• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Someone explain this thing with cosmic terminals. Ive read you need to clear X number of minions to get certain number of chests. Except, I didnt know that yesterday and rushed the boss killing zero trash. I got a chest on 3 out of 4 runs I did. Is it worth killing trash at all then?

You either got lucky and killed enough trash during the boss fights, or the bosses you killed had the "Marvelous" affix which gives you an extra chest when they die. I've seen on this thread I think that those marvelous chests are tuned to have just as good, if not better loot than the cosmic chests.

If you just want specific artifacts or uniques off the boss, it might not be worth going for the bounty chests, but if you need cosmics and uniques in general, it's usually worth it.

cobell

Someone explain this thing with cosmic terminals. Ive read you need to clear X number of minions to get certain number of chests. Except, I didnt know that yesterday and rushed the boss killing zero trash. I got a chest on 3 out of 4 runs I did. Is it worth killing trash at all then?

If you toggle through the mission tab you see the bounty count for bonus chests.

The chest you got was just a random one. The cosmic chests glow with a blue outline. They can worth if you're after random loot, but if you're after something specific to the boss (like a cosmic medallion), rushing the boss is the way to go.

garath

You either got lucky and killed enough trash during the boss fights, or the bosses you killed had the "Marvelous" affix which gives you an extra chest when they die. I've seen on this thread I think that those marvelous chests are tuned to have just as good, if not better loot than the cosmic chests.

If you just want specific artifacts or uniques off the boss, it might not be worth going for the bounty chests, but if you need cosmics and uniques in general, it's usually worth it.

Oh damn. That explains why I've only seen a chest some of the times. I was wondering what the criteria was for that. When I was leveling Black Panther I only saw a chest once in awhile. Makes sense since I was rolling through levels stealthed.

I'll have to kill more stuff.

Well the bounty chests are only for cosmic level 60 terminals, Garath. You don't get extra chests for killing mobs in the other terminals.

cobell

Anyone play Taskmaster around here?

Just got him and started him out, any opinions on his passive stances?

I was eyeing Captain America and Spidey, but I'm not sure potential spirit return from that latter stance outweighs the damage potential of the Daredevil one.

Wallach

I was eyeing Captain America and Spidey, but I'm not sure potential spirit return from that latter stance outweighs the damage potential of the Daredevil one.

I play a lot of Taskmaster. Honestly I'd say for leveling your best bets are Cap and Hawkeye stances. You'll be better off using itemization to improve your spirit issues in the early game; stuff like Scrolls of Pama, Mark of the Odinborn, Spirit on Defeat stuff and/or on pickup (like ring slot). Spidey stance is actually quite good but I think it's better served at the high end of things when you have more Omega points to leverage for damage. Cap stance is a ridiculously powerful toggle and should probably be included in whatever you decide to do.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

i use cap and hawkeye stances on my ranged 60 Taskmaster

Jeeeez man!! Aren't you the guy who always gets lucky hot dropz, or was that rhaknar ??

its everyone except you aparently

Blank!

Terminals are new since I left. Anyone have a link to a guide? I have no clue what to be working on.

Green Terminals will always drop a cube shard on boss death the first time it's ran (23 hr cooldown?). Boss specific loot will NOT drop in Green Terminals. They're pretty much only useful for the Cube Shard.

Red terminals will always drop a cube shard on boss death (23 hr cooldown?). Boss specific loot can drop but at a lower chance than cosmic terminals.

Cosmic Terminals (only available at 60) do NOT drop cube shards ever. Increased chance at cosmic items (including medallions) from the terminal and better loot overall. Bosses have the highest chance of dropping their boss-specific loot (still rare as shit). Also has a special "Kill X # of mobs" bonus where killing a certain # will spawn a bonus cosmic chest at the end. One of the few methods of obtaining Cosmic Rings (+1 skill rings).

Both Green and Red terminals become available at level 25ish? Red's will give more Exp than green's as far as legendary quest XP orbs (cosmics give better than both).

Cube Shards can be traded in for Fortune Cards (boosts mostly, low chance at costumes), Ghost Boxes (crappy items mostly, 3 advanced crafting options, relics/upgrade tokens), and some misc. items that I don't find very useful.

Green/Red terminal running can make a nice alternative for leveling/gaining cube shards but the return is pretty bad. Cube Shard turn ins don't often yield anything worth while regardless of what you pick.

Carm

I play a lot of Taskmaster. Honestly I'd say for leveling your best bets are Cap and Hawkeye stances. You'll be better off using itemization to improve your spirit issues in the early game; stuff like Scrolls of Pama, Mark of the Odinborn, Spirit on Defeat stuff and/or on pickup (like ring slot). Spidey stance is actually quite good but I think it's better served at the high end of things when you have more Omega points to leverage for damage. Cap stance is a ridiculously powerful toggle and should probably be included in whatever you decide to do.

I just started playing him last night with some friends that just started. I had planned on using this build (melee) to level and pretty much stay with. I like the spirit gains on Spidey stance, is it really better to go for some with hawk stance?

http://www.marvelbase.com/builds/generator/taskmaster#2vK2q2vKvy22KGKv2/0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

XP bonus has been so good. Psylocke to 60, Daredevil to 60 and Gambit to 45 since Friday. Can't complain about that.

Was going to start Thor this weekend, but going to wait until Beta Ray team-up is out before I start him.

Amassed 400 splinters by the end of the weekend. Bought Squirrel Girl with them last night. Now only need Black Widow and that's all the current characters owned.

Ploid 3.0

Oh man, got a 10 splinter drop at a great time. Farming for 400 and was going to call it a night after I hit 235, I just needed 2 more. This almost makes me excited enough to try to get the rest tomorrow. I'm leveling characters in the process so it's not just a splinter per 6 minutes kind of dedication.

I wish this happened earlier, it sure boosts your motivation.

Carm

Just bought my first 3 random hero boxes with splinters. I wanted Capn/Colossus but would be okay with some of the others. First one is Squirrel Girl eh.. could be worse, second was a Moonknight token. Sucks it was a token but at least it's for a character I like. Third box had Rocket Raccoon, which I have almost no interest in. =x

Should have bit the bullet and bought Cap/Colossus during BOGO heh.

Also pulled the trigger on the Silver Surfer presale heh.

antonz

Just bought my first 3 random hero boxes with splinters. I wanted Capn/Colossus but would be okay with some of the others. First one is Squirrel Girl eh.. could be worse, second was a Moonknight token. Sucks it was a token but at least it's for a character I like. Third box had Rocket Raccoon, which I have almost no interest in. =x

Should have bit the bullet and bought Cap/Colossus during BOGO heh.

Also pulled the trigger on the Silver Surfer presale heh.

Squirrel Girl is crazy good. I think only Scarlet Witch is superior to her in cosmic Kurse runs and thats probably due to the teleport shaving time off travel. Just have to get used to her voice

garath

Only got to play for 10 minutes last night but in that time I completed two legendary quests. First was a red taskmaster terminal in which he decided to drop a chest for me and his nice purple medallion. Thank you taskmaster :p

Second was a story mission LQ but it was a fast one so I just knocked it off. Killed electro and he dropped 2 cosmic items and a unique :eek:

I guess it was a good night.

Trying to save up enough Odin marks to get a Cosmic wand for Gambit on top of leveling.

Yeah he looks awesome as hell.

The Deconstruct power seems pretty interesting. And the effects for most are just splendid. Great job Gaz. Can't believe they managed to sneak everyone's favorite Herald in under our noses.

garath

I just a little more of a push, see some of it in action perhaps and I'll be buying that bundle. He seems to have a bit of Dr. Strange style gameplay going on which appeals to me. Plus the movement skillset looks like it'll be a ton of fun, just flying around the maps. Lots of synergy with the move skills and Death from below.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I have to agree with the sentiment on the official forum that the voice just doesn't fit. Hopefully it's going to have some FX work to add some reverb and make him sound all cosmicy or something.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I have to agree with the sentiment on the official forum that the voice just doesn't fit. Hopefully it's going to have some FX work to add some reverb and make him sound all cosmicy or something.

im not sure what I expected from his voice really

Rhaknar

Yes but go melee.

kido_zpsb90fe5c1.gif

KePoW

Banned
Who said he was?

He's imbued with cosmic power of some sort, but he just sounds like a dude.

Yeah but I don't believe he's supposed to have some echoey thundery sound to his voice, at least that's not my impression from comix.

His origin is just a normal person I think.

Rhaknar

Who said he was?

He's imbued with cosmic power of some sort, but he just sounds like a dude.

I was kiding

Yeah but I don't believe he's supposed to have some echoey thundery sound to his voice, at least that's not my impression from comix.

His origin is just a normal alien I think.

fixed

inky

His origin is just a normal person I think.

Sure, a normal alien who was coated in silver paint and surfs throughout the universe.

They could've made it a bit different I guess. I just think regular dude voice is boring for him.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hi all,

Silver Surfer will most likely be coming to public test center for this weekend.

We have about 18 things in the approval queue right now, including his final tweaks, so it's been a super busy week for Marvel and the pipeline is slower than normal.

Beta Ray Bill Team-Up is also in final approval queue and should be arriving any day for public testing and official release.

We'll let you know on these forums the minute we get final clearance and we'll add them both to the test center store when that happens (that can be done without patching).

This wait is killing me. KILLING ME I SAY.

Top Bottom