• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

inky

What should I be paying attention to/focusing on as I climb from 30 to 60?

Do Legendary Quests to get Odin Marks to get a Legendary Item (you need 300, and you should have some already). You can try doing the story again to get the special rewards again or you can skip it and do things like Terminals. Green and Red terminals give you cube shards daily, which can be exchanged for Fortune Cards which have useful stuff like boosts and some costume rewards.

Legendary Quests will naturally take you between all the modes you can do, and they can even be rerolled (costs some credits) if you don't feel like doing a certain one. I would also concentrate on leveling my Crafter and Enchanter by donating items.

In essence, do whatever content you feel like doing, but LQs are usually a good place to start and the ones that give out the most XP rewards plus the aforementioned Odin Marks.

Dec

My bad, it was said on stream, not posted on forum.

This isn't solo. What it means is that the bosses will also drop a currency you can spend at a vendor that sells raid items. You still need to actually do the raid to get them.

There was mention of a way for solo players to see the story, like a cutscene, but I have not seen anything about getting raid gear solo.

Hit 30 today on my main (Scarlet Witch). I feel legitimately powerful using her ultimate. The anniversary gifts they gave out are insane, I now have a set of level 60 unique's waiting for me to get to max level. I also got a costume for a hero I don't have yet (Punisher) and then converted some of my ES into a random hero box - got Invisible Woman (meh).

I can't believe I spent so much time on D3 when this game has much more content. I admit I'm kind of at a loss at the moment for what to do after completing the story - do I run missions to try and get more Omega points? Do I just do X-Defense and Legendary Quests and rush to 60? There just seems to be a ton to do.

I also love the Synergy system, it's like the Legacy mechanic from SWTOR but done right.

My only question is where do I start to make sense of all the crafting and materials that are suddenly available to me. As I opened anniversary gifts, I got all this stuff I had no idea was even in the game. What should I be paying attention to/focusing on as I climb from 30 to 60?

Legendary Quests are the fastest way to level and as the poster above said, they give you Odin marks which are very useful. Some of the LQs kind of suck (any story related one) and I reroll them until I get quests in either terminals or Midtown Patrol. Even if you didn't care about power leveling, I'd still do LQs exclusively just for the Odin marks while leveling.

Blank!

My only question is where do I start to make sense of all the crafting and materials that are suddenly available to me. As I opened anniversary gifts, I got all this stuff I had no idea was even in the game. What should I be paying attention to/focusing on as I climb from 30 to 60?

Crafting materials (the essenses) are worthless. You can keep a stack or two of the "pure" elements that likely aren't even available to you yet, but otherwise I would mostly ignore it. Crafting in general isn't going to do you much good until much later on. The only exception(s) is if you can find a nice mid-level core.

Unstable Molecules and Matrix's of Unbinding you should hoard. Unstable molecules are a very rare crafting ingridient in some high level crafts. Matrix's of unbinding are a "cheap" way to unbind shit later on.

As far as crafting options go, 99% of your stuff should be given to your crafter/enchanter as a "donation" to increase their level. The early-game crafts are mostly sucky. If you do want to do something with your crafter, I highly recommend using the costume slot 1-4 crafts (defensive options are better than offensive for leveling). Health on basic hit (if you basic a lot) or health on enemy defeat are very good early to mid game options.

Most people will suggest donating to Crafter -> Enchanter -> Weapon guy -> Armor Guy. (Nearly) every level of the crafter/enchanter gives a new option... the thing is, most of those options either suck or won't be useful till 60... even still, it's the best way to go.

Leveling Weapon/Armor guy is much lower priority. Armor guy sells 2 'unique' enchants, the Wealth enchant (+credit) and Joy enchant (+rare item find). Both of these are pretty bad. Wealth is good for a credit find gear, rare item find is worthless.

Leveling weapon guy will (increidlbly rarely) sell artifacts. I've gotten a Pym Shrink and a good adv. Kungfu Artifact in about 2-3 months at being max rank. Worth it? Meh, what else are you going to do.

Runes you should hoard. 99% of them you probably won't use, but a few end up being super useful. The three most useful runewords that are available almost right away:

River of Soul - Spirit management is important in this game, and this makes it a lot easier.

Seer's Brilliance - Helps with leveling very slightly... use to be better when intelligence gave +xp, probably not as useful anymore.

Ancient Grove - Great defensive option and "cheap" rune-wise. If you don't need the spirit management of River of Soul, this is your next best bet.

Costume Cores - Any core that isn't level 60 and you aren't planning on using right this second is worthless. Any core that doesn't have 2 affix's (or a double roll) is also worthless.

The chips and other assorted shit from Fortune cards can be turned in for costumes. Unless you plan on getting 90+ of them however (ie, spend money) they are pointless to hold onto. Sell them.

Finaika

Leveling Weapon/Armor guy is much lower priority. Armor guy sells 2 'unique' enchants, the Wealth enchant (+credit) and Joy enchant (+rare item find). Both of these are pretty bad. Wealth is good for a credit find gear, rare item find is worthless.

Rare item find is worthless?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Pretty much yeah. It's a very low priority stat IMO

RiF buffs loot drop, in a loot game. how is it worthless? All dem uniques

edit: well as a enchant its useless yes, but so is the credit one imo

Blank!

RiF buffs loot drop, in a loot game. how is it worthless? All dem uniques

edit: well as a enchant its useless yes, but so is the credit one imo

I'd take +60 credits all day over +15% RiF. +15% RiF isn't even a CORE's RiF. If you're that RiF focused, you'd make bigger stides getting that down than adding 3 joy runes to your armor. Meanwhile, 60 credit find is 6x a core.

Yes, +HP is the clear winner for those slots 95% of the time, but if you don't need the survivability of an extra 600 HP or if you have credit-find specific gear... it's certainly an option.

And before anyone asks, the problem with RiF specific gear is that it comes on inferior gear/pretty sad quantities which'll likely slow kill speed/time to live. Combined with the majority of good loot being in cosmic terminals, it's usually not worth the stat-sacrifice.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You guys were all right btw, Betsy was (is) fun. Played her ranged but I could see her melee being just as good

Vecks

After Storm rework comes Rocket.
I understand why, but... still really, really looking forward to Jean and Cyclops.

garath

Well I now have black panther and gambit over 30. I started leveling Scarlett witch but man. She seems the weakest of everyone I've leveled so far. I can't even complete half the holo Sims by myself. :( I like her kit though. I can see the potential.

KePoW

Banned
Well I now have black panther and gambit over 30. I started leveling Scarlett witch but man. She seems the weakest of everyone I've leveled so far. I can't even complete half the holo Sims by myself. :( I like her kit though. I can see the potential.

If you're just starting out, I would do X-Def from 1 to 20. Since you're in a party of 5, you can just mess around and still gain levels fast.

So I had the shards to snag Psylocke, but I read up on her being slow footed and not being super good. I said fuck it, prayed to the RNG gods and picked up two random boxes. I got Deadpool and PIDERMAN. I think it was a good gamble.

Rhaknar

So I had the shards to snag Psylocke, but I read up on her being slow footed and not being super good. I said fuck it, prayed to the RNG gods and picked up two random boxes. I got Deadpool and PIDERMAN. I think it was a good gamble.

Piderman is awesome

Also you just got 2 out of 4 heroes in the game that cost 600splinters from random boxes. I would go buy a lottery ticket next

Xevren

Psy isn't bad at all, but yeah kinda slow. Luckily it's nothing a Ziggurat can't fix! But hey grats on the 2 you got. Spidey is probably one of if not my favorite character to play.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
hKJbcOd.jpg

uEfcLjQ.jpg

Imma have that

garath

If you're just starting out, I would do X-Def from 1 to 20. Since you're in a party of 5, you can just mess around and still gain levels fast.

I did try to queue for a group at level 5. I waited for about 5 min before giving up. I'll try again at a more popular time. It was like 10am est.

hKJbcOd.jpg

uEfcLjQ.jpg

Imma have that

Holy crap. I may buy his bundle. That looks awesome. Plus I could use a hero specific stash.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I did try to queue for a group at level 5. I waited for about 5 min before giving up. I'll try again at a more popular time. It was like 10am est.

Mind you, I had boosts...But I went from 1 -> 20 in 42 minutes on Gambit running Holo-Sim solo. Do not queue for party members, just go in. You will lose a lot, but just push through.

Voror

Just started as Black Panther. Got kicked off a bit okay, but so far so good. Does GAF have any kind of group on here if there is that sort of thing?

Vecks

The lower levels take longer to queue for because people blaze through those levels. Just queue up and kill stuff in midtown while you're waiting.

Just started as Black Panther. Got kicked off a bit okay, but so far so good. Does GAF have any kind of group on here if there is that sort of thing?

New to the game? Welcome aboard. Yeah we got a group. Just leave your in-game name and hopefully someone who can invite, will invite you.

J-Tier

Man. I just started Ms. Marvel, but after seeing Surfer, I lost all motivation to max her out until I've maxed out Mr. Radd.

J-Tier

Well, I'm sitting on 19 lvls 60s, so I think I'll take a break and goof about. Silver Surfer will be my next level 60 will full uniques, and I'll probably do Carol afterwards.

Tendo

Just beat the game with Ms Marvel and started messing with terminals for the first time. Awesome stuff. So much content. Why did I just waste time playing D3 when I still had this installed?

How do I get an invite into the supergroup?

Rhaknar

Gaz isn't at E3 right? Thought they would be with the rebranding and all but I haven't heard a peep

Voror

Is there any recommendations in regards to upgrading the vendors? Like ones I should focus one or which items to just feed them rather than worrying about whether I should keep or not?

Rhaknar

Is there any recommendations in regards to upgrading the vendors? Like ones I should focus one or which items to just feed them rather than worrying about whether I should keep or not?

Enchanter first, then crafter. Actually wait, crafter does costume affixes...

Crafter first, then enchanter!

Top Bottom