• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, Gambit from my box seems rad. 450G for Taskmaster and Gambit will keep me busy. I didn't even really care about Taskmaster, but Anoregon saying, "Get Taskmaster!" made me, well, get Taskmaster. I only had 575G, so I couldn't afford Squirrel Girl anyways.

So when it comes to gearing up, do you guys just run Cosmic terminals or what? I can run a Cosmic, it's just...slow. But I'm not entirely sure what to upgrade at this point. Artifacts sure, but since those are SO random, I'm just stuck grinding for ???

Lord Phol

Yeah, Gambit from my box seems rad. 450G for Taskmaster and Gambit will keep me busy. I didn't even really care about Taskmaster, but Anoregon saying, "Get Taskmaster!" made me, well, get Taskmaster. I only had 575G, so I couldn't afford Squirrel Girl anyways.

So when it comes to gearing up, do you guys just run Cosmic terminals or what? I can run a Cosmic, it's just...slow. But I'm not entirely sure what to upgrade at this point. Artifacts sure, but since those are SO random, I'm just stuck grinding for ???

You kind of all ready need to have some good gear to run cosmics. They are best to run for specific artifacts and cosmic rings/medallions. For just gearing X-Def is pretty much the go to place. MM and Holo-sim are decent alternatives and if there's an event going on that usually helps out alot,

KePoW

Banned

I rarely do Cosmic Terminals.

As someone else said, X-Def is best for a fresh 60

Lord Phol

Okey now Doomsaw is just trolling like a madmen, either he hasn't slept for days or they got something really cool in store for the anniversary:

Doomsaw said:
Nick Fury SHIELD-Omancer.

Gaz pls.
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1262209#Comment_1262209

Doomsaw said:
Surfer was right.
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1262365#Comment_1262365

I really didn't think there would be a suprise hero for the anniversary but after this, man if they don'r unveil something awesome people are going to get so mad :p.

KePoW

Banned
Okey now Doomsaw is just trolling like a madmen, either he hasn't slept for days or they got something really cool in store for the anniversary:

Is Doomsaw the game handle for that Brevik developer? (the guy who has a blood feud with the Diablo 3 team??)

shock33

EDIT - To Garath's comments

You can build that one while levelling, then respec at 60 to max it using one of the free respecs you pick up in the story.

I genuinely think Street Sweep is one of the best powers in the game, tied with Ms Marvels charged AOE where she pulls in mobs. Drop 3 in a few directions, watch savate expert proc to heal you up while it destroys mobs, great in any build

EDIT 2 - Yeah I remain unconvinced by Fold em, preferred to keep grand slam when I ran a melee build, fold em feels too awkward in use

Lord Phol

Is Doomsaw the game handle for that Brevik developer? (the guy who has a blood feud with the Diablo 3 team??)

Nope! Doomsaw is the guy that jumped in some months ago and turned "Beta" MH into the awesome MH we have today.
Edit: His title is Creative Director as stated by Red Arremer below.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1262209#Comment_1262209

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1262365#Comment_1262365

I really didn't think there would be a suprise hero for the anniversary but after this, man if they don'r unveil something awesome people are going to get so mad :p.

i-want-to-believe.jpg

but I dont

KePoW

Banned
Doomsaw is the creative director, Jeff Donais.
David Brevik goes by Xarex. He also does not have a "blood feud" with the Diablo 3 team. :p

Ahhh okay. I thought Brevik was the guy who had a major war of words with Diablo 3 founder or team, or something.

Maybe that was a different Gaz employee lol

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Naa, Brevik rarely posts and is Xarex.

Doomsaw's trolling is out of control right now. People are seriously going to flip their shit if nick isn't playable tomorrow lol. I don't particularly think he will (and I'm not even that psyched about a playable nick fury, tbh) so I wouldn't really be bummed, but man. Doom is fanning those flames furiously.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Naa, Brevik rarely posts and is Xarex.

Doomsaw's trolling is out of control right now. People are seriously going to flip their shit if nick isn't playable tomorrow lol. I don't particularly think he will (and I'm not even that psyched about a playable nick fury, tbh) so I wouldn't really be bummed, but man. Doom is fanning those flames furiously.

as someone who always plays pet classes in mmos/rpgs and has been disapointed by every pet class in Marvel so far (what I want is basically rocket with multiple groots), Im struggling not to get excited. dont care about Nick as a character, but as a class? hhnngggg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
as someone who always plays pet classes in mmos/rpgs and has been disapointed by every pet class in Marvel so far (what I want is basically rocket with multiple groots), Im struggling not to get excited. dont care about Nick as a character, but as a class? hhnngggg

pfft. squirrels is best minions.

KePoW

Banned
Doomsaw's trolling is out of control right now. People are seriously going to flip their shit if nick isn't playable tomorrow lol. I don't particularly think he will (and I'm not even that psyched about a playable nick fury, tbh)

Yeah me neither, at least not the black nick fury. I like the white Nick Fury a lot better.

Ahhh okay. I thought Brevik was the guy who had a major war of words with Diablo 3 founder or team, or something.

Maybe that was a different Gaz employee lol

That "war of words" is completely blown out of proportion, lol.
Brevik got interviewed at one point, and was asked about D3, and he said that D3 is not the direction he would've taken the game to, and that's about it. He was very courteous about it. The D3 team however took it personally and was really offended, and so Gaz has started doing a lot of jabs at Blizzard/Diablo in return (and also is trying to 1up them with MH).

KePoW

Banned
That "war of words" is completely blown out of proportion, lol.
Brevik got interviewed at one point, and was asked about D3, and he said that D3 is not the direction he would've taken the game to, and that's about it. He was very courteous about it. The D3 team however took it personally and was really offended, and so Gaz has started doing a lot of jabs at Blizzard/Diablo in return (and also is trying to 1up them with MH).

Ohhh haha okay, that's funny!

Anoregon

I'm exercising after work today just so I can rush home tomorrow and sit at on my computer all night-guilt free. Even if there is no secret hero (or teamup) I have enough G leftover after my last round of bogo purchases to buy my first teamup, so I'll be running arouhd with my buddy Bill.

I'm really pumped about Omega too, because until now I've liked leveling more than playing 60 chars just due to the feeling of progress that isn't there anymore at 60. Omega sort of re-inserts that into the endgame and that will do me a lot of good.

I love but also hate when the Devs tease. :p

dev teases are fine if theres a payoff, if theres not, its just a dick move

With Gaz it generally pays off. I don't think they've blown stuff out of proportion in terms of teasing. I mean, the April Fools joking even ended up being a little bit true, with Tasky coming out. :p

Rhaknar

dev teases are fine if theres a payoff, if theres not, its just a dick move

Lord Phol

With Gaz it generally pays off. I don't think they've blown stuff out of proportion in terms of teasing. I mean, the April Fools joking even ended up being a little bit true, with Tasky coming out. :p

Also Mjolnir spewing Cosmic Doop! Though he wasn't playable :p.
Might not be a hero but I'm pretty sure they have something special up their sleeves.

Damn. That seems awesome. I am so on board with that build. So I guess early levels you basically didn't drop points into anything or utilized a respec later?

Yeah I just saved points. The start is always the slowest. However at this point I was getting 90%+ experience per character and I always use a 1hour XP boost at the start (got them free from GAZ giveaways/vendor cards) to speed it up even further so for me the start wasn't very long.

Anoregon

Pretty much every other thread on the main disccusion forum is about surprise hero for tomorrow. I'm sure that would be the case anyway, but the the doomsaw posts can't be helping.

Anoregon

roflll, doom just gave the streamer 1500g to buy lady deadpool, so he can stream as lady deadpool.

Rhaknar

Let's have some fun with this shall we? Look at this picture from yesterday

you mean Groot? When people were speculting him yesterday, I did say it wouldnt surprise me since it would be very easy to do:

- minimal voice work required
- model and animations already in game
- costumes already in game (he changes costume every time you change rocket's costume)
- those little mini groot saplings from something could be a special move

I only said surfer because of the Galactus tease earlier. I would MUCH rather if it was Groot, purely for selfish reasons (I already own Surfer from the pack, and I would love a hero to spend splinters on)

edit: of course it could just be a groot team up, using the same moves as the rocket summon, which would be even easier to implement and it would be horrible, because it would completely strip Rocket of one of his special things, if not THE thing

Lord Phol

Yeah Groot related is my bet. They've stated before that they don't have the tech to do Surfer atm and that he's a late 2014/early 2015 hero. That being said it really could be anything :p.

Anoregon

I'd be pumped for groot teamuup (or playable) and surfer would be awesome. Never really cared for rogue, though.

Rhaknar

as a fan of Rocket, if Groot is a team up I would be seriously bummed out

edit:

Bonus Preview #2:

Omega System cap is now 7500.

up from 5k right?

Might be another Guardian, though. Perhaps that Groot stuff is just to push into the right direction. :p

That said, someone in the stream chat Doomsaw is currently hogging mentioned Ant-Man as possibility, because Doomsaw would have a blast telling people that he's on the artwork, but you can't see him.

Anoregon

Might be another Guardian, though. Perhaps that Groot stuff is just to push into the right direction. :p

That said, someone in the stream chat Doomsaw is currently hogging mentioned Ant-Man as possibility, because Doomsaw would have a blast telling people that he's on the artwork, but you can't see him.

hahaha oh man, that would be awesome

Top Bottom