• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Indignate

I think she is now. When she was introduced she wasn't, but I think they have aged her up as they tend to do with female superheroes that become popular.

Didn't the recent stuff with young Cyclops confirm that she is still young though? I don't keep up with much Marvel stuff anymore, but some friends were saying they were surprised how young she still was.

Maybe they were just insinuating her age to past Cyclops' age, which I don't know either, although I think I've been told they're all in their teens.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Looks awesome. Also, if you want to know what she's about, I highly recommend Innocence Lost and its follow-up, Target X. They detail her origins and they are legitimately good stories. NYX is good as well but it's an ensemble story that she happens to be in, and shows how she dealt with the fallout of her extremely messed up upbringing (not well).

Drayco21

Didn't the recent stuff with young Cyclops confirm that she is still young though? I don't keep up with much Marvel stuff anymore, but some friends were saying they were surprised how young she still was.

Maybe they were just insinuating her age to past Cyclops' age, which I don't know either, although I think I've been told they're all in their teens.

It's best not to think about it too much beyond "teenager"- the sliding timeline really falls apart the moment you start to actually question it.

Only got a little bit of MH in last night, but it was a great night. Psylocke from 37 to 49 and thanks to the MM and Term boosts, I netted four Uniques, all specific to Psylocke with no dupes, and when I got back to the hub after my last Terminal run, I rolled a Fortune Card and bagged the Wolverine Days of Future Past costume!! So I've switched to that for my final run to 60 with Wolvey. Great timing.

Thinking I'll start on Cable next, and maybe run Daredevil in parallel.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I was just messing around on TC, the punisher costume is pretty rad.

I did a costume craft over there and got a (non-fear) thing costume. lol. My random box luck extends to costume crafting apparently, even on the test server.

KePoW

Banned
She's a great character though. I read all of her origin stuff recently and am reading through New Mutants where she has just joined Xavier's Academy.

Her origin series are awesome as hell, I read those a few months ago.

Anyone interested in X-23 should read those first -- Innocence Lost / Target X

garath

Can you gift Gs or heroes to people? My buddy is really on the fence about the game and I think a lot of it is because he picked Hawkeye without realizing that would be his only hero for a run through. I have no problems throwing 20 bucks at the game and getting us each a hero and a bonus hero with the bogo but I'm not sure if you can do that?

Drayco21

Can you gift Gs or heroes to people? My buddy is really on the fence about the game and I think a lot of it is because he picked Hawkeye without realizing that would be his only hero for a run through. I have no problems throwing 20 bucks at the game and getting us each a hero and a bonus hero with the bogo but I'm not sure if you can do that?

Sadly, Hero Tokens are bound to your account, as are Splinters and I don't think G's can be traded or dropped at all.

Blank!

If he's early enough, just make a new account and start over.

Wallach

Wow. So no gifting of real money items at all. That really sucks. I'm feeling a bit spoiled by the model of league of legends :(

They did say that one of the things they wanted to get into the store was the ability to gift purchases to other players at the time of purchase. They just do not want to allow trading of said items between players after they've been purchased so they do not interact with the in-game economy at all.

Vecks

You can buy a Marvel Heroes promotional code on ebay. They are usually 10-15 bucks and give 2600Gs. It's a one time thing though per account. You can't use multiple of those.

ev0

Looking at all those gifts. What happens if you don't have enough inventory/stash space?

I'm pretty full right now and sadly have no money for Gs.

KePoW

Banned

If your friend has the Steam version, you can just gift him Steam Funds because that's how you buy G's with that version.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
ugt9DhQ.jpg

Best two things from the patch :p

Wallach

Yup, the Punisher costume is something I have been waiting for since day one... it's kind of amazing that I'm not just going to finally have it but get it free. It turned out awesome. Will have to work on getting Punisher caught up to snuff while I finish up Taskmaster's cosmic prestige this week.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
You can buy a Marvel Heroes promotional code on ebay. They are usually 10-15 bucks and give 2600Gs. It's a one time thing though per account. You can't use multiple of those.

Ohh I didn't know about this. Just bought one for 14 dollars.Thanks for the heads up!

garath

Ha. Well I just spent 10 bucks on the game and bought gambit. Got a free wolverine with it. Oh well. Free is free. Still leveling black panther though. I want 30 for those rewards! Up to 16. Definitely going faster with the holo missions

Ha. Well I just spent 10 bucks on the game and bought gambit. Got a free wolverine with it. Oh well. Free is free. Still leveling black panther though. I want 30 for those rewards! Up to 16. Definitely going faster with the holo missions

Wolverine isn't too bad. Certainly not one of the best, but I haven't hated my time with him or anything.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member

Once you hit lvl 20 you can start doing legendary quests which should get ya to 30 pretty quickly.

do x def till 20 then do legendary quests till 60

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What sort of build are you running?!

I'm at 53 now but still deciding between Berserkers and Chudan as the Stance selection.

And are you using Impale? Damage is great, but that Fury cost doesn't seem worthwhile?

Bleed build with eviscerate, the bleed aoe, the leap that also bleeds, signature and bleed basic. Dodge stance and healing factor passives. He's 50 atm, and I never used impale (because eviscerate does dmg based on bleeds)

Bleed build with eviscerate, the bleed aoe, the leap that also bleeds, signature and bleed basic. Dodge stance and healing factor passives. He's 50 atm, and I never used impale (because eviscerate does dmg based on bleeds)

Nice, pretty much the same then - only I haven't got any points in Crimson Leap.

Indignate

Ugh, I shouldn't have been playing and instead should have been ebay'n. Hopefully more go up before the BOGO ends.

When does that end, by the way? When the anniversary starts?

Top Bottom