• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
How many actual gifts are we up to? I know it wasn't quite 365 yet as of the last TC build and I don't think anything new was added yesterday.

You need to get 30 by the 12th. There is an NPC (called Stan Lee I think lol) in the tower that will give you the anniversary gifts (365 of them, including a stash tab!!!) if you talk to him with a level 30 character.

I just checked my steam time and it says I've put in 6 hours so far and my highest is level 24 Black panther. I haven't really had a good opportunity to sit down with the game outside of my first playing session yet. I play in little 10-20 minute chunks a lot of time.

3 of those 6 hours I spent in the story which is not the fastest way to level. I got to level 9 via story. Then I started doing holo sim solo missions until I got to 20, now I'm doing Legendary quests. If I stuck with that from the beginning I'd be 30 by now easy. It might have gone faster if I had the opportunity to group for X-defense missions. There is a "find group" option that automatically matches you up with others. I just haven't had the continuous time to try that. Especially with the global xp boost that is going on until Sunday, leveling is quick.

Based on my playtime, I estimate another 2 hours before I hit 30. I'm basically getting a level per Legendary quest now with the global boost and they take about 10-20 min a piece. Waste some time sorting loot etc, I'm thinking 2 hours.

This is from a complete newbie to the game. If you could put in 10 hours, I think you can get 30 before the 12th no problem.

Is there any point to doing the story missions if I've already done it before on different characters? Do you still get the quest rewards? And can I come back to them even after I've overleveld the story?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
How are you guys getting more free characters right now?

A couple of websites had codes for free random hero boxes, but they are all gone (for now)

Dec

I think I found out why we had people not grouping for green. If you have allied powers turned off you can't see the green arrow indicator unless it's on your character.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did someone say the leveling in this feels like a korean mmo? really? o_O

my 26 level 60s disagree >_>

garath

Is there any point to doing the story missions if I've already done it before on different characters? Do you still get the quest rewards? And can I come back to them even after I've overleveld the story?

Yes, yes and yes.

Each character gets the quest rewards. It's power points and base stat upgrades. Worth doing with each character. Plus you get the retcon (the respec thing).

You can do it even if you're overleveled. I smoked through the end of Chapter 1 as Black Panther after leveling outside of it a lot.

Yes, yes and yes.

Each character gets the quest rewards. It's power points and base stat upgrades. Worth doing with each character. Plus you get the retcon (the respec thing).

You can do it even if you're overleveled. I smoked through the end of Chapter 1 as Black Panther after leveling outside of it a lot.

awesome thanks, guess I'll try that new horde mode to level then go back and do the story later. I've done it like 5-6 times already in the past (pre Eternity splitters) and it got kinda dull

So the RNG lords blessed me last night, and I got a Lady Loki costume from the blender. Now I just need to save enough splinters to actually get Loki.

garath

awesome thanks, guess I'll try that new horde mode to level then go back and do the story later. I've done it like 5-6 times already in the past (pre Eternity splitters) and it got kinda dull

Someone even linked a walkthrough for completing story in the minimum number of steps and still get all the rewards. I dont' remember where I saw it but if I stumble across it again I'll link it.

Anoregon

I think I might Taskmaster it up tonight. More points mans I can max all relevant passives and do a serious point dump into the sig over pre-2015 spec, so that should be fun.

He's also on my shortlist for prestige, but I still have so many chars I need to level for the first time that I would feel kind of silly prestiging one of my 60's.

Admodieus

Just decided to come back to this game for the 2015 edition; had only played an hour or two previously. Rolling with Jean Grey, is there a GAF guild or group? Also let me know any tips for playing her.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that is why I wrote it :p

you need 1 character that has done the entire story mode (aka that has all the teleport points) first tho

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Just decided to come back to this game for the 2015 edition; had only played an hour or two previously. Rolling with Jean Grey, is there a GAF guild or group? Also let me know any tips for playing her.

inky can invite you to the supergroup in-game.

For Jean, you'll want to stick mostly to the Phoenix tree. Stick in Psychic Lethargy and other skills of your choosing for damage and go nuts. You'll want to be in Phoenix form all the time, basically.

For Jean, you'll want to stick mostly to the Phoenix tree. Stick in Psychic Lethargy and other skills of your choosing for damage and go nuts. You'll want to be in Phoenix form all the time, basically.

I'm not even sure what build I have on her right now, but this is probably what I went off of when leveling her up the first couple of times. I remember using Kinetic Wave as my non-Phoenix power, but other than that, your Phoenix Inferno will just melt dudes, and with a high enough mob density you'll never lose spirit or phoenix force. She's pretty fun to play.

KePoW

Banned

Yes, the story quest rewards are separate for each character. So eventually you might want to do some of them (if you're OCD). You can do them anytime, even at level 60.

I think I found out why we had people not grouping for green. If you have allied powers turned off you can't see the green arrow indicator unless it's on your character.

Awww dratz, really??? I always turn Allied Power Particles off...

KePoW

Banned

Leave your in-game ID in this thread, and inky will invite you.

For Jean Grey, Phoenix tree is a beast. Only thing is that you cannot see your costume with that build, lol

Xetherion

Hey guys, I've been running with my own little SG of friends but with Raids in the game now we don't have enough people. I was thinking of joining the Neogaf SG but I don't want to join if my friends can't join too. Are non-gaffers allowed to join?

Xevren

Hey guys, I've been running with my own little SG of friends but with Raids in the game now we don't have enough people. I was thinking of joining the Neogaf SG but I don't want to join if my friends can't join too. Are non-gaffers allowed to join?

I personally don't mind it, I'll leave it up to everyone else to see if they care or not.

Do supergroups have a cap for how many we can have in it?

inky

I personally don't mind it, I'll leave it up to everyone else to see if they care or not.

Do supergroups have a cap for how many we can have in it?

Last thing I remember it was something like 500 people, so there's enough room for everyone. I also don't have a problem with non-gaffers being in, but obviously we don't want unfriendly people, or someone who creates drama or abuses others. The self found nature of the game and not having things like group shared stash or much trading means there isn't really a high chance for this to happen with strangers, and if one can vouch for their friends, hey, the more the merrier. =)
Obviously, it is up to all of you.

And just a reminder, if you ask to be invited and I overlook you for some reason just send me a PM with your in-game name.

Anoregon

Letting people bring their non-gaf friends into the SG is a no-brainer, imo.

Xetherion

Last thing I remember it was something like 500 people, so there's enough room for everyone. I also don't have a problem with non-gaffers being in, but obviously we don't want unfriendly people, or someone who creates drama or abuses others. The self found nature of the game and not having things like group shared stash or much trading means there isn't really a high chance for this to happen with strangers, and if one can vouch for their friends, hey, the more the merrier. =)

And just a reminder, if you ask to be invited and I overlook you for some reason just send me a PM with your in-game name.

I don't want unfriendly or abusive people or people that create drama either. I will vouch for my friends that want to join, but if one of them ever does something like that please kick them from the SG.

My in-game name is Xetherion. I'll leave my SG when I get home today, since it looks like everyone's okay with non-gaffers joining.

inky

I don't want unfriendly or abusive people or people that create drama either. I will vouch for my friends that want to join, but if one of them ever does something like that please kick them from the SG.

My in-game name is Xetherion. I'll leave my SG when I get home today, since it looks like everyone's okay with non-gaffers joining.

No problem. PM me the names of your friends who want to join too and I'll send the invites later today.

Has Sue always been this squishy (while leveling)? I hardly paid any attention to her after she was released, but I swear her defense wasn't this pitiful before.

garath

Man. Black panther makes Legendary questing trivial. His stealth roll means I'm just walking through zones completely invisible until I find the objective. It'll probably be more challenging with other heroes.

KePoW

Banned
Has Sue always been this squishy (while leveling)? I hardly paid any attention to her after she was released, but I swear her defense wasn't this pitiful before.

I have not played her after this patch, but she seemed ok while leveling to 60.

Ok as in... like Storm or any other caster. I didn't try any hard content with Sue yet.

Man. Black panther makes Legendary questing trivial. His stealth roll means I'm just walking through zones completely invisible until I find the objective. It'll probably be more challenging with other heroes.

It's not. You pump out a lot of damage. Enemies are trivial for the most part.

Vecks

ok seriously why does this keep crashing
it cant be my computer its brand new

No problems here. Maybe try some general troubleshooting techniques, like changing the compatibility of the .exe to windows 7, and/or set it to always run as administrator.

Yeah, I think it's 500 now. It'll be a looong time before we get full up.

Snaku

Banned

Rhaknar

I thought she was quite squishy myself

Vecks

I liked doing story a couple of times, but with so many characters, it does get pretty dull. I never do a full run of story these days. They did add a new chapter a couple of months ago to the story though, so you'll have a little bit of new content to experience.

Just for the record, I've gotten every hero in the game atm to 30 or higher now. While I don't see myself as an expert, if any of you want an opinion on how a character feels like, I'll be glad to help out. :)
The only ones I haven't checked out yet are Wolverine, Widow and Panther after their reviews. But I'll eventually get to that.

i dont get any error messages
the game just crashes
no error messages or anything
like i said its the game being wierd after the latest patch

Try contacting support, they more often than not are able to help you.

Rhaknar

are our resident TCers going to try out Surfer tomorow? Im expecting impressions and pictures

inky

did someone say the leveling in this feels like a korean mmo? really? o_O

my 26 level 60s disagree >_>

Someone who says that has never, ever played a Korean MMO. At least a classic one. I can get to 60 in like 3 days if I play it hardcore here. People do it in less than 1.

I played a Korean MMO for about 2 years very consistently. I'm not ashamed to say I used a bot to level my characters at some point, and only one of them reached the cap... once. After it was raised to 90 I never reached it again. Then it was raised to like 110.

I would (I kid you not) set up the bot in my laptop to level during the day and leave for school, then play/trade when I got back. It took me around 5 months to reach it. Sure, there were gameplay and character build reasons why it took so long to do it, but the fact remains that it is just not a comparison that can be made.

Heck, there were at the time a good 5 well known botting programs which were extremely sophisticated for what I can remember. You could set up routes, have it complete quests, sell unwanted gear, save wanted gear, manage inventory, change behaviors, builds and equipment if it detected other players, certain monsters or even GMs. Everyone botted in that game, and for good reason.

Top Bottom