• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
while respeccing all my heroes (I just basically kept all the same specs with the added maxed out passives or basics that the new points allow) I got to Squirrel Girl and, what the fuck happened, its like she got another review. Her trees looked totally different, her spells were all changed around (the signature used to be a normal spell, theres a normal spell which is now a basic, etc), it was actually overwhelming and its the only character I didnt respec yet. Kinda made me feel like trying her again (Im infamous for hating her at 60 after loving her at 1-45ish)

are our resident TCers going to try out Surfer tomorow? Im expecting impressions and pictures

He has a bouncing beam attack. All the impressions you'll need.

while respeccing all my heroes (I just basically kept all the same specs with the added maxed out passives or basics that the new points allow) I got to Squirrel Girl and, what the fuck happened, its like she got another review. Her trees looked totally different, her spells were all changed around (the signature used to be a normal spell, theres a normal spell which is now a basic, etc), it was actually overwhelming and its the only character I didnt respec yet. Kinda made me feel like trying her again (Im infamous for hating her at 60 after loving her at 1-45ish)

You don't remember them saying they're going to overhaul her because of the messy state she was in? Anyway, she's much better now. Give her a try.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
He has a bouncing beam attack. All the impressions you'll need.

You don't remember them saying they're going to overhaul her because of the messy state she was in? Anyway, she's much better now. Give her a try.

you know I rage blocked her out of my mind after the 785th wipe on SH loki

Started Daredevil (well, restarted; I played him months ago but benched him), and so far he seems pretty damn cool/impressive. Reminds me a lot of Moon Knight's play style, what with the Rebounding Club and his close, high-damage melee stuff. Reckon I'll enjoy him a lot.

And got my Psylocke to 59 last night while doing LQ's/Terms. Should be able to 60 her pretty quickly tonight. Pretty cool that after the re-roll of skills, and getting back to the same spot I had everything before, I still had 16 skill points left over with the new system! Time to add a new power to the roster.

Bought a Fortune Card Mark 6 last night on a whim with some G that I have left in my account and got Spider-Man Black Team-Up! Score.

I was having this problem as well, and found a fix: http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/271839#Comment_271839

Hope this works for you.

This also worked for me on my old computer.

Lucky. I've opened 56 cards and got neither the team-up nor one of the costumes.

I had bought the bonus pack a few weeks ago (I think it was 20 cards of each type or something like that) and got pretty much nothing but boosts, so I've never had much luck with them either, but last night was finally a good roll.

Yeah, I bought the deluxe Advance Pack, so I got 24 of each card type. The MK6 is the worst though because I have like 5 of the infinite STASH/holocrafter items (which wouldn't be too bad if it was just one, or you could at least stack them), and other than that only boosts.
The only card I was somewhat lucky on was the one with the golden Ultron and Vision pets in them, because I got those. Never got a costume out of any of them though.

garath

Getting close. About a bubble from 29. Got lucky with 3 legendary questsin a row right in midtown. Net me a nice level and a half.

So close. Then even as much as I like BP, going to load up gambit I think. Or wolverine.

Blank!

Getting close. About a bubble from 29. Got lucky with 3 legendary questsin a row right in midtown. Net me a nice level and a half.

So close. Then even as much as I like BP, going to load up gambit I think. Or wolverine.

Side note, but last I heard the XP from legendary quests scales based on the zone/difficulty. So doing legendary quests in late holo sim levels > red terminals > green terminals > high level story missions > MM. I suppose cosmic terminals would be up there too but then it's only useful for Omega points/legendary XP.

The trade off of MM quests is that they're usually quicker (especially grouped, always group) then other "normal" legendary quests. So it's still probably the best XP-wise. Keep in mind, with few exceptions (1?), you'll only be getting 1 odin mark for your time for MM quests.

The absolute best legendary quest in the game however is chapter 9 "Blood Runs Cold" which gives 3 odin marks for killing 50 dark elves, 10 stones, and a boss. It can be ran and finished in under a minute and always spawns close to a waypoint. Once you start getting near the credit cap with nothing to spend it on, never reroll that quest.

KePoW

Banned
Side note, but last I heard the XP from legendary quests scales based on the zone/difficulty. So doing legendary quests in late holo sim levels > red terminals > green terminals > high level story missions > MM

I've never heard this before.

Anybody know if this is actually true?

It's true. And MM is significantly worse, XP wise, than every other zone. But like Blank said, you can finish those quests ridiculously fast in a group, so it's balanced out that way.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hit 190 splinters tonight, so I'll definitely be more than halfway to Surfer tomorrow. 15-20 splinters a day isn't too hard to do when I'm motivated, so I should be in good shape to get him shortly after his release.

I always try to roll Terminal LQs anyway, as you get the double-bonus of accumulating Cube Shards at the same time. I pretty much only play about two hours a day in the evening so Terminals are usually my preference.

And now I've got the Crafter and Enchanter to rank 20, I'm swimming in the moneys so always rerolling less than favourable LQs like there's no tomorrow.

I still think MM "seems" quicker though, even in terms of XP, especially when me and the missus or my SG are grouped up. Can shoot through heaps of MM/Term LQs when there's a couple/few of you. Sometimes with a full party you get those glorious "completed almost before they're started" LQ in-a-row luck-outs when people are already charging into mobs.

Okay, because of how much time I put into this game previously, and how much more content is there since I last played, I decided to buy $20 worth of points to spend. I was thinking of buying a new character, since I never make the free giveaways and will take some time before I get enough shards to buy in-game. My default was Storm, whom I love using. I tried out some Daredevil, but I'm not feeling melee characters so much (which makes me feel like I might not like Spider-Man as much, which is shameful since he is my favorite superhero). So I'm wondering which character should I get? I have enough to get one character (and a costume) or two characters. Jean Grey and Scarlet Witch looked like fun in the videos I watched.

EDIT: oh, and add me to the GAF group if you can, please. Name is Dakula.

Vecks

Okay, because of how much time I put into this game previously, and how much more content is there since I last played, I decided to buy $20 worth of points to spend. I was thinking of buying a new character, since I never make the free giveaways and will take some time before I get enough shards to buy in-game. My default was Storm, whom I love using. I tried out some Daredevil, but I'm not feeling melee characters so much (which makes me feel like I might not like Spider-Man as much, which is shameful since he is my favorite superhero). So I'm wondering which character should I get? I have enough to get one character (and a costume) or two characters. Jean Grey and Scarlet Witch looked like fun in the videos I watched.

Should've bought them during the BOGO sale.

I think if you like Storm, you'll like Scarlet Witch, and she's pretty cheap to get.
Emma and Loki are also good non-melee characters. Well, Emma can be played melee, but she's much more summon/aoe focused.

What is it about melee characters in particular that you didn't like? I much prefer ranged characters myself, but I enjoy melee Spider Man and Gambit more than most other characters in this game right now. There may be hope for you enjoying Spidey, especially since you say he's your fave.

Also, invite sent.

Rhaknar

I usually hate melee characters in rpgs or mmos, for whatever reason I love them in Marvel

Vecks

Finally got to try out shared quests today, since it was not working for me the day before.
I noticed it doesn't really give much xp, but I racked up quite a few odin marks. Maybe 75 or 80? Even managed to get a unique from one of the shared quest reward boxes. Most of it was junk, so never expected to get something decent out of it.

Also decided to put some points into the omega system. I thought it'd just be simply filling out a grid, deciding left or right (ffx style), but no... there are ranks. I'm guessing not all have the same amount of ranks, but still, gonna drive me crazy figuring out what to max.

Taz

Got Human Torch to 30 for the free gifts , got loads of stuff and 90% of it I have no clue what it does lol, enjoying the game used my free box and got Cage, was about to support the devs and buy Iron Man , then I noticed I had anuff to buy a random Hero and I scored Iron Man, guess I'll buy stash tabs now.

antonz

Got Human Torch to 30 for the free gifts , got loads of stuff and 90% of it I have no clue what it does lol, enjoying the game used my free box and got Cage, was about to support the devs and buy Iron Man , then I noticed I had anuff to buy a random Hero and I scored Iron Man, guess I'll buy stash tabs now.

Good deal on that luck and yeah Stash Tabs are a good investment.

Blank!

It's true. And MM is significantly worse, XP wise, than every other zone. But like Blank said, you can finish those quests ridiculously fast in a group, so it's balanced out that way.

Forgot one, terminals are the WORST place to finish a legendary quest. So if you get a "Donate X items" quest, do that part first and then finish the quest.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Missed that giveaway. Interesting timing on their part - I love hosting giveaways at super weird hours! Haha

Gratz to those who snagged one!

Blahhh too late. Who puts a code giveaway up at like 6am eastern!?
Exactly! I keep on missing them, like always. I couldn't go to sleep, so I was actually PLAYING the game, so I missed it.
What is it about melee characters in particular that you didn't like? I much prefer ranged characters myself, but I enjoy melee Spider Man and Gambit more than most other characters in this game right now. There may be hope for you enjoying Spidey, especially since you say he's your fave.

Also, invite sent.
Thanks for the invite.

I think it has more to do with the camera angle and feeling so imprecise with the aiming. The camera angle being that if you get too zoomed in, you lose so much peripherally. But while I'm zoomed out all the way, I'm real imprecise with aiming at enemies. The impreciseness has to do with using the left mouse button for both movement and clicking the enemy to attack. So if I'm trying to aim at a character, but I inadvertently missed, my character will keep moving instead of attacking (yes, I know that only corresponds to attacks assigned to the left mouse button, but my point still stands). I'm constantly missing targets with Daredevil. Hell, even with Storm; but at least she is a ranged character. I feel like I would prefer to control the melee characters like a 3rd person action game instead; with separate imputs for the movement (controller or WASD).

I went ahead and bought Jean Grey, a costume for her (the All-New X-Men one), and a stash box, which I badly needed. I figure that I have a few more days of playing to get enough eternity splinters to buy Scarlet Witch, so buying Jean Grey which would take much longer otherwise.

Exactly! I keep on missing them, like always. I couldn't go to sleep, so I was actually PLAYING the game, so I missed it.
Thanks for the invite.

I think it has more to do with the camera angle and feeling so imprecise with the aiming. The camera angle being that if you get too zoomed in, you lose so much peripherally. But while I'm zoomed out all the way, I'm real imprecise with aiming at enemies. The impreciseness has to do with using the left mouse button for both movement and clicking the enemy to attack. So if I'm trying to aim at a character, but I inadvertently missed, my character will keep moving instead of attacking (yes, I know that only corresponds to attacks assigned to the left mouse button, but my point still stands). I'm constantly missing targets with Daredevil. Hell, even with Storm; but at least she is a ranged character. I feel like I would prefer to control the melee characters like a 3rd person action game instead; with separate imputs for the movement (controller or WASD).

I went ahead and bought Jean Grey, a costume for her (the All-New X-Men one), and a stash box, which I badly needed. I figure that I have a few more days of playing to get enough eternity splinters to buy Scarlet Witch, so buying Jean Grey which would take much longer otherwise.

I had this problem at first, but then I just started liberally using the Shift key for attacking normal enemies. I just swing and let them come to me for the most part. Heh

And when fighting bosses I tend to just hold down my basic so that my character always chases after them. I then just fire off movement and attack spells to keep pace.

Tendo

It's been ages since I played. Any good websites with builds? Specifically ms marvel, rocket raccoon and invisible woman? I feel lost haha.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's been ages since I played. Any good websites with builds? Specifically ms marvel, rocket raccoon and invisible woman? I feel lost haha.

Well everyone has a bunch more skillpoints at max level now, as of Wednesday, so builds are still being worked out.

garath

Missed out on this morning's giveaway but that's ok. I've gotten the last 2 so I'm not complaining. Good for people in other time zones :)

Top Bottom