• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Carm

I have a question about quests regarding the screenshot below. Will all the missions have a trophy for rewards next to it or only some of them? The checkmark itself means the mission is fully complete? I haven't played the game in awhile just coming back and don't remember.
2rNE9J4.jpg

Even though my highest level character was 10 I ended up buying some heroes today to take advantage of the BOGO and bought some costumes. Overall it worked out, only hero I got that I didn't want was Human Torch. I did get one token because Cyclops duped unfortunately, but still not bad. The two free costumes were both bleh.

Heroes I had already: Storm,Thor(got free), Taskmaster(got free)

Purchased

Spiderman
Ghostrider
Nightcrawler
Emma Frost
Moonknight
Loki

Free in box

Deadpool
Wolverine
Dr. Strange
Cylops
Human Torch
Extra Cyclops TOken

Purchased

Back in Black Spiderman
Moonknight Marvel Now!

Got Free

Street Clothes Luke Cage
Emma Frost New X-Men

Even after buying all of that, I'm seriously looking at that pro pack(didn't see it till my after my purchases today), after those Mr. Fantastic screens, even though I have 4 of the characters in the pack already, this f2p stuff is dangerous. Do we know for certain if you'd get upgrade tokens for any of the dupes in that Pro pack?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I have a question about quests regarding the screenshot below. Will all the missions have a trophy for rewards next to it or only some of them? The checkmark itself means the mission is fully complete? I haven't played the game in awhile just coming back and don't remember.

Even though my highest level character was 10 I ended up buying some heroes today to take advantage of the BOGO and bought some costumes. Overall it worked out, only hero I got that I didn't want was Human Torch. I did get one token because Cyclops duped unfortunately, but still not bad. The two free costumes were both bleh.

Heroes I had already: Storm,Thor(got free), Taskmaster(got free)

Purchased

Spiderman
Ghostrider
Nightcrawler
Emma Frost
Moonknight
Loki

Free in box

Deadpool
Wolverine
Dr. Strange
Cylops
Human Torch
Extra Cyclops TOken

Purchased

Back in Black Spiderman
Moonknight Marvel Now!

Got Free

Street Clothes Luke Cage
Emma Frost New X-Men

Even after buying all of that, I'm seriously looking at that pro pack, after those Mr. Fantastic screens, even though I have 4 of the characters in the pack already, this f2p stuff is dangerous. Do we know for certain if you'd get upgrade tokens for any of the dupes in that Pro pack?

if its like the other packs, yes you do. I bought some hero packs just for the costumes and it gives you a hero token (that turns into a ultimate token if you have him)

Wallach

you dont see a face there? with the thick ridge eyebrow, the mouth and big chin, you see a little nose and a half a ear right next to ironmans leg

the big chin is either Thanos or a Skrull (which would be Super Skrull), I cant think of anyone else that fits that

technically Super Skrull, like Taskmaster, could be easy to implement by using existing powers (in this case from Sue, Torch, Thing and even the upcoming Reed since they have the tech), could be another 200splinter hero. Actually with no model or voice work in game, he probably wouldnt be a 200 splinter. Still...

edit: off to work soon, its going to be a long night... only one person(s) can save us now, the russian dataminers!

G0fRwo7.gif

Blank!

The trophy means that the mission has a reward of some sort. I don't think anyone has made a pass across it, so it could just be XP orbs but yeah... not everything will have a trophy.

Carm

if its like the other packs, yes you do. I bought some hero packs just for the costumes and it gives you a hero token (that turns into a ultimate token if you have him)

The trophy means that the mission has a reward of some sort. I don't think anyone has made a pass across it, so it could just be XP orbs but yeah... not everything will have a trophy.

Thanks guys.

LuuKyK

I think its Iron Fist or Captain MarVell not sure. Look under Hulk's right arm (from our view) amidst the flames. There is clearly a character there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
we need some russian datamining up in this bitch

Dec

i saw that but it looked like too much trouble :(

It's actually very easy. You can get 3 new slots just pasting what he has written at the end of a .ini

If you want more it seems like he didn't write that, but he explained how to do it.

J-Tier

No one noticed the big bowl behind Emma Frost's head. Im pretty confident the surprise character will be Mysterio. You're all just getting fooled by the obvious illusions.

Dayummmm, this thread overnight.

So many rumours, so many teases. Much hype for patch.

Got my Wolverine to 60 last night, really happy with him as a final build. He can tank anything now really and I've had very little trouble solo'ing Red Terms and such. Power and damage at the end is pretty damn good too.

Psylocke to 50, will probably try to smash her to 60 tonight if I get a chance. Would like to have her there before the patch just in case there's a new hero that I'm going to want to start.

Drayco21

Alright if it's so seemingly easy, why don't you come up with a 3-tree skill set for Kate Bishop and Beta Ray Bill that differentiates them substantially from Hawkeye and Thor, with 25-30 powers and an ultimate. Don't forget: they have to be different enough that they are worth making a unique character/

Only because you asked so nicely. Here's one for Bill- kind of late reply because I have the attention span of a fly and kept getting distracted with stuff, and I was going to include a bunch of scans too because I was having fun with this, but then decided it was getting excessive. I doubt this really proves anything either way, and I might have been using an outdated Thor power list when comparing to make sure he wasn't too similar (don't know if he's gotten his review or not), plus I ain't no mathwizard, so there's no numbers on it- just a rough idea that I had a lot of fun putting together.

Beta Ray Bill

Unique Hero

Tree 1- Stormbreaker

Stormbreaker Swing- Basic Power
When all you have is a hammer, you swing a fucking hammer. Bill's basic attack is a melee hammer swing. If you really want to be anal about differentiating Bill from Thor, you could make his basic instead be:

Concussive Strike- Basic Power
Instead of a generic melee character basic, he could have a generic ranged character basic- firing blasts of magical energy from Stormbreaker as he does in the depths of space.

Blast of Lighting- Ranged
Just a basic forward shooting bolt of electricity. Leveling it up could allow it to arc between a couple of people like a traditional chain lightning power.

Cosmic Winds- Area
While their hammers let them control weather in general, Thor really only uses lightning in his moveset. Bill whips up a tornado-esque blast of cosmic winds that sweeps around him in a circle, dealing damage to enemies in a wide area.

Dimensional Leap- Movement
Stormbreaker can be swung at certain frequencies to open and close portals, allowing Bill to travel between realms, or in gameplay terms, teleport in the direction chosen. Maybe a small shock of electricity comes out of the hammer when he enters and exits to deal light damage too.

Come Forth For Smiting- Power
Bill spins his hammer, creating a gust that draws enemies to him in a clump at his feet, with a chance to daze them. This can both set up more efficient room clearings, or can draw agro from allies during group raids and events.

Energy Deflection- Defense
Beta Ray Bill's hammer is capable of absorbing cosmic energy and throwing it back at the enemy, allowing him to defend and counter starships and heralds of Galactus. In-game, it could be a timing based counter against projectile attacks.

Freezing Rain- Area
Bill calls down a storm of freezing cold rain, which slows enemies in the area it's summoned in and leaves them more vulnerable to damage.

Tree 2- Last Son of Korbin

Korbinite Arm Blasters- Ranged
Bill uses one of the tools from the Skuttlebutt Korbinite Armory- a pair of shoulder/arm mounted laser guns that fire two large beams. Hold down hotkey to keep firing the lasers. These weapons are seen used in a fight with Silver Surfer during the Godhunter mini.

Skuttlebutt Strikes- Signature
Bill's trusty personal Battleship, The Skuttlebutt, is summoned for a signature- blasting big ole laser beams and floating above Bill for a short period. It would probably be a "StarCraft Unit"-ed up diminutive version of the ship, but that would still be radical.

Fearsome Visage- Passive
When he was experimented on to become the warrior his people needed him to be, Bill had some of his DNA mixed with the predator creatures of Korbin, and as a result, he looks like a goddamn nightmare horse. His nightmare horse face was made to strike fear into his enemies, so when he strikes there's a chance percentage for him to afflict nearby mobs with fear, causing them to break and run away from Bill and his allies for a brief moment, letting their guards down.

Korbinite Martial Prowess- Passive
Even before being gifted the mighty hammer Stormbreaker, Bill possessed augmented strength and endurance so great, he was able to whoop Thor's norse ass with his bare hands before stealing his hammer and smacking his shit around with it. His natural warriors skills, genetic augs and Korbinite DNA make him far stronger than a baseline human, and putting points into this power allow him to tap deeper into his natural Korbinite Physiology, allowing him to increase his natural damage output and his health.

Asgardian Bloodbrother- Summon
Bill summons his sort-of-girlfriend-sometimes-ally-partner-whatever, Lady Sif of Asgard, who helps him by straight cuttin fools. She already has an in-game model and voice, but with the rise of Team-Ups being a thing, I'm not sure if they'd want to make any more summon-based powers. Although in the equal case- he could just summon a generic Asgardian warrior to fight with him- his status as a bloodbrother of the people of Asgard mean that he is hailed as one of their own, and they'd gladly fight and meet glorious victory or death alongside their horse-faced friend.

Beta Ray Barrier- Defense
In the comics, while Thor spins his prissy hammer around like a sassy lass to defend himself, Bill don't got time for your bullshit- he just straight up generates barriers and energy shields which cover him and his allies while still allowing him to sling out projectiles and smack dudes around.

Energy Gauntlet- Area
Bill is able to charge up a fist and punch the ground, leaving behind a charge of cosmic energy that detonates and explodes, sending a wave out around it to knock down enemies nearby. Works like a fusion of being a traditional melee area attack and an explosive mine.

Tree 3- Cosmic Super Soldier

Meteor Strike- Ranged
Instead of a generic hammer throw, Bill tosses his hammer above him, and it falls downwards in the direction below, having superheated itself in the fall like a meteor, before exploding into the ground and returning to Bill's hands, striking some dudes on the way back.

Terminus Protocol- Buff
As seen in the Godhunter mini, Beta Ray Bill is able to decouple himself and run the Terminus Protocol, which makes him glow bright gold, vastly increase his damage output, but significantly weakens his endurance. He takes more damage, and using this power drains some of his health while also cancelling any means of healing while the power is active, but he gains much greater damage output and a chance to fire bright cosmic beams out of his hands with each attack.

Obligatory Flight- Movement
Beta Ray Bill can fly, so you put one point in this power so he can hover around common areas faster and then forget about it.

Divebomb Tackle- Area
Bill grabs hold of an enemy in a tight grip, leaps into the air, and then crashes down with them still in his grip, causing an explosive blast around him that wipes out enemies in a mob. Also looks rad. Is seen in the Stormbreaker- the Saga of Beta Ray Bill mini, where he does this to an enemy so hard (with Stardust's help) he explodes a planet. That's irrelevant to this power in-game, I just thought that Mike Haggar shit was awesome.

Asteroid Blast- Ranged
Bill spins his hammer, sucking in an asteroid from space, which he smashes with his hammer, sending the debris in multiple directions in front of him. He does this both in the Stormbreaker mini and a less flashy version from his very first story arc, when fighting Thor to prove his worth in The Mighty Thor #338.

Augmented Healing Nanomachines- Healing
In addition to the healing factor he has thanks to his genetic engineered super soldier body, Bill's healing is enhanced by the cyborg augmentations he was given during the experimentations as well, allowing Bill to heal incredibly rapidly- though not on the level of a Wolverine or Deadpool.

Valorous Detection- Radar
Bill is able to detect both the location of any remaining Korbinites as well as those worthy enough to lift Stormbreaker naturally, and can display it as a psuedo-radar in the hammer- which extends to a radar which can detect "evil psychic energy", which means radar, dawg.

Mountain Shattering Punch- Melee
Like, the first thing BRB does in the comics is perform a bomb-ass cross counter with Thor that hits so hard that it causes mountains behind them to explode and volcanoes to erupt. So it's that- Bill punches an enemy really hard, and you hear the sound of a mountain crack, and then a blast of lava shoots up from the ground on the side. If you hit a trash mob, the mob goes flying super hard and hits other dudes.

Ultimate Skill
One Too Many Hammers- Ultimate
Beta Ray Bill summons a group of his fellow Annihilators- Ronan the Accuser, Ikon, Gladiator and Quasar to wreck some shit for a little bit, cosmic style.

-or, alternately-

Skuttlebutt Planetary Engine- Ultimate
When Bill was seeking to starve Galactus to death, he was using a superweapon on the Skuttlebutt to supercharge and destroy the planets that the Devourer was seeking to eat- inspired by that, a massive killsat from the weapon fires down on the ground, creating huge blasts of plasma energy that arcs out across the screen devastating stuff all around. Maybe after the initial blast, it leaves glowing cracks in the ground that damages enemies that stay in contact with them.

This was just the first thing that occurred to me- I bet it could be made more radically different by combining trees 1 and 2, and making the third tree actually be about Skuttlebutt instead, with several movement and ranged powers- maybe having Bill directly pilot the ship. But hey, these are designed by committee for a reason. Really fun thought experiment, I think I'm going to do this for more hypothetical heroes in the future.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Look at the little red and grey spec on hulk's arm, by his left pointer finger

ANT MAN.

(or part of groot's costume, lel)

edit: lol someone on the official forums gave it the CSI ENHANCE treatment:

mhant2.png

Look at the little red and grey spec on hulk's arm, by his left pointer finger

ANT MAN.

(or part of groot's costume, lel)

edit: lol someone on the official forums gave it the CSI ENHANCE treatment:

mhant2.png

Definitely part of Groot's costume.

But damn, I didn't even see that "ghostly" image in the background. Skrull?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
We're quickly approaching the imminent launch of Marvel Heroes 2015. The press materials are set, the assets are packaged, the servers are warm, the wire is taught, and the heroes are ready to rock 'n' roll. Soon, we'll launch and make new our pledge to delivering another year of impossible improvement and immeasurable growth (surprisingly measurable thanks to forthcoming infographics).

In-game, we're gearing up to unleash Surtur, the epic lord of fire demons and master of Muspelheim. But, that terrifying monster is just the beginning of Marvel Heroes 2015.

Throughout the course of our month-long anniversary celebrations, expect:

Surtur Raid: The aforementioned ruler of fire demons headlines an epic end-game event for 10 players.

Omega System: Advance, alternately. The Omega System allows for even further character customization and progression up to and beyond level 60.

Daily Shared Quests: A new way to undertake missions and adventures reserved for earth's mightiest.

Achievements: Accomplish the impossible and be recognized – some are even catered to individual heroes.

Login Rewards: Showing our appreciation for committed players by thanking them with many awesome things.

Silver Surfer: The Herald nears. Will Norrin Radd's arrival presage doom, bring salvation, or just deliver a cool new hero to play? (Hint: It's the last one.)

365: Days of. Gifts for. Oh yes, we have plans.

End of Anniversary: End of Anniversary: A celebratory surprise event to close out the month.

Do the dance. Do it.

Lol Oh wow, they pretty much confirmed Silver Surfer. I had a feeling 2015 hero meant the 2015 season not year. Well played Gaz.

We also got a new look for the website.

Rhaknar

Surfer is not coming tomorrow, he will be on TS on Friday, said by doomsaw himself on a stream

I'm just glad this means there is a June hero. July for Reed, august for Starlord, September for magneto (sept 25th according to doomsaw a few weeks ago), which leaves October/November for Jugg and Venom, and December for Rogue ( Rogue took Surfers spot in the late 2014/early 2015)

I wonder what his alt costume will be (since there's always at least 1 alt at release)

Rhaknar

Where are my surfer pictures Doomsaw? Cat is out of the bag so get on it :(

Indignate

Got the test server and tried out a bunch of characters that I was interested in.

So definitely going to pick up Ms. Marvel first.

I was sadly disappointed by Psylocke. Maybe I just don't like melee centric characters, but there was nothing in her set that impressed me. While I did like her stealth strike, it seemed to miss against anything that moved cuz she would go to the spot they were at when the ability was used and then take a second or two to actually strike. Can anyone who has spent more time with her confirm this? Maybe it was just a rickety test server and it actually does hit when it's supposed to.

Got the test server and tried out a bunch of characters that I was interested in.

I was sadly disappointed by Psylocke. Maybe I just don't like melee centric characters, but there was nothing in her set that impressed me. While I did like her stealth strike, it seemed to miss against anything that moved cuz she would go to the spot they were at when the ability was used and then take a second or two to actually strike. Can anyone who has spent more time with her confirm this? Maybe it was just a rickety test server and it actually does hit when it's supposed to.

If you don't like melee do NOT play Ms. Marvel. She's a melee tank. She has some ranged stuff but its weak.

Vecks

Yeah, it's not a definite hit. You have to really aim it, or hit a spot where the target is headed to. If the original target moved, it's not gonna chase it. But it'll hit whatever is in that spot, if something else moves over there.

LuuKyK

*___________*

Want.

lol at the police officer not giving a single fuck there.

And btw, did they ever say what that mana resource thing is?

KePoW

Banned

Assassinate (the skill you're referring to) is definitely buggy & wacky.

You do not have to play Psylocke as strictly melee, she's very diverse in how you want to build her. I'm actually playing her completely ranged (except for one skill), because that's what I find fun.

If you don't like melee do NOT play Ms. Marvel. She's a melee tank. She has some ranged stuff but its weak.

Ms. Marvel is a true hybrid like Psylocke in my opinion. I use a couple of her ranged skills and they're fine.

Rhaknar

Does that picture confirm that he is indeed always on his board?

Rhaknar

Didn't they say they were using Invisible Woman's tech for Silver Surfer? If that's the case, then I imagine yes, he'll always be on his board.

You mean her flight spell? She's not always on it nor does moves from it, it's just a flight spell.

Rhaknar

No, after a couple of seconds, she "surfs" along on an invisible disc for her walk animation.

I see where you're going with that, but again, that's just a running animation, like storm starts to hover. She doesn't do spells from it or anything.

I'm wondering if Surfer basically never leaves the board (unless it's some spell where he launches it), and all of his animations are with him on the board.

Top Bottom