• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Dec

seems they nerfed the extra power points since announcing them too. Aparently you get a total of 162 instead of the 164 initially annnounced.

Originally you could also put 30 points into each ability, now it's back to 20 but with an increased cap (from items etc.).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just cant believe they STILL dont let you get the initial 4 points back when you respec, its so silly and makes zero sense

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just cant believe they STILL dont let you get the initial 4 points back when you respec, its so silly and makes zero sense

You mean the 4 points that are pre-spent on a level 1? meh, that doesn't really bother me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You mean the 4 points that are pre-spent on a level 1? meh, that doesn't really bother me.

yes those. it just makes no sense. Its wasted points most of the time. Want to use another basic? Wasted.

Want to use another movement? Wasted

Spell isnt for your spec? Wasted

edit: now im reading the 162 points are the ones to USE not total (so 166 total)? so that would actually be a buff then, from 30 extra to 32...conflicting information

Vecks

They changed the name on steam. Not sure how I feel about rebranding by sticking a year on the name. Seems like a rather shortsighted name. But I guess they have a year and a half before it becomes outdated.

Rhaknar

They changed the name on steam. Not sure how I feel about rebranding by sticking a year on the name. Seems like a rather shortsighted name. But I guess they have a year and a half before it becomes outdated.

they changed the name...everywhere? Its the new official name, sports style. Next year it will be MH 2016 (hopefully)

hamchan

I'm happy about the rebranding. They certainly needed a soft relaunch after it launched badly, so more people will give this game another look.

Also the new site is much better looking than the old one.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
yes those. it just makes no sense. Its wasted points most of the time. Want to use another basic? Wasted.

Want to use another movement? Wasted

Spell isnt for your spec? Wasted

edit: now im reading the 162 points are the ones to USE not total (so 166 total)? so that would actually be a buff then, from 30 extra to 32...conflicting information

Eh, I guess it just comes down to how you think about it. I don't consider them "wasted" because those points sort of don't even exist. It's just like every character has 4 skills that are hard-coded as "on" regardless of allotted points for gameplay reasons, but the way that's displayed in the game is just as them having 1 point each.

Basically you don't want the 4 wasted points, you want 4 extra points.

Rhaknar

Eh, I guess it just comes down to how you think about it. I don't consider them "wasted" because those points sort of don't even exist. It's just like every character has 4 skills that are hard-coded as "on" regardless of allotted points for gameplay reasons, but the way that's displayed in the game is just as them having 1 point each.

Basically you don't want the 4 wasted points, you want 4 extra points.

no, I want those wasted points ^_^ they are there so they exist, you can sugar coat it all you want :p

Just slap them on extra ones we are getting (so instead of 32 extra we would get 28 extra) I just want to remove them and not have wasted talent points on things im not using (again, dat OCD)

hamchan

What I'm most looking forward to is achievements though. Adding hard goals to the game makes a big difference to me.

Even though the main long term goal of getting every character to max level with best items hasn't changed, just adding an in game acknowledgement of that goal is important.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
What I'm most looking forward to is achievements though. Adding hard goals to the game makes a big difference to me.

Even though the main long term goal of getting every character to max level with best items hasn't changed, just adding an in game acknowledgement of that goal is important.

from the russian leaks achievements give you anything from odin marks to gear to credits which is cool

seems like trading isnt coming yet its not in patch notes nor is it on new websites as coming

Lord Phol

Lol got a ultimate upgrade token for Ghost Rider (one of my least liked ultimates) in the random box :p. Gambit as Death costume is kind of weird, not sure if I like it more than the stromtrooper, but variation is always nice!

Anoregon

Lol got a ultimate upgrade token for Ghost Rider (one of my least liked ultimates) in the random box :p. Gambit as Death costume is kind of weird, not sure if I like it more than the stromtrooper, but variation is always nice!

The ult token is supposed to be for the hero you open it on, isn't it?

Anoregon

Ugh I would love ghostrider from a random hero box. U da worss

Anoregon

The amount of free stuff given is fantastic.

dat stash, man. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

Also, now that all the surprise hero speculation is done for today, it's to move to END OF ANNIVERSARY MONTH SURPRISE SPECULATION!!

Doom teamup or gtfo.

That Mr Fantastic looks pretty... fantastic.
I heard that will be the same tech they use to make Venom. If thats the case, I think Gaz should have put Venom up for sale before Mr Fantastic, as Im sure he will be more popular and that would've encouraged people to overlook the higher G cost, due to the R&D they invested in him.

garath

Got to play over lunch. Got spiderman in my random box. Cool :) That now makes Black panther, gambit, wolverine and spiderman for me.

I got 20 real quick and started doing legendary quests. Good xp! In 2 quests I got a level and a half. Ran out of time. They are essentially bounties from Diablo 3. Lots of fun.

Respec'd Black Panther now that I have an inkling of what's going on and he's even more potent. Pretty damn cool.

Participated a little bit in the shared quest in midtown but ran out of time. I bet the rewards are hot. I'd guess 40 min give or take to complete one.

Rhaknar

raid is hard and a lot more complex than I expected. Pleasent surprise. Lets organize a proper run where people have time (and dont mind dying) so we do it for realsies

Wallach

Originally you could also put 30 points into each ability, now it's back to 20 but with an increased cap (from items etc.).

Nah, you could never put 30 points into a power. The number of points changed because they made a change to the brackets at which points change.

Lord Phol

raid is hard and a lot more complex than I expected. Pleasent surprise. Lets organize a proper run where people have time (and dont mind dying) so we do it for realsies

Yeah they are, it's pretty cool making progress though. What I first though was impossible seemed a bit easier for every try.

Wallach

Yeah they are, it's pretty cool making progress though. What I first though was impossible seemed a bit easier for every try.

They should be getting live-tune nerfed right about now. They somehow got Jay Wilson'd between TC and live and you wouldn't have been able to beat any of the bosses.

Question: For the dupe uniques, does it matter what level they are? Like if I have 3 of the same unique but one is 20 and the two 60, can I still combine them?

Basically I'm wondering if it's better to use the box of 5 lvl 20 uniques on my main or just blow them on a new alt.

Rhaknar

Question: For the dupe uniques, does it matter what level they are? Like if I have 3 of the same unique but one is 20 and the two 60, can I still combine them?

Basically I'm wondering if it's better to use the box of 5 lvl 20 uniques on my main or just blow them on a new alt.

no

inky

Yup. Here's what I gathered from our failure. You need a buff to do damage to those bosses:

wonjFGv.png

You need GOLD buff for Lord Brimstone, dropped by these guys in the bottom area:

Ythsw4N.png

You need RED buff for Lady Brimstone, dropped by these guys in the top area:

DaIMNGX.png

When you get the red effect, run away from teammates to avoid doing damage to them:

6juJ6Tk.png

When you get the green effect, everyone group up inside the circle to split incoming damage (it's a one kill for almost anyone otherwise):

VdolXTP.png

They also have a reduced damage aura, at 2% per stack, so it might be good to get buff, attack one of them and when the buff runs out cycle to the other boss getting a new buff in the way.

You also get 30 tickets collectively, so we used them up pretty quickly. It was fun overall.

Xetherion

It doesn't matter what level they are.

Top Bottom