• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thank you. And for leveling, should I just go through the main story missions, then perhaps tackle extra stuff?

I corrected myself to crafter first, then enchanter

As for leveling, I would do the story modes (normal, heroic, super heroic) on your first hero because you will need all those teleport points in the future when / if you want to get all the health/ spirit upgrades and power points on other heroes

shock33

My thoughts on Cosmic Prestige:

OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE

Seriously, I would not recommend this to anyone.

On the minor plus side, it does make you pay close attention to gear

Wallach

OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE

I have 2 levels of this left on my Taskmaster. I started in the middle of May...
xHAhgVR.png

garath

So I've been struggling a bit with the grouping in this game. I've been playing with my buddy who I tore away from D3. He's finally super happy with Loki so we've been Gambit + Loki leveling up (REALLY potent combo btw). But the requirement to be a similar level is pretty annoying. If I happen to level x5 while he's x4 then we can't group. Can't do midtown, can't do holo sims. We might be able to do xdefense with the level restriction being more flexible but then we'll just have the same problem if it's x0 and x9. The game just won't let the higher level enter the zone. Is there something we're missing here?

We actually have that problem now. He played a little more when I left yesterday so now I'm 31 and he's 36. Our favorite things so far have been holo sims and midtown. Can't do either together until I get 35.

Seems a little too restrictive :(

Xevren

Yea that's been a problem, shareable quests can help with that but the rewards feel lackluster. They haven't been out a week and doomsaw already said they're going to be buffed so there's that.

garath

Yea that's been a problem, shareable quests can help with that but the rewards feel lackluster. They haven't been out a week and doomsaw already said they're going to be buffed so there's that.

That's good.. the shareable quests have been fun but they are a LOT of work for little reward.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE

I'm glad I have zero desire to prestige ever. I'm more than happy leveling everyone to 60 and gearing them out instead.

Any tips for a good leveling build with Gambit? I'm following one guide I found on the forums, but Gambit seems...Weak? Got him to 25 before work and intend to hit 35 or so this evening.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Got Captain America & Dr Strange to 30 and I'm really enjoying them both and how differently they play.

Dr Strange is so beasty with his AoE game, I'm wrecking mobs, teleporting around and laying down spells like mad.

Cap doesn't seem as powerful in that regard, but his mobility makes him a blast to play: dash into mobs, find the Elites/Bosses and focusing on them, then leaping away as things get hairy.

I'm curious on what Cable, Invisible Woman, Black Panther & Ms Marvel playstyles are like. Any thoughts, GAF?

garath

I'm glad I have zero desire to prestige ever. I'm more than happy leveling everyone to 60 and gearing them out instead.

Any tips for a good leveling build with Gambit? I'm following one guide I found on the forums, but Gambit seems...Weak? Got him to 25 before work and intend to hit 35 or so this evening.

Disclaimer, you know I'm a completely newbie at Marvel. But I seem to have a pretty decent Gambit build going on.

I didn't find a Gambit leveling guide but I did find this nice Cosmic build.

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/disc...c-boss-fights-vids-no-update-until-next-patch

So I've kind of worked around that.

Here's what I have at level 30 (give or take)

http://marvelbase.com/builds/generator/gambit#vKvKZMpCspZvvKv7vM/0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

Basically using leveled wild card with the kinetic control passive as my spirit generator and pretty good left click damage. I use street sweep as the AoE/dot damage. I pretty much kill Doom's final form just using street sweep. I spend so much time dodging that's the only damage I get on him.

I use the Bo vault, good times roll and fold 'em for mobility around fights. Dead man's hand is a great single target killer. The costs get less and less as you add spirit for hitting with a power and the Kinetic control. I just got 52 card pickup so haven't experimented with it yet. Looks like a good room clearer/boss killer.

The only thing that I'm having trouble deciding on is between Royal flush and Ace of Spades. I got Ace of spades first of course and it was a big part of my early level AoE damage. Even now I still like it a lot though Royal Flush has some advantages as well. I'm really torn. Can't level both. Too many points. Ace of Spades is great when they're all clustered up in a group. Royal Flush is good when they're coming at you from all sides. They seem to do similar damage with each shining in its specific situation. Dunno on that one.

90% of my damage comes from street sweep and Wild Card/Dead man's hand though.

He's tons of fun to play and does more damage than the other one's I've tried so far. I'm focusing on gear that gives me increased duration to keep street sweep up longer. I can have 3-4 of them out at a time just melting everything on the screen.

edit: I forgot I have 5-6 points in savate expert. Defense and health regen from using Street sweep. Also adds to the damage rating of street sweep

Totally range build. Buy into every skill except 1 in the tree and just lay waste. I think he's one of the more powerful characters in the game while leveling in that build. His melee is kinda stilted.

KePoW

Banned
So I've been struggling a bit with the grouping in this game. I've been playing with my buddy who I tore away from D3. He's finally super happy with Loki so we've been Gambit + Loki leveling up (REALLY potent combo btw). But the requirement to be a similar level is pretty annoying. If I happen to level x5 while he's x4 then we can't group. Can't do midtown, can't do holo sims. We might be able to do xdefense with the level restriction being more flexible but then we'll just have the same problem if it's x0 and x9. The game just won't let the higher level enter the zone. Is there something we're missing here?

We actually have that problem now. He played a little more when I left yesterday so now I'm 31 and he's 36. Our favorite things so far have been holo sims and midtown. Can't do either together until I get 35.

That is correct, but do X-Def instead. (that is every 10 levels)

I think that's more fun anyway.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

it's potatoe/potato. It is restrictive but at the same time it is less restrictive than these games have been in the past. Diablo managed to get around that with having everything on private games/servers,

IMHO gaz should just let you level down. So you are 39 and your buddy is 35 let you sync to 35 to play with him.

sophora

Been working on my Spidey, on Heroic now and retconned into a ranged build for him after I unlocked Constrictive Webbing passive and found the Horizon Labs webshooters, he's so fun now. Skipped on his signature skill but tried it out...my god the CC is so nice when they're together to smack around with spidey brawl. Spent some splinters last night on a random box and got another Storm dupe, suppose I'll work on her after her rework and after I finish with Spidey.

borghe

yeah I read in here yesterday "math heads say if you have less than 66% of the heroes you should buy random" which netted me two dupes yesterday. About 20 splinters away from my next random.. sigh.

with that being said, Scarlet Witch's Ultimate is now up to rank 4. lol. What is the max rank for ultimates?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yeah I read in here yesterday "math heads say if you have less than 66% of the heroes you should buy random" which netted me two dupes yesterday. About 20 splinters away from my next random.. sigh.

with that being said, Scarlet Witch's Ultimate is now up to rank 4. lol. What is the max rank for ultimates?

its called odds and they werent wrong, even if you were unlocky

edit: aparently Rocket's review is the most expensive rework they have done so far, exciting. expecting a lot of new animations

Vecks

It's pretty restrictive, but you will level slower later on (it gets somewhat slower in the 40's and much slower in the 50's), so that might help keep your levels closer. Also, since this game is based around having multiple heroes, you guys can try to keep your favorites closer together for cooperative, while leveling other less liked heroes while you guys aren't playing together.

Of course, another idea would be to handicap yourself in xp. Let one do LQs while the other holds back, since LQs will pretty much double your leveling rate. Or, when you guys get to 60, you won't have to worry about that anymore. You guys can play together at 60 for fun, and do other leveling stuff on off time.

borghe

50s are slow enough that I typically use any boosts I collected... or frankly just buy some boosts. With 150% xp boost you can still do around a level every hour or so on legendaries IIRC.

garath

Thanks for the thoughts on level restrictions guys. I understand it but at the same time I don't. The one level difference putting you into a completely different tier really sucks. Imo, they should allow up or down a single tier based on party leader's level. i.e. team leader is 35 and joins the 35-39 tier. Go ahead and allow the 30-34 character. He'll struggle but catch up quickly.

We'll just be diligent in staying together on these characters.

When's Silver surfer hit Test center? Today? I'm awaiting impressions before plunking $16 down on the bundle :) Plus I'd really like to see what the alt skin looks like. I'd buy a skin for Gambit but I actually like the default best lol.

Indignate

I wish sharable quest were actually sharable. I guess that part comes in that all your characters share it? Don't see why they can't treat these quest like instances in that if you're partied up for them, you share progress.

borghe

I wish sharable quest were actually sharable. I guess that part comes in that all your characters share it? Don't see why they can't treat these quest like instances in that if you're partied up for them, you share progress.
at one point they had shared legendaries... but they lasted about a week and were abandoned. basically one guy sticking around in a hub sharing out a gravy LQ and repeating as soon as everyone finished it. Was terribly exploitative.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

They are also shared with anyone near you, but that really only applies to the midtown ones just do to the nature of how the instancing of terminals/x-def/holo-sim works.

KePoW

Banned
at one point they had shared legendaries... but they lasted about a week and were abandoned. basically one guy sticking around in a hub sharing out a gravy LQ and repeating as soon as everyone finished it. Was terribly exploitative.

Yeah that's not gonna work. They definitely should have ditched it.

I hate exploits and don't want anything that helps people level faster in this game.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Test Center is up, people who aren't at work need to fill our lives with Silver Surfer goodness immediately.

Edit: hahaha, gaz is good at gaem:

juZpDvL.png

Vecks

I hate how "leave supergroup" is right under "leave party." So dumb.

A troll must have snuck that in while they weren't looking. I know it must be pretty much impossible to check everything, what with having so many teams implementing new stuff on strict deadlines for this month, but that is still the weirdest thing I've seen in the game.

edit: aparently Rocket's review is the most expensive rework they have done so far, exciting. expecting a lot of new animations

Yeah, just saw that. something about adding a thanosbuster mech suit? I have no idea what that is, but it sounds rather awesome.

Mugaaz

New player. Got Loki to 60 recently, have cable at 42. Got Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, and Emma Frost from codes/starters. Since the event continues until Thursday, should I focus on leveling all my guys to 60, or should I try to farm loot in Cosmic Terminals with Loki to gear him up for raids?

Anoregon

I was about to say that I'm surprised to see he has no secondary resource bar above the XP bar, but then I realized he has a completely alternate resource instead of spirit.

also dat power cosmic tree.

Anoregon

surfer_stats.png

A tad distressing that so much art isn't in this build, I want surfer this week!

Lord Phol

Yeah I managed to get a few minutes with him :p.

From the little I played he had lots of AoE and seemed quite fun! The basic attack shoots 5 beams that hit random mobs in an area (calle microbeams). Spirit Spenders were a board charge, a ricocheting beam (like cyclops or storms abilities) and a power that kind of worked like Ghost Riders "Ride" but it was toggable (on/off).

Vecks

New player. Got Loki to 60 recently, have cable at 42. Got Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, and Emma Frost from codes/starters. Since the event continues until Thursday, should I focus on leveling all my guys to 60, or should I try to farm loot in Cosmic Terminals with Loki to gear him up for raids?

Focus on leveling for now. XP boost is reliable, unlike SIF/RIF, so it's best to make the most of that, and getting that permanent +75% hero synergy xp by getting 4 heroes to 60 will help out a lot in the long run.

is is the new ultimate, thats confirmed

Any info on the signature? Is it just the old ultimate or something new?

Lord Phol

I dont think he will make it this week tbh

Well those things are always the last to be added, and they have been saying that they are waiting for marvels approval. Also note that TC patches are usually a bit behind their internals builds :d. He was quite buggy from what I tried though so we will have to see.

borghe

use the exp buff. RIF/SIF bonus is nice, but even multiplicative it's still incredibly small. XP bonus on the other hand is flat and noticeable. Even if you just stack it with another 50% it should come out to like a 125% XP bonus (plus anything else like lvl 60 syngery, Cyclops bonus, etc)

Have Strange to 42.. looking to hit 60 tonight or tomorrow. After that I was kind of itching to go for Rocket... but given his level 52 is coming soon I may just go for Ms. Marvel instead.

garath

Question: If I pop a 2h booster but log off after an hour, does the counter continue real time or stop and resume when I log back in? Truly hoping for the latter.

Anoregon

So surfer apparently won't be active when the test center comes back up shortly. wtf gaz!?

garath

They don't tick down while logged off or even while in hubs. (When working properly)

Nice :) Thanks for the info. I should have popped one yesterday when my buddy did. Was trying to get him to 30 for the anniversary rewards but I only had an hour to play. Now he's passed me up by 5 levels lol.

Mugaaz

Someone explain this thing with cosmic terminals. Ive read you need to clear X number of minions to get certain number of chests. Except, I didnt know that yesterday and rushed the boss killing zero trash. I got a chest on 3 out of 4 runs I did. Is it worth killing trash at all then?

Top Bottom