• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Yo dem stats tho... The Omega system is ridiculous.

XadKYIh.png

so on the test Server Psylocke costs 1 g to buy
might be nothing might be something who knows

All heroes/team ups are 1G on the TC for ease of testing.

Vecks

Ugh, I shouldn't have been playing and instead should have been ebay'n. Hopefully more go up before the BOGO ends.

When does that end, by the way? When the anniversary starts?

Website says at least June 4th. So, maybe they'll extend it a little?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Website says at least June 4th. So, maybe they'll extend it a little?

I think he's asking when those eBay codes end, which have been around for ages. Unless he's asking about bogo but I think this comes in relation to the 2600g keys talk earlier

Also I miss your Cyke avatar :/

Indignate

I think he's asking when those eBay codes end, which have been around for ages. Unless he's asking about bogo but I think this comes in relation to the 2600g keys talk earlier

Also I miss your Cyke avatar :/

I was asking about the BOGO. I was wondering if it would extend through the anniversary events as that would give more time for hopefully some more codes to pop up on ebay.

I doubt either will happen however.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was asking about the BOGO. I was wondering if it would extend through the anniversary events as that would give more time for hopefully some more codes to pop up on ebay.

I doubt either will happen however.

My bad

Rhaknar

Apparently there's still not 365 gifts in the TC, only about 340 or something

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Rocket confirmed as a starter in 2015 (pic posted by Doomsaw)

XyWWqxJ.jpg

With Rocket Raccoon added to the choice of starting heroes, does that mean he'll see a price drop? :D I have his Deep Space costume but have not bought him yet.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
With Rocket Raccoon added to the choice of starting heroes, does that mean he'll see a price drop? :D I have his Deep Space costume but have not bought him yet.

Probably not, the starting roster already has a bunch of 900G/400 splinter heroes.

garath

Handed my friend $10 today and told him to buy a hero that he likes lol. If I wasn't in such a mad rush to get 30 for the rewards I'd start playing Gambit. I do like Black panther though.

I tried the xdefense holo mission but that was tough! The mission that has doc ock and juggernaut seems impossible solo. I can't keep the citizens alive and take down the bosses at the same time. They kill me too fast.

Instead I've been churning the other holo mission (I forget the name, it's the middle of the 3) and have better luck with that one. At best I made it through 13 waves before I had to stop playing, now that it's higher level I can usually get through 2-3 before failing. Venom, endless waves (of anything but sentinals) and the pyro missions are the easiest and basically free loot :) I'm using all purple gear now.

Anoregon

Handed my friend $10 today and told him to buy a hero that he likes lol. If I wasn't in such a mad rush to get 30 for the rewards I'd start playing Gambit. I do like Black panther though.

I tried the xdefense holo mission but that was tough! The mission that has doc ock and juggernaut seems impossible solo. I can't keep the citizens alive and take down the bosses at the same time. They kill me too fast.

Instead I've been churning the other holo mission (I forget the name, it's the middle of the 3) and have better luck with that one. At best I made it through 13 waves before I had to stop playing, now that it's higher level I can usually get through 2-3 before failing. Venom, endless waves (of anything but sentinals) and the pyro missions are the easiest and basically free loot :) I'm using all purple gear now.

Are you doing X-defense solo? It is not meant to be solo. Holo-sim is ok solo, though.

Anoregon

The only hero I want is Squirrel Girl, so if I don't have G's for her, I may take your suggestion since I'm impartial to everyone else right now!

i actually bought squirrel girl last night. Her playstyle/mechanics really are pretty awesome, even if as a concept she's fucking ludicrous.

Rhaknar

cool that Rocket was added to the starters, if you think about it, makes alot of sense with GotG coming out soon

nothing else leaked then?

mana? what is this, diablo?

Ha, maybe?

fvX40RG.gif

There's a thread on the official forums where he might be teasing stuff throughout the day. the new starters came from that too.

really looking forward to the mac beta. cap &!black panther are both free characters, right?

Yeah, they're both starters. But once you pick your first character, the rest you either have to buy or spend splinters on, so not free beyond who you first pick.

Anoregon

really looking forward to the mac beta. cap &!black panther are both free characters, right?

Yarp. That pic posted above with rocket shows all of the available starter options as of tomorrow, most likely.

Rhaknar

on a unrelated note, I might put wolvie aside for a second today and level Psylocke to 20 (not that it takes long) just so shes ready for the box of lvl 20 uniques

Anoregon

on a unrelated note, I might put wolvie aside for a second today and level Psylocke to 20 (not that it takes long) just so shes ready for the box of lvl 20 uniques

I'm leveling some of my newies to 20-30 as well. Ms Marvel from the MMORPG random box, and I bought squirrel girl and ironman yesterday, who both seem pretty fun.

On an unrelated note, one of the first things I'm going to do tomorrow is spend 2 of the 5 free molecules we get to toss punisher default, iron man default, and silver centurion costumes in the blender. INC THING PANTS.

Rhaknar

Thanks... any thoughts on how fun cap is vs bp?

both awesome (captian america shocked me at how much I liked him because I have 0 interest in the actual character) but you should know that Taskmaster has a similar playstyle to cap (and by similar I mean he has cap's best move, the bouncing shield heh) and he is a 200 splinter hero (cheapest), take that into consideration

Anoregon

Thanks... any thoughts on how fun cap is vs bp?

I can't speak to Cap as I don't have him, but the shield skills that Taskmaster has sure are fun.

BP is pretty cool, I like energy ground AoE.

Cap is really fun and powerful, easily one of my most favorite characters. Tankier than BP too, so if you're not sure whether you want to start with a squishy like Panther, grab Cap.

Rhaknar

ok got my Betsy to lvl 20 for the unique box, did all my costume affixes before they up the prices, bought every costume I wanted to have except Thing Fear Itself from the bogo... I think im set for the patch

KePoW

Banned

Just to reiterate, you are NOT supposed to do X-Def solo. When you queue for it, make sure you do not check the box to queue solo. It's meant for party of 5 (it wil automatically group you with a full party, like a Dungeon Finder)

KePoW

Banned
On an unrelated note, one of the first things I'm going to do tomorrow is spend 2 of the 5 free molecules we get to toss punisher default, iron man default, and silver centurion costumes in the blender. INC THING PANTS.

That's gonna rock so hard. I'm cheering for that bud!

shock33

Echo the comments above on Gambit, close to starting cosmic prestige on him, great fun with viable hybrid, melee and ranged builds

Anoregon

That's gonna rock so hard. I'm cheering for that bud!

-_-

Since I finally bought ironman last night, I'm almost guaranteed to get him the next time there are free random box codes.

KePoW

Banned
-_-

Since I finally bought ironman last night, I'm almost guaranteed to get him the next time there are free random box codes.

HAHA

In all seriousness, I just blended a costume couple days ago and got Thing Future Foundation (the white one).

I already have Thing Fear Itself, so yeah....

Rhaknar

if, like me, you care about getting all the talent points, extra health and spirit from each story difficulty (basically anything that affects your character), here is a quick guide on how to do it fast. Note that you dont actually need to pick up the quests from the npcs, when youre in the correct zone the quest just gets added to your log.

Disclaimer: this assumes you have at least 1 character that has done story mode normally, and has most of the teleport points. This is mainly for ALT purposes.

Now then. First, do the prologue as usual. Go to the bank, just rush to Blackcat and kill her and everyone despawns. Go to Avengers tower, do the raft

Chapter 1. Change to your "main" hero, teleport to Abandoned Subway (you cant port to the club because you cant change characters there), exit the subway, change back to your alt, enter the subway, kill shocker -> exit subway into the club, rush through warehouse, kill doc ock, grab the Tablet (25 health reward)

Chapter 2. Change to your main, teleport to the cargo freighter, exit, change to your alt, walk back in and clear it, go back to maria hill in Avengers tower (1 power point reward)

Chapter 3. Change to your main, teleport to Bamboo forrest, change back to your alt, dash your way north until you find the alcove with a canoo/boat outside, go inside the instance, clear it for 5 spirit bonus. Press B (default) to port back to your base, change to your main, teleport to Hand Tower, exit, change to your alt, go back in, rush through ignoring all the ninjas and just kill elektra and grab the tablet

Chapter 4. Change to your main, teleport to Upper East Side (THIS IS OPTIONAL, if you dont want the retcon potion skip this), go to the police station and kill bullseye (retcon reward). Change back to your main, teleport to Fisk Tower, exit and change to your alt, clear the tower (as usual just ignore the mobs and go straight for the boss), grab the tablet again (lol) for 1 power point reward

Chapter 5. Change to your main, teleport to Old Trainyard, exit and change to your alt, go back in and rush to juggernaut for 50 health reward

Chapter 6. change to your main, teleport to Command Bunker, exist and change back, rush and kill pyro / magneto for 5 spirit reward.

Chapter 7. Change to your main, teleport to the shield science station, change back to your alt and cler it for 1 power point reward. Change to your main again, teleport to mutate marsh, change back and search the marsh for a instance called Evolution Facility (this is the most annoying part of this guide in my opinion), clear it for 50 health reward. Press B (default) to go back to your base, switch to your main, teleport to Sinister lab, exit and change back, clear it.

Chapter 8. Clear AIM weapon facility because you need to to get access to Hydra Island. Clear Hydra island for 5 spirit reward. Change to your main, teleport to Doom Castle, exit and change back, clear Doom Castle to get access to chapter 9.

Chapter 9. Change to your main, teleport to ancient ruin site. Change back to your alt and go inside after the cutscene for 1 power point reward. Clear it, in Odins palace go to the northwest corner for the quest to go to the canals. In the canals pray to all the gods that the bosses before Malekith instance are dead so you can just walk in, if not you have to kill all the bosses (theres always people around) to get access to Malekith instance (follow the yellow circle quest marker, its usually in the middle-ish of the map). Clear Malekith, go back to Odin Palace, go to the northeast corner for Loki quest. Kill Loki for 5 spirit reward.

Rinse and repeat for Heroic and Superheroic and hats it, this is what I do with every hero. You could ignore the health and spirit bonuses and it would take half the time. But im OCD so I need those too. Hope this helps

Vecks

Did a costume craft, got Dark Phoenix. lol, 3rd time getting this costume. Kind of odd how many iron man costumes there are, yet almost never get them in the random draw.

Top Bottom