• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Mupod

Still playing duo with my Thing friend as Rocket Racoon, at 26 now. We beat Dr. Doom and started on the green daily missions. They started off super easy but Magneto was pretty serious, and we stopped after Mr. Sinister.

Is there a gold version of the Bullseye medal? Seems like he isn't in any of the green daily missions so far, but there's a couple I haven't done yet.

I've got a level 3 Groot thanks to equipment, and him along with my level 15 turret make great distractions when I have to inevitably revive my friend a bunch of times. I don't even know how he'd solo something like Magneto. Gravity mine + tactical destruction are still mowing everything down though, tactical destruction in particular made every story boss a joke after I got it.

Jpb

Neo Member
Everytime I take a waypoint into a zone I'm placed into an instanced party/group with random people(This probably shouldn't happen?). I generally get removed from the party instantly, and i'm teleported out of the zone, so I'm unable to continue. I don't get it.

Everytime I take a waypoint into a zone I'm placed into an instanced party/group with random people(This probably shouldn't happen?). I generally get removed from the party instantly, and i'm teleported out of the zone, so I'm unable to continue. I don't get it.

You can disable this in the options.

GManDH

Found my first artifact:

Pg2cINj.jpg

Haven't equipped it yet but it seems like it could be cool?

i got the same thing. its pretty awesome. just wish it was a lil stronger though.

GManDH

has anyone gotten to endgame with Hawkeye? whats his ultimate like? how is the gear? can anyone help me with some crafting??

think I'll give this a try. I won't lie, i'm kinda compelled to pick up iron man... but that cost.

Is he worth it? I assume he's a range type character?

Talamius

First (and only) artifact I've got was a Terrigen Crystal. Activate and your next attack has a +420 damage bonus, but has a 20 second cooldown :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What's the deal with the
Mandarin
fight? It made no sense...Lots of being trapped in a bubble and taking ridiculous damage.

Uthred

This game feels very rough around the edges, even down to stuff like the shoddy icon design for powers (Scarlet Witches look like they were done in MSPaint). Also while its inevitable it just looks stupid seeing five or six of the same hereo knocking the shit out of one villain (Saw Electro get stomped by five hawkeyes, 3 daredevils and 4 scarlet witches).

think I'll give this a try. I won't lie, i'm kinda compelled to pick up iron man... but that cost.

Is he worth it? I assume he's a range type character?

When I played him in the beta, he was ridiculous. He could clear screens of mobs in seconds before they touched him using a continuous repulsor beam of some kind, and later in the game you can add homing missiles on top of that, so you could run around, avoid bosses, and have your stuff hit them without breaking a sweat.

I think he's since been nerfed a bit.

SRTtoZ

Ok gaf I just jumped in, downloaded and started playing. None of the starting toons are my cup of team so I plopped down 20 bucks and bought 2100 points so I can buy a different toon. My likes are Hulk>Wolverine>Ironman, in that order. Are certain toons better than others?

Oooh also, any ways to earn G's just by playing or do I need to keep throwing down cash for costumers and more toons etc? Sorry this is all new to me.

This game... my goodness. Haven't been this addicted to a game in a while. Played all day on and off. Still playing as we speak. I mentioned this before but one of my favorite aspects of Marvel is how varied the environments are. This really, really surprised me. I've played a lot of these F2P games and the variety in the environments, everything from detail to colors, is just so good. It really helps keeps things fresh, which is SO important in these hack & slash types of games. Fucking brilliant.

A couple hours ago I went to the second big base. I figured we'd be at Avengers Tower the whole game, nope. I won't spoil it but it's pretty obvious lol. It looks beautiful, lots of clean, bright colors.

DTKT

Me and a group of friends are starting a playthrough soon. We already have a Thor, Thing and a Storm. I still need to pick one and I was wondering if Scarlet Witch was a good fit.

Nekrono

So who's the best free hero to try the game with? I don't care about melee or ranged and don't have any hero preferences.

I just don't want a broken/boring hero.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I got Scarlet Witch twice as my starter character freebies for the story playthrough :(

Good luck.

I got Daredevil twice. Really shitty that they didn't set it up for you to receive one you DON'T have.

That said, Dr. Doom was a blast. Feel bad for melee though, holy shit.

Nekrono

i keep hearing scarlet witch, but i think she's bad against bosses?

Wait, don't you need multiple copies of a character to level your ultimate?

Also, finally back home and can play, now to decide if I want Storm or Scarlet Witch as my freebie

Found this on reddit though idk how accurate it is. Saw some other thread on reddit saying both SW and Storm drop off in effectiveness post lvl 30 (but SW moreso than Storm)
http://www.reddit.com/r/marvelheroes/comments/1fdxc5/pros_cons_of_each_of_the_5_starters/

Thanks! I was thinking going either Hawkeye or Thing and that guide sealed the deal with The Thing.

Qvoth

i chose thing as my start, still level 4 though but he seems ok i guess, don't have to dodge/roll/evade alot since he's tanky so he's easy so far

erragal

So who's the best free hero to try the game with? I don't care about melee or ranged and don't have any hero preferences.

I just don't want a broken/boring hero.

Thing is the most powerful of the starter heroes with really no points of weakness. Daredevil is one of the melee dps characters and all of them have high skill cap to play properly in this game; I wouldn't reccomend him unless you understand the dynamic of playing a squishy melee dps that relies on split second animation timings to function. Scarlet, Storm, and Hawkeye are different flavors of effective ranged characters; all have interesting damage and CC options. Scarlet in particular is likely the best raw debuffer but conversely the least mobile character in the game; she has no dash maneuver and flight isn't very convenient mid combat.

Nekrono

Thing is the most powerful of the starter heroes with really no points of weakness. Daredevil is one of the melee dps characters and all of them have high skill cap to play properly in this game; I wouldn't reccomend him unless you understand the dynamic of playing a squishy melee dps that relies on split second animation timings to function. Scarlet, Storm, and Hawkeye are different flavors of effective ranged characters; all have interesting damage and CC options. Scarlet in particular is likely the best raw debuffer but conversely the least mobile character in the game; she has no dash maneuver and flight isn't very convenient mid combat.

Yeah I ended going with Thing, hopefully I'll enjoy the ride.

If prices weren't so ridiculously high I would've bought Iron Man, Wolverine or Captain America.

Hey guys, heads-up!

Free 'Iron Man Heartbreaker' Armour

Alienware Arena are running a Marvel Heroes promotion and giving away redeemable keys for Iron Man's 'Heartbreaker' armour. There's only 3000 odd keys left and outside of this promotion, the costume will ONLY be available via a rare in-game drop or through purchase FROM June 28th.

Yeah I ended going with Thing, hopefully I'll enjoy the ride.

If prices weren't so ridiculously high I would've bought Iron Man, Wolverine or Captain America.

Heh if you don't plan to spend money on the game, you could always just make new accounts to try the different starters

Kurod

Banned
Gonna have to quit early tonight. Performance just seems to be horrible lately. Hell, pre-launch when chasing Venom with about 40 people on his butt it got a bit choppy but nothing as bad as it has been tonight anywhere in the Savage Land or Xavier's mansion.

I just got Thing's lvl 24 skill Crashing Leap and it's awesome. It's just like Hulk's skill where he jumps in the air and lands with epic force. I'm glad I picked Thing, he's tanky and does big dmg and can move around the map as good as anyone.

On another note, I just started chapter 7 (second to last chapter)... spoilers, don't read:
and it's the Savage Land and there's dinosaurs and it's YET ANOTHER completely new setting/environment. Fuck, this is like playing the x-men cartoon except a game

I also love the enemy variety in this game. So many different types of enemies, especially visually.

Top Bottom