• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Xevren

I've pretty much accepted that I'll be getting ultimate tokens with random boxes, upgrades for Cable and Scarlet Witch for me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Missed this giveaway, said no more keys, oh well no ultimate token for me

Consensus on the forum is either the raid is overturned, or you need maxed out get and complete voice coordination and shit, which for the normal difficulty (remember this is the green mode as they call it) seems silly. I'm sure it will be nerfed soon enough

I don't mind difficult. I hope they don't super nerf it...

Wallach

Missed this giveaway, said no more keys, oh well no ultimate token for me

Consensus on the forum is either the raid is overturned, or you need maxed out get and complete voice coordination and shit, which for the normal difficulty (remember this is the green mode as they call it) seems silly. I'm sure it will be nerfed soon enough

It was overtuned when the servers first went up, but it's been live-tuned since. It's fine now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Seems splinters stack over 1000 now, so that frees me a inventory slot woot

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Having over 1000 Splinters blows my mind haha.. Though that guy on the official forums with 8600+ ... Dayummm..

When you have nothing to buy they stack up fast, and I've bought around 10 molecules and Taskmaster lately

On the raid front, seems the second boss has a ridiculous amount of health, which is by far my least favorite way to make stuff hard, because it's not hard, it's just boring (those bosses before getting to the malekith instance for example, good LORD they take forever)

garath

Nice. Apparently my registration for the ten ton hammer code bugged. I emailed support and they found my code. Got hulk!

When I put my email in it didn't just say out of codes. It said my email was already registered. But I never got a code. Good for their support!

I love the XP boost too!

KePoW

Banned
Nice. Apparently my registration for the ten ton hammer code bugged. I emailed support and they found my code. Got hulk!

When I put my email in it didn't just say out of codes. It said my email was already registered. But I never got a code. Good for their support!

I love the XP boost too!

Did someone invite you to GAF guild yet?

I've been trying to get back into the game. I started playing earlier today, then tonight I boot up the game, and once the first FMV starts to play (audio only for the start, the screen is still white), it stops after a second. Then nothing. The screen is still white, no audio, and nothing else loads, no matter how long I leave it. Don't know what to do. I've tried verifying the cache, and redownloading it. The only thing I can say is that I changed it from full screen to windowed full screen the last time I played.

Has anyone encountered the following error?

Rendering Thread Exception: Fatal Error

I've never had issues running this or or any other game, up until a couple of months ago. Now, I encounter this error when playing Marvel Heroes every other day and it always results in the game crashing and having to relaunch.

Carm

So, I started leveling Storm again Tuesday evening, she was already level 10. I wanted to get to 30 for the gift bag. I went through the campaign, figured first character may as well do it that way to get an idea on how the whole game is gonna work. So, I finished all 9 chapters tonight, got to level 30, and I'm slightly annoyed.

Now, I know this is a F2P game and all, but I really didn't expect the slow experience gain to be this bad. Starting Wednesday, they supposedly had the anniversary buff active with 50% experience. On top of that I started using the experience potions. Those two combined it is somewhat tolerable. I dunno, I just for some reason didn't expect a experience grind similar, but slightly better compared to Asian mmos.

Steam says it's taken roughly 24 real hours to get 20 levels completely the rest of the campaign.

Also, fuck Loki lol, I dunno how a melee is suppose to do that fight solo., died twice because having to run from all the adds non stop.

Question about crafting mats, are the low level mats I've been collecting not worth keeping and I should just use to level up my crafter npc? They are taking a ton of bank space currently.

Edit: Another thing that really bothers me, but I know F2P and all, is the fact that your primary inventory is shared across all your characters. That doesn't make me want to buy bank space, that just pisses me off.

Wallach

So, I started leveling Storm again Tuesday evening, she was already level 10. I wanted to get to 30 for the gift bag. I went through the campaign, figured first character may as well do it that way to get an idea on how the whole game is gonna work. So, I finished all 9 chapters tonight, got to level 30, and I'm slightly annoyed.

Now, I know this is a F2P game and all, but I really didn't expect the slow experience gain to be this bad. Starting Wednesday, they supposedly had the anniversary buff active with 50% experience. On top of that I started using the experience potions. Those two combined it is somewhat tolerable. I dunno, I just for some reason didn't expect a experience grind similar, but slightly better compared to Asian mmos.

Steam says it's taken roughly 24 real hours to get 20 levels completely the rest of the campaign.

Also, fuck Loki lol, I dunno how a melee is suppose to do that fight solo., died twice because having to run from all the adds non stop.

Question about crafting mats, are the low level mats I've been collecting not worth keeping and I should just use to level up my crafter npc? They are taking a ton of bank space currently.

The XP curve is balanced around doing the legendary quests. Just doing the story mode is pretty slow XP wise, so that you don't wind up outleveling the content your first time.

Vecks

It only takes a while because it's your first hero and because you are doing story mode.
Nowadays, it usually takes me about an hour to get from level 1-30.

Yeah, don't bother collecting crafting mats. They're always easy to find, and you can split higher level mats to get lower level mats.

Chromax

I just recently restarted. For the story mode are there a lot of bosses with 1 hit kill like Bullseye? At least I think it was a one hit kill when I got hit.

Wallach

I just recently restarted. For the story mode are there a lot of bosses with 1 hit kill like Bullseye? At least I think it was a one hit kill when I got hit.

They're not super common, at least the ones that hit really hard. Usually they are very telegraphed. Rhino's charge will generally kill most most players if you take it in the face, for example. Definitely look out for red arrows or danger warnings.

Rhaknar

Juggernaut and Rhino's charge 1 shot aswell. bullseye only 1 shots you if youre close

Lord Phol

Man you're crazy the leveling in this is nothing compared to korean mmos :p. You can get a guy to 60 in less than a day, there are very few asian mmos where I even got close to max level >>. It does help to know what and where to level though, like others mentioned legendary quests helps alot!

Man I'm getting hyped about Silver Surfer even though I wasn't before, I do love me some cosmic marvel!

antonz

Got Hulk as a random today so decided to level him. He is pretty fun but everyone I hear from says the same thing he is great to level but then sucks at endgame.

Carm

Alright so questions then about non story leveling.

Legendary quests from 20-30 only? I'm assuming this is group only, or can it be done solo? What about after 30?

From 1-20, I see 3 items listed in the Green Terminal

Midtown Patrol
S.H.I.E.L.D. Holo-Sim
X-Defense

I remember someone I think in this thread mention Holo-Sim.

That is only for 1-2 players though. While I knew I was gonna die, I went into one solo just to check it out, since it does say 1-2 people. I got destroyed within 20 seconds never killing anything heh. So, is Holo-Sim the one I should be doing with another person, or one of the other two?

shock33

Legendary quests are the best way to level to 60 once you hit 20, they take you into midtown, terminals, story and holo sim so people generally just follow where they take then.

When there are boosts running its sometimes best to reroll for boasted areas (eg if terminals are boosted try and get them) but this can get expensive as the reroll prices increase at higher levels.

I tend to do holo sim on my own at level 1-10, after that I hit x-def to 20 then LQs to 60

LQs are not shared, but groups will often form in midtown as all kills in a group will count to your LQ.

Don't worry about the green terminal thing, all the terminals link to all the challenge modes now.

antonz

Alright so questions then about non story leveling.

Legendary quests from 20-30 only? I'm assuming this is group only, or can it be done solo? What about after 30?

From 1-20, I see 3 items listed in the Green Terminal

Midtown Patrol
S.H.I.E.L.D. Holo-Sim
X-Defense

I remember someone I think in this thread mention Holo-Sim.

That is only for 1-2 players though. While I knew I was gonna die, I went into one solo just to check it out, since it does say 1-2 people. I got destroyed within 20 seconds never killing anything heh. So, is Holo-Sim the one I should be doing with another person, or one of the other two?

from 20-60 you can do legendaries. Holo-Sim is 2 player as you stated though at 60 you can 1 man it for awhile depending on the waves and character.

X-Def is team mode though it again lets you have the chance to solo but pointless. Midtown is just a general killing bosses and mobs area. Most people run around midtown while doing their legendaries and only leave when the quest demands they do so. Midtown you can group up with random people inside and it can speed up legendary quest kills etc

Opened my two random hero boxes today.

Rolled Moon Knight and Storm.

Meh, whatevs. Level Moon Knight to 25, get the last ten splinters for a random box. Expecting dupe.

Roll the Amazing Spider-Man. Goddamn I have great luck.

Wallach

Actually, I was wrong about the raid; the live tuning wasn't really successful. The first fight is able to be completed, but really only on the virtue of one of the ways it is not working correctly. Might just want to wait until Friday unless you just want to learn the basic idea of the fight.

shugdaddy

Neo Member
Are purple items common in thus game? I seem to be getting lots of them along with green and blue.

Also got a yellow cosmic piece that summons an alien :)

shock33

Item order:

White - vendor trash
Green - common
Blue - rare
Purple - epic
Yellow - cosmic, includes +1 to all skills affix
Brown - unique

In reality blue and purple pretty much drop like candy

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Opened my two random hero boxes today.

Rolled Moon Knight and Storm.

Meh, whatevs. Level Moon Knight to 25, get the last ten splinters for a random box. Expecting dupe.

Roll the Amazing Spider-Man. Goddamn I have great luck.

Storm is a beast. <3

E: Speaking of Storm, I finally found a decent LoH core. ~4900 HP/min and ~300 HP per hit. Feels good to NOT be at risk of death every time I get hit!

garath

Did someone invite you to GAF guild yet?

Don't think so. I only logged on for ~30 min last night so I might have overlooked it.

Edit: Another thing that really bothers me, but I know F2P and all, is the fact that your primary inventory is shared across all your characters. That doesn't make me want to buy bank space, that just pisses me off.

XP-wise, I've taken the advice of the people here and I did holo sim until 20 (didn't realize xdefense was only really done in groups :p) then I started Legendary quests. It takes me 10-20 min to do a legendary quest and I've been getting a complete level every 1-2 quests. I got 2 levels yesterday doing 2 quests. 2 the day before doing 3 quests. I've literally only played about 1.5 hours since I hit 20 and I'm 24. Especially with the buff right now I'm going to hit 30 for the gifts. Then I'll probably start my next character and go through the story mode without stressing levels.

edit: Fellow newbies.. Punch in every single code on this list. Boosts galore. Every one of them are still valid:

http://orcz.com/Marvel_Heroes:_Promo_Codes

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've been struggling with leveling Ironman. He's still really low, only 12, but othern than arc reactor I'm not sure where to put points and he so far just feels a lot weaker than other chars I've had at low levels.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have, actually. Maybe the spec just doesn't start to feel good until a bit later.

Yeah, that's possible. I haven't touched IM yet, so I don't know. I've found that the first 15-20 levels with most heroes feel a bit bland. I think once you can start LQ farming on a hero, the jumps in levels make a huge difference since you start rapidly opening more of the "good" powers.

I know my Cyclops from 1-20 was boring...But once I hit that LQ mark, I popped a few XP boosts and was gaining a level every few minutes thanks to LQ XP. Now that I've got him at 50, it's a bit slower, but since I also popped my credit find boosts, I am hovering around 1m credits, so I can freely reroll for easy LQ's and burn through levels.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
XP-wise, I've taken the advice of the people here and I did holo sim until 20 (didn't realize xdefense was only really done in groups :p) then I started Legendary quests. It takes me 10-20 min to do a legendary quest and I've been getting a complete level every 1-2 quests. I got 2 levels yesterday doing 2 quests. 2 the day before doing 3 quests. I've literally only played about 1.5 hours since I hit 20 and I'm 24. Especially with the buff right now I'm going to hit 30 for the gifts. Then I'll probably start my next character and go through the story mode without stressing levels.

edit: Fellow newbies.. Punch in every single code on this list. Boosts galore. Every one of them are still valid:

http://orcz.com/Marvel_Heroes:_Promo_Codes

thanks, i got a bunch of stuff from that site!

am i reading this right: if you hit 30 by june 12th, you get a bunch of gifts? how many hours has it taken you so far? i might have time sunday to put some serious work on my cap

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

am i reading this right: if you hit 30 by june 12th, you get a bunch of gifts? how many hours has it taken you so far? i might have time sunday to put some serious work on my cap

To be honest, you can hit 30 in like, 2-3 hours if you just focus on it and know what you're doing. 1-20 X-Def, 20+ LQ's. It's really that easy.

garath

You need to get 30 by the 12th. There is an NPC (called Stan Lee I think lol) in the tower that will give you the anniversary gifts (365 of them, including a stash tab!!!) if you talk to him with a level 30 character.

I just checked my steam time and it says I've put in 6 hours so far and my highest is level 24 Black panther. I haven't really had a good opportunity to sit down with the game outside of my first playing session yet. I play in little 10-20 minute chunks a lot of time.

3 of those 6 hours I spent in the story which is not the fastest way to level. I got to level 9 via story. Then I started doing holo sim solo missions until I got to 20, now I'm doing Legendary quests. If I stuck with that from the beginning I'd be 30 by now easy. It might have gone faster if I had the opportunity to group for X-defense missions. There is a "find group" option that automatically matches you up with others. I just haven't had the continuous time to try that. Especially with the global xp boost that is going on until Sunday, leveling is quick.

Based on my playtime, I estimate another 2 hours before I hit 30. I'm basically getting a level per Legendary quest now with the global boost and they take about 10-20 min a piece. Waste some time sorting loot etc, I'm thinking 2 hours.

This is from a complete newbie to the game. If you could put in 10 hours, I think you can get 30 before the 12th no problem.

Top Bottom