• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah same for me, first worked, second one gave me "This key has reached its redemption limit and is no longer valid.".

Since I don't know if there's a time limit or not I'm just gonna post my keys here for people to try (if you successfully redeem one please post in this thread saying so):

MSLY-RHBX-XHWA-GEWG
MSLY-RHBX-WN3B-E68F
MSLY-RHBX-MPR5-9VIO
MSLY-RHBX-49MM-M0S4

I got the bottom one and it worked, thanks!

The one I got from the site myself weirdly didn't work.

Yeah maybe a few of Massively's keys were stolen at some point, seems like there's no time limit or anything, but my first few codes didn't work, same with some friends and people here. Just keep trying guys!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah same for me, first worked, second one gave me "This key has reached its redemption limit and is no longer valid.".

Since I don't know if there's a time limit or not I'm just gonna post my keys here for people to try (if you successfully redeem one please post in this thread saying so):

MSLY-RHBX-XHWA-GEWG
MSLY-RHBX-WN3B-E68F
MSLY-RHBX-MPR5-9VIO
MSLY-RHBX-49MM-M0S4 - TAKEN

Thanks, the first one workd for me.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I swear if I get one of the heroes I bought during the bogo from this box I will make the saddest of faces. Especially if ironman, since he's the only 1350g hero I've bothered to actually buy.

LuuKyK

Is the 2015 patch out? Why isnt steam downloading it automatically like it always does? I am trying to log in but it says download the latest patch. Wtf.

I swear if I get one of the heroes I bought during the bogo from this box I will make the saddest of faces. Especially if ironman, since he's the only 1350g hero I've bothered to actually buy.

This is why I can never get into the game everytime I got a free hero or even used splinters I got Hawkeye or Storm, EVERYTIME. Between TWO accounts. Last time I'm trying, if I get fucking Hawkeye for a 4th time I'm deleting this.

Dec

This is why I can never get into the game everytime I got a free hero or even used splinters I got Hawkeye or Storm, EVERYTIME. Between TWO accounts. Last time I'm trying, if I get fucking Hawkeye for a 4th time I'm deleting this.

Ya RNG is a bitch sometimes.

I have splinters for a random but I might hold on to em for Silver Surfer if he plays as cool as he looks since I got a random from the code anyway.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
these massively codes, you can only use it once per account, no matter how many you have correct?

so I can try mine since all of you should have a code? I dont wanna feel bad about it like last time since I have everyone and for me its just a ultimate upgrade

Anoregon

these massively codes, you can only use it once per account, no matter how many you have correct?

so I can try mine since all of you should have a code? I dont wanna feel bad about it like last time since I have everyone and for me its just a ultimate upgrade

1 per account, so feel free to use the 1 you have.

Also, just noticed thing got quite a bit of buffs/changes this patch:

Pulverizing Fury (Ultimate) – Buff effects converted to Empowered. Damage Negation is now local to Thing.

Hard as Rock - Damage Rating bonus increased 25%.

Bash - Now has a 5 second cooldown, has a higher chance to brutally strike, and deals much higher damage. The cooldown is reduced by 0.5 seconds when Thing takes damage.

Crushing Leap - Cooldown increased to 8 seconds, damage increased significantly. The cooldown is reduced by 0.5 seconds when Thing takes damage. Power now knocks down instead of knocks up, and knockdown duration scales with ranks.

Clobberin’ Time - Cooldown and duration scaling removed. The cooldown is reduced by 0.5 seconds when Thing takes damage.

Backhand Smash - Now deals bonus damage to bosses.

Brickyard Headbutt - This power now causes deep internal injuries to the enemy’s cranium, dealing damage over time.

Ground Smash - Now causes vulnerability.

Bruising Punch - Now restores Granite Defense per hit. No longer causes vulnerability.

Rocky Punch - Now restores spirit per hit.

Directed Shockwave is now keyworded as melee instead of ranged.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thing needs his review bad, him and cable were the 2 blandest non-review heroes I played. well and punisher but people seem to love punisher so /shrug

400 splinters is confirmed? I didn't see that.

yeah was in the same Doomsaw post as the release time and whatnot. here

"Standard cost. (400 Eternity Splinters, 900G)"

Vecks

I haven't tried it multiple times myself, but that's what it sounds like. The website also doesn't mention that the amount of keys are limited, so it should be okay.

Is the 2015 patch out? Why isnt steam downloading it automatically like it always does? I am trying to log in but it says download the latest patch. Wtf.

I don't think steam has the patch ready yet. It probably takes longer since I assume they have to upload it to steam servers first?

Rhaknar

massively code worked for me first try.

so bar any surprises like x-23 / Beast / Nick Fury, rest of the year is looking like:

Mr.Fantastic - Starlord - Nova (?) - Magneto - Venom - Juggie

With Rogue probably slipping to 2015 but hey, who knows what can happen, maybe she makes december

I don't think steam has the patch ready yet. It probably takes longer since I assume they have to upload it to steam servers first?

as you posted that, Steam started downloading the patch for me lol. 2.4gb

Yeah downtime doesn't mean the patch is deployed immediately, it usually takes some preparation to get a patch up, especially one as big as this one.

Vecks

How will the anniversary gifts work? Just log in today and get them or we got hoops to go through somewhere with codes?

From what I've read, you gotta login sometime this week, until the 12th, and talk to agent stan lee in avenger's tower with at least a lvl 30 hero.

Back in this game. So all this Marvel Heroes 2015 stuff is pretty much just a rebranding yeah?
Yeah, I think they are trying to distance themselves from the horrible reviews. Patch version seems reset too, back to v1.0

Rhaknar

Fixed an issue with Crimson Leap and Eviscerate which were causing them to deal more damage than intended.

welp :/

Anoregon

You know, surprise Surfer release is pretty awesome, and if he is as fun as expected I'll gladly dump my next 400 splinters on him...

That being said, I really was hoping for a surprise free team-up today :p

garath

So my buddy that was on the fence after disliking hawkeye straight up bought the Loki bundle last night lol. I guess my enthusiasm has rubbed off.

Hopefully we don't regret the purchases but I like what I see so far. Plus it's marvel. I love marvel.

Anoregon

Loki is awesome. I really like the illusions sort of serving the DoT role in a unique way, and his frost skills pack a serious punch.

Maybe you can open up the free stash first and then get all your other goodies?

Is there any nice, pictorial layout of what someone should keep inventory-wise? I have a couple people who have kinda gotten into the game, but they never know what to vendor/donate or what to keep. I try to explain relics and runes to them but I think it's just so overwhelming that it can only be learned through more play. Unfortunately the overwhelming aspect of inventory management is part of what's keeping them from playing more.

Toppot

What if I dont have enough space in my inventory and my stash?

They are stored for you as a gift. An icon like a present will appear on the right hand side (Where Legendary Quests do) You click on that and you can get the rest of the gifts whenever, either at once or a chunk at a time (depending how much space you have)

Drayco21

Yeah, Loki is a lot of fun. Just covering the screen in giant spikes of ice and a dozen glowing Loki clones and watching everything die is great.

Rhaknar

You know, surprise Surfer release is pretty awesome, and if he is as fun as expected I'll gladly dump my next 400 splinters on him...

That being said, I really was hoping for a surprise free team-up today :p

you know I was thinking that, with all the surfur craze people stopped talking about anything else... but on multiple teases Doomsaw had the team up window open, surely for a reason no?

LuuKyK

They are stored for you as a gift. An icon like a present will appear on the right hand side (Where Legendary Quests do) You click on that and you can get the rest of the gifts whenever, either at once or a chunk at a time (depending how much space you have)

Whew, thats great to hear. I was starting to get nervous about that. lol Dont wanna miss my freebies. :p

Vecks

Oh good. They planned this out.

Rhaknar

its like the fortune cards from the advance packs (or bundles), they go in a overflow if youre inventory is full

inky

Maybe you can open up the free stash first and then get all your other goodies?

Is there any nice, pictorial layout of what someone should keep inventory-wise? I have a couple people who have kinda gotten into the game, but they never know what to vendor/donate or what to keep. I try to explain relics and runes to them but I think it's just so overwhelming that it can only be learned through more play. Unfortunately the overwhelming aspect of inventory management is part of what's keeping them from playing more.

I don't think there is, but I can try making one once the game is up.

What you must keep varies a lot between people and how much room you got. I keep 1 or even 2 of most artifacts. I keep runes and cosmics for heroes I'm leveling up. I keep dupe uniques. I have a stack of each relic even though I don't use all of them and some I use on several different heroes.

From there on, there's not much to keep other than runes and useful uru-gear and rings/insignias. Random loot should be donated constantly to your crafter, enchanter and vendors. Crafting elements should only be picked up when needed for a specific recipe, and some costume cores might be worth keeping for the future, but their use is very specific so you have to keep out for the more useful ones.

Oh good. They planned this out.

That has always happened with overflow items. Things you get from the store (like fortune card packs) and codes are always kept this way if you don't have room for them.

Rhaknar

am I crazy or I read someone here needed a extremis artifact? whcih one?

Anoregon

Man I would be so happy to get that black spiderman teamup from the free mk6 fortune card. I bought a bunc of cards on the test center a few days ago and still got no costumes or anything lol.

Rhaknar

Man I would be so happy to get that black spiderman teamup from the free mk6 fortune card. I bought a bunc of cards on the test center a few days ago and still got no costumes or anything lol.

is it weird that I dont even like that look, yet I want it just so the team up screen dosnt have the gray slot?

I joke about OCD but sometimes I think I really do have OCD :p

Vecks

Ah, always wondered about that. Was afraid of losing stuff, so I always try to keep my inventory as clean as possible.

Rhaknar

seems they nerfed the extra power points since announcing them too. Aparently you get a total of 162 instead of the 164 initially annnounced.

Top Bottom