless me with a free iron man unlock.

RS4-

I didn't screw something up did I? I had just finished Chapter 3 I believe? After beating The Hood, I spoke to Hill and I think the reward was some motion sensor thing?

I don't see it in my stash/inventory.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I have to chime in and agree that current cash shop options do seem a bit outrageous. When I noticed that black panther costs less to unlock than any of his costumes, I got confused. Pretty much everything is too expensive. As has been mentioned already, It's kind of ridiculous that a single popular character costs as much as all of Torchlight 2.

It's definitely good that everything can technically be unlocked for free via rare drops, but it would be nice if there was also a more gradual way to earn them via slowly accruing alt currency for free.

Scirrocco

I think that's unintended, you should check the forums.

Just did, theirs already a ton of threads about it. Some people are saying its a known bug they dont mention it, though they do mention a simialr issue with the green goblin starter. I cant find any word on it from gaz.

If it wasnt daredevil twice, i could probably live with it, but im just not feeling the man without fear.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Oh well, I'll try this. I remember they were talking about hundreds of Marvel heroes being in this game, how many made it? 20?

sophora

I didn't screw something up did I? I had just finished Chapter 3 I believe? After beating The Hood, I spoke to Hill and I think the reward was some motion sensor thing?

Unsure, it could be a mission item. If I remember right the
Taskmaster
tape I found wasn't there anymore after I "used" it for the quest. Back in the beta the item would stay in your inventory so people would drop tapes everywhere.

inky

Check the mission description in your Mission Log. I think Agent Woo is the one that gives the item to you.

Anoregon

Has anyone successfully found any characters as a drop yet?

I'll laugh if the drop rate is equivalent to the highest couple runes in Diablo 2.

Zod rune droprate was what, like 1 in 300 million?

inky

Yes:

845FAD71B7EE70B44DA332F140D10E1EC253C942

Edt: beaten.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've managed a few artifact drops already, but no hero or costumes. To be honest, the only heroes I intend to buy for now are Squirel Girl and Nova when they become available. Otherwise, I'll be contet for a while.

alba

Little is the new Big
Yep they seem to just take down the servers whenever, they should really schedule that daily instead of having the game down like 3 times in the first few days, it's kinda off putting for a lot of players I'm sure.

smr00

Banned
Any build tips on Deadpool? The build i used in beta seems to not be as effective, it feels like the one healing passive was nerfed.

Is melee viable?

Sblargh

Banned
All right. Getting over my early beta trauma and trying it again now. Just saw giant bomb's quick look and at least the UI seems much better.

Lord Phol

Okey PvP is really retarded atm >>. Had a storm that flew around spamming one ability that aoe kills everything and perma slows everyone to a crawl. Also met a Jean grey that I couldn't touch becuase of bubble shield, and pretty much everyone who wasn't standing right in mah face were untargetable with my uppercut. Not to mention permastun spiderman and godmode (as in actual god mode/unkillable) deadpool with teleport.

Just gonna ignore this feature until they know what they wanna do with it.

Game is so much fun, but damn those stupid prices. I would spend a ton on this game if I didn't feel like I was getting ripped off. Costumes should not be more than characters.

As for drops, between my gf and me and two characters up to lvl 14 each we had gotten three costumes and one character to drop so far.

Is this game compatible with the Xbox controller or is it just mouse and keyboard?

I can't access reviews at the moment, but is the general consensus that it's pretty good?

Nekrono

After watching Giant Bomb's Quick Look I'm genuenly interested in trying out the game but the pricing for characters/stuff in this game is so disgusting that I don't think I'll be playing it for long.

I wanted to play as Iron Man but I'm not paying $20 bucks for him, that's one third of a "AAA" title just for ONE CHARACTER, fuck that bullshit and fuck whoever came up with the prices in this game.

Oh well, I'll try this. I remember they were talking about hundreds of Marvel heroes being in this game, how many made it? 20?
I could be mistaken, but are you sure you aren't mixing up something said about LEGO Marvel? I recall that game being said to have an insane amount of characters.

Is this game compatible with the Xbox controller or is it just mouse and keyboard?
Just KB+M by default, however I have used my 360 controller very well to play it (as well as both Torchlights, PoE and DarkSpore) via Xpadder as I outlined here:
Its not the most efficient way to play, but I use my 360 controller via xpadder just fine. My settings:
Sticks move cursor. Face buttons are lmb/rmb/ability 1 n 2. Shoulders / Triggers are 3-5 n shift. Left analog click is ability 6 (always medpack for me). Right analog click is hero swap. Dpad are shortcuts to powers inventory, social and map. Back is alt and start is escape.
If you'd like to try it, here's my xpadder profile file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/n7dqmkhcml9m1uk/Marvel+Heroes.xpadderprofile
Found my first artifact:

http://i.imgur.com/Pg2cINj.jpg

Haven't equipped it yet but it seems like it could be cool?
My first thought upon reading that description was "that sounds like a move Johnny Storm would have".

smr00

Banned
I found Storm at the beginning (which i believe everyone gets a character from the beginning when you first play) and then i found Black Panther and Black Widow. I wish you could trade the heroes you find because i already own them all. Would rather give them to people on GAF.

Got Deadpool to 40 today, can't decide on if i want to level up Colossus, Hulk, Thor or Iron Man. I want someone who just fucks shit up and is almost impossible to die. Mostly to use for farming and stuff when i get the character to end-game.

My first thought upon reading that description was "that sounds like a move Johnny Storm would have".

I equipped it on my Thing and the fireball part is a 30 second cool down that shoots 5 or 6 fireballs out of you. Unfortunately, it did like NO damage, barely took 5-10% off enemy life bar. I wonder if this could be because I'm Thing and he has only +1 energy. Hopefully it's that and not the item itself.

Kurod

Banned
The lag is starting to kill my pc. It's okay in instances but in open areas and ESPECIALLY around crafters like Forge in Xavier's mansion the fps dip down into the single digits.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The lag is starting to kill my pc. It's okay in instances but in open areas and ESPECIALLY around crafters like Forge in Xavier's mansion the fps dip down into the single digits.

Yeah, lag right there is misery. Everywhere else in there is good...But that spot is just gross.

RPGCrazied

I have a bad feeling the hero drop is pretty low. Been playing all day and I'm still using my starter hawkeye. You can easily tell what the starter heroes are. I see a billion things roaming around. lol

Also, whats up with the loading times? Sometimes I can sit at one for almost 3 minutes, and my hard drive is not even doing anything.

Scirrocco

I have a bad feeling the hero drop is pretty low. Been playing all day and I'm still using my starter hawkeye. You can easily tell what the starter heroes are. I see a billion things roaming around. lol

Also, whats up with the loading times? Sometimes I can sit at one for almost 3 minutes, and my hard drive is not even doing anything.

That hero drops are supposed to be a little better in endgame stuff, so hopefully that fix itself over time.

I'll give this a spin. Which of the starting characters would be recommended as the most fun to play?

Personally I was a Hawkeye fan. Thing is okay if you like slow and plodding but powerful. A lot of people said Scarlet Witch was one of the best starters in the game but I wasn't a fan of the powers. IMHO Daredevil stinks. Never played Storm.

Deadly

Out of curiosity what would everyone feel is an acceptable price to pay for a hero ? From a business move it's obviously very clever to price heroes like Spiderman etc much higher as they are much more popular. From my/our perspective I was the same as many folk here 'you're charging THAT for Spiderman!' though thankfully Punisher/Hulk didn't cost me too much (and will do me for a while). Genuinely curious.
10-15$ max for the popular characters. 20 is a bit ridiculous.

Top Bottom