• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

J-Tier

I see where you're going with that, but again, that's just a running animation, like storm starts to hover. She doesn't do spells from it or anything.

I'm wondering if Surfer basically never leaves the board (unless it's some spell where he launches it), and all of his animations are with him on the board.

Ah, I assumed you meant for movement. It would be kind of clunky if he had to get off the board for attacks though lol.

I personally don't doubt that he'd be on the board the whole time.

yzMAcKA.jpg

Reposting this just to have it on the new page. It just looks so goddamn fantastic.

Lord Phol

Nova's powers look super different, lol.

Well they are a bit different but they do have some resemblance!
Didn't mean they should make it exactly like that :p, but that particular power looks alot like Novas wormhole that he used when teaming up with Silver Surfer to save a planet :p. Mostly just want them to go all out on the visuals with Nova!

The new site looks good, I think this is new: http://mhcompendium.com/. Seems to be their official "wiki". Lots of detailed information.

Confirmed alternative costume for Silver Surfer:

167706-147535-silver-surfer.jpg

Happy Advance Pack buyer here!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Surfer is not coming tomorrow, he will be on TS on Friday, said by doomsaw himself on a stream

I'm just glad this means there is a June hero. July for Reed, august for Starlord, September for magneto (sept 25th according to doomsaw a few weeks ago), which leaves October/November for Jugg and Venom, and December for Rogue ( Rogue took Surfers spot in the late 2014/early 2015)

I wonder what his alt costume will be (since there's always at least 1 alt at release)

nova has to fit in too they keep saying hes coming sometime this year and im sure they teased around july but im going for when the new act comes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my busted wifi on my iphone didnt let me say this at work, but:

A) cant believe his alt is actually Silver Savage, arguably the most wanted costume (it was mine easily) and

B) hes only 400 splinters, most of us expected 600 (I dont care since I have the advance pack but its nice for those who dont)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What's silver savage from??

Planet Hulk

555427-167706_147535_silver_surfer_super.jpg

SilverSavage05.jpg

seems the plan is test server this weekend, release late next week (in the usual thursday/friday patch) if all goes well. Doomsaw said the release was for advance pack owners but I have to imagine its for the store also

Indignate

The supergroup always seems really quiet. Doesn't help that there's usually only like 5 or so people on. Do I just get on late and miss everyone or is that kind of the norm?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Cyclops 45...I want to hit 60 tonight, but I'm not sure I'll make it. I also should be gearing up Storm for raids, but I want that bonus XP.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
My excuse is that Wildstar just launched. Won't be diving back into MH until a hero I'm really interested drops.

You will want to log in at least once after the patch because of free stuff.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
llJUMJC.jpg

Kb9XlSG.jpg

6jB7GuL.jpg

also

Playable Heroes for 2014: Nova, Starlord, Juggernaut, Venom and Magneto. Starlord will be the next hero after Mr. Fantastic. Magneto will most likely be coming September 25th. Blade is marked for 2015 but could show up this year.

also

OTHER HEROES MENTIONED

Namor - Copyright issues currently

Dr. Doom - several story beats away from playable.

Inhumans - coming in the future.

Nova - "We are still awaiting a significant event to occur before finalizing and releasing Nova. He is fairly close though." They are hoping to add Nova to the game by the end of Summer.

Spidegirl - has been mentioned numerous times.

Gamora - an appearance in the near future.

Professor X - eventually playable.

Wolfsbane - may be playable at one point.

Firestar - Possible playable.

Bishop - No plans in the near future, but will be in game some day.

Nextwave members - anytime soon are unlikely.

Alpha Flight members - None planned to be playable yet. Maybe some will be team ups for next year.

Jamie Madrox - playable 38% chance

Vision - playable 95% chance

Dazzler and Black Cat - playable 75% chance

Elektra and Sunfire - considered for a playable heroes.

Juggernaut - Initial design conception has started.

X-23- Still in development on the side. Research into her Trigger Scent also appears in the Omega System, as one of the nodes in the Neural Enhancement division of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quicksilver is still TBD on what exactly we can do with him in the game.

Thanos - chance he will be playable 1 year or so down the line.

Agent Coulson - 20% chance playable at some point, but he would be in line behind Nick Fury. Possible Maria Hill enhanced costume.

Wiccan - would make a very reasonable playable hero on his own, with the design goal of creating a significantly different mechanical play pattern compared to Scarlet Witch.

Shadowcat - Chance she will be a playable. He mentioned that she is light on abilities so she's not in the top 10 list for 2015. He stated there were many years ahead of us, so she might not be joining us as a playable for awhile if it happens. Doomsaw has revised his statement about her being light on abilities and now states, she might be awesome! So for all the Shadowcat fans out there it's looking better for you.

spoilters for anniversary gift (its contents)

1 Free Stash Tab, 1 Punisher Omega Effect Costume, 1 Old Lace pet, 3 Ultimate Upgrade box (open on the hero you want it for), 1 box of 5 level 60 Uniques(5 gifts) for the hero who opens it, 1 box of 5 level 20 Uniques(5 gifts) for the hero that opens it, 1 Set of Purple Team Up Gear(4 gifts), 1 Brevik's Cowbell Artifact, 1 Pot of Gold legendary, 20 Cube Shards, 50 Eternity Splinters, 25 Odin Marks, 5 Day runes, 10 of each Relic(this is 130 Gifts), 20 ARMOR Research Drives, 1 Collector's Bounty, 1 Cosmic Penta Rush boost, 1 Odin's Bounty boost, 5 Unstable Molecules, 5 Retcons, 1 Matrix of Unbinding, 15 Crowns of Valor (pvp currency), 1 of each Mark 1-6 Cards, 3 Bovineheim portals, 3 Bovine Sector portals, 5 Extra Strength Haste Potions, 5 Extra Strength Damage Potions, 20 Fun Fireworks.

1 "Doomsaw" Unique - Slot 5 that has +4852 Brutal Strength

1 "Ryolnir's Beard" Artifact - + Energy Defense, + Defense Rating vs Burn, % to "ban" doing Mental and 2 second stun, % to "threaten with banhammer" causing cower in fear for 3 seconds

1 Bacon-Wrapped Hot Pepper Artifact - +Energy Defense, + Defense Rating vs. burn, % to "consume a hot pepper and be sheathed in flame" doing energy damage to attackers, % to "start talking with a habanero in your mouth" confusing surrounding attackers for 4 seconds.

lots of other info here

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/dis...d-surfer-this-month-pics-and-more-06-04-14/p1

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Those gifts are rad and plentiful! Of course, the one thing I want is the damn Cow Portal recipe, and that won't be happening anytime soon...

Makes me feel really good about all the money I've pumped into this game (just shy of $200 total). Definitely worth it given how great these devs have been.

The Namor copyright "issues" are a rumor. I know there's some extremely vocal people on the MH forums who run around shutting everybody down saying Universal owns his game rights (especially the guy named DarkBeast), but that's not true.

The whole "Universal owns the game rights to Namor" rumor came together through circumstantial stuff, and none of it was an actual confirmation whether or not.

The things that lead to this:
  • Namor hasn't been in any Marvel video game since Ultimate Alliance (2006), despite there being several massive character roster games like Lego Marvel.
  • He was on a list of supposed characters that Gazillion wasn't allowed to use in Super Hero Squad Online (among Cannonball, Bishop, Forge, Danny Ketch Ghost Rider, Justice, Beta Ray Bill and Magma), however, that was one single forum post not done by a developer.
  • Somebody asked Brevoort (one of Marvel's higher editors/publishers) on his Formspring about Namor not being part of the Phoenix Five in the Facebook game Avengers Alliance, Brevoort's response was very vague, and that "someone else might have the game rights" (never was that an actual confirmation!)
  • Kevin Feige confirmed Universal Studios has the film rights to Namor.

The exclusion of Namor in Avengers Alliance's version of the Phoenix Five was explained by Playdom (the developers of the game) by saying that it wouldn't make sense to include all 5 characters if Jean Grey was alive and well in the game, and they had wanted to add Magik and not Namor.
Also, a friend of mine talked with the producer of the game at a comic con about it, and the producer said something like "Don't believe in rumors".
Also, the SHSO characters obviously don't extend to MH, as we have Beta Ray Bill as costume/team-up, and Bishop and Forge as NPCs, with Bishop confirmed being planned playable as well. Plus, SHSO has Beta Ray Bill playable by now, as well.

So, to me, there's substantial evidence in Namor not being blocked by copyright issues, but rather the fact the developers of the latest Marvel games didn't feel it was necessary to include him at that point. The rumor about Namor's game rights situation was already very wonky from the start, and I never thought it was legit in the first place.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
B) hes only 400 splinters, most of us expected 600 (I dont care since I have the advance pack but its nice for those who dont)

400 splinters is confirmed? I didn't see that.

Dec

Get extra codes if you can, you can only redeem one per account this time so we can hand them out to new GAF players.

Edit: Since there is no account system required just load the page on a different browser or clear cache files to get more.

Indignate

Snagged one and then did the scumbag thing and tried to snag another!

They smartly did the thing where only one code works per account.

Gonna hold the second key for a friend.

Have you redeemed them? Because I think there's a time limit on using them. Both of the ones I tried gave me the error:

"This key has reached its redemption limit and is no longer valid."

Nevermind, I got one to work.

Dec

Have you redeemed them? Because I think there's a time limit on using them. Both of the ones I tried gave me the error:

"This key has reached its redemption limit and is no longer valid."

I redeemed mine successfully, tried a second and got an error similar to that. If you check your key history did one go through?

Basically what I had to do was go into incognito mode to go in with a clear cache, get the key from the site, and then quickly enter it into my already logged in account. It took a few tries. I think they're giving them out to multiple IPs, and there's a time limit on each code.

Lord Phol

I redeemed mine successfully, tried a second and got an error similar to that. If you check your key history did one go through?

Yeah same for me, first worked, second one gave me "This key has reached its redemption limit and is no longer valid.".

Since I don't know if there's a time limit or not I'm just gonna post my keys here for people to try (if you successfully redeem one please post in this thread saying so):

MSLY-RHBX-XHWA-GEWG - TAKEN
MSLY-RHBX-WN3B-E68F
MSLY-RHBX-MPR5-9VIO
MSLY-RHBX-49MM-M0S4 - TAKEN

garath

Well sadly I'm not 30 yet. I hope the gifting doesn't start immediately and gives me a chance to get to 30. I don't want to miss out on that stuff :(

I'm about a bubble from 20.

Kinda sucks because I want to start playing Gambit and Wolverine but if I just alt it up, it'll take me forever to get to 30 lol.

edit: damn. looks like I'm not even going to be able to play over lunch unless the maintenance is quick. :( How long does the maintenance usually take?

I think you have until the 12th, Garath. Once you hit 20, just do legendary quests. From 20-23 it will probably be a couple legendary quests for each level. You get a ton of xp from them.

Dec

Well sadly I'm not 30 yet. I hope the gifting doesn't start immediately and gives me a chance to get to 30. I don't want to miss out on that stuff :(

Kinda sucks because I want to start playing Gambit and Wolverine but if I just alt it up, it'll take me forever to get to 30 lol.

You'll have a week from today to get 30 and talk to the npc for the gifts.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Once Legendary Quests open up, you'll fly through levels.

Also, anyone have the passive bonuses for the second set of Team-Ups? I am considering purchasing it, but Magik is just such a sweet passive Team-Up that I don't know if it's worth it yet.

Top Bottom