• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Drayco21

i can show you the green marvel now one if you want since its the one I use

I could drop into the game and make shots for all of the Ultimate Pack costumes and the black one. I remember the office alt's Groot also having a shirt and tie combo, but I don't have the suit sadly.

That's pretty radical- I might have to buy the Office Attire costume after all. Thought I was set with just his default costume before now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if it is indeed Surfer, Im happy because im running out of 52review heroes to level, but Im sad because I wanted something to spend my splinters on :(

Also if it is Surfer that means it is NOT a gift (since it was in the advance pack and they cant fuck people like that)

Volimar

if it is indeed Surfer, Im happy because im running out of 52review heroes to level, but Im sad because I wanted something to spend my splinters on :(

Also if it is Surfer that means it is NOT a gift (since it was in the advance pack and they cant fuck people like that)

Maybe they could refund?

>.>

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I see people say stuff like that pretty frequently, but would it really be such a big deal if they just like give everyone who bought the advance pack an extra futre hero or the hero's worth in G's if they were to do a surprise early/free release? Seems kind of like a win-win.

I feel like most surprise hero releases will not be given away. Taskmaster and Loki weren't given away for free.

A weird hero like Nick Fury or Agent Coulson; that I could MAYBE see being given away for free.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Do all of you love Agent Coulson as a Marvel character??

I'm looking forward to his Clark Gregg-voiced team-up, at any rate.

I feel like most surprise hero releases will not be given away. Taskmaster and Loki weren't given away for free.

A weird hero like Nick Fury or Agent Coulson; that I could MAYBE see being given away for free.

Well, the difference here is how much Gaz has been hyping up the 365 GIFTS. It would be a little bit shady to be like "HERE'S A WHOLE BUNCH OF AWESOME STUFF, NOW BUY THIS THING THAT IS ACTUALLY MORE AWESOME THAN ALL OF THAT STUFF WE GAVE YOU FOR FREE!!", especially since lots of people just spent a bunch of G's on the bogo, and considering that he would likely be a 1350g hero.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ew. Separate characters should never be costumes for each other- Beta Ray Bill and Kate Bishop got robbed.

if they have the exact same moveset why the hell not. why waste a hero slow when a skin with new voices and animations does the job perfectly

Drayco21

if they have the exact same moveset why the hell not. why waste a hero slow when a skin with new voices and animations does the job perfectly

Because they aren't the same character and use their powers differently. It's not wasting a slot when you're making a f2p game with no limits on slots.

Well, the difference here is how much Gaz has been hyping up the 365 GIFTS. It would be a little bit shady to be like "HERE'S A WHOLE BUNCH OF AWESOME STUFF, NOW BUY THIS THING THAT IS ACTUALLY MORE AWESOME THAN ALL OF THAT STUFF WE GAVE YOU FOR FREE!!", especially since lots of people just spent a bunch of G's on the bogo, and considering that he would likely be a 1350g hero.

I guess that is true. Are they giving away the Beta Ray Bill team-up too?

KePoW

Banned
Because they aren't the same character and use their powers differently. It's not wasting a slot when you're making a f2p game with no limits on slots.

Kate Bishop takes the name/persona Hawkeye a lot of the time. There's no reason to make her a separate character.

Beta Ray Bill is a little different I suppose.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
LEGIT LEAK? EPIC TROLLING?

01MIXjb.png

WHAT IS MY LIFE???

What's this from?

Rhaknar

they are barely popping out 1 a month and you want to waste that on a hero that is basically the same as one that exists when they have the enhanced costume tech?

ok then...

beta ray is part of the team up advance pack so no

Anoregon

No, but he isn't a secret or particularly related to the anniversary, it just so happened the timing of him being ready was for tomorrow's patch.

What's this from?

Apparently they are currently accessible files on the newest TC build.

He voices Coulson in pretty much everything, including this, Lego Marvel and the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoons. Dude loves being Coulson.

It's his fanboy nerd dreams come true (he said so himself in an interview), and he absolutely enjoys every moment of it.

Alright if it's so seemingly easy, why don't you come up with a 3-tree skill set for Kate Bishop and Beta Ray Bill that differentiates them substantially from Hawkeye and Thor, with 25-30 powers and an ultimate. Don't forget: they have to be different enough that they are worth making a unique character.

What about Deep Space and Astronaut??

Read again what I said - the costumes I have. I don't have Deep Space, Astronaut or Office. :p

J-Tier

I think they'll be fine as enhanced costumes. They have new voice overs, animations and visual effects so even if they are costumes, they're still different characters.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Bought the Pro Pack! Omnomnom I only had Taskmaster, so it was a great deal for me in terms of getting a bunch of new heroes. A+

Also, the soon to come Dr. Doom team up will be fun.

Rhaknar

that would still give us a June hero if Reed is indeed pushed to july

also the theory is now super skrull, which I aporve of, if only for his amazing voice actor from MvC3

INFERNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ARE YOU HAVING FUN YET?

DIE DIE DIE!

Bought the Pro Pack! Omnomnom I only had Taskmaster, so it was a great deal for me in terms of getting a bunch of new heroes. A+

Also, the soon to come Dr. Doom team up will be fun.

its a great deal for a new player

I fucking love Super-Skrull.

Negative on Office Groot. He's at the default costume's colors. Black with red trim.

Did you spawn your Groot while wearing another costume? Because he will keep the old suit until you spawn him again. If you did spawn him with Office 'coon, then my bad for spreading misinformation. I could've sworn I saw a shot with him in a tie, but maybe it was just a fever dream.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I would very much approve of Super Skrull.

I wasn't initially getting my expectations up, but if there isn't a surprise playable hero tomorrow I will be disappointed at this point. And it'll be Doomsaw's fault!

Rhaknar

is that a face on the top left corner of the splash screen? a face looking towards the top left corner aswell (it is there and its looking there lol)

2640182-18iqno.jpg

cant unsee now

SuperSkrull-397x500.jpg

also new avatar!

Rhaknar

whooooooa thats DEFFINATELY a face, look at the picture darkened (again top left)

osJFj3V.png

although to be fair it just looks like The Thing lol

Rhaknar

Not to find a cloud in your silver lining, let alone cloud your good mood, but all I see in that cloud is... a cloud.

I'm getting throwbacks to Brawl Dojo days...

you dont see a face there? with the thick ridge eyebrow, the mouth and big chin, you see a little nose and a half a ear right next to ironmans leg

the big chin is either Thanos or a Skrull (which would be Super Skrull), I cant think of anyone else that fits that

technically Super Skrull, like Taskmaster, could be easy to implement by using existing powers (in this case from Sue, Torch, Thing and even the upcoming Reed since they have the tech), could be another 200splinter hero. Actually with no model or voice work in game, he probably wouldnt be a 200 splinter. Still...

edit: off to work soon, its going to be a long night... only one person(s) can save us now, the russian dataminers!

Has the possibility of the surprise hero/team-up being Groot been considered? He is featured just as prominently on the splash screen as other playable heroes.

Top Bottom