• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Dec

Some stuff I posted in the sg chat about the bosses:

The bosses apply a damage debuff in an aura 2% less damage done per stack to a max of 50. As you get these stacks you'll start doing 1 damage (100% reduced) and you need to switch to the other boss, which will do the same. At least one person needs to be near each boss at all times or they heal.

The buffs pictured above from Inky increase the damage you deal to the bosses so you get the buff while you're switching bosses, but they don't stop the debuff so even with the buff you will do 1 damage per hit if you don't switch.

And if you missed the random box code giveaway, pm me and I'll send you one. I have two but they may or may not work.

Lockon

Did they rotate the starter heroes once in a while because when game launch it was different right? I'm downloading the game now, but used to played the first 2 months or so. I think I was using Cap but I'm not sure, may be Hawkeye.

Anyway, I'm just trying the game first. hope I like it.

inky

Did they rotate the starter heroes once in a while because when game launch it was different right? I'm downloading the game now, but used to played the first 2 months or so. I think I was using Cap but I'm not sure, may be Hawkeye.

Anyway, I'm just trying the game first. hope I like it.

Yes, they rotated them. There's a larger pool to choose from now, If you don't have any attachment to your old account it is recommended you start over and pick a new starter you might be more interested in now =)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So uh, apparently there are some bugs...

oMnb7De.jpg

742lEwu.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Perfectly reasonable loot, nothing to see here. Move along.

Teggy

LOL. My loot explosion was nice, but nothing like that. Got 3 uniques (although 2 were dupes). I'm holding on to the boxes with 5 uniques since I already have all uniques for my current main. Need to think carefully...

EDIT: ah, that's the shared quest box? Though it was the birthday thing.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Meanwhile, I get to wave 30 in X-def and get ZERO defender tokens. gg.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
New thing that drops from X-defense end chests. They seem a bit buggy, as people are getting both way too many and none at all sometimes.

Failed at round 20 over lunch and got like, 8 items TOTAL to pop out. Mostly blues, too. It was a really shitty X-Def. Hopefully they fix it.

Also, I would be down to raid later. Is it limited number of entries per day? My SG is putting together a bunch of parties to run it later.

Oh and for anyone who hasn't added me yet, my IGN is Nicoga. Not in the GAF SG anymore, but I'm on pretty much daily now. Leveling or grinding for goodies.

garath

My IGN is garathk. I'd be happy for a super group invite or just to group up with people. I'm still learning everything so it'll be a bit of time before I'm participating in raids or anything :)

Lockon

Downloading game from scratch is painful...It has been like 3 hours and I'm still at 31%. The download speed is pretty slow too. only get 500-600 KB/s. Usually I could get 1.5 MB/s.

garath

Downloading game from scratch is painful...It has been like 3 hours and I'm still at 31%. The download speed is pretty slow too. only get 500-600 KB/s. Usually I could get 1.5 MB/s.

Getting it from Steam? I always get good bandwidth from Steam.

Vecks

This omega system is pretty overwhelming. So many paths. I guess I'll just get some points first and take my time with it.

Anoregon

I'm about to head home, wish me luck on my random box and fortune cards!

Not that will matter.

SNL_1350_09_Debbie_Downer.png

Indignate

Man I would be so happy to get that black spiderman teamup from the free mk6 fortune card.

I pulled this on the test server and immediately was regretful that I wasted my RNG luck on it haha.

Those arrows are so hard to see, especially on my computer that runs on fairly low settings. >_<

Things are kind of hard to see on max settings as well cuz of the constant explosions from abilites.

There's those opacity sliders in the menus for stuff like that, but the wording on them is weird and I'm not sure which direction to move them in...

My IGN is garathk. I'd be happy for a super group invite or just to group up with people. I'm still learning everything so it'll be a bit of time before I'm participating in raids or anything :)

I'll definitely add you! I'm in the same boat with you with just getting into the game and am looking for people around my level to do LQs with and such.

This omega system is pretty overwhelming. So many paths. I guess I'll just get some points first and take my time with it.

Yeah, definitely. I probably don't have that many points, but from what I saw on the test server, I'm probably going to stay away from it for a while.

KePoW

Banned
Things are kind of hard to see on max settings as well cuz of the constant explosions from abilites.

There's those opacity sliders in the menus for stuff like that, but the wording on them is weird and I'm not sure which direction to move them in...

Yeah they definitely need to make the graphics settings more clear & simplified.

There's like 50 settings in there

Taz

Feel free to add me ign xTaz

Tryed it when it first came out and it was shocking never crossed my mind to try it again because of how bad it was , saw a post in the general forums about the one year anniversary, tried it again and I can't believe how the game has turned around it's nuts, so much content I think I'm level 12 at the moment so I need to get to 30 asap but I've heard once you get to 20 it's goes real quick doing legendary quests.

Indignate

I pulled this on the test server and immediately was regretful that I wasted my RNG luck on it haha.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I pull Black Spider-man again. It's not RNG, it was a destiny.

Also got Ghost Rider out of my random box. Not my favorite character thanks to those movies, but he seems pretty fun.

inky

For me the blender is if you have or are planning on having most/all heroes.

You can get something nice, or absolute crap, but at least try and get something usable. At least that's my POV. I blend all basics and keep every costume I don't have, even if they are absolutely horrible.

Anoregon

Just got Office rocket out of the blender, so that certainly could have gone worse.

KePoW

Banned
For me the blender is if you have or are planning on having most/all heroes.

You can get something nice, or absolute crap, but at least try and get something usable. At least that's my POV. I blend all basics and keep every costume I don't have, even if they are absolutely horrible.

Agree, that's exactly what I do.

Are you starting to prestige a lot of your characters now?

Voror

Any tips for someone just getting into this? Love this type of game and Marvel heroes so I thought this would be something fun to play when I have some spare time.

I played this game when it first came out, and I just couldnt really get into it. I am glad I recently came back.

But I am sad my highest leveled character is 20, and cant really get any of the rewards.

Is there some kind of group going on for GAF?

Was actually a new hero (emma frost) but she's literally the hero I'm least interested in that I didn't yet have.

I suggest you to try her regardless. Cable is a character I had 0 interest in prior to the game because I just can't stand time travel bullshit unless it's well done (and Cable's time travel never was well done. Also Liefeld).

However, in the game, he's pretty damn fun to play as. Emma might surprise you. I'm actually convinced you will find a build you'll like with her because she is one of those characters where you can go full melee (diamond tree), full ranged/summoner, or hybrid between those two.

Vecks

I played this game when it first came out, and I just couldnt really get into it. I am glad I recently came back.

But I am sad my highest leveled character is 20, and cant really get any of the rewards.

Is there some kind of group going on for GAF?

Do Legendary Quests. (or shared quests if they're working). You'll reach level 30 in no time.

We have a super group. Just leave your in game name, and someone will invite you.

inky

Agree, that's exactly what I do.

Are you starting to prestige a lot of your characters now?

Not yet. I'm planning on it soon, but I still have about half the roster at 30. Heck I haven't even touched Psylocke or IW yet. I know it sounds insane to have 1100 hours in the game and not even everyone at 60, but I kinda like taking my time with each one and going through story mode. I know it's not efficient, but I have the theory that's the reason I haven't felt burn by the game yet so many hours in.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
extra points are a godsend. now i can have the specs I actually wanted to have before. fucking loving this

Vecks

Started Punisher today. I don't think I would have half as much fun playing him without the new costume. Such an awesome costume.
His "powers" seem somewhat messy though (4 basics?), as expected of a pre-review hero.

As simple as he seems, kinda digging it. Love the shotgun and rocket launcher. It feels almost like playing a top-down zombie shooter.

Not yet. I'm planning on it soon, but I still have about half the roster at 30. Heck I haven't even touched Psylocke or IW yet. I know it sounds insane to have 1100 hours in the game and not even everyone at 60, but I kinda like taking my time with each one and going through story mode. I know it's not efficient, but I have the theory that's the reason I haven't felt burn by the game yet so many hours in.

Yea, that's been my approach, at about the same hours played. I've only got like 7 or 8 at 60, which seems crazy to me whenever I glance at that giant number. I'm also going to assume that roughly half of it is time when the game has been idle or minimized in the background, for my own sanity.

antonz

Started Punisher today. I don't think I would have half as much fun playing him without the new costume. Such an awesome costume.
His "powers" seem somewhat messy though (4 basics?), as expected of a pre-review hero.

As simple as he seems, kinda digging it. Love the shotgun and rocket launcher. It feels almost like playing a top-down zombie shooter.

Yeah he could really use his review. The problem is he is good enough as is that they keep pushing his review back. Been waiting forever for his review

KePoW

Banned

What's the story with this costume anyway? I've never seen it in comix.

It looks kinda stupid with a bandage over his head??

Top Bottom